• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

winjer

Gold Member

TwinB242

Russia launches missiles and Iranian drones at Ukranian cities on a daily basis killing civilians and destroying their infrastructure but somehow a few small drones with less than 2kg of explosives being launched at Moscow is somehow an unacceptable escalation according to vatniks......riiiiight.

Last edited:
Russia launches missiles and Iranian drones at Ukranian cities on a daily basis killing civilians and destroying their infrastructure but somehow a few small drones with less than 2kg of explosives being launched at Moscow is somehow an unacceptable escalation according to vatniks......riiiiight.

Not quite. Those missiles attacking Ukraine are false flags or fake, and Ukraine is using Western weapons to attack both itself and glorious Motherland.

Gp1

These drones got max 50km range according to google. Moscow is over 400km from ukraine border.
how ?
It could be anything. False flag or even Ukrainian SF inside Ukraine given how the frontier between these 2 is very porous.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Ukraine have zero interest in attacking Moscow with drones, there is no strategic value in killing a bunch of zombies in Moscow, probably a false flag orchestrated by Wagner/FSB or hopefully some resistance movement... I wish the Ukrainians would hurry up and steam roll these fuckers

John Bilbo

I'm a bit worried come next winter my country will be at war with Russia:

The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has today summoned Finland's Ambassador to Moscow Antti Helanterä for an interview, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs said in a statement.

Russia has announced that it will close the office of the Russian Embassy in Finland in Lappeenranta as of 1 July. Petrozavodsk and Murmansk offices, which are part of the Consulate General of Finland in St. Petersburg, will cease operations on the same day.

Russian officials say they have presented Finland with a note.

"This Russian decision is due to Finland's opposite course against Russia," the Russian Foreign Ministry said.

Finland announced already in January that the operations of the Murmansk office would be temporarily discontinued. In April, Finland announced that operations would temporarily cease in Petrozavodsk as well.
-Finnish Broadcasting Company

Tams

The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has today summoned Finland's Ambassador to Moscow Antti Helanterä for an interview, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs said in a statement.

Russia has announced that it will close the office of the Russian Embassy in Finland in Lappeenranta as of 1 July. Petrozavodsk and Murmansk offices, which are part of the Consulate General of Finland in St. Petersburg, will cease operations on the same day.

"This Russian decision is due to Finland's opposite course against Russia," the Russian Foreign Ministry said.

Finland announced already in January that the operations of the Murmansk office would be temporarily discontinued. In April, Finland announced that operations would temporarily cease in Petrozavodsk as well.

You're fine. You're in NATO now and Russia have little to successfully invade you with left.

winjer

Gold Member

The way the Russian officials talk, it would seem that it was Finland invading it's neighbors.
Only a shithole country like Russia to be constantly pretending to be the victim, while attacking everyone around them.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

I honestly wouldn't worry about that in the slightest, Finland has a great professional army with modern equipment and would make mincemeat out of the orcs, not to mention you'd have the whole of NATO coming to help, all the shite talk from Russia is for their internal audience who probably comprise about 20 functioning braincells between the lot of them

Paltheos

You're fine. You're in NATO now and Russia have little to successfully invade you with left.

As it turns out, they had little to successfully invade with to begin with. *badum tish*
(I'm sorry, I have nothing of substance to add and I lurk in this thread frequently enough and couldn't resist the opportunity)

FunkMiller

Mate, if Russia tried to invade Finland it actually would start world war 3. It’s not going to happen. The full force of NATO attacking Russia isnt what Putin wants, or can survive.

Last edited:

John Bilbo

Mate, if Russia tried to invade Finland it actually would start world war 3.
I think we have been inching towards the escalation of the war for a long while now. I hope the escalation dies out but in the back of my mind I find myself preparing for the worst.

Maybe it is because of the history of my country between Sweden and Russia. Maybe it's make believe.

Spaceman292

Banned

Didn't you guys fuck up Russia in WW2?

winjer

Gold Member

Finland had 2 wars with Russia during WW2.
Basically, they lost both, resulting in loss of some territory to Russia.
But Russia had much higher losses than Finland. For a democratic country, these losses would be unsustainable. But for a dictatorship ruled by Stalin, losing so many of his own people was inconsequential.

FunkMiller

I think we have been inching towards the escalation of the war for a long while now. I hope the escalation dies out but in the back of my mind I find myself preparing for the worst.

Im Not No Way GIF

Not going to happen. The one thing to understand about what's currently going on is that we live in an interdependent world, economically speaking, and another world war would seriously threaten the vast fortunes a great many people have built up - especially in Russia. And then there's China, who are the ones really pulling the strings in Russia. There's zero chance of Xi allowing Putin to start a world war that would surely cripple the Chinese economy.

Putin goes out a window long before he is allowed to threaten the fortunes of those around him. Hell, his main concern in life is his own wealth. All this posturing and saber rattling is just that. Empty threats and promises.

The geo-political system is vastly different from the way it was the last time a world war started. One of the good things you can say about global capitalism is that it acts as a fantastic bulwark against escalating warfare, almost as much as the threat of M.A.D with nuclear weapons.

FUBARx89

The White Death alone fucked up over 500 soviet soldiers in WW2. Arguably the greatest sniper of all time.

I would imagine his reputation alone despite his death would still strike fear into Russian troops, incase Finland managed to breed another absolute unit like him.

Hell man was that hard he had his lower face obliterated by an exploding bullet, pretended to be dead, survived it and lived into the early 2000's.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
He looks like a mafia member

He is a Mafia member.
Even when he was young, he was committing theft and violent crimes in the streets of Russia.

It's very common for criminals and autocratic regimes to go hand in hand.
For example, plenty of Nazi and Fascist party members were known criminals, even before joining,

Cyberpunkd

You know how it ended last time, right?

At that point the Russian army was a giant compared to shit they have now. FFS, you are shelling Kiev with some stupid drones? Who makes that strategy?

Last edited:

MrA

He is a Mafia member.
Even when he was young, he was committing theft and violent crimes in the streets of Russia.

It's very common for criminals and autocratic regimes to go hand in hand.
For example, plenty of Nazi and Fascist party members were known criminals, even before joining,

Stalin was a bank robber

Facism

Gold Member

mate, Finland would have smashed the shit out of any invading Russian force before NATO found the time to get there.

Nico_D

mate, Finland would have smashed the shit out of any invading Russian force before NATO found the time to get there.

Yeah, we mythological Finns. We need only 10 men and a pitchfork. Or axe if it's Winter.

A Russian opposition politician had demanded a new president in 2024. On Russian national TV. Dominoes falling?

FUBARx89

Yeah, we mythological Finns. We need only 10 men and a pitchfork. Or axe if it's Winter.

A Russian opposition politician had demanded a new president in 2024. On Russian national TV. Dominoes falling?

Pffft. Nothing will change. His inner circle/FSB or whatever should of turned on him by now realistically, but they haven't

All that will happen is Putin will just switch with one of his pals again, go "I'm not President!" Then switch back again after a term or so.

winjer

Gold Member

All that Finland needs is to start cloning Simo Häyhä.
This guy alone, gave Russians nightmares to last decades.

Prigozhin does his job: recruits cannon fodder into his militia to terrorise and kill Ukrainians. His actions speak louder than his words and he's useful to keep around.

Reactions: Gp1

Gp1

How is this guy still alive?

By having his own personal army and by doing Kremlin's dirt work around the entire world.
Wagner's footprint bury the ideia that Russia isn't a imperialistic country that can't project power.

He's more useful alive than dead.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Can somebody smarter than me please tell me what the fuck is going on with Prigozhin and how people are being thrown out of windows for lesser insults... The man just posted his latest video and I've a hard time believing it's not some deep fake cause he's mouthing off yet again but this time he's deliberately used Ukraines colours as his place mats...

How is he getting away with this, what purpose does it serve to be actively and publicly berating the Russian Armed Services, the Elites and heads of the military and indirectly Putin himself seeing as he appointed these incompetent cunts, it can't be "mind games" because all it serves to do is demoralise the regular Russian army and he knows by now that Ukraine is getting all the help it needs from NATO in planning and surveillance so it's not like they're paying him any attention whatsoever or making plans around what he's spouting...

I'm at a loss to see the angle here other than he's genuinely mouthing off building a reputation as a strong man of the people and as a potential successor to Putin but one where he's endorsed by Putin and then throws everyone else under the bus and Putin lives out the rest of his life in his big palace

Tams

Can somebody smarter than me please tell me what the fuck is going on with Prigozhin and how people are being thrown out of windows for lesser insults... The man just posted his latest video and I've a hard time believing it's not some deep fake cause he's mouthing off yet again but this time he's deliberately used Ukraines colours as his place mats...

How is he getting away with this, what purpose does it serve to be actively and publicly berating the Russian Armed Services, the Elites and heads of the military and indirectly Putin himself seeing as he appointed these incompetent cunts, it can't be "mind games" because all it serves to do is demoralise the regular Russian army and he knows by now that Ukraine is getting all the help it needs from NATO in planning and surveillance so it's not like they're paying him any attention whatsoever or making plans around what he's spouting...

I'm at a loss to see the angle here other than he's genuinely mouthing off building a reputation as a strong man of the people and as a potential successor to Putin but one where he's endorsed by Putin and then throws everyone else under the bus and Putin lives out the rest of his life in his big palace

As has already been said, he's still useful to Putin, both in Ukraine and globally.

And he's just as dangerous to Putin, if not more if he dies.

Reactions: Gp1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom