• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Judging by some of the videos surfacing, these "probing" attacks are turning pretty disastrous for ukrainians. Lots of destroyed, abandoned western IFVs, like Maxxpros. Just like russians, driving into minefields and pounded by artillery.

As I said, western armor won't magically make you immune to mines and artillery. Russians had plenty of time to dig trenches and mine everything. And just rushing against those defensive lines will not work. Without strong air support against artillery I don't have very high expectations (saddly) for this offensive.

source?

Putin has to die. I want him to. I sincerely do. Sometimes a person is just better off dead. Not talking about his officials, his troops or the people of Russia. HIM. He needs to fall out of a window.
Every man / woman that has helped him needs to meet this same fate. All his officials allow this to happen.

Tams

Judging by some of the videos surfacing, these "probing" attacks are turning pretty disastrous for ukrainians. Lots of destroyed, abandoned western IFVs, like Maxxpros. Just like russians, driving into minefields and pounded by artillery.

As I said, western armor won't magically make you immune to mines and artillery. Russians had plenty of time to dig trenches and mine everything. And just rushing against those defensive lines will not work. Without strong air support against artillery I don't have very high expectations (saddly) for this offensive.

Well, you're quoting a member of the Twitteratti who thinks infantry and aircover would help defend against mines...

MadAnon

Well, you're quoting a member of the Twitteratti who thinks infantry and aircover would help defend against mines...
Don't be dense. I think you are smart enough to understand what's being pointed out here. You can't demine when enemy artillery can pound you without any response. It's all fun and games when russians do such suicide rushes, but ukrainians answering with the same? Quite concerning if you ask me.

Last edited:

Tams

Don't be dense. I think you are smart enough to understand what's being pointed out here. You can't demine when enemy artillery can pound you without any response. It's all fun and games when russians do such suicide rushes, but ukrainians answering with the same? Quite concerning if you ask me.

It's in the guy's very tweet.

Liljagare

THE Röpcke of "Ukraine suffers terrible defeat at Kherson"?

Yeah, I'd wait for more sources.

Phobos Base

Putin has to die. I want him to. I sincerely do. Sometimes a person is just better off dead. Not talking about his officials, his troops or the people of Russia. HIM. He needs to fall out of a window.

Risk is someone even more hardling takes over, or you get another Yugoslavia were ethnic groups all turn on eachother.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

fyi: this guy works at a sensationalist newspaper.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Putin calls blowing up the dam a barbaric act 🤣 he has some steel balls , I’ll have to give him that . 🤡
Deny The Office GIF

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Yeah, but can you explain why are ukrainians doing what russians are doing? Dumb suicide rushes.

For starters I can tell that from the media he's posted you can't know how many vehicles were lost, only one was smoking, so who knows what really happened.

Second, if this was an attempt to make russians reveal their artillery positions, at least they sent the soldiers inside armored vehicles instead of sending them empty handed like russia does. Because if the whole area is mined, anyone attempting to demine will be blown by artillery so you have to take care of that first.

Liljagare

Yeah, but can you explain why are ukrainians doing what russians are doing? Dumb suicide rushes.

You seen the quality of those pictures? How on earth did you identify what is in them?

All everyone else is seeing are potato quality pictures, meanwhile, the RuSSkies claim they destroyed 52 tanks and killed 1500 UA troops.

When there are destroyed Leopards or Strf 90's etc, you will see high quality pictures blasted out by RuSSia.

Last edited:

How many of those sims will keep telling themselves this is fine? 200k and still going up and thinking they are winning, this is only 1 person's fault. Is Putler more important to 200k dead people?

Fenix34

I remove teeth
Hello guys.You speak with usual russians about war?These months i try to speak with them.Speak was like always nothing i have been blocked in couple groups and some of them avoid these theme.Nothing new

FunkMiller

Hello guys.You speak with usual russians about war?These months i try to speak with them.Speak was like always nothing i have been blocked in couple groups and some of them avoid these theme.Nothing new

Don’t bother. They’re either supportive of their ‘hard man’s’ actions, or happily brainwashed. None give a shit about what their country is doing to Ukraine.

Reports of first leopards and bradleys being spotted and destroyed. Russians even released some blurry pictures so I guess there is some truth to it.

Seems they drove into a minefield... Im going to guess the russians mined the fk out of the frontline.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I'm stunned by how many people still look at individual Twitter accounts (see above for Ropcke's sensationalist bullshit) and believe what they say, even when nobody else is saying the same thing. There's so much deliberate disinformation flying about that you can't take anything at face value, until it's been corroborated by multiple sources - ones that are reliable.

Last edited:

NeoGuff

Banned
Got to question why Russia would blow a damn that floods Russian occupied land, cuts off water to Crimea and it's nuclear power plant, and remove the natural barrier that's keeping Ukrainian tanks out...
Don’t think just wave your ukraine flag and send money to them😂

Lasha

Got to question why Russia would blow a damn that floods Russian occupied land, cuts off water to Crimea and it's nuclear power plant, and remove the natural barrier that's keeping Ukrainian tanks out...

Saddle Ukraine with a massive humanitarian crisis while it tries to mount a counter offensive. Further secure Russian flanks to free up soldiers to reenforce elsewhere. Permanently disable another piece of Ukrainian infrastructure to try and damage morale. Many reasons.

winjer

Gold Member

Because flooding that whole region prevents Ukraine from attacking south of the dam.
And Russia has no problems in destroying what they control, if it hurst the enemy. Remember when Russia burn Moscow, just to hurt Napoleon.

Besides, blowing up a damn is not easy. It's possible to damage parts of it with bombers, something that Ukraine doesn't have.
But to blow it up like it did, it's necessary to be inside it and place a lot of explosives. Only the Russians could do this.

And this will also hurt Ukraine's agricultural production. Ukraine might soon turn from being an exporter of grain, to being an importer.
All this damage shows that Russia is very willing to cause another Holodomor.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Because flooding that whole region prevents Ukraine from attacking south of the dam.
And Russia has no problems in destroying what they control, if it hurst the enemy. Remember when Russia burn Moscow, just to hurt Napoleon.

Besides, blowing up a damn is not easy. It's possible to damage parts of it with bombers, something that Ukraine doesn't have.
But to blow it up like it did, it's necessary to be inside it and place a lot of explosives. Only the Russians could do this.

And this will also hurt Ukraine's agricultural production. Ukraine might soon turn from being an exporter of grain, to being an importer.
All this damage shows that Russia is very willing to cause another Holodomor.

Those waters will recede and they can turn off the water flow at the dam further upstream...

Anyway, was just a thought... :messenger_smirking:

winjer

Gold Member
Those waters will recede and they can turn off the water flow at the dam further upstream...

Those waters will leave most of South Ukraine bogged in mud.
This really limits the places where Ukraine can attack.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right

Some folks reckon that it will take several years to remove all the mud/debris/flotsam/sediment from affected regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom