• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Jokes aside the fact we might be seeing history itself once again play out on a social media arm ran by a self conscious and insecure billionaire who may be having a cage fight with the other most self conscious and insecure billionaire alongside news that the titanic has cause more sea related deaths is just the most *Current Year* thing I have ever seen in my life. I honestly question anymore if this is a simulation. Not because it all seems fake, but because it all seems so fucking lazy and programmed that some drunk alien somewhere has left his drink on the button.

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

KrakenIPA

Jokes aside the fact we might be seeing history itself once again play out on a social media arm ran by a self conscious and insecure billionaire who may be having a cage fight with the other most self conscious and insecure billionaire alongside news that the titanic has cause more sea related deaths is just the most *Current Year* thing I have ever seen in my life. I honestly question anymore if this is a simulation. Not because it all seems fake, but because it all seems so fucking lazy and programmed that some drunk alien somewhere has left his drink on the button.

🤷‍♂️
It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times.

ThisIsMyDog

220px-Call_of_Duty_4_Modern_Warfare.jpg

Sadly probably yes and wagner guy would be worse than putin I believe. He is pure psycho
Ultranationalist trying to take power, i think i saw that plot somewhere..

winjer

Gold Member
Wagner has a lot of contracts in Africa to protect government officials and strategic resources, like mines and oil. So their finances are relatively solid.
The amount of people they have is another matter, but they seem to be more competent that the Russian army.

Banjo64

cumsessed
220px-Call_of_Duty_4_Modern_Warfare.jpg

Ultranationalist trying to take power, i think i saw that plot somewhere..
If there’s a coup I’d hope the US would use a Hellfire R9X missile immediately (same missile that killed Wazahiri). Sure there’s a Western friendly puppet we could install? Won’t happen I know.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
If there’s a coup I’d hope the US would use a Hellfire R9X missile immediately (same missile that killed Wazahiri). Sure there’s a Western friendly puppet we could install? Won’t happen I know.

Or a shitload of switchblade drones to send a message.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Imagine how easy it would be to fake this.
Fake wagner guy voice and video appearances and then just send UA military int russia dressed as wagner army. nobody would know.
I don't think it's happening. But it's insane how easy it would be t fake that

FunkMiller

Doesn't that apply to Wagner as well though? It's not like the dude is pledging to stop the war in Ukraine if he succeeds or anything.

Oh, he doesn't give a shit about Ukraine. But the key point here is that whatever his motivations, a major destabilisation of the Russian regime is only good for Ukraine.

Majukun

Oh, he doesn't give a shit about Ukraine. But the key point here is that whatever his motivations, a major destabilisation of the Russian regime is only good for Ukraine.
only if it's protracted though, if prigozhin gets what he wants and goes back, now we have a russian army with better direction and probably better morale back in ukraine.

FunkMiller

only if it's protracted though, if prigozhin gets what he wants and goes back, now we have a russian army with better direction and probably better morale back in ukraine.

Pigozhin would sue for peace the second he took control. This isn't about Ukraine. It's about seizing power in Russia. These people are thugs, not despots. He smells a chance to take over and run shit his way. But if he did, there's zero chance the Russian satellites would stay in line. Instant chaos and civil war.

None of this is bad for Ukraine's position.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Is this too good to be true?
If Ukraine is smart they drop all bombs on them now , job done

I understand the thought, and I really hope this event will lead to a clear practical advantage for Ukraine on the battlefield. But we're not quite there yet, there is still basically just as hard fighting happening in Ukraine today as yesterday. But yeah let's cross our fingers.

sinnergy

Is this too good to be true?

I understand the thought, and I really hope this event will lead to a clear practical advantage for Ukraine on the battlefield. But we're not quite there yet, there is still basically just as hard fighting happening in Ukraine today as yesterday. But yeah let's cross our fingers.
Now it’s time to speed up plans and kick them all in the balls .. there is total chaos within Russian ranks . Bomb all bridges make shit happen . Before this idiot Wagner is in power . Free as much as you can .

Last edited:

Majukun

Pigozhin would sue for peace the second he took control. This isn't about Ukraine. It's about seizing power in Russia. These people are thugs, not despots. He smells a chance to take over and run shit his way. But if he did, there's zero chance the Russian satellites would stay in line. Instant chaos and civil war.

None of this is bad for Ukraine's position.
guy doesn't want total control, not immediately at least.
notice, he never once mentioned putin in any of his speeches, what he is after, for now, is being appointed BY putin as head of military.
it's actually smart , because entering russia with an army and declaring you want to take out the supreme leader, would encounter much more resistance

on the other side, putin would benefit from having a better commander behind the war effort, but that would put him in a position of vulnerability, since for the first time in years he would not hold all the cards

it will come down to how much support prigozhin can gather in his march to moscow, if the tide rises enough that putin has no choice but to concede, then everything will be back into the war business for the foreseeable future

Last edited:

Majukun

Is it clear whom or what Wagner is moving against? Is it the Ministry of Defense? Is it Putin? Is it both?
imho first trying to get an hold as new ministry of defense.
then afterwards trying the checkmate when he has a firm hold on the military branch, but only afterwards and maybe after some success on the ukranian side

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Basically MoD and Shoigu.

If that's the case, then this could be a means to portray the Ministry of Defense as the "fall guy", and Putin will still be in power?

Publically? the MoD.

Reality? Putin.

I see. The fog of war seems a bit intense at the moment. We'll see how this all shakes up in the coming days. Hopefully it ends up in a better situation and not something worse. At least it sounds like some kind of effort to create a justification for ending the war, but that could be wishful thinking on my part.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
How many wagners there are ?! How is he paying them?
There can't be THAT much. It's only a private army and they were decimated in ua
At this point the CIA would gladly cover all their pay checks, as well as pay anyone they meet to either join or get out of their way. If Russia is offering a dime and Prigozhin is offering a dollar allegiances will flip like a switch Russia being Russia.

I'm happy if this helps Ukraine take back their country and seeing the Russians fight amongst themselves will be fun but on the other hand we might just see an even more dangerous person running the country with access to nukes.

Once he gets near Moscow then shit is going to get really interesting. Let's see how it plays out... :messenger_grimmacing_

Wildebeest

They worked out that Russia is basically undefended compared to Ukraine, so it would be much easier to loot. These Russians are playing 10D chess.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
As ill-educated on military matters as i am, isnt now the time for Ukraine to push the offensive now?
Obviously. Ukraine is saved. This is end of war for ukraine. if wagners are out and ruzzians are going back, terretories should be free soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom