• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
This is the shit that happens when you're playing medieval wars of conquest in the twenty first century. Honestly, I doubt Prighozin (sp?) wants to replace Putin in the short term at least. He wants to become the army - he's been beefing very publically with the russian army for quite awhile now.

holy shit is that dude almost at Moscow?? if I'm looking at Google Maps properly then they are 75KM outside Moscow. that's only a ~50 minute drive according to Google directions :messenger_grimmacing_.

Shit is going to go crazy in the next hour if they keep rolling right up into Moscow.

FunkMiller

Big IF - but if (multiple) reports are true that Wagner have made it to Tula, then Moscow is the objective, and they aren't meeting with much resistance.

Shocked Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

nemiroff

Gold Member
holy shit is that dude almost at Moscow?? if I'm looking at Google Maps properly then they are 75KM outside Moscow. that's only a ~50 minute drive according to Google directions :messenger_grimmacing_.

Shit is going to go crazy in the next hour if they keep rolling right up into Moscow.

Something doesn't add up. The whole of Wagner is just 25 000, there's no way a partial Wagner convoy will be able to penetrate Moscow, a city of 12 million which I'd expect would be well defended by the ruZZian army? But then again I'm no military expert or strategist, so..

Edit: Are part of the military really switching sides in a manner that matters here..? I'd hope so, but it seems so surrealistic.

Last edited:
Something doesn't add up. The whole of Wagner is just 25 000, there's no way a partial Wagner convoy will be able to penetrate Moscow, a city of 12 million which I'd expect would be well defended by the ruZZian army? But then again I'm no military expert or strategist, so..
Fuck knows what's happening but Google maps just says M4 is closed about 75KM outside Moscow (or 100km from the center of Moscow).

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Fucking Turkey should be arresting those cunts as they land, why in the fuck did so many Turks vote that wannabe Putin back in, we're gonna see that cunt play out a similar conflict a few years down the road...

Imagine Belarus & Ukraine joining NATO next year, Putler has to be going down in History as one of the biggest fuck ups in modern times, hopefully he gets to contemplate it locked up in a cell for the rest of his miserable life soon

Doczu

yeah that and vids showin sand dump trucks in moscow. They really think moscow will be attacked. It would be the first time in history that anyone got to moscow. Nazis got close though
Not the first time. 400 years ago the Polish Commonwealth kicked Russia's ass and even apointed a puppet government in Moscov. But that's a totally "akschually" history nerd moment.

On topic: go Russia! Only you can stop Russia!

Kenpachii

Fucking Turkey should be arresting those cunts as they land, why in the fuck did so many Turks vote that wannabe Putin back in, we're gonna see that cunt play out a similar conflict a few years down the road...

Imagine Belarus & Ukraine joining NATO next year, Putler has to be going down in History as one of the biggest fuck ups in modern times, hopefully he gets to contemplate it locked up in a cell for the rest of his miserable life soon

Said it before, EU/Nato/US should start shit with turkey to get rid of erdogan. Dude is putin 2.0

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Said it before, EU/Nato/US should start shit with turkey to get rid of erdogan. Dude is putin 2.0
I think that's why the US is reluctant to sell any proper next gen mil tech to that fucker, he's another old fart who should've pissed off but instead like all those "shithole" countries they're in for themselves and not for the betterment of their people and will goto war just to stay in their palaces

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member

Edit: Are part of the military really switching sides in a manner that matters here..? I'd hope so, but it seems so surrealistic.
He’s been reportedly taking over military and police facilities with little to no resistance. When Caesar crossed the Rubicon and took over Rome he did it with a single legion in much the same fashion.

Azurro

Banned
yeah that and vids showin sand dump trucks in moscow. They really think moscow will be attacked. It would be the first time in history that anyone got to moscow. Nazis got close though

No, Napoleon took Moscow. He and his army ust had nothing to eat by the time he got there though.

Cyberpunkd

Something doesn't add up. The whole of Wagner is just 25 000, there's no way a partial Wagner convoy will be able to penetrate Moscow, a city of 12 million which I'd expect would be well defended by the ruZZian army?
Normally I would agree with you but things like Opium Wars or the 1905 Russian-Japanese war show that sometimes the reality is stranger than any fiction.

nemiroff

Gold Member
This seems like the ruZZian An-26 that they claimed Wagner shot down earlier today, but couldn't find a confirmation (I guess that's logical at this time).

Last edited:

FunkMiller

A point that is very important but understandably overlooked at the moment is that Wagner have been providing a great deal of support to pro-Russian governments across the world (particularly in Africa). That support has now disappeared. We can expect massive destabilisation of any regime that has aligned itself to Russia. And an equally massive shift to support for the west.

Oh, and then there's Syria... :pie_astonished:

Last edited:

Hudo

How comes I know nothing about it. Please explain 👍🥙

Pro-Russian piece of shit troll on Twitter. One of the loudest and most high profile.
Also the guy who was founder (and "CEO"?) of MegaUpload. I think he's still involved in some successor hoster called "Mega"? In any case, the guy is essentially the primary target for every software company that hates piracy. Because that's what his platform was used for mainly.

tommolb

I'm not sure Wagner rolling into Moscow unopposed and Prigozhin deposing Putin is a good outcome TBH. This guy advocates an even more brutal war against Ukraine than the one being waged?

Best case scenario is an all mighty civil war (no nukes of course) and both the Russian Army and Wagner being decimated and both Putin and Prigozhin ending up dead. In the aftermath, Russia is so gutted that it withdraws from Ukraine.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjp

FUBARx89

This has been a fucking wild week.

Musk & Zuckerberg cage fight
Titan sub
Russian coup

How long til Kadyrov flees Chechnya do we think?

I thought this would be a failed thing like the Turkish coup, but if he truly has got army defecting to him, it could very well work.

Should see some fighting in/around Moscow tonight, which will be intresting

I'm not sure Wagner rolling into Moscow unopposed and Prigozhin deposing Putin is a good outcome TBH. This guy advocates an even more brutal war against Ukraine than the one being waged?

Best case scenario is an all mighty civil war (no nukes of course) and both the Russian Army and Wagner being decimated and both Putin and Prigozhin ending up dead. In the aftermath, Russia is so gutted that it withdraws from Ukraine.

I think if Putin gets deposed, especially by Prig, then all bets are off. Putin has had a power vacuum for over 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom