• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiggs

Gold Member
I was wrong.

It’s absolutely mind boggling that Putin wouldn’t have Prigozhin under control… but it’s certainly looking like it.

No need for the apology (even though it's classy AF), and I completely agree with you: Russia is a mess.

Last edited:

JayK47

I wonder what kind of deal the CIA made with Wagner. Does Wagner think the CIA will not stab him in the back if he succeeds?

Kenpachii

Got to wonder why Putin didn't think Wagner could turn around and make a march on Moscow and not have an armed force near Moscow capable of stopping him just incase.

Maybe he had, but they turned. After all this, i doubt putin trusted much or any of his militairy.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Just need Aliens to arrive and start an Invasion for the week to be complete

We kinda did get the closest thing to Aliens with the David Grusch disclosures about UAPs and retrieval teams and shit. Not sure if that counts for Disaster Bingo 2023 though.

dem

How do the Russian soldiers not just turn on their command in the Ukraine right now?

I know the Russian people are beaten dogs.. but when faced with the meat grinder..

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
I thought it was really odd that Prigozhin was allowed to mouth off publicly for months, without any serious reprisal from the Kremlin. He just was constantly talking shit about the MoD and the war, when others have been windowed or tea'ed for far less. And here is he now, at the proverbial gates.

I know Putin seems to have caught by surprise here but how can this Wagner mob get so close to Moscow so quickly with so little resistance? Maybe a lot of Russia army joining up with Wagner?
How do the Russian soldiers not just turn on their command in the Ukraine right now?

I know the Russian people are beaten dogs.. but when faced with the meat grinder..
A lot of them might be doing that right now or will be very soon.

TwinB242

Hopefully this is Putin's final curtain.

Looks like this is his "find out" stage.

I would be cautious of celebrating a potential outcome where Putin is overthrown because we don't know if whoever replaces him (whether its Prighozin or someone else) will end up being worse. A potentially bigger warmonger taking the reins could be worse for Ukraine and the entire world for that matter.

Pelta88

Prigozhin right now

warriors-come-out-to-play-the-warriors.gif

I would be cautious of celebrating a potential outcome where Putin is overthrown because we don't know if whoever replaces him (whether its Prighozin or someone else) will end up being worse. A potentially bigger warmonger taking the reins could be worse for Ukraine and the entire world for that matter.
I'm not celebrating. I'm just happy this seems to be working out for Ukraine right now. If this Wagner dude replaces Putin then you're just replacing one nutcase with another and yeah it could cause more trouble for the rest of the world.

FunkMiller

It's absolutely right to celebrate the downfall of Putin, if it happens. There won't be a 'replacement' because Russia is going up in fucking flames if Putin falls. Someone may nominally take over in the Kremlin, but if the cork comes out of the bottle in terms of the Russian republics (which it absolutely will), then the whole damn place falls into civil war. There won't simply be a changing of the guard.

Last edited:

Chiggs

Gold Member

I'd generally agree with this, but I think the sane world is ready to deal with the "devil they don't know."

Last edited:
this wont end the way we want it to, but its gonna be a helluva ride.
What way do we want it to end? Peacefully isn't an option. If Putin is backed into a corner who knows what he could do. If this Wagner dude replaces Putin then it looks like Russia will be run by another evil cunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom