• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackM1st

Banned
Read like they may be hopeful their men are still alive after initial reports of their deaths. That would be welcome news. No confirmation, however.
There's video. What confirmation do you need anymore?

What do you expect Ukrainian government to say? "Yes, our war heroes surrendered and alive in Russia" ?

Anyway, I said what I wanted. Provided what I could. Everything else... Well, it's not on me. I just hope that every other post would be scrutinized just like mine. But I doubt it...

Clearly you know the details of everyone's lives to make such broad claims and that omnipresent talent you use in broad strokes would be useful.

I'm only having a laugh at the things I've personally witnessed in here. Lighten up buddy. Why do you feel so personally attacked? I never even quoted you (or even directly targeted specific individuals with my sweet Harold meme), so why so bent out of shape? I'm not the first one here to point out the unbecoming behavior and reporting on this situation that's been going on in the thread.

You know what, in fact here, maybe this will make you feel better and I genuinely feel this too...

I truly appreciate the folks in here reserving the spicy takes, and for putting at least a modicum of effort into not furthering the confusion and misinformation surrounding the situation.

That's gotta be worth something right?

RAÏSanÏa

There's video. What confirmation do you need anymore?

What do you expect Ukrainian government to say? "Yes, our war heroes surrendered and alive in Russia" ?

Anyway, I said what I wanted. Provided what I could. Everything else... Well, it's not on me. I just hope that every other post would be scrutinized just like mine. But I doubt it...
The video doesn't disprove that men died. Maybe some soldiers did surrender after initial attack.

And from following this thread it's safe to say all posts get plenty of scrutiny.

RAÏSanÏa

I'm only having a laugh at the things I've personally witnessed in here. Lighten up buddy. Why do you feel so personally attacked? I never even quoted you (or even directly targeted specific individuals with my sweet Harold meme), so why so bent out of shape? I'm not the first one here to point out the unbecoming behavior and reporting on this situation that's been going on in the thread.

You know what, in fact here, maybe this will make you feel better and I genuinely feel this too...

I truly appreciate the folks in here reserving the spicy takes, and for putting at least a modicum of effort into not furthering the confusion and misinformation surrounding the situation.

That's gotta be worth something right?
You're the one attacking the integrity of a group of people you don't know for your own amusement and then wonder why anyone would find that offensive. You say a lot about yourself.

Hopefully we’re all sending them our best shit.

I don’t know, all help is welcome but at the same time your country is the battleground in a pretty much lost war. What is the point of continuing? Of course, Ukraine government probably has access to all the intel so it could be that they actually feel that they can fight against Russia and halt their expansion.

Cleared_Hot

You just couldn’t stop yourself from conflating your own countries politics into this could you?
Did Biden look at his watch the whole time?
Once was more than enough. Then he did it every time another casket passed, so 13 times

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I don’t know, all help is welcome but at the same time your country is the battleground in a pretty much lost war. What is the point of continuing? Of course, Ukraine government probably has access to all the intel so it could be that they actually feel that they can fight against Russia and halt their expansion.

They've held Russia from taking Kyiv for two nights.

BlackM1st

Banned
I don’t know, all help is welcome but at the same time your country is the battleground in a pretty much lost war. What is the point of continuing?

Just buying time for more sanctions and western governments to act. War is lost already. Was lost in 2 days I think. It's all about post-war world/ Ukraine future peace talks.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Looks like that IKEA made cage armor at the top of Russian tanks worth nothing.

St. Javelin is keeping his blessings sharp.

boom GIF

They've held Russia from taking Kyiv for two nights.
Two days and they are at the capital… and I fear Russia won’t stop now. It is a lost war unless other countries send actual troops there.
… or the Ukrainian gov has access to intel indicating that Russian doesn’t have what it takes to actually take the capital.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
A lot of misinformation in this thread.

0 critical thinking too. Just blind faith in twitter fakes, total hate and primal fear of unknown.

I understand that people are on edge, but just posting AND believing in literally anything you see on Twitter is ridiculous.

Stop posting jet fighting videos , please. It's from a game.

Video of an old guy being run over by a Russian tank was debunked too.

It was Ukrainian forces mistakenly attacking another Ukrainian forces and during the fighting that guy in a tank run over Ukrainian civilian in his car. There's a few videos of that incident online from a different angles.

13 Ukrainian war heroes from that island aren't dead too They said fuck you to Russians and then surrendered in full. Around 80 people were send to Crimea.

debunked by whom?

Again I will put out that this is not a tank but a 9K35 Strela-10 which is a Anti-Air variant of the MB-LT platform of fighting vehicle.

9A35_combat_vehicle_9K35_Strela-10_-_TankBiathlon14part2-37.jpg

As both Ukraine and Russia actively use this vehicle its pretty easy to argue either way, outside of the fact Ukraine has a fairly unique paint job for their vehicles.

210824191335KAKQ.jpg

ly32o9htfcj71.jpg

Including for the 9K35 Strela-10

3BpfnIe.jpg

however considering Russia in the past has actively blamed Ukraine every time they did something in the conflict

and the fact the colour scheme of the vehicle matches the matt dark green seen on the build up of Russian forces prior to invasion.

GettyImages-1237582156-1444x710.jpg

I have to ask.... why are you so sure others are spreading misinformation, and not say yourself being the one spreading it?

Last edited:
A stronger Russia is a weaker world in general.
And that, is the whole problem with the western world. You've created a designated enemy, united countries against them, ostracized them and snubbed them at every turn where you could, constructed an entire narrative. You've acted like a school's popular bully - think pretty rich girl with connections that has a gaggle of fans and minions - for decades, and you're acting all surprised and indignant when you realize your designated victim has had enough and brought their collection of guns to class.

And then when they said "either you back off or I start shooting" you told your minions to step closer.

Again I will put out that this is not a tank but a 9K35 Stela-10 which is a Anti-Air variant of the BT-SR platform of fighting vehicle.
So, in your tactical opinion, what was an anti-air missile carrier with no close-in weaponry doing in the middle of a hostile urban area? With no support, no nothing, just randomly driving around crushing civilian vehicles? This isn't War Thunder.

Thaedolus

It’s not a lost war. There’s no guarantee Russia will go all in if they’re struggling now, and if you can make the all out approach become a Pyrrhic victory at best, then withdrawal could become a much more palatable option for Russia than continuing to commit troops and resources.

This war only really made much sense if Ukraine could’ve been quickly crushed, Zelenksey flees or is captured and the government collapsed. None of that has happened. Even the Ukrainian Air Force is apparently still contesting the air space when it was thought it was immediately crumble.

Driving up the cost of this historic mistake to completely unforeseen levels for Putin and his fucks is exactly what the West needs to do to ensure nobody tries it again…and believe that China’s paying attention.

It’s not a lost war. There’s no guarantee Russia will go all in if they’re struggling now, and if you can make the all out approach become a Pyrrhic victory at best, then withdrawal could become a much more palatable option for Russia than continuing to commit troops and resources.

This war only really made much sense if Ukraine could’ve been quickly crushed, Zelenksey flees or is captured and the government collapsed. None of that has happened. Even the Ukrainian Air Force is apparently still contesting the air space when it was thought it was immediately crumble.

Driving up the cost of this historic mistake to completely unforeseen levels for Putin and his fucks is exactly what the West needs to do to ensure nobody tries it again…and believe that China’s paying attention.
But it’s been 3 days. I know it’s an immediate gratification world, but three days is not a long, drawn out conflict. I just think we are all going to see what we want to see right now.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
Expect deaths to grow as the war advances, there’s a three front assault (north, east and south) organized war, Russia has accomplished a lot already, Crimea. Capturing cities, Russia has the ability to command the skies in the coming week. Ukraine doesn’t have an Air Force, zero bombers. The president of Ukraine should accept Bidens help.

bill goldberg mic drop GIF by WWE

RAÏSanÏa

The Statue of Liberty is Kaput!

ManaByte

Gold Member
Expect deaths to grow as the war advances, there’s a three front assault (north, east and south) organized war, Russia has accomplished a lot already, Crimea. Capturing cities, Russia has the ability to command the skies in the coming week. Ukraine doesn’t have an Air Force, zero bombers. The president of Ukraine should accept Bidens help.

What is it today with bots posting Russian BS from Telegram?

LQX

It's surprising and not surprising this war does not seem like a cake walk for Russia. The way the USA was feeding the world every move Russia was making is probably a good indicator there are some in Putin inner circle that did not want this war to happen and was probably hoping key information getting out there would give Putin pause, and you can now see why. If what some of what these captured soldiers are saying is true is then many had no idea they potentially would be going to war and were just on training missions. How is that possible? It's one thing to prepare men for war.....but just throwing them head first into one? Morale cant high, even with a superior military and equipment. Many are probably more terrified than those they're invading.

Also, the longer this war goes on, the more likely Putin will fall before Ukraine. The look on that spy chief face whom he dressed down for the world to see I think tells a story of many of his own who might feel a lot of relief with him gone.

Thaedolus

But it’s been 3 days. I know it’s an immediate gratification world, but three days is not a long, drawn out conflict. I just think we are all going to see what we want to see right now.
There’s absolutely a lot of that going around right now, but just saying they’re outgunned and the inevitable will happened a) isn’t true and b) pragmatically, would become a self fulfilling prophecy by destroying the will of the people to fight.

There are bunch of ways to drive up the cost to Putin and all of them, short of sending in our own troops, should be utilized

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

0 critical thinking too. Just blind faith in twitter fakes, total hate and primal fear of unknown.

I understand that people are on edge, but just posting AND believing in literally anything you see on Twitter is ridiculous.

It was Ukrainian forces mistakenly attacking another Ukrainian forces and during the fighting that guy in a tank run over Ukrainian civilian in his car. There's a few videos of that incident online from a different angles.

13 Ukrainian war heroes from that island aren't dead too They said fuck you to Russians and then surrendered in full. Around 80 people were send to Crimea.
This is probably your source:

Imagine taking Alex Jones types seriously. "Critikal thinking", sorry son this ain't it. Not everything is conspiracy.

Last edited:

I just wish this war is over soon. It is such a pointless waste of resources and lives. The West building an example out of the misery of Ukrainian people doesn’t sound good. At the same time they are fighting for the freedom which is up to them to decide. It is a cost for both sides and at this point I highly doubt Putin will actually stop unless force is used (I really hope I am wrong here but Ukraine is dealing with a potential psico). Unless, once again, intel suggests Russia is falling apart, perhaps some sort of internal movement to overthrow Putin?)

Last edited:

This tripe should be banned, but then how would be laugh at you?

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

There is a Global Hawk flying ISR in the Black Sea.

We should get a confirmation of this incident.

Great thread explaining what's probably happening to Russian forces at the tactical level.

If Russian doctors weren't so prone to falling out windows they'd be in much better position to help.

QSD

There’s absolutely a lot of that going around right now, but just saying they’re outgunned and the inevitable will happened a) isn’t true and b) pragmatically, would become a self fulfilling prophecy by destroying the will of the people to fight.

There are bunch of ways to drive up the cost to Putin and all of them, short of sending in our own troops, should be utilized
Let's not forget that before the allies the russians were also in afghanistan, they too heavily outgunned the local populace, and they too failed in the end. The result of this war is not set in stone by a long shot.

miles118

Before Germany was blocking other NATO nations from sending weapons because they were sure they were going to lose. But now that they are winning :

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So, in your tactical opinion, what was an anti-air missile carrier with no close-in weaponry doing in the middle of a hostile urban area? With no support, no nothing, just randomly driving around crushing civilian vehicles? This isn't War Thunder.

unsure why people are claiming "without support" the entire "The Ukrainians did this" push on the story is based around this leaving the area of a firefight, which would infer friendly combatants and hostile combatants, also do people not see the 7.62 machine gun mount on this thing? does it just disappear for people? The top Hatch on the right side is actually flipped up during the video to allow access.

546e35d469beddf442dac8f1

could be multiple reasons it was moving off, it could be that is been handed out to poorly trained separatists (pictured above) by the Russians who have no idea how to use it.

However im throwing up the counter point to all these people spouting "dont believe shit on twitter" when there own evidence is always "someone else on twitter" which would require some fairly large leaps and alot of "good faith" towards the Russian propaganda machine to accept them as the more likely scenario.

Last edited:
Except they're not doing that. That's what Russia state propaganda is claiming.
You quoted part of my post and I wasn’t implying that. Just said that there is cost of human lives and feeding weapons to prolong a war that is potentially lost is just increasing this cost. But I have a feeling something is rot in Russia government and that this is Putin reacting to that. US knew every step Russia was taking, so it could be that a group from within the Russian government is feeding the US intel which in turn indicates that Putin might have some internal trouble.

chromhound

Putin need to give up. This was is such a waste of money and human lives. What was the point of all of this ?
Is it the start of the end for Putin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom