• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putin's former bodyguard flees to Ecuador, condemns war against Ukraine​

ukrinform.net/rubric...

scary movie run GIF

Liljagare

The occupiers revealed their positions while trying to bring down the Ukrainian flag over the temporarily occupied Donetsk
"The Russians tried to shoot it down. We had one interception where Russian soldiers were talking to each other and cursing each other. When the flag was flying from Avdiivka to Donetsk, they tried to shoot it down with all available means.
They exposed all their firing positions. And yesterday the 10th Brigade worked very hard," said Vitaliy Barabash, head of the Avdiivka CMA.

Yesterday I was debating updating my map to this, because I was certain Ukraine was in these locations, but I chickened out and posted a more conservative update. Today videos came out showing even this wasn't aggressive enough.
Satellite made it obvious ukraine was there, which is why I posted the sentinel overlay yesterday. It was my way of saying "they are probably further than I am showing." ⏬

The entire front is starting to look, shakey? Finally? Just hoping.. :\

Last edited:

Liljagare

They need to restock ammo on horseback yet use bullets on balloons?

And fired on it from multiple positions?

Is this Advance Wars?

No, it's a growing ignore list.. :)

Russian General Admits Ukraine Just a 'Stepping Stone' to Invade Europe:​

"I think there's still plenty of time to spend. It is pointless to talk about a specified period. If we are talking about Eastern Europe, which we will have to, of course then it will be longer," the general said. "Ukraine is only a stepping stone?" the interviewer then asked."Yes, absolutely. It is only the beginning," Mordvichev responded, who went on to say that the war "will not stop here."

This war will last for a long time, because we still need to liberate Eastern Europe, says Russian general and war criminal Andrei Mordvichev.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The occupiers revealed their positions while trying to bring down the Ukrainian flag over the temporarily occupied Donetsk
"The Russians tried to shoot it down. We had one interception where Russian soldiers were talking to each other and cursing each other. When the flag was flying from Avdiivka to Donetsk, they tried to shoot it down with all available means.
They exposed all their firing positions. And yesterday the 10th Brigade worked very hard," said Vitaliy Barabash, head of the Avdiivka CMA.

Liljagare

There are numerous reports that Ukraine forces have taken Opytne and are now fighting on the outskirts of Donetsk airport. That would be a significant win placing basically within the city limits of Donetsk itself. There were also reports of friendly fire upon withdrawal.

Last edited:

Liljagare

Ukraine regains control of key 'Boyko Towers', occupied since 2015 - Ukraine’s Intelligence Service.​

Ukrainian company spends $2.7 million on assembling fleet of electronic-warfare resistant drones for military.​

Rheinmetall has supplied Ukraine with a mobile fieldhospital.​

Just one year ago, in September 2022, the German ministry of defence awarded Group subsidiary Rheinmetall Mobile Systeme GmbH the contract for the hospital and related training support.​

Last edited:

Who here is fucking Bri ish, what kind of absolutely lame ass shit is this?!

"An Englishman's home is his castle" is a phrase some idiots take literally, and regardless of what was there when they bought it, they will demand anything they dislike be ceased and any essential infrastructure (which will be complained about if absent) be built in someone else's back yard. Consequences are something that are beyond comprehension, never their fault and definetly should be paid for by someone else.

There is a reason the country is creeping towards a failed state.

supernova8

Banned
Brits gonna Brit.
I guess if you lived there before the base was even built then you'd have a valid reason to complain. Imagine if you bought a home for whatever price back in the day and then an army base gets built and immediately slashes the value of your home so that even if you tried to sell it, you'd get so little that you couldn't live in a nice place elsewhere.

BlackTron

I looked this guy up and he seems exactly what he presents himself as here? A troll who gets attention through tiktok-grade shock videos? Like he knew exactly what he was doing and couldn't wait to post this clip of himself being an idiot because he knows the shock value is what sells. I just wanted to know why he was even talking to Blinken on CNN in the first place but seems it will be his last chance. He is a "self described artist and producer" lol, no one of consequence

Nikodemos

There are also claims on Twitter that the Starlink connection went down temporarily around the time of said Ukrainian attack (possibly to stop Ukraine hitting them even more? unconfirmed of course)
I've seen a pic of Starlink service which "coincidentally" went down around the time of the port strikes.

Looks like Ukraine may have managed to hit a naval dock in Sevastopol (possibly hitting a ship or submarine directly).

There are also claims on Twitter that the Starlink connection went down temporarily around the time of said Ukrainian attack (possibly to stop Ukraine hitting them even more? unconfirmed of course)
Damn, total nuclear wair again. I just finished cleaning up from the last one from when Ukraine attacked Holy Sevastopol.

supernova8

Banned
Damn, total nuclear wair again. I just finished cleaning up from the last one from when Ukraine attacked Holy Sevastopol.
Lost count of how many times Russia (or rather, Medvedev) has threatened nuclear war.

Maybe there's no Russian translation for "the boy who cried wolf"

winjer

Gold Member
Not entirely. There was a short period in the early-90s when it almost became fully democratic. Roman Abalin, the Russian Youtuber known as NFKRZ, has some videos about it, and how Yeltzin confiscated the country (eventually setting the stage for his successor to become Alibaba Stalin).

That was a small mistake in their history, that the military and KGB soon corrected.

Nikodemos

Oh, and regarding the Council of Europe, it's independent from the EU. It's basically Europe's UN (so non-EU countries like UK, Norway, Serbia, Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Switzerland are members).
Unlike the UN, it can expel members (Russia was thrown out last year).

Nikodemos

…along with the willing complicity of the populace, let’s not forget.
There were about as many people supporting the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet as there were people supporting Yeltzin's putsch. What tipped the scales was the army's support. When lots of big guns get pointed around, dissenters fall silent.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

There were about as many people supporting the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet as there were people supporting Yeltzin's putsch. What tipped the scales was the army's support. When lots of big guns get pointed around, dissenters fall silent.

Please. They fucking ran into his open arms in 2000.

FunkMiller

Russia now getting friendly with failed, pathetic state North Korea shows just how far Putin has dragged his country down. He used to negotiate with major nations… now he’s doing it with the one who can’t keep the lights on at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom