• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tams

Who here is fucking Bri ish, what kind of absolutely lame ass shit is this?!

We are a small country with lots of NIMBYs.

Even our countryside is a stone's throw from some form of settlement, and a fair number of people who live in the countryside are quite well off.

Tams

I guess if you lived there before the base was even built then you'd have a valid reason to complain. Imagine if you bought a home for whatever price back in the day and then an army base gets built and immediately slashes the value of your home so that even if you tried to sell it, you'd get so little that you couldn't live in a nice place elsewhere.

Pretty much no one alive now in the UK has bought property that has subsequently had a military base built next to it.

We had a glut of bases from WWII, so there's only been a decline in them. As far as I know, no new bases (on new land) have been built or expanded. The MoD already has plenty of land.

And as far as I know, few major changes in use of military bases have happened. And when they have, it's been to something more benign like accomodation.

The only thing that will have changed are the frequency and intensity of training. And honestly, I have no sympathy for people complaining about long existing military bases being used as intended.

FunkMiller

Pretty much no one alive now in the UK has bought property that has subsequently had a military base built next to it.

We had a glut of bases from WWII, so there's only been a decline in them. As far as I know, no new bases (on new land) have been built or expanded. The MoD already has plenty of land.

And as far as I know, few major changes in use of military bases have happened. And when they have, it's been to something more benign like accomodation.

The only thing that will have changed are the frequency and intensity of training. And honestly, I have no sympathy for people complaining about long existing military bases being used as intended.

The absolute worst people in the UK are the hordes of middle class, well off 60+ wankers, who have had it easy their entire lives, and live in leafy, privileged towns and villages. Tory voting, NIMBY cunts the lot of them.

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

supernova8

Banned
The absolute worst people in the UK are the hordes of middle class, well off 60+ wankers, who have had it easy their entire lives, and live in leafy, privileged towns and villages. Tory voting, NIMBY cunts the lot of them.
Using "Tory voting" as some sort of derogatory remark is precisely why I would never vote Labour or Lib Dem. It's also the same reason why Leave won the Brexit vote.

People somehow never learn that attacking others for voting a particular way almost never results in their side getting more votes.

Last edited:

Liljagare

Ukraine launches missile attack on Crimea​

Ukraine says it hit Russian naval targets in attack on Crimea​

Sevastopol forum confirm Kilo-class submarine destroyed​

According to Ukrainian sources, it was the Rostov Na Donu, one of the newer improved Kilo-class and Kalibr missile launching ones (commissioned in 2014). And that it was destroyed. 250-300 million went up in smoke!? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Can't wait for todays satellite images.. :messenger_winking_tongue: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Using "Tory voting" as some sort of derogatory remark is precisely why I would never vote Labour or Lib Dem. It's also the same reason why Leave won the Brexit vote.

People somehow never learn that attacking others for voting a particular way almost never results in their side getting more votes.

I've voted Conservative multiple times in the past. And Labour. But NIMBYs all vote conservative. Clue's in the name, sport.

FunkMiller

Cruise missile attacks on Russian held sea port Sevastopol is a nice step up in operations.

I guess Putin will be launching the nukes any moment now, given that one of his most important naval docks has been attacked using western long range missiles?

Liljagare

Some dots connected by @general_ben Hodges. Hadn't considered this, taking the gas drilling platforms turned into military bases was a precursor to the raid on Sevastopol last night.

It's almost like the Ukrainians planned it that way…a SOF raid to destroy radar, then a sophisticated strike on Sevastopol…
This counter-offensive is much more than a ground assault… It's a multi-domain operation.

FunkMiller

Fingers crossed this marks a big escalation in Ukraine's counter offensive. We now have confirmed cruise missile use, launched from Ukrainian aviation, targeting major Russian held military installations.

FeralEcho

Who here is fucking Bri ish, what kind of absolutely lame ass shit is this?!

What the fuck is next? Moving next to the airport and asking the airline to just delay the flights whenever they don't like the noise? Why give these fucking morons any right to have a say on anything regarding a MILITARY BASE they CHOSE to live next to....

You made your bed,now sleep in it....What a bunch of fucking losers.

Read on BBC a British citizen fighting for Ukraine body has been found on water with his hands tied behind his back..

So Russians executing foreign fighters now, saves the trouble of safe return..

Wish the UK government would stick up for it's citizens and get directly involved.
On the bbc so it must be true?....Wish the uk government would stop wasting money on the ukraines, stop the fucking 3rd world coming in and fix the nhs, roads, schools, housing....fuck ukraine, fuck the 3rd world gimmigrants in our hotels and fuck foreign aid.

Last edited:

ThisIsMyDog

On the bbc so it must be true?....Wish the uk government would stop wasting money on the ukraines, stop the fucking 3rd world coming in and fix the nhs, roads, schools, housing....fuck ukraine, fuck the 3rd world gimmigrants in our hotels and fuck foreign aid.
Yes because help to Ukraine is what prevents uk government fixing problems at home, world power UK cant fix its problem because of third world Ukraine.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Around here we like to let people have their own opinions, but I don't think "fuck people fighting for their lives and to keep bad guys from living in my house because I want my roads fixed" is one of them.

winjer

Gold Member

None of the issues the UK currently has, stems from helping Ukraine.

If you weren't so ignorant about the world, your own country and your own language, you would have realized this along time ago.

FunkMiller

The irony here is you're probably exactly the kind of cunt that costs the tax payer more money than anyone else.

I see a lot of fuckers whining about the poor, the foreigners, and everybody else - while taking cash in hand jobs, squeezing out tons of babies, claiming benefits, getting shitfaced and taking up the police's and the NHS's time, littering, causing anti-social behaviour... the list goes on and on.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Fingers crossed this marks a big escalation in Ukraine's counter offensive. We now have confirmed cruise missile use, launched from Ukrainian aviation, targeting major Russian held military installations.

I mean, truth be told unless weather is extremely uncharacteristic Ukraine has like 4 weeks of counter offensive until the rains turn the country into a muddy hell.

Tams

Web Series Sleep GIF by TELUS STORYHIVE

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
How'd you get through the door? You clearly shouldn't be able to operate a handle with that level of intelligence

FunkMiller

I mean, truth be told unless weather is extremely uncharacteristic Ukraine has like 4 weeks of counter offensive until the rains turn the country into a muddy hell.

You *could* make a decent argument that they are timing a big push so that the bad weather hits right after they've done it. That stops Russia from attacking back as they all get bogged down.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
You *could* make a decent argument that they are timing a big push so that the bad weather hits right after they've done it. That stops Russia from attacking back as they all get bogged down.

Could be.

I just hope they get close enough to Tokamk so it can't function as a transport hub for the orcs.

Nice. Racist, ableist, homophobic and a console warrior. I assume you have an Asshole bingo card you're trying to fill out?

Funny thing is, the NHS is propped up by those "3rd world" immigrants, and I hate to point it out to you, it ain't English lads out there building roads, schools and houses lol

Calm the fuck down, dear. The UK is the sixth biggest economy on the planet, and the financial hub of the entire world. Brexit was a fucking idiotic cock up, but let's not go overboard.
I won't derail this with uk politics, but I was not referring to brexit (or the laundering skills of London) but the omnishambles / shorttermism in governance and general decline (not least in uk military capability). The embarrassing bailout in Afghanistan should have been a huge warning that we are too dependent on the USA to project capability abroad.

It is in our interests to have Ukraine successfully defend themselves, the inconvenience of noise for those who bought houses near to established military training grounds shouldn't tip the scales against the consequences of the alternatives.

We should be ensuring Ukrainians get the maximum training possible, be investing heavily in arms for them whilst getting our own forces re-equipt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom