• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
mJsmK29.jpg
Ooof yea, my country (US) can be pretty awful at times. We are 100% hypocrites in this situation, but what is happening in Ukraine is still wrong. Again, hate the government, not the people. I think the US was just recently bombing Somalia a couple days ago again too? 😑

Listen, I'm rooting for Ukraine, but the amount of propaganda basically makes it impossible to follow the events. There's no "Ghost of Kyiv" and I doubt they took out 56 tanks in one incident. You read social media right now and you'd think Ukraine is about to finish them off. Unfortunately, you have to take it with a grain of salt.

MrMephistoX

Listen, I'm rooting for Ukraine, but the amount of propaganda basically makes it impossible to follow the events. There's no "Ghost of Kyiv" and I doubt they took out 56 tanks in one incident. You read social media right now and you'd think Ukraine is about to finish them off. Unfortunately, you have to take it with a grain of salt.
Have to admit the Arma 3 footage has had me laughing my ass off. It doesn’t even look as good as Battlefield 2041 yet people like my parents were eating it up.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
The ghost thing is obviously a meme, but the Chechen tank thing has been widely reported on and confirmed by outlets outside of Ukraine. You can argue over the exact numbers, but there is no denying that the Ukranians took it to the so called special forces that were brought in by Putin. Those sacks of murderous shit finally came up against real soldiers and found themselves lacking. Suddenly they didn't want to fight anymore. It's hard to bully and strongarm special forces compared to civilian soldiers. Those bastards got what they deserved.

Argue and haggle over exact numbers if you really wanna be that guy, but Ukraine is doing what no one expected them to. They are surviving and they are fighting against everything that Russia is sending their way.

The ghost thing is obviously a meme, but the Chechen tank thing has been widely reported on and confirmed by outlets outside of Ukraine. You can argue over the exact numbers, but there is no denying that the Ukranians took it to the so called special forces that were brought in by Putin. Those sacks of murderous shit finally came up against real soldiers and found themselves lacking. Suddenly they didn't want to fight anymore. It's hard to bully and strongarm special forces compared to civilian soldiers. Those bastards got what they deserved.

Argue and haggle over exact numbers if you really wanna be that guy, but Ukraine is doing what no one expected them to. They are surviving and they are fighting against everything that Russia is sending their way.

I don't really see that. When I google 56 tanks I get a Forbes article about them destroying 56 tanks of fuel.

Last edited:

Sega Orphan

Banned
Then why are his soldiers running over civilians with tanks and shooting rockets into neighborhoods from jets?
That was a Ukrainian tank. The rocket hitting the tower block would have been a mistake. There's no strategic value in doing that and you just wasted a couple of million dollar cruise missile on nothing to help you militarily.
Say what you will about the Russians but they are very strategic. It's why they are the best chess players in the world.

Sega Orphan

Banned
This is hard to watch as a human and dog lover…fuck Putin.

I would bet that is fake. Propaganda is rampant. I don't want to come across as a.Putin apologist because I think he was stupid for doing this and it will result in people dying and suffering, but why would the Russians do this? What benefit do they get? They are a professional army and aren't on a blood-lust against someone they hate. Most Russians and Ukrainian people view each other as cousins. There isn't a level of hate between them like there is for say Serbs and Croatians etc.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Ooof yea, my country (US) can be pretty awful at times. We are 100% hypocrites in this situation, but what is happening in Ukraine is still wrong. Again, hate the government, not the people. I think the US was just recently bombing Somalia a couple days ago again too? 😑
The US has enough past sins to atone for, but wanton imperialist warmongering should be condemned no matter who it is. I hope the the anti-war effort in Russia has better luck than the one in the USA.

boo

Gold Member
As long as there are people in power in Russia that remember the expansive territory of the Soviet Union they will think, would it not be nice if we had that expansive territory but called it Russia. That is Putins wet dream. I believe that he is the last of this generation that are willing to put the world at risk for this idea. Once a new generation of politicians are in power in Russia, that dream will end.

The world must to keep Putin under control until Putin is out of power, but without him feeling so cornered that he will push the button and start WW3.

I sometimes hear about people that say that if they had a time machine, they would change history by going back in time to kill Adolf Hitler. Well, in this case you don’t need a time machine.

Sega Orphan

Banned
Bull. Fucking. Shit. You really wanna say that a Ukrainian squad would do this to it's own people?

Are you fucking stupid?
Leave the name calling and emotion out of it.
The Russian tanks have been painted with a big white Z on them.
The tank doesn't have it, and therefore not Russian.
Why it happened, who knows.

bYwmev0.png
bYwmev0.png

"
Defense officials have not said publicly what the markings could mean. It is also worth noting that the letter “Z” does not exist in the Russian alphabet, so perhaps the symbol is a version of the Cyrillic letter “I.”

Defense experts believe could be a way for Russian forces to distinguish their troops from the Ukrainians. Both sides use very similar military equipment and in the smoke of battle, a Russian T-72 main battle tank may look a lot like a Ukrainian T-80 through long-range sights."

Atrus

Gold Member
I would bet that is fake. Propaganda is rampant. I don't want to come across as a.Putin apologist because I think he was stupid for doing this and it will result in people dying and suffering, but why would the Russians do this? What benefit do they get? They are a professional army and aren't on a blood-lust against someone they hate. Most Russians and Ukrainian people view each other as cousins. There isn't a level of hate between them like there is for say Serbs and Croatians etc.

I would point out that the “professional” Russians are also sending loyalist Chechen’s to fight for them.

Aside from that, Russia also has internal problems with stray dogs which result in shooting them.

Now guess what the stray dog problem in Chechnya is like?

Hiring violent militants to break into their house and murder their family is also an odd way to treat people as ‘cousins’.

Jsisto

I know we are all deeply interested in this and looking for new developments constantly, but the amount of true disinformation coming out is staggering. Ironically, most of it seems to be slanted heavily pro Ukranian, which….I get, they need all the morale they can get. But we should take everything with a grain of salt. If it seems far fetched, it probably is.

Mistake

I know we are all deeply interested in this and looking for new developments constantly, but the amount of true disinformation coming out is staggering. Ironically, most of it seems to be slanted heavily pro Ukranian, which….I get, they need all the morale they can get. But we should take everything with a grain of salt. If it seems far fetched, it probably is.
I’m much more interested in the history of what got to this point, rather than twitter news. I learned a couple things in this video by Jimmy Dore, such as how some treaties were even dissolved under the previous US administration, despite all the talks of it being pro Russia

Last edited:

Jsisto

I’m much more interested in the history of what got to this point, rather than twitter news. I learned a couple things in this video by Jimmy Dore, such as how some treaties were even dissolved under the previous US administration, despite all the talks of it being pro Russia
Be careful. Wanting to simply learn about the full context of history makes you Putins personal ball washer to some people around here,

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Some random dude from Ukraine DM'd Tim Dillon's producer Ben on social media and Tim Dillon got him on the show it was really cool. He's a comedian and he said right now he's just trying to get weapons for him and his friends and family and he said right now if you're Ukrainian and you don't have a weapon "you are fucking no one"

Last edited:

Sega Orphan

Banned
Yeah I'm reading the comments section could very well be an unfortunate accident.
Yeah who knows what happened. Might have slipped off the pedal. Could be a new volunteer driving it. At least the old man got out of it ok. You would have thought he was no chance watching the video.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Leave the name calling and emotion out of it.
The Russian tanks have been painted with a big white Z on them.
The tank doesn't have it, and therefore not Russian.
Why it happened, who knows.

bYwmev0.png
bYwmev0.png

"
Defense officials have not said publicly what the markings could mean. It is also worth noting that the letter “Z” does not exist in the Russian alphabet, so perhaps the symbol is a version of the Cyrillic letter “I.”

Defense experts believe could be a way for Russian forces to distinguish their troops from the Ukrainians. Both sides use very similar military equipment and in the smoke of battle, a Russian T-72 main battle tank may look a lot like a Ukrainian T-80 through long-range sights."
Hey if you wanna carry water for the Russians running people over then go ahead.

I won't stop you.

Last edited:
That was a Ukrainian tank. The rocket hitting the tower block would have been a mistake. There's no strategic value in doing that and you just wasted a couple of million dollar cruise missile on nothing to help you militarily.
Say what you will about the Russians but they are very strategic. It's why they are the best chess players in the world.
nothing but lies and russian apologists detected in this post.

It is clear what side your on and it's sad if not just pathetic. Putin has taken over your mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom