• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

chromhound

Gold Member
Where are they going with those... Out of vehicles ?
p5qgICS.png

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
My work just emailed be to say. That do to the instability in Ukraine they want us to remain vigilant in Cyber security. I work in a small town in the United States. Putin wants my emails I guess.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Awww shit...

Air supriority would put a swift end to the threat of Russia. But does Ukraine have the pilots and airfields to run the planes at the moment? let alone safe pathways to receive the planes? I hope they do, even if it's some strip far behind the lines in a smaller town, it could make a huge difference.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Blow up the trucks in the front and the rear first, then have your shooting gallery on everything in between. Poor bastards. I’m gonna make cookies with my kid in a bit from the comfort of my warm home. Fuck Putin for doing this.

Vestal

Its that damn Nexta Twitter account... I am on a sodium over load due to all of their tweets being shared here and everywhere else..

Take anything from them with an IV of Sodium.

It’s hard to keep perspective on all this. But we should try. Russia has something like between 100,000 and 200,000 troops in Ukraine supposedly. Ukraine is the size of Texas. You can fit 100,000 people in a football stadium. So when we see isolated things like tweets or short clips, you never want to draw large conclusions from it. It’s a snapshot. It may mean nothing. The only way to draw an kind of even remotely relevant information is to pull back far enough to see the larger picture. Things like troop movement and captured territory. Or repelled forces and retreats. Those kind of things give you a sense of the direction things are moving.

A ruined truck here or an explosion there is one pin point. It’s not enough to get any feeling about the larger situation on the ground. Try not to get caught up in any individual thing you are seeing online right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom