• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droxcy

Wild times. A year in which I'm moving to UK & the EU I had hopes of visiting chernobyl within the first few weeks of me being out there. Sad that's change hopefully the innocent stay safe. A lot of flights out of Ramstein AFB & Air Refueling happening over Romania again today as well. Also US drone was over Black Sea all day yesterday probably subs etc in that area if Putin deploys missiles it's gonna get scary.

Last edited:

Romulus

I wonder if they could rearrange all these destroyed vehicles and use them as barricades/ambush points on main and side routes into the cities? Even rig them with explosives maybe once the Russians push through

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I wonder if they could rearrange all these destroyed vehicles and use them as barricades/ambush points on main and side routes into the cities? Even rig them with explosives maybe once the Russians push through

Obviously this is fake propaganda from 2014. Beep Bop Boop.

speckz

Stitch

Gold Member

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

I want to believe those kinds of Twitter posts are parody. I want to believe.

What do you expect in a country where a lot of people don't trust news or the government? It's really the fault of the news media. If they were known for their honesty, accuracy, and integrity, people might think that when they watch the news they might learn something and not have to come up with complicated explanations for what they see happening.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm curious to see what the market effects are going to be on Russia's economy, currency, and banking system come Monday. Then we can get a better idea if these sanctions are toothless or effective. I feel like it's not looking good for Russia, but they're just feelings and I need some actual data to determine if it's confirmation bias.

LordCBH

I'm curious to see what the market effects are going to be on Russia's economy, currency, and banking system come Monday. Then we can get a better idea if these sanctions are toothless or effective. I feel like it's not looking good for Russia, but they're just feelings and I need some actual data to determine if it's confirmation bias.

My general feelings are they’re toothless. The most effective thing would be to stop buying Russian natural gas and oil. I know European nations likely can’t, but USA certainly could.

sinnergy

My general feelings are they’re toothless. The most effective thing would be to stop buying Russian natural gas and oil. I know European nations likely can’t, but USA certainly could.
We the Dutch have natural gas, but we stopped pumping years ago because of earthquake danger it brings with it … it time to start and supply our neighboring countries , so they can cut out Russian gas.

Thaedolus

Uhh, have you missed what’s happened to the ruble and banning of the vast majority of SWIFT transactions? Banning of Russian flights over the EU, Canada, etc.? Major shipping companies refusing to operate in Russia?

One analysis I saw was “these are designed to get someone to put a bullet in Putin’s head.” Russia is getting cut off from the world one piece at a time. It’s unprecedented since the fall of the USSR. Toothless isn’t the word I’d use if I were a Russian preparing to feel the pain. Revolution? Da.

Last edited:

QSD

We the Dutch have natural gas, but we stopped pumping years ago because of earthquake danger it brings with it … it time to start and supply our neighboring countries , so they can cut out Russian gas.

I agree but yeah I don't live in Groningen. 'They're not going to be happy' is probably the understatement of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom