• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberpunkd

Hungary still siding with their buddy Putin, guess who is not getting any money from Covid recovery fund?

Unfortunately Polish government is playing this beautifully so they will probably get the money despite being PoS as well.

chromhound

Gold Member
RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY SAYS GERMANY'S DECISION TO SUPPLY UKRAINE WITH LETHAL WEAPONS IS 'OUTRAGEOUS'

bunch of hypocrites lol

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
2 minutes in: “they don’t want to harm civilians”

well a bit late for that now, whatever you think this guy “gets” he has lost

You see an apartment building hit by a missile and get outraged thinking that it was deliberately targeted. What you fail to understand is that a mile away is a military airport that was the intended target.

This guy gets it because he understands that Russia doesn’t want to destroy Ukraine. They want to capture it. Of course there will be civilian casualties, it’s a war.

He gets it because he understands that all Russians need to do is surround major cities and wait. They don’t need to destroy infrastructure or disconnect internet.

The second part of the video I don’t know because I didn’t watched it.

akimbo009

Gold Member
You see an apartment building hit by a missile and get outraged thinking that it was deliberately targeted. What you fail to understand is that a mile away is a military airport that was the intended target.

This guy gets it because he understands that Russia doesn’t want to destroy Ukraine. They want to capture it. Of course there will be civilian casualties, it’s a war.

He gets it because he understands that all Russians need to do is surround major cities and wait. They don’t need to destroy infrastructure or disconnect internet.

I only beat you because I love you.

Nice.

kharkov was “deliberately targeted” or was that just, to your and his shrugged shoulders (even though he doesn’t mention it), collateral damage?

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Why does everything get called a tank by people on twitter? Its setting my Autism off, I mean this one isent even tracked.

Its a Russian BTR-80 which is an amphibious APC, a nice piece of kit to get your hands on and seems to be equipped by a turret mounted 14.5 mm KPVT heavy machine gun in this case.

The thing is though once your driving this thing how are Ukrainians going to know that a Ukrainians in it? would paint over any Z's with Blue and yellow so people can tell at a glance what side your on... at least then it will be a Russian round that pops you.

2011_Moscow_Victory_Day_Parade_%28360-06%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
kharkov was “deliberately targeted” or was that just, to your and his shrugged shoulders (even though he doesn’t mention it), collateral damage?

I don't know, I wasn't there. All I know is that if Russia wanted to destroy Ukraine they would do it in a day. They didn't so they must have a different plan.

Fare thee well

Neophyte

I'm sure there is more history to drown the earth for all time when it comes to the mechanisms for the buildup of war. But if we keep living in the past of blame and mistakes, we will never be bold enough to say: no agression is tolerable ever, no war is tolerable ever.

At the end of the day one man is responsible for pulling the trigger on soldiers' deaths, civilian deaths, and the displacement of 400,000+ refugees; no matter how much justification or goading he received.

And I hope this is the new wordly reaction for ALL superpowers starting invasions.

I don't know, I wasn't there. All I know is that if Russia wanted to destroy Ukraine they would do it in a day. They didn't so they must have a different plan.

so when a military target is hit its deliberately targeted but a civilian area and you’re suddenly sloped shouldered ”gee I don’t know I wasn’t there”, well it’s irrelevant anyway because I’m not talking about destroying Ukraine but specifically about what the guy said about harming civilians

akimbo009

Gold Member

They have no plan. You know that right? This whole "take a country over by force" shit is relegated to the stone age - which is exactly where Russia's economy now resides.

What are they doing to do? Install a puppet state and call it done? Please. They came in to kill people, and guess what, they are killing people. That's been plan since day 1, and remains.

Your ambivalence to killing civilians as an accidental intention to a greater plan is pretty shallow.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
No, there is a reason why Ukraine is not in NATO, the leadership is shady and untrustworthy, you need to be a somewhat stable nation to be in NATO.
That and NATO entry would aggravate Russia. And NATO doesn't want to aggravate Russia, they want to deter Russian aggression. At this point though, Russia is pretty agitated.

Thaedolus

A self own for the history books. There’s no victory scenario where Russia comes out ahead. They’ll be bankrupt and fighting an insurgency if/when Ukraine falls. But maybe they’ll put up a statue of Putin (for a while).

chromhound

Gold Member

A self own for the history books. There’s no victory scenario where Russia comes out ahead. They’ll be bankrupt and fighting an insurgency if/when Ukraine falls. But maybe they’ll put up a statue of Putin (for a while).

and his soldiers will not fight for free

Everyone ITT holy shitting themselves at the "Ukrainian Tiktok" video needs a reality check.
You have the fucking username in the video.
It's Nastya Tyman from Vladivostok, an influencer focusing on cool vehicles and mechanics.
I know you can't read slav runes and every slavic language sounds the same to you but Jesus Christ...

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
so when a military target is hit its deliberately targeted but a civilian area and you’re suddenly sloped shouldered ”gee I don’t know I wasn’t there”, well it’s irrelevant anyway because I’m not talking about destroying Ukraine but specifically about what the guy said about harming civilians

How do you know that there was no military presence there? From Twitter?

Of course Russia would like to capture Ukraine with as few civilian causalities as possible. They need people to support their future puppet government that they want to install in Kiev. What they didn't expect is such a heavy resistance from Ukrainians.

Your ambivalence to killing civilians as an accidental intention to a greater plan is pretty shallow.

Shallow? Maybe. You will never understand what's going on if you think with your heart and not your brain.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Everyone ITT holy shitting themselves at the "Ukrainian Tiktok" video needs a reality check.
It's Nastya Tyman from Vladivostok, an influencer focusing on cool vehicles and mechanics.
I know you can't read slav runes and every slavic language sounds the same to you but Jesus Christ...
Is she not posting the correct instructions for the correct vehicles?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
'Switzerland will forego "Swiss neutrality" and adopt the same sanctions as EU against Russia'

well then.... that's something you don't see often.
Looks like opportunities to shelter rich Russian money dried up, so they might as well join the party.

If any country or rich dude out there has some money to spend or hide, that's one mercenary country you can always count on to take you to a back alley deal.

If aliens from Mars attacked Earth, they'd figure out a way to exchange and hide Earth currency vs the Martian Buckeroo.

Last edited:
How do you know that there was no military presence there? From Twitter?

Of course Russia would like to capture Ukraine with as few civilian causalities as possible. They need people to support their future puppet government that they want to install in Kiev. What they didn't expect is such a heavy resistance from Ukrainians.

I never said there wasn’t any military presence. I was highlighting the disconnect between what you claim to know and what you don’t. But as I said it’s immaterial because if Russia wanted as few civilian casualties as possible then either they a) are doing a terrible job at it, and/or b) their definition of “few as possible” is very elastic.

It's interesting observable phenomenon of people everywhere online [not just gaf] to believe anything whatever even remotely makes them feel better for the moment regardless if it's obvious fake when you give just two seonds of thought on it.

Bluntman

Hungary still siding with their buddy Putin, guess who is not getting any money from Covid recovery fund?

Unfortunately Polish government is playing this beautifully so they will probably get the money despite being PoS as well.

The overwhelming majority of the Hungarian people don't support getting dragged into this war or putting any of our ppl in harms way. That's why won't let through weapon shipments on land, it's too much of a security risk. We let through and give any other help.

Also the SAC using our NATO airfield to lift weapons and equipment to Ukraine.

You see the flag on the back of the plane right? That's the Hungarian flag.

20220226cbn0012.jpg

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
They're holding off Russia for crying out loud.

Let them in, they would be a worthy ally.
Ukraine is just as shady as russia, it's not fighting spirit that gets you into NATO, is having a stable well-running nation that you can rely on to not start wars and take care of its people. Ukraine is in a transitioning period, or at least, was before the war.

Thing is, Ukraine, for a lot of russian speaking people, is considered russia, even for a large percentage of the people living there.

Sakura

Not to mention the video is a year old.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I never said there wasn’t any military presence. I was highlighting the disconnect between what you claim to know and what you don’t. But as I said it’s immaterial because if Russia wanted as few civilian casualties as possible then either they a) are doing a terrible job at it, and/or b) their definition of “few as possible” is very elastic.

We don't know what (and why) exactly happened in Kharkiv because it happened few hours ago. It's too early to tell.

What's few to you is not few to the elites that rule this world. 10.7 out of every 10,000 Iraqi civilians were killed in war with USA in 2006. To put it into perspective that's an entire city of Brixton gone. When this is over we will see how "well" Russia did.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Vladivostok
Cool vehicles

She’s Russian but I will let this slide.

approved GIF

We don't know what (and why) exactly happened in Kharkiv because it happened few hours ago. It's too early to tell.

What's few to you is not few to the elites that rule this world. 10.7 out of every 10,000 Iraqis were killed in war with USA in 2006. To put it into perspective that's an entire city of Brixton gone. When this is over we will see how "well" Russia did.

why, again, is irrelevant to the original point…so we are stuck in the phase of whether you believe the civilian death reports from Ukraine’s interior ministry or not

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
I am interested in seeing the propoganda/updates, but only time will tell us the truth of anything. I don't think anyone is acting like they 100% know, how could they? But the propoganda is also part of the defense and the deterrent. Morale is huge in a defense like this. Tbh, if it gets people through the suffering, I'm actually for it. But dw we're not as stupid or gullible as you all pointing out 'propaganda propaganda' might think. Russia hasn't placated millions of people for hundreds of years with autocracy without knowing how they accomplished it.

Im in favor of demoralization if it helps and shortens the war. Right now this fight being drawn out is weakening the ground of the oppressor.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

How about this one?

Mr. Half Way Around The World Brazil pres against sanctions because he needs Russian fertilizer. Who the hell knew Russia is only place on Earth you buy fertilizer for crops.

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60553124?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

A Ukrainian sailor has admitted trying to sink a yacht owned by the head of a Russian state arms firm, in retaliation for the invasion of Ukraine.
The 48m (157ft) Lady Anastasia, which belongs to Rosoboronexport director general Alexander Mikheev, was docked in Majorca in Spain when the mechanic opened valves in its engine room.
He was arrested by Civil Guard officers on Saturday and later released on bail.
He told a judge that he regretted nothing and would do it again.
The man said he tried to scuttle Mr Mikheev's yacht after watching news reports from Ukraine on the television,
"There was a video of a helicopter attack on a building in Kyiv," he was quoted as saying by local media.
"They were attacking innocents."
On Saturday, a high-rise apartment building near Kyiv's Zhuliany airport was hit by a missile, leaving a hole covering at least five floors.
There was no immediate comment from Mr Mikheev or Rosoboronexport, which exports Russian defence products, including tanks, fighting vehicles, aircraft, ships, weapons and ammunition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom