• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Phreaker

Anerythristic said:
I am confused as hell, which version has local "2 guys in the same room" co op?

Both have offline 2 player co-op (same screen), but you can only go online with two players on one console on the 360 version. Both support 4 players online.

bjaelke

They both offer local co-op, but only the Xbox 360 version offers online co-op with two local players. Both versions have 4 player online - only difference is that the Xbox 360 can have 2 people playing on the same machine while doing it :)
Phreaker said:
I know, but there are so few reviews.

VGBlogger: http://www.vgblogger.com/?p=4714
They should all do it like this. Update their review as they progress in the game. Just accept that they can't finish a RPG of this size in few days (or hours).

vilmer_

I will be supporting Ascaron, as well as the hack 'n slash genre on consoles by purchasing both the PS3 and 360 version!

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
dgenx said:
Too Human has better interface than this game? that worries me :S

Interface for Sacred 2 is fine unless they did some changing for the console versions.

Edit: ahhh they did.

It looks like they limited the console versions to 3 moves up at any time? That kinda sucks.

Concept17

Garryk said:
Is it split-screen or shared screen? Because sharing was god awful in Fable 2.

Quite certain its shared. But this is a hack-n-slash. Perspective is more above than Fable's behind view. I would imagine it'll be more like the Dungeon Siege game on ps2, which worked wonderfully.

This is due out tommorrow so who else is playing grabbing this? I've got a full friends list right now but need to do some spring cleaning and would love to add some fellow Sacred 2 players on my list. slasherjpc is my tag.

Xenon

So is anyone going to try and get this?

Reserve Sacred 2: Fallen Angel and receive a special code to unlock the GameStop Exclusive Carrier Imp, an in-game "pet" that provides extra inventory storage for players. The Carrier Imp can be summoned by the player whenever needed to store excess loot and equipment, and deliver items to the player. Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.

It seems like it would be a great little time saver.

bjaelke

It is easy to teleport to a town (and between them), but yeah the Imp it worth getting. And you might want to switch weapon during a quest/dungeon raid to get another bonus :)

Me and some friends ordered the PS3 version off Amazon, is there any word on the PS3 version yet?

It looked good and seemed to run fine in the gameplay videos, but confirmation would be nice.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Phreaker said:
The only thing I've seen on this from Ascaron was here (their official 360 forum hosted at Teamxbox) : http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=617719

At first she said no, then it seems that yes it is region locked on 360.

She's talking about players with PAL Euro 360s playing the North American NTSC version. I want to know if it will work on an NTSC Japan/Asia 360.

Don't know if I'm going to bother importing it if not, though. Will either go with the game on PS3 or skip it, wait until I get a new PC, and buy the PC version.

Mamesj said:
just wonder how the performance will be on consoles. the PC demo was not so hot and I'm skeptical of the port.

I thought the pc demo ran great on my rig. Then again, thats part of the problem with pc games, everyone has a different setup. Some working better then others.

Artadius

Gamestop said:
Reserve Sacred 2: Fallen Angel and receive a special code to unlock the GameStop Exclusive Carrier Imp, an in-game "pet" that provides extra inventory storage for players. The Carrier Imp can be summoned by the player whenever needed to store excess loot and equipment, and deliver items to the player. Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.

Is this going to be one of those things where its just a simple code that can be passed around and used for those of us who didn't use Gamestop? Anyone know? I ordered from Amazon but would still like to have the bonus.

Kauza

The week is finally here! It's almost hard to believe that it's actually getting released after all the delays.

Anyway, now that the thread's getting more traffic, just wanted to remind everyone that we have a matchup thread over in that section. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360597

I don't have a clue as to when I'll get my copy, but hopefully by the end of the week. Anyone can feel free to add me and join my games when I'm online.

Glad to hear that some more positive reviews are coming out. I really get that feeling that this is just one of those games that you'll love if you want to love it and dislike otherwise.

Concept17

sprocket said:
So anyone know if there are any differences between the 2 versions?

The only known thing atm is that the PS3 version does not support 2 players on one console going online together, but the 360 version does. They both of course still have 4p online co-op.

Concept17

Phreaker said:

The world of Ancaria is a sweeping, continuous landscape that stretches and stretches for what would be in-game miles. In 30 hours of gameplay, I was only able to explore 10% of the map - it's larger and more diverse than the maps of either Diablo or Oblivion. From treetop jungles, hilly plains, and fiery caverns, to blighted orc-lands, rocky isles, and futuristic temples, the environments are gorgeously crafted and look hand-designed, one model and texture at a time.

Likewise, the assets and level progression for grinding is well-planned and nearly as exorbitant, with plenty of loot and equipment abilities to organize and obtain. As you gain points to your standard attributes and learn combat arts through runes, you will also acquire skill points to distribute throughout a various set of specialized skills. Since you gain the most consistent and proportionally respectable amount of experience by killing enemies that are near your level, grinding will naturally lead you from one less difficult area to a more difficult one – and it’s admittedly addictive.

This is all I needed to hear. Plus the co-op.

mujun

Concept17 said:
The world of Ancaria is a sweeping, continuous landscape that stretches and stretches for what would be in-game miles. In 30 hours of gameplay, I was only able to explore 10% of the map - it's larger and more diverse than the maps of either Diablo or Oblivion. From treetop jungles, hilly plains, and fiery caverns, to blighted orc-lands, rocky isles, and futuristic temples, the environments are gorgeously crafted and look hand-designed, one model and texture at a time.

Likewise, the assets and level progression for grinding is well-planned and nearly as exorbitant, with plenty of loot and equipment abilities to organize and obtain. As you gain points to your standard attributes and learn combat arts through runes, you will also acquire skill points to distribute throughout a various set of specialized skills. Since you gain the most consistent and proportionally respectable amount of experience by killing enemies that are near your level, grinding will naturally lead you from one less difficult area to a more difficult one – and it’s admittedly addictive.

ooh yeah baby :)

mine should ship today or tomorrow... after that its just the long wait on a package from hong kong to japan.

GreekWolf

I apologize if this has already been asked numerous times, but I'm on the verge of picking this up and want to be assured that creatures/items remain static within the game, rather than scaling along with your level?

There's nothing finer than sneaking your low level character into an area where he doesn't belong, and somehow managing to get out alive with teh phat lewts. :D

Sacred II has level scaling. Not sure exactly how it works though.

*edit*
Found this description of the scaling:
Enemies scale slightly to your character, but are not entirely dependent on your character's level. Some areas are harder than others, and monsters have a range of levels they cannot exceed (or go below) and the exact level of the monsters you face will depend a little on your character's level. But once you exceed the monster levels, they "peak" or "cap," and can no longer give you a good fight even at their highest level. When you level past those areas, the mobs won't attack you unless you attack them.

GreekWolf

PuppetSlave said:
Sacred II has level scaling. Not sure exactly how it works though.

*edit*
Found this description of the scaling:
Thanks for the info. It sounds similar to the "locked" scaling from Fallout 3, with many enemies capped after you enter their sphere for the first time. I much prefer that method over the progressive scaling found in Oblivion, where every pip-squeak bandit was decked out in full Daedric after you hit a certain level.

Drek

GreekWolf said:
Thanks for the info. It sounds similar to the "locked" scaling from Fallout 3, with many enemies capped after you enter their sphere for the first time. I much prefer that method over the progressive scaling found in Oblivion, where every pip-squeak bandit was decked out in full Daedric after you hit a certain level.
Instead of region locked though it sounds like its basically monster type locked, where hte window the fluctuate in has been set for each individual monster type. Thats a very nice touch.

GreekWolf

Drek said:
Instead of region locked though it sounds like its basically monster type locked, where hte window the fluctuate in has been set for each individual monster type. Thats a very nice touch.
If they implement scaling based on archetype, then it might not even be noticeable as you gain levels. Sounds good to me.

edit: thanks for the info, Hammer. Can't wait to pick up my copy this week.

Hammer24

Banned
According to the Wiki, you have to do the corn circle quest, to get this...

AlienStats.jpg

AlienFix.jpg

Alien.jpg

Hammer24

Banned
GreekWolf said:
edit: thanks for the info, Hammer. Can't wait to pick up my copy this week.

You´re welcome. Updated the OP with some of the eastereggs the wiki mentions. (Can´t believe they put a From Dusk Till Dawn mayan temple/bar in there...:lol )

Kingpen

I think I'm going to blind buy this today, despite the lukewarm reviews so far. If it has tons of loot, thats all I really want. Been looking for something to scratch the itch of Champions of Norrath for me, and nothing this gen really has (not even Too Human)

PuMa

Kingpen said:
I think I'm going to blind buy this today, despite the lukewarm reviews so far. If it has tons of loot, thats all I really want. Been looking for something to scratch the itch of Champions of Norrath for me, and nothing this gen really has (not even Too Human)

Yeah, that's exactly why I'm getting it. I can handle some minor (hopefully) technical issues if it sates my inner lootwhore.

Has anyone had a chance to pick this up today? Been reading around, and it seems some stores actually had it in. Haven't heard much in terms of impressions yet though. I'm real curious to see how the PS3 version turned out.

Edit: Just called two Gamestops in my area (Connecticut), and both got the game in today. I'm picking it up after work and will post impressions later tonight.

GreekWolf

FWIW, impressions are rolling in over at TeamXbox from those who just picked up the console versions. Seems pretty favorable thus far -
http://forum.teamxbox.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152

360 version

Manton said:
Anyway, I'm at about 2 hours played now and have yet to have any major frame-rate issues, or any technical glitches or anything. The loading times are also not long or annoying at all. I have not installed it to the hard drive and don't plan on doing so. Unless there are some crazy issues later in the game, the technical problems seem blown out of proportion

Finalsolution said:
compared to the laptop i was playing on these graphics are far better, if you guys are worrying about this being two worlds, well its far from it.

Phreaker said:
Ok, maybe I've been playing too much Diablo 2 of late, but the opening area is beautiful!

The install to HDD on the 360 took like 5 min? I didn't time it, but I was anxious so it may have been less.

PS3 version
Lo-Pan said:
Sorry guys, wanted to test it out before posting. The game looks good to me. Screen tears when you're zoomed out and there's lots of transparent foliage, but it's not bad. Game has auto attack, hold X button, similar to WoW. The weapon/CA slots work well, so you have like 12 skills available at any time, and you can only really have 15 anyway, so....

The menu system is great IMO. If Diablo 3 came to consoles, I would hope it totally stole this. Grid inventory doesn't work on console, but their list system is perfect. You can always hit R1 for more detail on items in inventory, and everything in the menus. I've been playing for an hour I suppose, but I haven't even done the main quest. 3 side quests between the start point and the halfway point to the first main quest spot. I'm playing a High Elf and the cooldown timer on magic reminds me of WoW.

Trying to think of any technical/graphical issues and I haven't seen anything really. Textures pop in second later when you zone into town or a cave, that's all I've seen. In short, so far, I LOVE this game. The story is probably weak, but I will be questing and leveling and looting in this game for a long time. Combat is awesome, camera is awesome (nice and close if you want, great when you're fighting), and the music is awesome. Buy it if you're on the fence. Buy it.

Concept17

PuMa said:
Great to hear! Can't wait to dig into this.

Yes. Picking this up in a couple hours on 360. (was getting ps3 version till i heard about 2p on one console online lacking) Will post impressions tonight.

Artadius

Artadius said:
Urge to cancel Amazon order and pick up at local Gamestop rising...

I could not resist. Just picked up my copy and will dive in for a couple of hours tonight. I was also able to answer my previous question on the Gamestop preorder bonus. The Carrier Imp bonus is an xboxlive redemption code contained within the gamebox itself. So if you want this item, you will HAVE to get the game from Gamestop. The box is exactly the same except it has a red ribbon printed on the front of the box that says: "Gamestop Pre-Order Edition"

Top Bottom