• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Amir0x

Banned
I am a lootwhore. My PC is shitty though so I am forced to get this on 360. Is the 360 version shitty? Is it a good game?

Kauza

Artadius said:
Urge to cancel Amazon order and pick up at local Gamestop rising...

I'm seriously considering this if I don't get a shipping notification today, which is suddenly looking unlikely, as Amazon's page is saying that they won't have the game until the 14th.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Amir0x said:
I am a lootwhore. My PC is shitty though so I am forced to get this on 360. Is the 360 version shitty? Is it a good game?

You'll probably know tomorrow! The reviews make it sound like it suffers a little from the port. I don't remember the PC reviews calling it the greatest game either though, I think it did get patched up some.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Gave into temptation, got rid of Killzone 2, and picked up the 360 version. If anyone needs more confirmation besides VG Plus, I am playing the game on a Japanese 360 and it has no region protection.

The Gamestop Pre-Order Edition has an ugly red stripe across the front cover.

FrankT

Lyte Edge said:
Gave into temptation, got rid of Killzone 2, and picked up the 360 version. If anyone needs more confirmation besides VG Plus, I am playing the game on a Japanese 360 and it has no region protection.

How's the game running?

Lyte Edge

Jtyettis said:
How's the game running?

Just finished installing it to the HD. Pretty fast install time...

EDIT: No, it's not done installing. I just got a "can't read this disc. It may be dirty" error. :/ Never seen that before.

EDIT 2: Install attempt #3 now. The game boots up without installing, too. This is weird. I just cleaned the disc, but something tells me I'm going to be headed back to the store later.

EDIT 3: Nope! The game is running fine without the install, but I'm not keeping it like this. Don't know if the store had any other copies.

EDIT 4: Hmm...fourth time's a charm? It's halfway done this time!

EDIT 5: LOL, 57% this time! :lol Gonna see if I can make it to full install before 7pm.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
For those of you who like PC games on PC (jk!) Direct2Drive has a deal on it this week for $29.95. Far and away the best PC price I've seen.

Lyte Edge

dallow_bg said:
DRE doesn't bode too well.

Turned the system on and off, and tried installing again. No problem. Hope this doesn't mean the 360's about to go. This is system #4. :lol

Lyte Edge

Wow, is this game ever UGLY and the frame rate is kinda shoddy, but it seems pretty fun and a decent enough good Diablo-clone for the console. The pickings are pretty slim in this category as is.

You can get attacked when accessing the options, including DURING SAVES. Is the PC version like this? It's as if the developers wanted to make a game with a more annoying options/inventory selection than Resident Evil 5.

Lyte Edge

The code I got for the carrier imp isn't working.

Getting all kinds of signs here. :lol

Mamesj

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
Wow, is this game ever UGLY and the frame rate is kinda shoddy, but it seems pretty fun and a decent enough good Diablo-clone for the console. The pickings are pretty slim in this category as is.

You can get attacked when accessing the options, including DURING SAVES. Is the PC version like this? It's as if the developers wanted to make a game with a more annoying options/inventory selection than Resident Evil 5.

all i remember with the PC demo is the awful inventory system.

jeez, i hope this game is fine. all i ask for is a passable loot rpg with nothing too annoying about it (no horrible collision detection, decent menus, no extra long death screens, quick respawn after death) and I'd be happy.

Lyte Edge

From the support site:

Important Notice

Important notice for consumers who purchased Sacred 2 (Xbox 360) at GameStop

It has come to our attention that consumers who purchased the GameStop Pre-Order Edition of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel for the Xbox 360 have been unable to use the free code to unlock the Carrier Imp add-on. This is due to a technical issue with the downloadable content system, and we are working diligently with Microsoft to fix it ASAP. We can assure you that we will rectify the situation, and ask that you please do not discard the code you received, as you will need it once we resolve the situation.

Please note that this only affects GameStop customers who purchased the Special Edition of Sacred 2 for the Xbox 360, and does not affect the game itself.

We sincerely apologize for the situation, and any inconvenience it may cause, and we assure you, we are working to fix it immediately. Please do not discard your code.

We appreciate your business and thank you for preordering Sacred 2.

We apologize for any inconvenience you are experiencing with a game published by cdv Software Entertainment USA. We will work with you as efficiently as possible to help you get your game up and running.

sprocket

Banned
ok so ive read the 360 version has some frame rate issues. anyone with the ps3 who can confirm the same?

I really want this game on a console to play with friends but we need to know if one is better than the other first.

Kingpen

well I bought mine with craps table winnings, so I probably still will break the plastic on it... my expectations are low though (but I actually thought KUF COD was pretty good - and that got 4-6 scores everywhere).

Giard

Need more impressions!
I'm pretty interested by this one. I thought the graphics were supposed to be pretty good.

Phthisis

Kingpen said:
well I bought mine with craps table winnings, so I probably still will break the plastic on it... my expectations are low though (but I actually thought KUF COD was pretty good - and that got 4-6 scores everywhere).

:lol

You've been living on those for like 6 months. Let me know what you think of the game; I want to get it, but I have a feeling it's going to bomb, and if it has problems, definitely not going to pay a lot for it.

Kingpen

Dude, I made 1400 the past 3 days of doing that.... I am using a new betting technique and restraint I never have before!

I actually bought this today to 'keep' me away from there cause I know all good things come to an end

I've got buddies that love Texas Hold-em, and last night after I came back from winning, I actually bought a mini-replica craps table for my house (7 footer) :lol :lol :lol

I'm going to start hosting house games for low buy-in (something like 10 dollar per person tournaments).

My 360 has been gathering a little dust:D

I also wanted to buy this to support the Devs for making it. I felt bad their company is going under and they actually were the only ones with balls to make a game in a genre that is severly lacking this gen. 3.5 years, and this is really the first type of game in a Diablo/fantasy clone since Champions of Norrath

EDIT: Oh yeah, Phthisis here is a link to the teamxbox forums where they have a dedicated sub-forum for Sacred 2.... It looks like it is getting good rep there

http://forum.teamxbox.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152

methos75

Banned
Alright, just played the PS3 version for about an hour and I am loving it. For all the hoopla about the graphics, I think it looks pretty damn good. i have the PC version with the elite texture pack and too be honest, the PS3 version on my Kuro looks about the same. its a very sharp, clear, and colorful game. So far no framerate issues, but the shadows are kinda of jittery. As far as the interface goes, its really simple IMO, you just hold down R1 and then hold a button to go to the screen you want, its a pretty logical and intuitive system imo. I also had no issues attacking as some have complained about. If anyone wants to game later, my tag is Methos1975.

Tobor

I picked up the 360 version tonight at Gamestop and was able to get the carrier imp even though I didn't preorder. Win. I won't get to play until 11 or so.

methos75

Banned
Lyte Edge said:

Man I think it looks awesome, opinions opinions.

Phreaker

After 8 hours I can say this game is great! Really if you like Diablo / Baulders Gate / PSO / WoW / Guild Wars you'll probably like this game. Maybe I've been playing too much Diablo 2 of late, but I think the game is pretty beautiful. It controls well and I'm having a blast with a friend online. I'm still learning the whole Combat Arts / Runes / Skill system, but that's okay. I prefer it be complex.

Oh, shiz... 1Up just gave it an A-, take that IGN! :) http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3174196&p=4

Kingpen

Damn 1up just gave this an 'A-'

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3174196&p=4

"Holy cats, the console version is better?
Sacred 2 turns out to be a great couch game, largely because you can play co-op with a friend at your side. But the real surprise is that the folks at Ascaron managed to create a mostly-great interface for the XB360 and PS3 controller, giving you faster and easier access to more combat abilities than you could use in the PC version. I never thought I'd say this, but I don't think I can go back to playing on the PC. The price paid for more combat abilities is the occasional graphics hiccup and slightly more hassle when it comes to inventory management, but you're going to sell most of that stuff anyway. "

FrankT

Wow A- nice. I'm just about to wrap up Fallout 3 DLC and achievements and after Fable 2 DLC this could keep me busy all summer long. Really tempting and I've been needing something like this on the console side for a good while.

Proc

Kingpen said:
Damn 1up just gave this an 'A-'

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3174196&p=4

"Holy cats, the console version is better?
Sacred 2 turns out to be a great couch game, largely because you can play co-op with a friend at your side. But the real surprise is that the folks at Ascaron managed to create a mostly-great interface for the XB360 and PS3 controller, giving you faster and easier access to more combat abilities than you could use in the PC version. I never thought I'd say this, but I don't think I can go back to playing on the PC. The price paid for more combat abilities is the occasional graphics hiccup and slightly more hassle when it comes to inventory management, but you're going to sell most of that stuff anyway. "

Looks like I'll have to rent this one. Didn't want to pay full price for the pc to get a good idea of what to expect. A rental definitely seems to be in order.

nyong

Banned
Well hell. Looks like I need to go pick this up for one of my consoles. PS3? 360? Is there a verdict out there on which version is superior? Or is it pretty much negligible? And by negligible I mean you don't have to squint or argue to reach a verdict...if it's not immediately obvious, it's negligible.

AwRy108

nyong said:
Well hell. Looks like I need to go pick this up for one of my consoles. PS3? 360? Is there a verdict out there on which version is superior? Or is it pretty much negligible? And by negligible I mean you don't have to squint or argue to reach a verdict...if it's not immediately obvious, it's negligible.

Sounds negligible to me, though the latest trailers all seem to be of the PS3 version.

Also, it seems like the XBox 360 version might perform better if the game is installed, so be sure to consider available HDD space.

Phreaker

nyong said:

As far as I know the only difference is 2 can go online on one console on the 360, but not on the PS3. Both have 4 player online co-op and 2 player local co-op. Oh, and someone posted something from the PS3 manual that said you couldn't trade with your local co-op partner.

Loudninja

dragonflys545 said:
I am getting the ps3 version tomorrow, loudninja add me: fireflys545 [EST].

I have to wait until next week though,but I will add you.

Edit: I am going to be a Shadow Warrior.

AwRy108

Loudninja said:
So who else is getting the PS3 version?Because I would like to play with others from GAF.

I'm getting the PS3 version, but it's coming from Amazon so it might take a few days. My PSN ID is: AwRy108

nyong

Banned
Loudninja said:
So who else is getting the PS3 version?Because I would like to play with others from GAF.

I just one-clicked the PS3 version on Amazon.

PSN Tag: blinK_27

EDIT: I think I'm going with Temple Guardian.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
I'm leaving town tomorrow so I won't be able to play this 'till next week (plus I ordered from amazon) but I'm glad to hear some good reviews about the console versions. We really do need more of this genre in our lives. It's too bad to hear about some of the bugs but I think I will be able to overlook them since I am dying to hoard some loot. :) It will be interesting to see how this game sells on the 360/PS3.

I read that 1up review and thought it was worthless terribly written garbage.

Then I looked up and realized it was written by Tom Chick.

All is right in the universe.

Loudninja

Tylahedras said:
I read that 1up review and thought it was worthless terribly written garbage.

Then I looked up and realized it was written by Tom Chick.

All is right in the universe.

Yeah really terrible review.

Kingpen said:
kingpen2.gif

:lol

Top Bottom