• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Still wondering for someone that has played both the ps3 and 360 version. I am on the edge for buying this and need to know differences between the two so I know which way to go.

Pimpbaa

Broadbandito said:
Still wondering for someone that has played both the ps3 and 360 version. I am on the edge for buying this and need to know differences between the two so I know which way to go.

Same here.

AwRy108

Broadbandito said:

From what I gather, the major difference is that the XBox 360 supports up to 4 players in local co-op, whereas the PS3 only supports 2 players in local co-op. Hardly a deal breaker, especially since 4-player local co-op isn't a very likely scenario for most people most of the time; in other words, here's how I'd make my decision:

1) which console do you use the most?
2) which console contains your biggest list of Friends?
3) does your 360 HDD have enough free space to install the game?

Phreaker

Actually, the 360 also only supports 2 player local co-op, but both players can go online to play with up to two others. That is not possible on the PS3. Other than that I'm not sure there's any difference. I got it for 360 because most of my friends have 360/Live.

Kauza

OK, it would appear that some orders from Amazon have shipped: they must have run out of the initial stock. So I guess the good news is that it's possible that it'll be shipping before Friday.

xDEILGYREx said:
I see IGN revised their score, after they found there is no terrible framerate problems, or game freezes, or file corruptions.
So very generous of that reviewer to give Sacred3 another ".3" to the score, making it a 6.5 now. Basically, a "D". What a douche.

Man what a dumb fuck. Pardon my language.

I'm going in blind on this one. Haven't done much research but I do love lootwhoring. I plan on picking it up tonight on my way home.

Giard

faust said:
Dell.ca has the PS3 version $49.99 with free shipping right now.
360 too.

When I try to checkout or view my cart, it says

Bad Request
HTTP Error 400. The request is badly formed.

:(

EDIT: Tried it out in IE instead of Firefox, it worked. Just hope my order didn't go through twice. I guess I'll try to sell it to one of my friends :D

Thrakier said:
Could anyone of the PS3 owners PLEASE test if the coop/chest-trade thing works?

Umm, I don't know what you mean, but last night my son did try to put an item into the hero chest located in the town square, when my character went to get the item out of the chest it was not available.

dorkimoe

played the demo, really like it

dont understand everything about it (rpg noob) but im thinking about buying it, i could see getting addicted

I picked up this dual wield jewelry, but couldnt get dual wielding to work, what do i have to do?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
dorkimoe said:
played the demo, really like it

dont understand everything about it (rpg noob) but im thinking about buying it, i could see getting addicted

I picked up this dual wield jewelry, but couldnt get dual wielding to work, what do i have to do?

If you get jewelry, or any armor/weapon for that matter, that lists something on it like "dual wield", etc. that means whatever bonus is to the right of that skill will become active if you actually have the dual wield skill, or whatever.

For instance, you'll see "Swords +2% Critical" on a ring. That means if you have the "Swords" skill, which you purchase with the points you get for leveling up, then you'll get the +2% to Criticals for wearing that ring.

Concept17

Managed to get 3 or so solid hours in. Started fresh as a Dryad (the nature/archer class) and find it very enjoyable.

First of all, the map is deceiving. At first it doesn't look that big, but as you start moving around, you realize you're barely moving anywhere on the large map. In 3 hours, I don't think I even managed 2% of the world. Something like 1.39%.

As for the Dryad class, switching between ranged and melee works pretty flawlessly. I set my ranged weapon (now a 'gun' which is basically the equivalant to blowing darts) to A and my melee weapon (now a sword with +lighting dmg) to Y. I'm not sure how flexible character development is later on, but I hope I can continue using both as well as I have for the rest of the game.

Combat arts are kind of different. You spend skill points on skills such as Swords, Tactics, Ranged, etc.. But the actual abilities your class gets are 'found' in the world/on mobs. In my 3 hours, I managed to find 3 runes for a single ability, so its now at level 3. Fortunatly its the only buff I have atm so its been extremely helpful. I've gotten I think 6 different combat arts so far (you start with 1) and have yet to come across 9 or so. (my favorite so far being an evasion ability that throws up a dust cloud)

The interface has only gotten easier to use, and I no longer have any issues with it what-so-ever. The graphics have also eased up a bit, as it seems the devs have taken a bit more time on area outside of where you initially start. (a couple caves for example were gorgeous) Theres an excellent use of color nearly everywhere you go, and of 5 or so caves I've entered, they've all been different...two of which were drastically unique.

The best part of this game is the loot+exploration. I've just been roaming around running into random side quests and random spots with treasures, boss mobs and such, and getting some nice loot as I go. I have yet to even enter the first town.

If you're on the fence...get this game.

Concept17 said:
Combat arts are kind of different. You spend skill points on skills such as Swords, Tactics, Ranged, etc.. But the actual abilities your class gets are 'found' in the world/on mobs. In my 3 hours, I managed to find 3 runes for a single ability, so its now at level 3. Fortunatly its the only buff I have atm so its been extremely helpful. I've gotten I think 6 different combat arts so far (you start with 1) and have yet to come across 9 or so. (my favorite so far being an evasion ability that throws up a dust cloud)

Can you explain the runes and abilities you get a little bit more? This is the one aspect of the game thats confusing me.

Thrakier

Anerythristic said:
Umm, I don't know what you mean, but last night my son did try to put an item into the hero chest located in the town square, when my character went to get the item out of the chest it was not available.

PS3 Version? Did you use different accounts?

RUH ROH! Sounds horrible if true. No buy, want to play only in local coop. :(

Ricker

Okay,just got killed by a turtle :lol ,time to sit down for supper and read the manual...I made a Temple Guardian,he's ok but it seems like a hard class to start out with,plus there's a lot of stuff in the interface/menu that I don't quite grasp yet...what's the difference between comparing and details.I also don't get the combo menu at the bottom of one of the skills or something...can't wait to understand all the depth of this game,because early on(level 3) and I love everything else about it.

Thrakier said:
PS3 Version? Did you use different accounts?

RUH ROH! Sounds horrible if true. No buy, want to play only in local coop. :(

Oh yeah, there is no trading in local co-op, I am at least glad they have aadmitted it was a stupid omission and will patch it.

Again, the game is fun just beaware in local co-op there is no trading and almost no way to get around it, you can't drop items or put them in chests for your partner to pick up, it needs to be fixed, it's strange.

Loudninja

Anerythristic said:
Oh yeah, there is no trading in local co-op, I am at least glad they have aadmitted it was a stupid omission and will patch it.

Again, the game is fun just beaware in local co-op there is no trading and almost no way to get around it, you can't drop items or put them in chests for your partner to pick up, it needs to be fixed, it's strange.

Yeah I think the only way is for you to sell your times that you want to give to your partner and let them buy them back.

I read that somewhere ,dont know if it works.

Thrakier

Anerythristic said:

You can trade via the chest in the 360 version if the 2nd player uses a guest account. And did they actually announce a patch for the PS3 version?

EDIT:

So, the question would be: if two players play offline co-op can those two players login with the SAME account? Since you are not playing online I see no reason why this shouldn't work. If it works you should be able to trade loot via the chest.

Thrakier

dragonflys545 said:
The game is awesome so far from 2 hour play. Thank god you can teleport to your partner online.

Which version?

@loudninja

Where did you read it? Does it cost a lot money to buy it back?

AwRy108

Quick few things to add (PS3 version):
  • HAS CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS (huge plus for this type of game)
  • Interface is much improved over PC version
  • Framerate seems to hover around 25-30, with it obviously being smoother when the camera is close
  • I'm reminded of just how massive this game is--if you like the genre, this could last you hundreds of hours
  • Huge fgx downgrade compared to the PC version, but not to the point that it's harmful to the experience

...if I think of anything else worth posting later, I'll do so.

CONCLUSION: if you like this genre, you're stupid if you don't purchase this

Concept17 said:
Managed to get 3 or so solid hours in. Started fresh as a Dryad (the nature/archer class) and find it very enjoyable.

First of all, the map is deceiving. At first it doesn't look that big, but as you start moving around, you realize you're barely moving anywhere on the large map. In 3 hours, I don't think I even managed 2% of the world. Something like 1.39%.

As for the Dryad class, switching between ranged and melee works pretty flawlessly. I set my ranged weapon (now a 'gun' which is basically the equivalant to blowing darts) to A and my melee weapon (now a sword with +lighting dmg) to Y. I'm not sure how flexible character development is later on, but I hope I can continue using both as well as I have for the rest of the game.

The interface has only gotten easier to use, and I no longer have any issues with it what-so-ever. The graphics have also eased up a bit, as it seems the devs have taken a bit more time on area outside of where you initially start. (a couple caves for example were gorgeous) Theres an excellent use of color nearly everywhere you go, and of 5 or so caves I've entered, they've all been different...two of which were drastically unique.

The best part of this game is the loot+exploration. I've just been roaming around running into random side quests and random spots with treasures, boss mobs and such, and getting some nice loot as I go. I have yet to even enter the first town.

If you're on the fence...get this game.
Great impressions and your making me jump in.....my wife is going to kill me for buying this :lol

Thrakier

AwRy108 said:
[*]Framerate seems to hover around 25-30, with it obviously being smoother when the camera is close

Bah, since I only play coop I guess I should buy the 360 version then...once again. :( Although I won't buy XBL Gold for just one game...

AwRy108

Thrakier said:
Bah, since I only play coop I guess I should buy the 360 version then...once again. :( Although I won't buy XBL Gold for just one game...

I don't think the framerate is any better/worse on the 360 version, so why not get the PS3 version so you won't have to pay for a Gold membership?

Thrakier

AwRy108 said:
I don't think the framerate is any better/worse on the 360 version, so why not get the PS3 version so you won't have to pay for a Gold membership?

Sure? Normally the framerate is better on 360 for multiplat games and this game is a pc port...

dorkimoe

thanks for your help everyone

when i right click on those skill boosts things that i keep picking up. are they permanent?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I"m finding sacredwiki.org to be my very good friend.

How is the UI better in the console version? It seems really great on PC. I'm actually curious how it lets you quickly change or get to a bunch of info when the game doesn't pause in dangerous areas.

Man, it's been a long time since a game made this good an initial impression on me. I guess I was in the mood for one of these huge loot hunts with lots of customization. It doesn't hurt they made it so pretty. I'm liking it more initially than I did Titan Quest Gold.

Concept17

Musashi Wins! said:

How is the UI better in the console version? It seems really great on PC. I'm actually curious how it lets you quickly change or get to a bunch of info when the game doesn't pause in dangerous areas.

Man, it's been a long time since a game made this good an initial impression on me. I guess I was in the mood for one of these huge loot hunts with lots of customization. It doesn't hurt they made it so pretty. I'm liking it more initially than I did Titan Quest Gold.

Same here. TQ just didn't grab me. It felt very stale. So far Sacred2 has been pretty refreshing despite being another hack'n'slash, and I think a lot of it has to do with the open world feel of the game. Its one of those rare RPGs that isn't a mmo and isn't entirely linear, and yet, it seems worth your time to explore every corner of the map.

Classic_Gs said:
Great impressions and your making me jump in.....my wife is going to kill me for buying this :lol

:lol I don't think you'll regret it. Besides, you could always get her to play with you.

AwRy108

Thrakier said:
Sure? Normally the framerate is better on 360 for multiplat games and this game is a pc port...

That's a generalization, and an old one at that. Regardless, from everything I've read, the framerate is identical between the console versions. Major differences: HDD space isn't as likely to be an issue for the PS3 owners, and online play is free.

Either way, you're good to go with both, unless you don't want to pay for online play (which you mentioned earlier).

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Musashi Wins! said:

Where did you find it? Which version did you get?

Liberty4all

Banned
I rushed off and bought this based on this thread. Going to boot up the game shortly.

Hoping this doesn't end up to be a big failure

AwRy108

Played the PS3 version for a few hours, and it's 100% stable + 100% fun.

It's worth noting to anyone who's on the fence about this one: Sacred 2 is based entirely on the premise of exploring a massive world solely for the purposes of looting and grinding; in other words, if you're not up for hours upon hours of said gameplay, steer clear.

Me, well, I'm as happy as a pig in shit with Sacred 2. And with Custom Soundtracks, I can sit on my comfy sofa in front of my 46" LCD, turn on my PS3, turn off my brain, and be a loot whore while catching up on my podcasts.

Pure. Freekin'. Bliss. Especially after a long day/week of work.

It's also nice to know that I can take a break for some InFamous in a few weeks, then hop right back into more Sacred 2 with my ass-prints still in the couch where I left them, just like I never left.

This thread has convinced me to buy the game and I rarely pay full price for games nowdays (maybe 2 or 3 a year). It has been long since I played Baldur's Gate style game and there are no other real alternatives on the 360 other than Marvel (which lacks the exploration element). If this game is even decent, I'm sure I'll enjoy playing it co-op. I think I found a couple of friends who are interested in picking it up too.

I just hope the game still runs smoothly enough for 3-4 players online. That is my only real hesitation at this point.

The game art style was previously turning me off, but, DAMN YOU GAF, this thread convinced me to pick it up.
Even though i could use the monies for, you know, like, food and shit.
DAMN YOU GAF.

Tobor

I was all fired up to play this when I got home from work. Instead I'm watching the power company dick around in the alley installing a new transformer. Argghhhhhh.

/lights candles

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
I take back what i said earlier about the PhysX being crap on the PC version.

Glacial thorns is just badass looking with it :lol

Top Bottom