• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Mau ®

so the exploration is really good right?

I dont know if it compares to morrowind (exploration) but one thing I loved about it is that I would go into a friking hard dungeon and at the end of it I would find a super rare weapon or armor or spell etc etc. Is Sacred 2 like that as well?

I wanna get that feeling again, of working my ass off to get the things I want. Morrowind made me feel like I had to work to earn things, it really intimidated me but it also was a challenge. Oblivion did not challenge me at all.

Please tell me sacred is at least a bit like that!

Hawk269

I am travelling all this week and watching videos with horrid internet connections is not happening...so here goes a real noob question since I have no idea about this game...

Is this game played in only a Diablo type perspective? Top/Down? or can you be in 3rd person ala Morrowind or Oblivion when in third person?

Thanks....and yeah..it sucks being on the road with shitty internet connections.

Brashnir

Looks like my Amazon order shipped. Scheduled for delivery Thursday. Can't wait to kick some ass. I think I'll be playing an Inquisitor to start out. Anyone have any impressions of the class?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
DenogginizerOS said:
Where did you find it? Which version did you get?

Direct 2 Download, half price. I'm not a Steam purist like most of gaf. Unlimited downloads, latest patch, etc.

Yea, it's all top down which feels like a shame at times because it can be so pretty, but it's obviously on purpose, the surprise of the edges, etc.

The exploration is neat because the space is big, but it's nothing like Morrowind or the like. It's about a billion quests, decent humor, customization and LOOT!

Just picked up the game for PS3, excited to get started.

PSN ID is gimmeGIMMEmore, I'll add as many folks from this thread as I can throughout the night.

Duke Togo

I just played a couple hours of the ps3 version. I have to say, having a lootwhore game to play on my couch is going to eat up a lot of my time! Having said that, I'm certain that I will get more than my $60 worth out of this game. :D I'm glad I picked this up.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Hawk269 said:
I am travelling all this week and watching videos with horrid internet connections is not happening...so here goes a real noob question since I have no idea about this game...

Is this game played in only a Diablo type perspective? Top/Down? or can you be in 3rd person ala Morrowind or Oblivion when in third person?

Thanks....and yeah..it sucks being on the road with shitty internet connections.

You can zoom in real close to see the cool attacks or to check out your armor but there isnt a real Third person view.

What i mean by real third person view is having your guy in front of you and being able to see off into the distance. While sacred 2 has a third person like view its nothing like Morrowinds/Oblivions.

Was messing around on a temple guardian earlier and he just said "Fucking animals" While i was shooting rats. I was like :O

DustinC

I just finished up the Blind Guardian quest at level 16, so fucking awesome.

Not only do you get to see them put on a CGI concert of the title song after recovering their instruments from the undead, but then you get the band instruments as weapons (and they're pretty fucking good). All of that in one optional quest super early in the game.

Hammer24

Banned
My VGPlus order shipeed! *does-the-happy-dance*

Now - is there any chance to get a carrier imp still? Are this codes, or is this already on the disc?

Thrakier

AwRy108 said:
Played the PS3 version for a few hours, and it's 100% stable + 100% fun.

It's worth noting to anyone who's on the fence about this one: Sacred 2 is based entirely on the premise of exploring a massive world solely for the purposes of looting and grinding; in other words, if you're not up for hours upon hours of said gameplay, steer clear.

Me, well, I'm as happy as a pig in shit with Sacred 2. And with Custom Soundtracks, I can sit on my comfy sofa in front of my 46" LCD, turn on my PS3, turn off my brain, and be a loot whore while catching up on my podcasts.

Pure. Freekin'. Bliss. Especially after a long day/week of work.

It's also nice to know that I can take a break for some InFamous in a few weeks, then hop right back into more Sacred 2 with my ass-prints still in the couch where I left them, just like I never left.

OK, I'll buy the PS3-Version...however, can you try if you can sign in the coop player offline with the same account as the main player so that you can use the same chest?

bjaelke

Hammer24 said:
My VGPlus order shipeed! *does-the-happy-dance*

Now - is there any chance to get a carrier imp still? Are this codes, or is this already on the disc?
It's a code but exclusive to Gamestop orders.

I'm not a fan of the camera (never been much into straight overhead view with no option to see 'ahead' of the character), and the dynamic cam results in a good bit of screen tearing, but beyond that, the game is a blast. I don't really mind the cumbersome menu screens - it doesn't take long to get yourself settled, and there seem to be plenty of areas where you can rest for a moment and get organized without being attacked.

In the early-goings, the quests are nice and straight forward...taking advantage of the huge size of the map, but still mostly just acting as a vehicle for the grinding. Hopefully they become a bit more engaging as the game goes on, but for now, I can't complain. There's plenty to do, tons to see, much to accomplish.

rSpooky

Picked this up yesterday, just because I was starved for a game like it on console and me and my wife had a blast. The menu's/controls feel a little clunky to me but after a few hours of play worked well.
loving this and glad I picked it up.

Raide

Sorry if this has already been answered. Is the game region free? It really sucks for UK'ers to wait until 5th June to fill our Loot Whore needs. :lol

AwRy108

Thrakier said:
OK, I'll buy the PS3-Version...however, can you try if you can sign in the coop player offline with the same account as the main player so that you can use the same chest?

Ask other GAF'ers if they can try this for you; otherwise, I'll try to do this sometime this weekend.

Ristlager

How is the difficulty unlocked in this game? Read somewhere that you could start on silver? Does that mean that there isn't a level cap/finish the game once for selecting a harder difficulty? And If you could start on silver, how much harder is there to start on gold?

bjaelke

Bronze gets boring really quick and while Silver might seem hard at first (some classes are weak early on) it will get easier as you get better loot/skills.

No45

Do you need to start a new game for each difficulty level, or does it just progress to the next difficulty when you've hit the maximum level for the previous difficulty?

No45 said:
Do you need to start a new game for each difficulty level, or does it just progress to the next difficulty when you've hit the maximum level for the previous difficulty?

I have the PC version but you should be able to change the difficulty level each time you start a game with your character. However some difficulty levels needs to be unlocked by beating the game.

Justin

Fistwell said:
Yes, ok.
Guess i'm not hardcore.

Edit: bu-bu-but, you can save your game, right? You can just load a previous save, right?

If it is like Diablo when you die on that hardest difficulty it will erase your character and you wont be able to load saves.

Tom Penny

How are the graphics on the console versions as well as framerate. I love me a good hack and slash. I was going to buy the PC version but I want another game for my PS3 + i'd much rather sit in my recliner and play.

No45

PuppetSlave said:
I have the PC version but you should be able to change the difficulty level each time you start a game with your character. However some difficulty levels needs to be unlocked by beating the game.
Thanks, just wanted to make sure you don't need to restart your character when you want to progress through the difficulty levels. :)

so...can anyone confirm how well the PS3 version runs in 1080? Was surprised when IGN review mentioned it had better graphics, I already bought and played the 360 version though.

this game really surprised me, its a weird combination of boring-but-addictive. the frame rate kinda sucks outside, and the controls are sluggish (and auto attack) but man is the game huge

bjaelke

Tom Penny said:
How does co-op work? Can you just jump in a random persons game? Are there servers or something?
The host is the server and he decides if the game is offline, friends only or open to all. The game is played on his save game, but all loot will stay with your character.

Artadius

I don't think the console versions have hardcore mode available to them though. It's not mentioned anywhere in the instructions and I do not see any options for it in setting up a new game.

And yes, you have to be Silver before you can start on Gold, beat Gold in order to start on Platinum, beat Plat to start on Niobium. You will simply take your same character into the new difficulty level with all the loot and xp that you had up to that point. You can even go back and revisit lower difficulties if you want. Just like Diablo (unless you're past the max level for that difficulty).

Bronze is the only difference here in that it is also available from the start like Silver. It is VERY newbie friendly though. You can only reach a max level of 60 and the loot and xp is worse than in Silver. Go Silver from the start if you can. If its too hard, start on Bronze for a few levels to get the feel then restart with same character on Silver.

Ok I understand you unlock abilities by getting runes and using them thus unlocking combat abilities. Yet how do you get the points to slot into those combat arts? Anyone know?

Does anybody have any feedback on a High Elf build, I am going completley magic.

My first four skills are Pyromancer Lore, Pyromancer Focus , Stormite Lore, Ancient Magic and Concentration

I am starting to think taking the Stormite Lore was a mistake as I probably will not take the third aspect and I will have two offensive schools of magic, oh well, exceelent game.

PuMa

Anerythristic said:
Does anybody have any feedback on a High Elf build, I am going completley magic.

My first four skills are Pyromancer Lore, Pyromancer Focus , Stormite Lore, Ancient Magic and Concentration

I am starting to think taking the Stormite Lore was a mistake as I probably will not take the third aspect and I will have two offensive schools of magic, oh well, exceelent game.

I've got a Level 15 High Elf right now. I went all pyro so far. Pyro Lore, Pyro Focus, Concentration, Bargaining, Enhanced Perception. I've got lore and focus pumped to about 10-11 each, and my spells are pretty strong with quick regen rates.

Tobor

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Ok I understand you unlock abilities by getting runes and using them thus unlocking combat abilities. Yet how do you get the points to slot into those combat arts? Anyone know?

By using more runes. For example, if you find a rune for Sinister Predator and use it, you'll unlock SP level 1. Find another Sinister Predator rune and use it, and you unlock SP level 2.

Make sense?

bjaelke

Tobor said:
By using more runes. For example, if you find a rune for Sinister Predator and use it, you'll unlock SP level 1. Find another Sinister Predator rune and use it, and you unlock SP level 2.

Make sense?
I think he's talking about modifications.

PuMa

So what difficulty are most people playing on so far? I started on Bronze, but I've been thinking about switching to Silver. Bronze seems like a breeze so far. Plus, I haven't seen and rare/unique/magic items yet. Anyone else have any lucky finding any good drops?

Xenon

PuMa said:
So what difficulty are most people playing on so far? I started on Bronze, but I've been thinking about switching to Silver. Bronze seems like a breeze so far. Plus, I haven't seen and rare/unique/magic items yet. Anyone else have any lucky finding any good drops?

Everything I read stated that Bronze is too easy. I'm finding Silver to be easy as well.

Lain

I've just ordered it from VGP since reading you people it seems the PS3 version is ok.
The only downside is having to wait for it, but I'm always amazed at paying 40€ for a PS3 game.

Top Bottom