• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Artadius

Brandon F said:
I'm so lost on what the deal with the LB 'ring' thing is for? Read the manual cover to cover and it explains nothing.

Also, any way to get a better idea of what you can interact with or not? It's been kinda tough to see what is glowing or not, such as pots or such.

Finally, the whole combat art runes...so confused. Any reason why I SHOULDN'T just upgrade my arts the moment I discover one? The manual states something about a trader, but doesn't describe any reason why I would hang on to the runes.

The whole downtime bar system isn't explained well either. Sword X has slightly better stats, but it increases the big yellow bar by .03%. WTF does that mean???

Let me try to explain...

The LB ring simply picks up any loot on the ground within that radius without you walking over it.

You can press the L3 or Left Stick button to bring up any objects currently on screen that you can interact with. I think this is random. Supposedly the perception skill raises the chance of objects that you can interact with.

For Combat Arts. There will be times that you don't necessarily want to upgrade them, at least not initially. For example on my High Elf I'm currently sitting at lvl 1 Fireball. I have a rune to go to level 2... but it will almost double my regeneration time for the skill. Consequently, I will not get near double the damage. So, until I bring my overall pyro regeneration times down across the board (via pyromancer skills increases) then I'm holding off on using that upgrade rune. It takes a little bit of study to understand and plan.

The bar you're referring to on your equipment page is your adjustment to your regeneration times. The heavier the armor you wear, the more it affects your regeneration times. 100% is in the middle which means whatever your regeneration (or recast) time is for a skill is actually what it is. If your overall regeneration time is 110% and your Combat Art regeneration time is, say, 5 seconds... your adjusted Combat Art regeneration time with the armor penalty would be 5.5 seconds.

EDIT: Beaten by others...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anerythristic said:
:lol , if you upgrade your Combat Arts to quickly and say you are Level 4 and your Ice Shard spell is Level 7 because you used 6 runes it will take a longer period of time for that spell to cool down.

The yellow bar should be smaller, 145.8% is worse than 67.03%

Ok, that makes sense. Is that bar global though? I mean if it is at 120% does that mean that ALL my cooldowns for everything will take 20% more time to reset than the par value(100%)? If so that is kinda cool...

And in your scenario, if my char. level eventually catches up to my ice shard level 7, will the cooldown adjust to even out? Should I just be weary of keeping my combat arts skills at or around my character level?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Artadius said:
Let me try to explain...

The LB ring simply picks up any loot on the ground within that radius without you walking over it.

You can press the L3 or Left Stick button to bring up any objects currently on screen that you can interact with. I think this is random. Supposedly the perception skill raises the chance of objects that you can interact with.

For Combat Arts. There will be times that you don't necessarily want to upgrade them, at least not initially. For example on my High Elf I'm currently sitting at lvl 1 Fireball. I have a rune to go to level 2... but it will almost double my regeneration time for the skill. Consequently, I will not get near double the damage. So, until I bring my overall pyro regeneration times down across the board (via pyromancer skills increases) then I'm holding off on using that upgrade rune. It takes a little bit of study to understand and plan.

The bar you're referring to on your equipment page is your adjustment to your regeneration times. The heavier the armor you wear, the more it affects your regeneration times. 100% is in the middle which means whatever your regeneration (or recast) time is for a skill is actually what it is. If your overall regeneration time is 110% and your Combat Art regeneration time is, say, 5 seconds... your adjusted Combat Art regeneration time with the armor penalty would be 5.5 seconds.

EDIT: Beaten by others...

Holy shit. Thank you for explaining how to play Ascaron's game. I can't wait to try out the L3 'interact' thing. You have no idea how annoying it is to pixel hunt what I can and can't LB touch in this gimongous world...almost a dealbreaker for me.

Ashenor

I found one boss i think so far the kobold chief. Are there rare drops in the game, or are they just slotted with more runes or whatever?

Can you farm the boss mobs if so what is the respawn on them?

Thanks

depward

I'm enjoying it but I have one pet peeve complaint:

No subtitle option.

I play games are very low volumes so I enable subtitles whenever possible. I had no idea wtf they were talking about in the Seraphim's opening :/

Kauza

Awesome, got the game from Amazon today.

I'll probably be able to hop on for a couple of hours or so tonight. Stumble around for a bit, try to get my bearings, figure everything out. If anyone else wants to join my trial by fire, let me know!

Can't wait to get going on this thing.

Drek

So I hear the PS3 runs this at 1080p, is that true and is there a noticeable frame rate sacrifice as a result? Does it require me to set my PS3 to strictly 1080p (not autodetect) like MLB '09 the Show, or will it go to 1080p naturally?

Thanks in advance, hope they get that co-op trading patch out ASAP.

crunker99

game is a lot of fun on 360 but i found a bug it happened to me twice now

some loot containers will not let you get into a position that it will say LB so you can open it.. it just flashes and no amount of re-orientation will make the LB icon pop up

anyone else experience this on 360? it happened in the pirate cave and somewhere else

kyle (in stereo) said:
Does the 360 version of this have local co op?

yes, co op is done right in sacred 2. you can locl co op and you can even do locl 2 co op plus 2 from xbox live for 4 player co op

its sick

Loudninja

Drek said:
So I hear the PS3 runs this at 1080p, is that true and is there a noticeable frame rate sacrifice as a result? Does it require me to set my PS3 to strictly 1080p (not autodetect) like MLB '09 the Show, or will it go to 1080p naturally?

Thanks in advance, hope they get that co-op trading patch out ASAP.

Hello everyone, just figured I'd throw my findings out there about a fix I found. I have a 22' lcd hdtv and I was always playing at 1080p. Normally unrealizing there were problems, I started playing this game and soon found out I had MASSIVE amounts of framerate drops/tearing issues. I figured I'd drop the resolution to 720p and BAM! Instant fix! No more tearing, no more framerate drops (at least EXTREMLEY minimal). So for everyone out there, there you go!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=949630&topic=49486062

Giard

kyle (in stereo) said:
Great.

Now.

Is there single system Co Op for me and my girlfriend?
Yes there is

My game's estimated shipping date is on the first of June only...Hopefully, by the time I receive it, the first patch will already be out.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I know someone asked so I'll just mention it again.

It's available for $30 on Direct2Drive for PC, and they have the latest patch in the patches section.

This is the sort of game I unquestionably buy on PC because my rig will play it and it's easier to manage all the customization stuff and it runs at a great frame rate, but I'm glad they got it on console. I liked these sorts of games on console when they were done well before I had a gaming pc.

Also, it has it's own "achievements" page built in, if you want to achieve certain things. I guess it's not the same as showing off to others haha, but it's there.

Also, don't start off at Bronze, too easy and the drops suck.

Thrakier

Ranger X said:
So I would need to "force" my PS3 in 720p because the dev weren't intelligent enough to make the default res?

No buy.

That's fucking stupid, because normally I run the machine on 1080p all the time. WTF. I have to go to the settings menu everytime I play Sacred 2 now!?

Kingpen

kyle (in stereo) said:
I loved Too Human, so don't hype me up.

Ditto from others saying. I loved Too Human too and put 40 + hours into it the first week (it was one of my more played 360 games in my collection.

This game, from what I can tell though just is so much more, and so much better in pretty much every regard. I traded Too Human for this and don't regret it in the least bit. And it is a heck of a lot better then KUF: COD

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
EternalGamer said:
I guess that depends on what your standards are. For me this is the first of these types of games I have played since Champions of Norath on the PS2. So, compared to the last gen stuff, this game looks pretty damn good. It's like a high definition version of Norath and it has 4 player co-op, so that's cool with me. I wasn't expecting a graphical tour de force like Bioshock or Metal Gear.

I don't usually like saying stuff like this, but the "art style" is laughably bad. So is almost everything presentation wise. Multiple times playing with my friends i would walk somewhere new and stuff was there that just stuck out and would just start laughing. It's not so bad technially, lots of effects and everything but the world just looks kinda silly. Do I even need to say anything about the interface? Navigating menu's is kind of a pain in the ass but i'll get over it.

Honestly, that's all fine. I think I actually posted in this thread a few months ago how it would be a technical disaster on consoles. All the stuff I listed above on top of all the little problems and bugs I've come across cant take away my enjoyment. I dont have anything to compare it to directly now save for Too Human and maybe Titan Quest, but that doesnt change the fact that there are problems. Just like Too Human before it though, I really dont care because the game is fun to play.

Ashenor

Hmm i started my first guy on easy and is lvl 11 now with about 45 quests done. Is there a way to switch to silver for the 360? I seen some mention of joining online players games but my Live is expired atm so looking for a way i can do it offline if possible.

Thanks

bjaelke

Ashenor said:
Hmm i started my first guy on easy and is lvl 11 now with about 45 quests done. Is there a way to switch to silver for the 360? I seen some mention of joining online players games but my Live is expired atm so looking for a way i can do it offline if possible.

Thanks
Try the same thing in offline co-op?

Tom Penny

Decisions decisions....money isn't really a factor so is playing on my couch or recliner > PC version...hmm. I don't know what to do.

Ricker

depward said:
I'm enjoying it but I have one pet peeve complaint:

No subtitle option.

I play games are very low volumes so I enable subtitles whenever possible. I had no idea wtf they were talking about in the Seraphim's opening :/

Yeah,I was surprised it wasn't there also,especially with all the work they did with multiple languages...it works with the language of your console,french,english,spanish etc etc...

bjaelke

Ricker said:
Yeah,I was surprised it wasn't there also,especially with all the work they did with multiple languages...it works with the language of your console,french,english,spanish etc etc...
The PAL version will have it though + multiple soundtracks. Maybe the last part was regional (e.g. Germany getting English + German). Can't remember the correct details right now...

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Ashenor said:
I found one boss i think so far the kobold chief. Are there rare drops in the game, or are they just slotted with more runes or whatever?

Can you farm the boss mobs if so what is the respawn on them?

Thanks

There is Uniques which are a orangish color. legendarys are yellow i think and drop occasionally. Greens are set items. Blues are just the regular rares.

Uniques= Best
Set items=2nd
Legendarys
Rares

I could be wrong in the order with Uniques/Set items.

_Angelus_

Banned
Tom Penny said:
Decisions decisions....money isn't really a factor so is playing on my couch or recliner > PC version...hmm. I don't know what to do.

Its a world of difference when you move your PC to your bed room. Set up your desk next to your bed so you can prop up your feet on that bed while relaxing in your PC chair playing games or surfing. Or just lay in bed all day and play games,I do that on weekends sometimes.:lol

I just finished playing this for a couple of hours co-op on the 360 and had a great time. I was worried about the game holding up with 3 people, but it did fine. There was a ton of shit on the screen including 4 summoned skeletons, 3 players, and at least half a dozen enemies and the framerate remained pretty solid and we had little lag.

There are some rough edges, but this game plays great. If you have friends and are looking for a fun co-op game that will last you a LONG time, this game fits the bill. Glad I went ahead and bought it. 1up's A- review seems much closer to the mark than that IGN one.

Artadius

Ashenor said:

Thanks

Just start a new game instead of continuing and choose Silver for difficulty. It won't erase any progress you've made on your character and you'll have all your items from the previous game. You'll simply just have to start over quest/story/world wise. You can do this as often as you like so long as you're ok with it restarting quest/story/world progress.

crunker99 said:
game is a lot of fun on 360 but i found a bug it happened to me twice now

some loot containers will not let you get into a position that it will say LB so you can open it.. it just flashes and no amount of re-orientation will make the LB icon pop up

anyone else experience this on 360? it happened in the pirate cave and somewhere else

I don't think that is a glitch. I think it is related to your attributes.

I think everybody knows that numbers in reviews are a very ridiculous way to review a product, but nevertheless they do inform and impact public perception. In the revision of the IGN review, there seems to be a bigger emendation in the actual words of the review than there was adjustment in the score (.2), and unfortunately, score is what people pay attention to more.

I really hope that editorial oversight doesn't dissuade a lot of people that were interested in the game. Anyone who liked Champions of Norath or Baldur's Gate would probably really dig this game.

Artadius

EternalGamer said:
I think everybody knows that numbers in reviews are a very ridiculous way to review a product, but nevertheless they do inform and impact public perception. In the revision of the IGN review, there seems to be a bigger emendation in the actual words of the review than there was adjustment in the score (.2), and unfortunately, score is what people pay attention to more.

I really hope that editorial oversight doesn't dissuade a lot of people that were interested in the game. Anyone who liked Champions of Norath or Baldur's Gate would probably really dig this game.

I actually kinda want to go back and play those games again after playing Sacred 2. Are the Baldur's Gate games available on XBOX Backwards Compat / Live Originals Download?

nyong

Banned
I canceled my Amazon order and purchased the PS3 version at GameStop. Their last copy. Once I finish my five-page, due-tomorrow, not-yet-started Shakespeare paper, I'm in. Any class recommendations?

Treo360

This game is fucking shit. How you guys can seriously sit in front of your PC/Mac and type how much fun your having with a straight face is beyond me. Seriously people.

now if you'll excuse me I have some more loot whoring that needs to be done. Game sucked 4 hours straight from me.

Artadius

Treo360 said:
This game is fucking shit. How you guys can seriously sit in front of your PC/Mac and type how much fun your having with a straight face is beyond me. Seriously people.

now if you'll excuse me I have some more loot whoring that needs to be done. Game sucked 4 hours straight from me.

14100358v1_350x350_Front_Color-AshGrey.jpg

nyong said:
I canceled my Amazon order and purchased the PS3 version at GameStop. Their last copy. Once I finish my five-page, due-tomorrow, not-yet-started Shakespeare paper, I'm in. Any class recommendations?

I'm currently playing as a temple guardian, a robot class that reminds me a little of the rangers in PSO. He has a laser gun as his main weapon and gets some pretty cool techi abilities early on like flame throwers and a satellite laser.

My brother is playing as an Inquisitor (I think), and he already has the ability to summon a band of skeletons and create turrets in the ground after only an hour of play.

The only real concern is that, if you intend to play through the main quest with friends, make sure your character is compatible with the side of the narrative they choose (dark or light). Most characters can play either side, but the Seraphim can only play Light and the Inquisitor can only play dark.

There are healing spells that many characters can use. You chose a "god" at the beginning to align yourself with and one of the things this does is give you access to a spell, several of these gods have spells that heal in some fashion. But the Seraphim is probably the closest to a "white mage" type class, I guess.

Nobiru said:
weird, the Seraphim is the healer? what kind of magic does the Dryad get then?

I'm not actually that sure. I've only played with the Temple Guardian and played with Inquisitors thus far. I was just going off of what I recalled from the descriptions in the manual. It seemed like the Dryad was closer to an archer type.

nyong said:
You sold me on this class. I think I'm going to the dark-side. I anticipate more Shadow Warriors and less Seraphim.

I'm having fun with him. He also has a silly sounding Robocop voice, and, as the IGN review pointed out, an ironic sense of humor about the "game" he is in. The only problem I've had with him was getting used to the aiming. There is no "lock on," you just point towards the direction and it auto-aims. This can be annoying with there are larger groups of enemies and you want to target specific ones, but I just learned to work around it by "herding" the enemies and only getting close when I want to use the techs (the flame thrower requires you to commit to standing in one place, making you vulnerable for at least 4-5 seconds, but it does a lot of damage.

EternalGamer said:
I'm not actually that sure. I've only played with the Temple Guardian and played with Inquisitors thus far. I was just going off of what I recalled from the descriptions in the manual. It seemed like the Dryad was closer to an archer type.

from what ive been looking at online now, it seems your correct. we need some big class descriptions GAF style, this game has been out for months, shouldnt be hard!

edit:

Metalic Sand said:
Seraphims, Dryads and Temple guardians have abilities to heal others if the moves are upgraded from what ive played

ahhhh, hmmm. that expands what i may play then, Seraphim and Dryad looked interesting to me, if they can both heal, thats good. but temple guardians also look awesome, and with the PSO Ranger comments, that also makes me want to play one....

EternalGamer said:
I actually like the surprise of discovering the abilities myself.

oh for sure, i dont want a ability break down, i want someone to come in and say stuff like: "the Dryad is Basicaly a Ranger class with some good crowd controll abilities and has some great team buffs and enemy debuffs, it also has some healing spells, but they arent as good as the Seraphim" ....you know stuff like that, just a basic class break down, because the stuff ive read doesnt make much sence to me. haha

i mean the Sacred 2 site says this about Dryads:

"They are the masters of hunting! Akin to the Elves, in tune with nature and equipped with the strength of the forests the most powerful and the strongest among them were chosen in order to save their peoples from extinction."

they go into it a little deeper and say:

"The Dryads live a secluded life in harmony with their environment. They go hunting, they are skillful in using poison and traps and they observe their traditions diligently. Most of them never see life outside their homeland and generally, they are not interested in affairs beyond their borders.

Their tight bond with nature bestows abilities deriving from the very strengths of the wilderness upon these fighters of the forest. The most powerful of the Dryad hunters are even knowledgeable of the dark arts of Voodoo.

Despite being cut off from the rest of the world, even the Dryads are being affected by the changes that the Great Machine is causing. Entire areas of their habitat have been destroyed by uncontrolled T-Energy, and creatures that the energy didn’t destroy mutated to powerful monstrosities, which are now haunting their forests. "

but really, none of that REALLY helps me understand what they can do... this wiki site (thanks for the link) explains things a little better, but only if i click on each spell, and then they are ruined in terms of finding out for myself what each spell does.

I was thinking of renting this game this weekend to see if i like it, since KOF was shite, and Two Human was decent but only 2 players and didnt grab me for some reason.... i NEED a new PSO, and this looks to be it, so i might just go ahead and buy it :p

Ashenor

Artadius said:
Just start a new game instead of continuing and choose Silver for difficulty. It won't erase any progress you've made on your character and you'll have all your items from the previous game. You'll simply just have to start over quest/story/world wise. You can do this as often as you like so long as you're ok with it restarting quest/story/world progress.

Hmm don't really want to do the 50 or so quests i have done over again.

Might just play through the first time on bronze and collect stuff for my Dryad i started on silver.

Top Bottom