• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Quick help:

I found a sweet Legendary weapon, but the name of it is highlighted orange, but nothing else is in orange or red, just the name.

I'm a level 35 Temple Guardian. Halp!

Tobor

Domino Theory said:
Quick help:

I found a sweet Legendary weapon, but the name of it is highlighted orange, but nothing else is in orange or red, just the name.

I'm a level 35 Temple Guardian. Halp!

Orange means you can't use it yet. You need to level up or build up the skill for that weapon type. Once the color turns white, you can use it.

Hammer24

Banned
Finally found some more gametime yesterday, here is how it went down:
- bought my first noble steed, forgot it while pestcontrolling some mobs, lost the rundown mare - think I´m better off on foot anyways... ;(
- did the Blind Guardian quest, went to my first ingame metal concert - fuckawesome
- kept one of the instruments/weapons (the guitar with the four slots), filled the slots (contemplated killing the blacksmith for this exorbitant pricings), now this guitar glows sickly blue/green (ice modifier+added poison) and plays a short tune whenever an enemy gets hit
- made lvl21, now over to more planning the further progress

Tipp for newbies:
Side quests are denoted with people carring a "?" over their heads.
TAKE AND ACCEPT EVERY SINGLE ONE.
You can easily change the active one either in the questlog, or on the world map!
This way you can work on several sidequests simultaneously, without the need to backtrack too much!

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Hammer24 said:
- did the Blind Guardian quest, went to my first ingame metal concert - fuckawesome

Does anyone know if this is in the PC version. Ive been playing with some friends and we havent come by this yet. Done Like the first 2-3 big citys of side quest. Killed about 3-4 bosses

Hammer24

Banned
Metalic Sand said:
Does anyone know if this is in the PC version. Ive been playing with some friends and we havent come by this yet. Done Like the first 2-3 big citys of side quest. Killed about 3-4 bosses

Should be in the PC version too.
Go to Clearview, right on the town entrance.

Cahill

Banned
Duke Togo said:
I'm not near my tv, but if memory serves it was only lvl 30, as I am still working on chapter 1/early chapter 2. I have it equipped on my Shadow Warrior atm....for what its worth, it dropped off a boss (some undead general dude).

That Bone Slicer is a quest reward for the "Undead Legion". I'm guessing that's where you got it?

Revengeance said:
Ok, so I finally returned my copy and got a fresh one, no problems.

I posted this question a page or so ago, but never really got an answer - how is the loot divvied in split screen coop? It seems to me that whoever presses start, and initiates the game gets the lion's share of the loot, with the other player getting jack and shit.

Is this just us?

Make sure when joining a game (generally Free World ones) the host goes into Start -> Server Options and puts everyone on the same team. Then items pretty much round-robin.

Cahill said:
Make sure when joining a game (generally Free World ones) the host goes into Start -> Server Options and puts everyone on the same team. Then items pretty much round-robin.

THANK YOU!!! <3

I have like 3 different characters running with three different people, all local play, so this was pretty important to me.

antispin

I have a basic question, would appreciate some clarity -- of these two versions: PC and 360, which one would you recommend? Purely in terms of stability and bugs. Has the PC version been sufficiently patched?

Kauza

antispin said:
I have a basic question, would appreciate some clarity -- of these two versions: PC and 360, which one would you recommend? Purely in terms of stability and bugs. Has the PC version been sufficiently patched?

As of right now, the PC version might be more stable. It did indeed receive a bunch of patches. The 360 version is currently suffering from some character corruption, though that (among other minor issues) is expected to be fixed in a patch that will be coming any day now.

antispin

Kauza said:
As of right now, the PC version might be more stable. It did indeed receive a bunch of patches. The 360 version is currently suffering from some character corruption, though that (among other minor issues) is expected to be fixed in a patch that will be coming any day now.

Thanks.

Merguson

Banned
Hey guys, is there any news of a demo coming out for the Xbox 360? I would like to try this game out. I was just curious if there was a demo coming out so I don't have to go to blockbuster.

Cahill

Banned
Merguson said:
Hey guys, is there any news of a demo coming out for the Xbox 360? I would like to try this game out. I was just curious if there was a demo coming out so I don't have to go to blockbuster.

Haven't heard anything...

Kauza

Have any of the high elves (or anyone else for that matter) starting finding set pieces yet for Celdrahil's Pandemonium? I was checking out Sacred Wiki and, holy shit, it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

Do any of the HEs playing on 360 specialize in Delphic Arcania? I'm walking around with three pieces of the Adornments of the Ancestors set, but I'm realizing that I really don't want them since I'm focusing on Pyromancer. Anyway, if anyone wants them, just let me know.

Also, it's seeming more and more to me that Armor Lore is pretty much a requirement for any character, as so many of these set pieces are not only found at a higher level than your current level, but also higher than the max level (like set pieces at 225). The penalties, especially to movement speed, would be unbearable without a few points in armor lore.

Cahill

Banned
Kauza said:
Have any of the high elves (or anyone else for that matter) starting finding set pieces yet for Celdrahil's Pandemonium? I was checking out Sacred Wiki and, holy shit, it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

Yes. It's the set I'm after as well. Got the boots the other night... hey, it's a start.

Kauza

Cahill said:
Yes. It's the set I'm after as well. Got the boots the other night... hey, it's a start.

Good to hear! Now that I know what I'm going for, maybe the game will read my thoughts and start giving me what I want.

There are also some really nice sets that don't fall under any specific aspect, but I'm not sure I'd be able to give up the bonuses that you get to your combat arts.

Cornballer said:
You get all of the cool stuff. Dryad armor just looks goofy.

It just seems so decidedly un-dryadlike. Shouldn't your armor be made of leaves and bark?

EDIT: Well, there is one called Leaves and Twigs. Oddly enough, it doesn't really look much like leaves and twigs to me.

Phthisis

Hammer24 said:
- bought my first noble steed, forgot it while pestcontrolling some mobs, lost the rundown mare - think I´m better off on foot anyways... ;(

You can summon your mount back to you by using the top-most option in the radial menu. He'll show up on the map or come running to your position.

Kauza said:
It just seems so decidedly un-dryadlike. Shouldn't your armor be made of leaves and bark?
Yeah, stuff like this is a bit better, but unfortunately my skill selection calls for the USC-band reject outfit. Though with my regens running pretty low these days I might just use something else. The chestplate that jyettis found for me last night is godly. 500+ points of armor or something ridiculous like that. :lol

Kauza

Cornballer said:
Yeah, stuff like this is a bit better, but unfortunately my skill selection calls for the USC-band reject outfit. Though with my regens running pretty low these days I might just use something else. The chestplate that jyettis found for me last night is godly. 500+ points of armor or something ridiculous like that. :lol

Much better indeed. After all, what kind of Dryad wears pants?

FrankT

I've been working that cave we were doing last night and found another one of my set pieces (lucky too as it was in the chest on my last run heh). Got about half of them now. Anyhow it is a good spot for certain. I just have to get the timing down to clean my bags, but with my undead warriors keeping them busy it doesn't usually present too much of a problem. Hit 60 finally.

Over 100 hours already in on this game. An unbelievable gem on the consoles this gen to be certain. I really can't imagine how some people are 125+ at this point heh.

Loudninja

Jtyettis said:
I've been working that cave we were doing last night and found another one of my set pieces (lucky too as it was in the chest on my last run heh). Got about half of them now. Anyhow it is a good spot for certain. I just have to get the timing down to clean my bags, but with my undead warriors keeping them busy it doesn't usually present too much of a problem. Hit 60 finally.

Over 100 hours already in on this game. An unbelievable gem on the consoles this gen to be certain. I really can't imagine how some people are 125+ at this point heh.

On the PS3 version only 5 people are over 100.

I really, really want to play this game more but I won't risk losing another character. I hope that patch comes soon.

Cahill said:

When you are playing a game like this in local co-op, are you still able to do campaign quests? I'm a little confused by the difference between a free world game and campaign mode for local co-op.

GreekWolf

So, has anyone figured out a solution to the bugged Naval Port Undead quest?

Just like everyone else has experienced, whenever I enter the dungeon, the screen goes black and freezes my character. I've never had a problem teleporting back out, but now I'm stuck with three knuckleheads following me around, until I can somehow figure out how to complete the quest.

Any tips would be mucho appreciated.

Gowans

Jtyettis said:

GAH it will be mine a week Friday UK!!!!

Why is nobody talking about this, no podcasts, no anything :( Damn you press!

Artadius

GreekWolf said:
So, has anyone figured out a solution to the bugged Naval Port Undead quest?

Just like everyone else has experienced, whenever I enter the dungeon, the screen goes black and freezes my character. I've never had a problem teleporting back out, but now I'm stuck with three knuckleheads following me around, until I can somehow figure out how to complete the quest.

Any tips would be mucho appreciated.

That dungeon has another entrance in the desert area to the south. Have you tried to see if you can go in the back way and complete it? I havn't tried because I knew about this issue ahead of time and I have yet to take that quest.

GreekWolf

Artadius said:
That dungeon has another entrance in the desert area to the south. Have you tried to see if you can go in the back way and complete it? I havn't tried because I knew about this issue ahead of time and I have yet to take that quest.
I didn't know that, but I'll certainly try to find it on the map. Thanks a bunch!

News from the developer about the local co-op trading:

In the 360 version, it is in the patch submitted to MS. However, both players need to be logged in to an Xbox Live account to trade (this can be a silver account, which is free, or a gold account). Apparently, the PS3 is more complicated and will take more time before they have a local co-op patch.

FrankT

Artadius said:

Just tried this and I could get in the back way and kill 1 out 3, but you get to a point where it is black again and you can go no further. I hope this makes the patch.

Flyguy

I'm picking this up after work tonight (360 version). Any tips/pointers as far as character creation? Is there any consensus as far as best character class, ones to avoid, skills to get or avoid, etc?

Flyguy said:
I'm picking this up after work tonight (360 version). Any tips/pointers as far as character creation? Is there any consensus as far as best character class, ones to avoid, skills to get or avoid, etc?
nothing to add but im curious as well - specifically the class most like the Barbarian in D2.

Flyguy said:
Read through the tips in the OP. Take your time when picking skills or allocating skill points and runes. Use the SacredWiki if you have questions. Don't be afraid to start a new character, play with them for a few hours, then reroll once you get the hang of it. There's a ton of depth to the game, and it's a little daunting at first. You'll probably make a few mistakes here and there, so don't stress too much if you do.

Kauza

Cornballer said:
Take your time when picking skills or allocating skill points and runes.

This is especially important, as there's absolutely no "undo" like there is in similar games. Once you allocate a skill point or upgrade a combat art, it's done. There's no going back. So just be super careful with your button presses!

And the first few levels of each character go extremely quickly, so it might be worth it to try every character for a bit and see which one clicks with you. But keep in mind that your combat arts do change throughout the course of the game.

Thrakier

Very bad news for PS3 owners:

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/showthread.php?t=60163&page=2

"Ok guys, I got news about the "Player-Trade on a single console added. Both users have to be online for savegame verification. (only 360)" the PS3 trading system is a bit more complicate, than the XBOX version, and requires a lot more code. This function will not be implemented on the PS3 versions for the upcoming patch.
This function is indeed only for xbox for the moment. The PS3 will come later.

Greetings,
Stéphane."

Ok, so that sucks, I put my money on the PS3 patch for co op trading falling completley by the wayside. I can sort of live with that.

Is the PS3 receiving any sort of patch?

Sumidor

So quick question.. Is this game like Morrowind/Oblivion? I'm all about the lootwhoring. Also, how easy it to find someone to play co-op with? I know I could probably find the answers to these questions if I look through the thread.. but there's a lot of posts.

Petrie

Banned
Kauza said:

My level 36 that I lost was wearing 5 of the 7 pieces of that set, before I got hit with the savegame glitch. That's probably the part I was most upset to lose.

Kauza

Petrie said:
My level 36 that I lost was wearing 5 of the 7 pieces of that set, before I got hit with the savegame glitch. That's probably the part I was most upset to lose.

Are you going to start another pyro high elf once the patch comes out? If so, I'll gladly send any extras that I find your way.

Xevren

Kauza said:

I have a few pieces of it already for my HE, I dont have much interest in playing her though. Love my Seraphim!

I'm really amazed at the difference in difficulty levels when it comes to elite monsters. Nothing really phases me on silver but I got flat out 2 shot by some elites on gold on my 40 something Seraphim. Probably easier on co-op, I've only played solo though.

GreekWolf

Sumidor said:
So quick question.. Is this game like Morrowind/Oblivion? I'm all about the lootwhoring.
I don't think you can really shoehorn it into a single category, but I guess the best explanation would be that it's Diablo 2 set in a huge, free-form gameworld like Morrowind/Oblivion.

You can literally start a new game and take a level 1 character anywhere in the world that you want, just like in a MMO, but of course you won't survive for long in some of the more dangerous zones. There's really nothing else like it on consoles, at least nothing that I can think of.

Jtyettis said:
Just tried this and I could get in the back way and kill 1 out 3, but you get to a point where it is black again and you can go no further. I hope this makes the patch.
Thanks, you saved me a long trip down into Baghdad. I did figure out a solution to my three NPC tag-a-longs, that were triggered by the Naval Undead quest - just activate another questline from your menu, then take the knuckleheads out into the gameworld where they lose their invincibility and die fairly quickly.

These easter eggs crack me up. Close to Griffinborough, there's a tomb you can't enter, because Lara Croft has already cleaned out the place. :lol

Xevren said:
I'm really amazed at the difference in difficulty levels when it comes to elite monsters. Nothing really phases me on silver but I got flat out 2 shot by some elites on gold on my 40 something Seraphim. Probably easier on co-op, I've only played solo though.
Isn't there a limitation on entering Gold based on your character's level? I thought it was 60 or 100, but maybe I read that wrong.

Xevren

That's for the pc version I think. I went in at 33 on my Seraphim. It's not too bad, havent tried any bosses yet. Elites though...some are just rough. Orc elites especially. The jump in quality in your drops is just awesome though. Set pieces get a huge boost when you jump difficulties.

Petrie

Banned
Kauza said:
Are you going to start another pyro high elf once the patch comes out? If so, I'll gladly send any extras that I find your way.

I do plan to, though for the time being I decided to try something new with a necro build on a SW, as my 36 was actually my 3rd attempt at a solid build on a high elf, so I'm a bit burnt out on the early game with that class. Definitely appreciate that though.

On that note, my necro now has his shadow veil as a buff, and I've leveled it up a bit, it's almost unfair how powerful it is. The enemies almost never see me, and that is with the buff only at level 7 thus far.

Giard

I was wondering if any of you know this..
I'm making a Pyro HE, and thinking about getting Damage Lore as a skill.
I believe that once it would be mastered (level 75), Blazing Tempest (with Conflagration at least) would become even more powerful than it is right now. Also, it would improve the burn chances (and damage) of any other fire skills.

Would it be a good choice for a skill? Or am I interpreting Damage Lore wrong?
http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Damage_Lore

Really good game btw

Petrie

Banned
Giard said:
I was wondering if any of you know this..
I'm making a Pyro HE, and thinking about getting Damage Lore as a skill.
I believe that once it would be mastered (level 75), Blazing Tempest (with Conflagration at least) would become even more powerful than it is right now. Also, it would improve the burn chances (and damage) of any other fire skills.

Would it be a good choice for a skill? Or am I interpreting Damage Lore wrong?
http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Damage_Lore

Really good game btw

With my pyro build, I ended up determining there'd be better skills with a better payoff, but it depends what you're going for. I'm not sure about how damage lore works though.

Giard

Petrie said:
With my pyro build, I ended up determining there'd be better skills with a better payoff, but it depends what you're going for. I'm not sure about how damage lore works though.
May I ask what your pyro build is?
I've asked on Darkmatters.org, and it seems Damage Lore mastery will indeed increase burn damage. So I believe that my final build will be...

- Arrant Pyromancer Lore
- Concentration
- Arrant Pyromancer Focus
- Bargaining
- Delphic Arcania Focus
- Armor Lore
- Damage Lore
- Constitution
- Ancient Magic
- Shield Lore

Top Bottom