• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

I'm looking around other places, and it looks like more fixes are in than what are in the notes. Can anyone confirm these?

Free World - Mount is with you, rather than at your resurrect monument

Runemaster - Defaults to your class, not the Seraphim when choosing a rune to buy

+ All Combat Art Items work now

Cahill

Banned
Kauza said:
That reminds me of another funny mount-related bug. Actually, maybe it isn't a bug.

Basically, my friend and I were couch co-oping the other day, and he, like the buffoon that he is, got his unique mount killed. He's a Temple Guardian, so he gets that wheely machine. Anyway, I was playing with my Shadow Warrior, and right after his mount bit it, I used my rallied souls art, which brings guys back from the dead. Well, it happened to bring his mount back from the dead. So his mount started following us around as some sort of zombie machine. It was incredibly bizarre. To top it all off, once the skill ran out, the poor thing exploded in a mess of mechanical parts. Made it that much worse for my friend.

My bud did that with his own mount (he's a SW)... He's like "Fuck dude, my mount just died, but I res'd it..." LOL!

Cornballer - No info posted over there on the second patch, sorry.

Artadius

Kauza said:
That reminds me of another funny mount-related bug. Actually, maybe it isn't a bug.

Basically, my friend and I were couch co-oping the other day, and he, like the buffoon that he is, got his unique mount killed. He's a Temple Guardian, so he gets that wheely machine. Anyway, I was playing with my Shadow Warrior, and right after his mount bit it, I used my rallied souls art, which brings guys back from the dead. Well, it happened to bring his mount back from the dead. So his mount started following us around as some sort of zombie machine. It was incredibly bizarre. To top it all off, once the skill ran out, the poor thing exploded in a mess of mechanical parts. Made it that much worse for my friend.

lol, so awesome

Drek

From an Ascaron dev. on the official XB360 forums:

The PS3 patch is in progress and follows the Sony rules regarding timing etc.

Greetz
Tom

Anyone on here know what this means? Does Sony have some rule for how quickly you can release patches after a game's debut or something?

Loudninja

Drek said:
From an Ascaron dev. on the official XB360 forums:

Anyone on here know what this means? Does Sony have some rule for how quickly you can release patches after a game's debut or something?

I think they mean that Sony only updates on Thursdays.

SailorDaravon said:
Apparently these are the fixes in the patch:

· Player-Trade on a single console added

· Preparation for future DLC via the new implemented in-game marketplace added

· A change to the save game routine has been made to have a more secure way of modifying the save game data and avoid a loss of the user’s save game

· A fix for a teleport problem when entering a specific dungeon (“Undead Legion” quest)

· A fix for a calculation problem in the leaderbards has been added

· Changed the names of the invite option from “everybody”/”friends only” to “public”/“private”
Awesome, my copy should arrive on Monday, so it nice that the trade and save glitch will be fixed when my wife and I begin the game.

Artadius

Thrakier said:
WTF it tears with every step you take...look at 2:50...

I had to watch it exactly where you point out to really see what you're talking about. I'm glad stuff like that doesn't bother me. To have something like that ruin a game's experience for you would be hard to deal with. I'm not criticizing you, for this, everyone has their own standards and opinions. It's just sad that a game that does so many things right gets beat down for issues as minor (in my opinion) as screen tearing.

Thrakier said:

Yeah Towns run like shit sometime times, hell even out of town you get some bad slowdown and tearing, but man, i jsut dont give a shit when im playing this game. I have so much fun running around killing stuff and getting new loot, that a little slowdown doesnt bother me. It really depends on how much that stuff bothers you, im fairly lenient against tearing/slowdown/low frames in games like this, but you may not be.

oddly enough, i feel like my game is running worse after the patch, haha.

Edit: im not lenient about ALL graphical things either btw, texture popin pisses the FUCK out of me. how Epic gets away with it in there Engine is beyond me ( i guess cause their games are good :p ).

GreekWolf

Thrakier said:
It might be that I play with the camera zoomed in a bit, but I've never experienced that level of tearing in my 30+ hours of playing.

The only really noticeable issue I've encountered, is that framerate takes quite a hit in the large city of Griffinborough, but certainly not to the level of detracting from the experience.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
I've discovered a problem. Playing a Seraphim, and I have combat arts red diamond allotments for one of my specialties, but I cannot get the RT/LT to move the selection area from the default, which is the first group of choices listed, to the area in which I have the upgrade abilities. Has anyone else run into something like this? I'm sitting on 3 specialty upgrades, because I can't shift to the proper focus area to implement them...

Thrakier

GreekWolf said:
It might be that I play with the camera zoomed in a bit, but I've never experienced that level of tearing in my 30+ hours of playing.

The only really noticeable issue I've encountered, is that framerate takes quite a hit in the large city of Griffinborough, but certainly not to the level of detracting from the experience.

Probably. By the way, the German Mag Maniac gave the 360 Version 79% and the PS3 version 72% (due to worse framerate and tearing). Maniac is imo a highly reliable mag here, maybe the only one I would trust in such things.

Ricker

Thrakier said:

If you ever get the game,don't start a Temple Guardian hehe..his starting area is pretty bad for screen tearing,I died because of this the first time,looking around :lol ... but yeah,I got use to it and it bothers me a bit but everything else is so good to me that I can live with it and enjoy the game.

FrankT

I just got that Boneslicer(legendary from the quest that was bugged) at level 62. Heh, it makes for some nice dual wielding. The one hander I was using is 3 star but actually a little bit better on top end damage.

Petrie said:
Sure am. Won't be able to get on for about 8 hours though, headed into work in half an hour. GT: PetriesLastWord
Cool, sent you a FR. Not sure if I'll be on in 8 hrs, so if that doesn't work the weekend might be a better bet if you're around.

Cahill

Banned
tekumseh said:
I've discovered a problem. Playing a Seraphim, and I have combat arts red diamond allotments for one of my specialties, but I cannot get the RT/LT to move the selection area from the default, which is the first group of choices listed, to the area in which I have the upgrade abilities. Has anyone else run into something like this? I'm sitting on 3 specialty upgrades, because I can't shift to the proper focus area to implement them...

Not really following. Red diamonds (and the points) are only for Combat Arts. Not sure why you'd need to/try to trigger over to anything. The trigger stuff comes when you can learn a new Skill. If I'm not understanding you correctly, I apologize

Ricker

tekumseh said:

Ummm,did you hit modify when you are on the combat art you want and get to the other screen...to move from there to highlight and add a red diamond,you need to hit the right directional key and apply it like that...if that's what you mean...?

Dirtdog07

Neo Member
I've been reading this thread recently and it seems like you guys are having a great time playing this game. Decided I am gonna pick it up tomorrow. I have both PS3 and 360 and was wondering if there is a preferred console to play it on? Which one does Gaf seem to be playing more? Thanks

Kauza

Dirtdog07 said:
I've been reading this thread recently and it seems like you guys are having a great time playing this game. Decided I am gonna pick it up tomorrow. I have both PS3 and 360 and was wondering if there is a preferred console to play it on? Which one does Gaf seem to be playing more? Thanks

In terms of the community, it seems pretty even between 360 and PS3. As for preference, it seems like the PS3 version is a bit worse performance wise, and they've had some issues implementing co-op due to the PS3's online infrastructure. If you have both consoles, I'd suggest the 360 version, but I don't think there's going to be a huge difference.

I should specify that the co-op issues on PS3 only apply to couch coop. It's a problem with trading between characters in couch coop that a patch is expected for at some point.

Xevren

I have some set pieces that need a good home, I either have doubles of them or just not going to play the class its for. If anyone wants one just speak up. 360 by the way, I'm not asking for anything either but if you happen to get any Seraphim sets feel free to think of me.

Seraphim
Helm-Wisdom of the Celestial lvl 40

Chest
Niokaste's Robe lvl 60
Endjian's Chestpiece lvl 30
Garment of the Celestial lvl 45

Sleeves
Niokaste's Sleeves lvl 60

Shadow Warrior
Headgear of Graves lvl 50

Dryad
Chest
Armor of the Roots lvl 45

Shoulders
Daerwain's Epaulets lvl 60

Inquisitor
Gloves
Deylen's Loyalty lvl 30

If someone wants to know the stats on something specifically just say so.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Dirtdog07 said:

I really don't think you can go wrong with either version. I would go with the version that you have the most friends that may buy (or already own) the game. Both versions have problems and the 360 ( the version I own) seemed to have a big problem with the saved game corruption but that seems to have been patched. So really, you can't go wrong with either version.

Petrie

Banned
Xevren said:
I have some set pieces that need a good home, I either have doubles of them or just not going to play the class its for. If anyone wants one just speak up. 360 by the way, I'm not asking for anything either but if you happen to get any Seraphim sets feel free to think of me.

Shadow Warrior
Headgear of Graves lvl 50

If someone wants to know the stats on something specifically just say so.

I would love to grab this from you, though atm I don't have anything for a Seph.

Hammer24

Banned
tekumseh said:

Yes I´ve got the exact same glitch. Solution: save your character, go back to main menu, reload -> and voila its there.

Loudninja

This is what I got

High Elf:
Celdrahils Focus level 45

Seraphim:
Endijians Relics level 45

Shadow Warrior:
Dederans Bluff Level 45

Regular armor
Seraphim:
Privateers durable Wings:
Level 38
Armor 37
Bronze socket

By the way I have the PS3 version.

Petrie

Banned
Ricker said:
Carrier Imp is up...free if you have the pre-order code and 240 MSP if not...works for all characters.

I'm actually debating paying the $3 for this. How much extra will it hold? Does it offer any other benefit?

Mashing

I was going to buy the PC version of this game, but I can't find it in stores. I'm deathly afraid of the console versions because of the showstopping bugs (I'm sure the PC version has it's share of bugs, but it's much easier to backup data on PC than on consoles). That save game bug in particular. Does the first patch fix that?

Cahill

Banned
Mashing said:
I was going to buy the PC version of this game, but I can't find it in stores. I'm deathly afraid of the console versions because of the showstopping bugs (I'm sure the PC version has it's share of bugs, but it's much easier to backup data on PC than on consoles). That save game bug in particular. Does the first patch fix that?

Yes. There were a lot of small fixes/changes that weren't mentioned as well. I noticed several things last night while playing... and a second patch (not sure what it does) is in for Cert with MS already as well.

I haven't quite figured this out yet. Does this game use the convention of giving items a color to initially give you an idea of how rare/good it is? Every item I have picked up so far has been white. Did they replace using colors with using stars? As of now, it is difficult to know whether something I picked up is worth a damn without stopping and looking at the stats.

I hope I'm still early in the game and that's why everything is white. It's a simple convention, but it helps the looting process a lot.

Giard

PuMa said:
Bastard. That's the only one I'm missing from the Celdrahil set! :lol
You should send me half of the set, so we can be equals.

I'm betting yours are much higher level though

PhlivoSong said:
I haven't quite figured this out yet. Does this game use the convention of giving items a color to initially give you an idea of how rare/good it is? Every item I have picked up so far has been white. Did they replace using colors with using stars? As of now, it is difficult to know whether something I picked up is worth a damn without stopping and looking at the stats.

I hope I'm still early in the game and that's why everything is white. It's a simple convention, but it helps the looting process a lot.
Yep, the star system is being used. It's a common complaint.

Cahill

Banned
PhlivoSong said:

Colors were removed. All star-based loot now.

Top Bottom