• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Cahill

Banned
Shoogoo said:
Thanks, I bolded the part that I still don't understand.

1/ optimise the rune?
2/ the lenght of the animation?
3/ what does increase exactly?

Also, are runes the only way to go to learn combat arts?

As you level, put points into things like Concentration, Focus etc, the regens will decrease meaning you can pop a couple tasty morsels (Runes).

Length of animation is the time it takes to cast. In the case of your TG, at lower levels he's slow as shit so you got like 30 seconds for each animation of his. (that's a joke BTW I just don't like his wind-up of every cast). If you get attack and/or cast speed increases the animations actually go faster... so for example a melee character that starts normal will look almost like they're moving in high-speed when attacking.

Usually Runes increase damage. If you're on your Combat Art page, and highlight one of the spells (arts) then press Right Bumper you'll get the details of the Art. It will tell you your current stats (lvl, damage, etc) and also what will happen if you bring it up a level through gear or eating another rune (says Next level and has similar stats) Good bet is for arts you use a lot and want to spam, keep then under 2 seconds WITH BUFFS ON at first. Usually they will be higher than that which is why people say only eat one rune. There's a lot of factors later such as those I mentioned earlier (Conc and or Focus) regen on hit, half regen time etc that will allow you to chomp more runes.

Also, you guys are welcome to shoot me a FR as well. Tag: Cahill

Current lvls are:

73 Ser (Melee - Plat)
75 HE (Cast Ice/Fire mix - Plat)
59 SW (Melee but use Skeletons heavily - Plat)
47 TG (Melee - thought he was in his 50's when I last posted the list.. was incorrect - Gold)
50 Inq (Cast w/Range - Gold)
15 Dry (don't use - Silver)

Flyguy

Armor Lore is another good skill for reducing regen times. AL is pretty much a must for all chars, IMO. Also, make sure before you eat a rune that you get a full level out of it. Go to the CA screen and see what the next level in a CA is. If it's a decimal, such as 8.5 and you're currently at 8, you need to level the focus in that aspect to get a full level out it. Eating a rune would get you half the benefit of the additional level, but you'd have the full regen penalty.

Cahill

Banned
Also, please note that when you level up you get several things...

You get Points to put into your stats such as Strength, Stamina, Vitality and you get Skill Points to put in to your 10 Skill Choices. At levels 2, 3, 5, 8, 12, 18, 25, 35, 50 and 65 you get to pick a new skill. Right Trigger cycles through the pages of skills (Defensive, Offensive etc). If some are greyed out you must pick another in that skill tree and put 5 skill points into it before the others will unlock. The skills you pick are probably the most important choices you will make in the game. There's no way to undo them and a wrong choice means a wasted slot and possibly screwing up your character later. You only ever get 10...

Here's a list of all skills.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Skills

"Primary choice for" means they can pick the skills right off the bat. "Secondary choice for" means you must pick another skill in the tree and put the 5 points into it. Not all characters can learn all the skills (for example Shadow Warrior can never learn enhanced perception)

Also, read up on Combat Art modification since they will be based on your skill choices in many cases:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Combat_Art_Modifications

yamo

Think i'm gonna order this for the pc, found it for 99 sek ~ $12.

Too bad the steam version is still 49.99 euro, otherwise I could have downloaded and played it tonight. ;(

Jirotrom

lilljolle said:
Think i'm gonna order this for the pc, found it for 99 sek ~ $12.

Too bad the steam version is still 49.99 euro, otherwise I could have downloaded and played it tonight. ;(
$12! where!

Cahill

Banned
Shoogoo said:
http://www.mymemory.co.uk/PC-Games/Microsoft/Sacred-2:-Fallen-Angel-(PC-DVD)?affid=24880

Thanks for your help guys! It's a bit more clear now, but I have still a long way to go before I understand it all. More questions :)

what's those sockets on the weapons?
why everything is either bronze silver and gold in this game? very confusing! :lol

Weapons all have a modifier (grey) on them. For Ice/Fire/Poison... you'll get items such as Chunks of Lava, Poison Fang and Ice Crystals. These can be merged in to convert some of the damage to element.
Armor and Weapons can also have Bronze, Silver and Gold slots... runes, rings and amulets can be merged into them for added benefit. Higher quality slots give better results (along with blacksmithing if it wasn't screwed up so bad on the console). So if you have an amulet with +25 Attack and +25 Defense, when placed into a gold slot it will become say, +30 to both. Note that if an item has multiple slots you may pick one to remove at a blacksmith. All other items are destroyed.

Cahill

Banned
Shoogoo said:
Thanks. Why is blacksmithing screwed on consoles?

Supposed to allow you to merge rings into Bronze slots and Amu's into Silver slots w/ blacksmithing but you can't. Also, you don't get the price reduction. You do still get higher stats with it though.

Cahill

Banned
Flyguy said:
How you doing on the achievements, Cahill?

Hmmm... still got a bunch left (at 40 of 48). Temples/Quests/Cities, get to Niob (almost there w/ my elf). Not really gonna bother concentrating on the rest of what I need till I get a couple folks into Niob and the last 2 into Plat. Then I guess I'll pick one char and finish em off.

Crap I just noticed looking I never put any full set on. LOL! Man gonna have to fix that one tonight. I usually mix a set w/ regular items or two sets together.

Flyguy

I need the temple and city achievements too. I may never get survivalist. I die too much. I think Tomb Raider might be glitched for me because I read every grave stone I run across and I still haven't gotten it.

Cahill

Banned
Flyguy said:
I need the temple and city achievements too. I may never get survivalist. I die too much. I think Tomb Raider might be glitched for me because I read every grave stone I run across and I still haven't gotten it.

Man I was so pissed. I had it with my Seraphim and then got one shot by
the fog in the third fight
... only time I died. Then with my third roll Inquisitor I had it and got killed by
the end Inquisitor from his Callous Execution (the dick) just before he died
. Then the
4th Unnamed (robot)
took out my Temple Guardian 2 hits away from dying. Finally got it w/ my SW with no problem.

Flyguy

Cahill said:
Man I was so pissed. I had it with my Seraphim and then got one shot by
the fog in the third fight
... only time I died. Then with my third roll Inquisitor I had it and got killed by
the end Inquisitor from his Callous Execution (the dick) just before he died
. Then the
4th Unnamed (robot)
took out my Temple Guardian 2 hits away from dying. Finally got it w/ my SW with no problem.
I've died at the hands of all of those one time or another. The
third mist
has inexplicably killed me a couple times. I'm still not sure how they happened. One second I'm standing with full health, and the next second I'm at a resurrection monument. I usually die multiple times to the final
Unnamed One
. I don't mind dying several times in a short time-frame, but it's sickening to die when you have a decent SB going. At some point I'll roll a dark SW. I think that's my only hope of beating it without dying, and I'll also get the Dark Lord achievement.

chogidogs

guys my friend is planning to buy an Australian copy of the game (r3 i think)

Can anybody confirm if we would be able to play together if we have copies of the game from different regions?

Mine is R1 btw

AkuMifune

Banned
chogidogs said:
guys my friend is planning to buy an Australian copy of the game (r3 i think)

Can anybody confirm if we would be able to play together if we have copies of the game from different regions?

Mine is R1 btw

Hah! That's funny I came to ask the same thing. Any ideas?

Though my brother and I have wildly different gaming tastes we like to play online RPG's together when possible. We actually enjoyed Fable 2 together if you can believe that.

Anyway, I chose this as our next game and am pretty sure we should have no issues, though I'll be playing the Asian version in Taiwan and he will be playing the redneck version in Arkansas.

chogidogs

AkuMifune said:
Hah! That's funny I came to ask the same thing. Any ideas?

Though my brother and I have wildly different gaming tastes we like to play online RPG's together when possible. We actually enjoyed Fable 2 together if you can believe that.

Anyway, I chose this as our next game and am pretty sure we should have no issues, though I'll be playing the Asian version in Taiwan and he will be playing the redneck version in Arkansas.

Yeah, we're kinda holding off on buying the second copy until we're completely sure

Hammer24

Banned
As I imported my version of the game to have it earlier, and can play with friends wothout trouble, I think its no problem.

Q: How much does enhanced perception help to get better loot, especially runes? Finally started a 2nd character, and the rune drops are still as bad as with my Sera. Bad as in: irregular, and mostly ones for other chars.

Q: For the no trade achievement, I can still SELL to traders, and exchange runes - just not buy anything -- is that right?

GreekWolf

Alright guys, I'm about to tear my hair out here. Even with several hundred hours played, and countless points invested into both bargaining and perception, I cannot for the life of me score a lightsaber. Not even one.

It's the last remaining holy grail for my Temple Guardian, who requires the ultimate cyber weapon to complete his technical modules set.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE PITY ON ME? I WILL TRADE ANYTHING YOU WANT :lol

Cahill

Banned
GreekWolf said:
Alright guys, I'm about to tear my hair out here. Even with several hundred hours played, and countless points invested into both bargaining and perception, I cannot for the life of me score a lightsaber. Not even one.

It's the last remaining holy grail for my Temple Guardian, who requires the ultimate cyber weapon to complete his technical modules set.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE PITY ON ME? I WILL TRADE ANYTHING YOU WANT :lol

They're glitched (at least on the 360 supposedly). I don't have any, but people report they will lock up the game with the character they're on. Some people aren't even able to select the character any more. Probably a good thing you don't have one.

Hammer, that's correct (not sure about runes though). I even bought a horse and still got it. Think it's just regular traders.

I have it on the 360 and play it off the disc without many problems. I have logged over 70 hours and I've only had it freeze one time. The only slow down I've experienced is when I purposely let many mobs form up to wipe them all out at once by spamming my HE's Blazing Tempest. It's a very addictive game that has many merits and is well worth playing.

Help appreciated! I don't normally get stuck and in this game it's hard to with the markers but I can't seem to get over to a main story quest marker....

On the Dryad Island, how the deus do I get to the story quest on that little seperate island? I've tried to use the boat I've arrived on, tried running to the nearest piece of land on the island to it but there was no bridge or boat, and tried running all the way north through the various towns/shrines to see if there was something there to help me. How do I get over there?!

Any help will be much appreciated!

Xevren

Pretty sure a bridge links northeast of that first dryad town on the coast to one of those islands, then you can just follow the coast south to do your island hopping to get to the one you need to. Just follow the coast to find the bridge. (Pretty sure its a bridge :p)

I found a bridge NE from the starting town and did round the coast south east as you say. I went as far down as I can go where it lips out and is the closest point to the island I need to get to but there was no bridge to link me over.

Cahill

Banned
SquallASF said:
I found a bridge NE from the starting town and did round the coast south east as you say. I went as far down as I can go where it lips out and is the closest point to the island I need to get to but there was no bridge to link me over.

On the right side of the main island I believe about midway up is a patch of land in the water you can cross. Looks like water still, but lighter in color.

Ahh, I had thought of that and tried in a few spots I 'thought' were a different shade haha It was pretty late so I guess I was tired and not at my brightest :| Thank you very much and I will try it as soon as I get a chance to play again!

Ricker

Ok guys,just hit 50 and just to make sure,if I want to keep on going the Devout way,with Deathly Spears and Dedicated blow as my main damage/tank way,what should i choose as my next skill...and how come there's no Devout Guardian Lore,like the 2 others(warden and Lost Fusion)?...here is what I look like so far:

9acyle.jpg

zx3513.jpg

33cwxhx.jpg

I know I messed up a bit at first so that's why I want to make the last 2 skill count...

Mashing

GreekWolf said:

That set sucks. Wear Shadow/Tormentor set or XTM set. XTM set is the shit. I'm spec'd lost fusion and I don't like the technical set because it has so few armor slots. Lightsabres (from something I read) only show up at low levels (like level 15).

Ricker: The devout guardian lore is called Tactic's Lore (no idea why they changed it). If you want more damage on your Devout skills, that's not a bad choice for one of your last skills. I do quite a bit of damage on my LF build (with deathy spears and dedicated blow my only two devout skills). Even with TL my DS still carve up bosses.

However, you should not have picked lore/focus for all three aspects. It takes up too much skill slots, and you don't have an armor skill (which is going to be required for niob)

bengraven

Was hoping to get this on console so I could play with my wife, but if the framerate is really as horrible as you're saying I'll stick with my 60fps on PC, thanks.

Effect

SquallASF said:
I have it on the 360 and play it off the disc without many problems. I have logged over 70 hours and I've only had it freeze one time. The only slow down I've experienced is when I purposely let many mobs form up to wipe them all out at once by spamming my HE's Blazing Tempest. It's a very addictive game that has many merits and is well worth playing.

Nice. Thanks. Still waiting for the price to drop or find it used at a lower price. Bought to many games recently but do want to play this as I enjoyed the original.

Cahill

Banned
Ricker... dude that's a lot of slots taken for Aspect Focus/Lore. Should strongly consider Armor lore, Constitution, Toughness and Tactics Lore for the last 2.

Just a suggestion but you way want to get some defense Skills on him bud. Pretty sure since you don't have Warding Energy he will get creamed in Plat/Niob since his shield will drop fairly quickly. Also, may want to start bumping your sword lore if you do any melee since that will be the source of your attck/chance without a Lore for Devout.

Some characters don't get a Lore for each Aspect. Munch some runes.. ;)

Edit: Correction on the bold. No crit chance with sword. Mixed it up with tactics.. Attack Chance and Speed, not Critical... sorry.

I recently have opened my final skill slot but haven't decided what to throw in there. I was going to do Toughness but it appears that HE's cannot learn that skill? I at least do not see it as an option. Might have to go with Combat Discipline as there's nothing else worth learning unless I want riding which I could care a less about. I'm an absolute beast at dealing damage and regen, my only weakness is defense which is why I'd have loved Toughness. I just added Constitution last time and am slowly pumping a point in each level but I'm namely focusing on the pyro lore/focus and making sure I get ancient magic and concentration up each level.

For the high level people, would it be in my interest to keep pumping points into pyro lore and focus after I get them to 75? or should I use that mastery as a stopping point to start pumping more points into other attributes? I need to start getting more points into armor lore at some point.

Cahill

Banned
SquallASF said:
I recently have opened my final skill slot but haven't decided what to throw in there. I was going to do Toughness but it appears that HE's cannot learn that skill? I at least do not see it as an option. Might have to go with Combat Discipline as there's nothing else worth learning unless I want riding which I could care a less about. I'm an absolute beast at dealing damage and regen, my only weakness is defense which is why I'd have loved Toughness. I just added Constitution last time and am slowly pumping a point in each level but I'm namely focusing on the pyro lore/focus and making sure I get ancient magic and concentration up each level.

For the high level people, would it be in my interest to keep pumping points into pyro lore and focus after I get them to 75? or should I use that mastery as a stopping point to start pumping more points into other attributes? I need to start getting more points into armor lore at some point.

List all your skills if you don't mind. Make it easier to help ya pick... and you are correct, HE's can't learn Toughness

Also, not sure how others do it, but I try to at least keep my main art at my level even after mastering it. Generally will stop and concentrate on lower one's besides that though.

Lets see how well I can remember from work haha Well for starters, I believe I'm around level 65 now.

Pyro lore: same level as character
Pyro focus: same level as character
Concentration: in the mid to upper thirties
Armor Lore: 10 I believe, though possibly 15...think it's 10 though
Ancient Magic: same as concentration
Bargaining: 5 or 10 (this was a waste as I don't buy anything going for the Scrooge achieve.)

Enhanced Perception: 10 (have all my relics dedicated to this so it's much higher)
Constitution: 9

This makes 8 skills with a ninth just opened up. There's nine total right? or am I forgetting one?

Cahill

Banned
SquallASF said:
Lets see how well I can remember from work haha Well for starters, I believe I'm around level 65 now.

Pyro lore: same level as character
Pyro focus: same level as character
Concentration: in the mid to upper thirties
Armor Lore: 10 I believe, though possibly 15...think it's 10 though
Ancient Magic: same as concentration
Bargaining: 5 or 10 (this was a waste as I don't buy anything going for the Scrooge achieve.)

Enhanced Perception: 10 (have all my relics dedicated to this so it's much higher)
Constitution: 9

This makes 8 skills with a ninth just opened up. There's nine total right? or am I forgetting one?

There's 10... maybe take Delphic Arcania focus. Expel Magic and Grand Invigoration are awesome on ANY HE.

Grand is a buff with absolutely no penalty to CAs so you can munch as many runes as the max LVL will allow.

SpokkX

Are there not any performance patches for this game for 360 yet?

After the eurogamer videos I am really surprised that the game renders 1080p internally when displaying in 1080p and 720p...

and when playing in 480p it renders in 720p internally.. and is totally smooth?!!

why cant the game render internally in 720p when displaying in 720p? surely this would be patchable

Ricker

Cahill said:
Ricker... dude that's a lot of slots taken for Aspect Focus/Lore. Should strongly consider Armor lore, Constitution, Toughness and Tactics Lore for the last 2.

Just a suggestion but you way want to get some defense Skills on him bud. Pretty sure since you don't have Warding Energy he will get creamed in Plat/Niob since his shield will drop fairly quickly. Also, may want to start bumping your sword lore if you do any melee since that will be the source of your attck/chance without a Lore for Devout.

Some characters don't get a Lore for each Aspect. Munch some runes.. ;)

Edit: Correction on the bold. No crit chance with sword. Mixed it up with tactics.. Attack Chance and Speed, not Critical... sorry.

Yeah about the defense...that's what's killing me for the Bosses,my Hitpoints go down way too fast on Bosses,I litterally had to use about 100 health potions to kill them and some I couldn't even do myself on Silver...and some Elites,or those myst like guys I started seeing now in the Jungle area are murder...so that's why i'm debating putting more points in Tactics Lore or more stuff for to raise my defense.

I really really need to get back into this game. I've missed it but it simply is a huge beast!... and SQUALLASF! I'm totally spying on your empty cubicle now. Hope that lunch is delicious!:lol :D

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Stopped playing this game a while ago due to Red Faction. Going to try and get back into it today. I remember having some great fun with it. Also it's a great podcast game.

Cahill

Banned
Ricker said:
Yeah about the defense...that's what's killing me for the Bosses,my Hitpoints go down way too fast on Bosses,I litterally had to use about 100 health potions to kill them and some I couldn't even do myself on Silver...and some Elites,or those myst like guys I started seeing now in the Jungle area are murder...so that's why i'm debating putting more points in Tactics Lore or more stuff for to raise my defense.

Defense. If you decide to continue with him and not start another TG, I really think you will need defense to get anywhere in the higher difficulties... especially if you're in silver still. I imagine it will be extremely frustrating later as mobs will kill you quickly and bosses will simply one shot you.

Did you mod Combat Alert to be the perm buff? That would help a bit.

Not sure what you can do now really. At the least you will need Armor lore. For the final you can take a chance on Warding Energy Lore to try and get your shield to take more damage and keep ya alive but you also don't have Constitution which I also consider required (Raises HP and HP regen)... additionally, taking Warding Lore as a last skill you're going to cripple your dude for the next "X" amount of levels trying to get it up to actually make a difference... and even if it does later mobs (if you draw large groups farming) will still wipe it out and you'll drop fast.

Cahill said:
There's 10... maybe take Delphic Arcania focus. Expel Magic and Grand Invigoration are awesome on ANY HE.

Grand is a buff with absolutely no penalty to CAs so you can munch as many runes as the max LVL will allow.

Ahh yes I do have that, so I do already have 9. I picked it up for Grand Invigoration but I only pumped 5 points into it I think? Enough to mod it twice. I need to get more points into it because all the runes I've consumed has made the level too high and it's only getting a fraction of the benefit. So add that in the mix and I still have that final 10th slot, any suggestions? Everything left seems pretty worthless. I don't remember what Expel Magic does, I only use Delphinic for GI. I do use shadow step to cross rivers, fences, and mountain passes faster though :) If I had a beastly defense I'd feel like I'm in GOD mode or something haha

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Sitting on ebay for awhile paid off. Finally got the 360 version of this game on the way for $35 shipped.
Looking forward to digging into this.

It's quite addicting :) I want to say I've seen you in the SO4 thread? Still need to finish that...stopped playing it for this. I'm in the final damn area too and VASTLY overleveled so should probably just mop it up.

Ricker

So I took Armor Lore and I had 19 points left so I put a bunch in that,a few to raise my sword damage and all but I still can't beat "Xanthiar",that dragon Boss that's part of the main quest...I had to run away.And from what I heard about the last Boss fight in the campaign,i'm not out of the woods soon...oh well i'm not starting over,i'll make some open games and whish for the best hehe.

EDIT: Finally got him,all by myself and 2 runbacks hehe...I feel better now,thanks for the tips guys,I guess Armor Lore and using Combat Alert more helped a lot...and tons of potions ;P

Cahill

Banned
SquallASF said:
Ahh yes I do have that, so I do already have 9. I picked it up for Grand Invigoration but I only pumped 5 points into it I think? Enough to mod it twice. I need to get more points into it because all the runes I've consumed has made the level too high and it's only getting a fraction of the benefit. So add that in the mix and I still have that final 10th slot, any suggestions? Everything left seems pretty worthless. I don't remember what Expel Magic does, I only use Delphinic for GI. I do use shadow step to cross rivers, fences, and mountain passes faster though :) If I had a beastly defense I'd feel like I'm in GOD mode or something haha

Expel magic debuffs enemies, has a high chance to fear and pretty much keeps you safe in a buffer during potentially bad situations. :) Even bosses don't like it. The red fire rings some enemies shoot at you dissolve mid-air and pose no threat as do rocks/boulders. Modded it adds chance to block any magic attacks.

Here's the description from the wiki: "The High Elf has the power to dispel the magic of others. She is able to instantly remove any magical enhancement from the weapons of her opponents. Banishes weaker spells within its range and instills fear in nearby opponents."

..and don't worry bout Grand being fractional since there's no downside but yeah, I'd pump some points into Focus since Grand is a great help... I mean, free HP and regen bonus...

As for the last one... Hmm... probably Shield Lore (I took it) Will help with Defense and although I'd gather some people don't care, mastery grants block chance for close combat. Less hits is always good IMO.

Ricker said:
oh well i'm not starting over,i'll make some open games and whish for the best hehe.

EDIT: Finally got him,all by myself and 2 runbacks hehe...I feel better now,thanks for the tips guys,I guess Armor Lore and using Combat Alert more helped a lot...and tons of potions ;P

Ricker... this was on Silver, right? ...going to be a rough ride in higher levels my friend ;) I'm guessing by your post you didn't make Combat Alert a buff? Which mods did you take on it, if any yet? I can help you get through Silver if you want. I have a few characters in your LV range. TG, Inq and SW. The shadow warrior will plow through your game (my Guidon will help you a LOT) but it might be fun to have a couple TG's running since I don't use him often. I'm usually on ~7 Eastern time. Shoot me a FR if you'd like (360 version): Cahill

Top Bottom