• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Spike6663

What's your divine gift? Maybe that will help you?

The biggest trouble I've had with any boss so far is the Tree Guardian dude in the south west of the Dryad Island. We had 4 Seraphims all at lvl 42 and still couldn't kill the git before he regened to full health.

GreekWolf

lastplayed said:
I'm having a bit of trouble with the Octagolamus with my level 36 Dryad. Should I wait till I'm a higher level?

I'm pulling him out of the water and can drain about 10% of his health but he always heals back up to 100% again, my bow has magic damage but I'm guessing it's not enough.
Highlighted the problem.

Mod that bow (or a blowgun) with fire damage, either through rings/pendants... or else use a chunk of lava piece to convert a portion of your current dmg into fire.

Spike6663 said:
The biggest trouble I've had with any boss so far is the Tree Guardian dude in the south west of the Dryad Island. We had 4 Seraphims all at lvl 42 and still couldn't kill the git before he regened to full health.
He resurrects three times, I believe. Fire dmg also works very well.

Before leaving the island, be sure to drop by and say hello to the cloaked Dryad dragon. I can never seem to get a party together who can even hit him. :lol

orion434

lastplayed said:
I'm having a bit of trouble with the Octagolamus with my level 36 Dryad. Should I wait till I'm a higher level?

I'm pulling him out of the water and can drain about 10% of his health but he always heals back up to 100% again, my bow has magic damage but I'm guessing it's not enough.

I forget what he's weak to... but you can always socket Magic / Ice / Fire / Poison to your weapon. Also Dryad's are untouchable with a Blowgun... especially with Lifeleech, arrows can miss the Blowgun doesn't, though there is a bug with mounted enemies, I think they fixed that though.

Cool thanks for the help. I don't find many fire damage modifiers though, I have more than enough ice and magic, but hardly find any poison or fire.

I'll give the blowgun a try, I've sort of overlooked it so far.

orion434

lastplayed said:
Cool thanks for the help. I don't find many fire damage modifiers though, I have more than enough ice and magic, but hardly find any poison or fire.

I'll give the blowgun a try, I've sort of overlooked it so far.

Blowguns + mods to Combat Arts that add extra attacks = Automatic Fire. Add to that 0.x Regeneration per hit from rings and such and it's even easier to keep the fire continous. Darting Assault & Ravaged Impact have mods that add an extra projectile so you're hitting 2 & 4 so if you have + 1.0s Regeneration per hit you can keep the Regeneration Time 2.5s & 4.5s and have still have 0 regeneration time.

It's kinda hard to find a decent Blowgun... they drop on occasion in the Jungle.

Mashing

GreekWolf said:
Highlighted the problem.

Mod that bow (or a blowgun) with fire damage, either through rings/pendants... or else use a chunk of lava piece to convert a portion of your current dmg into fire.

He resurrects three times, I believe. Fire dmg also works very well.

Before leaving the island, be sure to drop by and say hello to the cloaked Dryad dragon. I can never seem to get a party together who can even hit him. :lol

Is that the Dragon in the bigass cave? I don't remember him being cloaked. Maybe my EP saw through his cloak.

Just picked this up for £9 (kinda annoying as I found it for £5 the next day!) but yeah after the massive 1GB update downloaded i was off!

Maybe I messed up as it does drop you in and says off you go but I was level 6 by the time I got to the real main town with a blacksmith and such :lol

Fun game though im still trying to get my head around things one thing that does irk me is the voice of my dude saying either really dumb things or really annoying ones.. can I mute the bugger? Other than that its good fun.

jkanownik

Johnlenham said:
Fun game though im still trying to get my head around things one thing that does irk me is the voice of my dude saying either really dumb things or really annoying ones.. can I mute the bugger? Other than that its good fun.

Play as a Temple Guardian. Pure comedic gold. It never gets old.

Cant0na

Banned
Is there a Glitch on one of the bosses??

The giant squid thing you have to fight in one of the quests, i kept hitting it for 20 mins but his health would slightly go down and then kept coming back some how..... im stuck there right now

Shambles

The first levels fly by quite quickly. As you level up the levels take longer and longer. If you want to disable the cheesy lines go into your sound options and disable the commentary. If you're playing on the console version that option might not be available.

I noticed that lack of blowguns too. I ended up using a bow just because it was far easier to find even though the projectiles are much slower and hit far less often against strafing targets.

Cahill

Banned
Cant0na said:
Is there a Glitch on one of the bosses??

The giant squid thing you have to fight in one of the quests, i kept hitting it for 20 mins but his health would slightly go down and then kept coming back some how..... im stuck there right now

No that's right. Some bosses regenerate. Your damage isn't high enough yet, or you have the wrong element on. He's weakest to fire.

Cant0na

Banned
Cahill said:
No that's right. Some bosses regenerate. Your damage isn't high enough yet, or you have the wrong element on. He's weakest to fire.

great..........i have to grind now? just wanted to finish the main quest :(

Cahill

Banned
Cant0na said:
great..........i have to grind now? just wanted to finish the main quest :(

Well, I wouldn't say that as if it's the games fault per se. Depends really on your build, what you're using for weapon/CAs, your skills/gear and many other things... including, yes, your level in some cases.

If you can provide some info on your character maybe we can help?

Woo-Fu

Banned
30 minutes into Niob my dryad with 8000hp gets hit twice for 6950 each time. ow ow ow ow ow ow ow. Maybe I'll go back to platinum for awhile! :)

Woo-Fu

Banned
GreekWolf said:

I've found that if I hold down the RIGHT control key when firing I can blind fire without actually getting the attack cursor. That is how I killed that dragon.

If you can't do that on the console versions I've also read that a character with PE can hit invisible creatures like that.

GreekWolf

Mashing said:
Maybe my EP saw through his cloak.
Woo-Fu said:
If you can't do that on the console versions I've also read that a character with PE can hit invisible creatures like that.
Thanks for the advice, I wish I'd spent a few points in Perception.

My last group was a complete disaster. We had a Seraphim dancing around and swinging her swords at nothing, a Dryad standing motionless while shooting at the wall, and a Shadow Warrior just running around in circles like his pants were on fire. Two of them died, got pissed and disconnected.

I really need to stick to online matches with GAF'ers.

Cahill

Banned
GreekWolf said:
Thanks for the advice, I wish I'd spent a few points in Perception.

My last group was a complete disaster. We had a Seraphim dancing around and swinging her swords at nothing, a Dryad shooting at the wall, and a Shadow Warrior just running around in circles like his pants were on fire. Two of them died, got pissed and disconnected.

I really need to stick to online matches with GAF'ers.

Don't think you're on my friends list... I only play private games so I don't have to deal with that shit. I'd rather run around solo or with one other person than deal with the idiots.

GreekWolf

Cahill said:
Don't think you're on my friends list... I only play private games so I don't have to deal with that shit. I'd rather run around solo or with one other person.
I don't remember if my GT was added to the other thread. It's GreekWolf, just like the screename.

Give me a shout sometime this weekend. We'll nail that sucker yet!

Cahill

Banned
GreekWolf said:
I don't remember if my GT was added to the other thread. It's GreekWolf, just like the screename.

Give me a shout sometime this weekend. We'll nail that sucker yet!

Will do. I know I took him out on Gold with one other person (bastard flies all over the place)... he went in and out of cloak for us. Not sure about Plat.. is that what you're on, or Niob?

GreekWolf

Cahill said:
Will do. I know I took him out on Gold with one other person (bastard flies all over the place)... he went in and out of cloak for us. Not sure about Plat.. is that what you're on, or Niob?
Once in Plat and in Gold.

I'm thinking about trying him again with my TG, considering the splash damage from Spears was highly successful against the Banshee.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Well, I'm stopped at the octopod boss on Niob. My root range is within his attack range... and his normal attack takes off 95% of my HP and his electrical attack takes of 2x-3x my HP. :D Going to have to grind a bunch of levels if I want to get past this.

Cant0na

Banned
im stuck, Im on seraphim island (?) i think, its the one where theres lava flowing all over the place, and theres a castle where you can press like a control panel that makes the screen shake and the words "uh-oh" appears when you press it.......

The objective is to the right of the building and theres no way to go there.....HALP

No45

I bear glad tidings for you! ^_^

http://www.cdv-forum.com/cdvboard/english/showthread.php?t=60238

7/24/09

We just found out the new patch for the U.S version of Sacred 2 for the PS3 has been approved, so you should see the patch available as early as tonight or tommorow!

Enjoy!

NOTE: Because the patch was approved late Friday by Sony we did not get a changelog from Ascaron, and did not want to make the players wait until next week for the patch, so when we get a changelog next week I'll post it here.

Spike6663

What sorta level are you guys reaching Niob on? My highest level character is 58 right now and I'm not even sure if she's ready to attempt the campaign on Platinum.

Cahill

Banned
Spike6663 said:
What sorta level are you guys reaching Niob on? My highest level character is 58 right now and I'm not even sure if she's ready to attempt the campaign on Platinum.

I pushed my High Elf to Niob last night - LV 82 w/a 92% SB. Shadow Warrior will probably be lower (70 range). Ser should make it by 80. Inq will be higher. Just got to plat @ LV 65 with him... not touching Niob till 90 or so. BTW: Lowest junk drop in Niob seems to be 111.

The game wakes up a bit in Platinum. Characters can breeze through Silver/Gold, but once in plat I always re-spec their armor, start working on defense etc. for more survivability. I like Plat much, much more than Silver/Gold.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Spike6663 said:

I finished Platinum around 82. It really depends on how much sidequesting/grinding/farming you do. You could probably get to Niobium quite a bit earlier, particularly if you pick a class that has easy boss fights. The minim mob level in Niobium is 110.

I did all the sidequests on gold and tried to uncover as much of the map as possible to raise magic find. Doing that is where most of my levels came from.

At 82 I was doing Niobium fine until Octagolamus 1-hit my character(approx. 19,000 damage, character had approx. 8,000hp. He basically killed me 2.5 times with one attack, lol).

I went back to platinum and have been doing dragon runs in multiplayer to gain levels and farm loot, got me up to 100 pretty quickly. I could jump back into Niobium now and try Octo again, but I don't know if I want to risk my 85% survival bonus just yet. :p

Spike6663

Cheers guys! I think my 58 Ser needs some work before she starts working through Platinum. I've got a killer 47 Inq though who'll probably do the job earlier on.

Mashing

My 93 TG needs a challenge. One of the harder bosses in the game (Banshee) barely touched me, and it used to kick my ass hardcore. TG is ridiculously good against bosses.

Cahill

Banned
Loudninja said:
Waht un the hell is up with the
Orpheus quest
I mean I wanted to
save them but I killed them by accident :(

A few quests have different paths/options. Sometimes you can hit the B button and it will change what happens.

Ricker

Mashing said:
My 93 TG needs a challenge. One of the harder bosses in the game (Banshee) barely touched me, and it used to kick my ass hardcore. TG is ridiculously good against bosses.

Not sure what combat art aspect you guys went with and what not but my TG was horrible against the last few Bosses,on Silver...at level 57,I couldn't even bring the Rock Boss on the Dryad island(Facellteon or something) to half health and when Cahill came in with his Shadow Warrior,5 levels lower then me,he went down in like 30 seconds.I went with "trying"(key word here hehe) to tank with him to late I guess,Dedicated Blow and Deathly Spears being my main damage dealer,but almost useless on some Bosses.

And after finish the game and seeing the last Boss,there's no way I would of made it...oh well,still had a ton of fun with the game and if they add some content at some point,I might give it a new run with a brand new character next time around.

Cahill

Banned
Ricker said:
Not sure what combat art aspect you guys went with and what not but my TG was horrible against the last few Bosses,on Silver...at level 57,I couldn't even bring the Rock Boss on the Dryad island(Facellteon or something) to half health and when Cahill came in with his Shadow Warrior,5 levels lower then me,he went down in like 30 seconds.I went with "trying"(key word here hehe) to tank with him to late I guess,Dedicated Blow and Deathly Spears being my main damage dealer,but almost useless on some Bosses.

And after finish the game and seeing the last Boss,there's no way I would of made it...oh well,still had a ton of fun with the game and if they add some content at some point,I might give it a new run with a brand new character next time around.

Wait.. you're done with the game, as in, not playing any more?!? I gave you the swords figuring you were gonna chug right along into gold. *slaps forehead* D'OH! :lol

Ricker

Cahill said:
Wait.. you're done with the game, as in, not playing any more?!? I gave you the swords figuring you were gonna chug right along into gold. *slaps forehead* D'OH! :lol

No no,i'll keep playing hehe,I want to at least get him to level 65,for the last skill for sure,just not as much as before from now on...thanks for the stuff again also :D

I also want to retry my class quest,since it bugged out on me on Silver and could not get the reward.

Cahill

Banned
Ricker said:
No no,i'll keep playing hehe,I want to at least get him to level 65,for the last skill for sure,just not as much as before from now on...thanks for the stuff again also :D

I also want to retry my class quest,since it bugged out on me on Silver and could not get the reward.

Ah. Gotcha. No problem. Sorry bout the "What, what was that.. what" last night. Your voice was really quiet and my wife & daughter were playing games in the same room as I was.

Ninja.. pretty sure the reward is better (XP/Gold and maybe items) if you pick the other option but nothing to worry about. Not like they drop you rares or anything.

jkanownik

I love the masteries at Lvl75. It adds a spark of excitement.

My level ~40 Icy Evanescence + my wife's level ~50 Raging Nimbus are tearing up enemies on Platinum.

Last night when I came home she had gone through all the level 15 characters we had played to get the achievements and moved all of the runes into our hero chests. I now also have a high level Archimedes' Beam to finish off any elite characters that don't go down in the storm. It's much better at keeping my TG alive than the Jolting Touch + Deadly Spears combo I was using.

Loudninja

Thanks Cahill :D
snakeiox said:
i updated sacred on my ps3 anyone knows what does this update? im starting a tg =)

New Features
• Support for downloadable content has been added
• Trading between two players on the same console is now possible
• Added the 'Find me' option to the leaderboard

Bugfixes
• A rare crash was located and fixed
• AI related problems during the final boss encounter were fixed
• The fourth player joining a multiplayer session now correctly gains the 'Group Hug' achievement
• Player characters sometimes were not able to move after teleporting with a mount. This has been fixed.

Additonal Changes
• Improved player character responsiveness when using ranged weapons
• Improved player character responsiveness when using the Temple Guardians weapon arm
• Mounts will now appear along with the hero when joining a multiplayer session
• Medium potions will now drop for players of level 40 and above, major potions for players of level 80 and above
• Spiders using their web attack no longer cause graphical errors
• Some minor issues with voice chat and the block list have been fixed
• Some graphical issues with the world map have been corrected
• The inventory list will no longer scroll downwards when opened using the radial menu
• Action buttons are no longer shown when opening the radial menu and using the 'Static HUD' graphics option
• It is no longer possible to talk to friendly animals and hirelings
• It is no longer possible to talk to town NPCs in Spanish, Italian an Polish versions of 'Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel' since no localized voice data is available for these languages
• Players are now informed correctly when a controller is disconnected during gameplay

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, I finally decided to buy the game (PC version FYI), and I have alas hit a few snags.

First, the game CTDs without fail after a few minutes of play, which is of course irritating and even when it is in action, the gameplay shudders to a halt every 15 seconds or so. I am using the latest 2.4.3 patch and I suspect my Nvidia drivers (190.40) may be to blame but I wondered if anyone here suffered with similar issues?

It's more annoying because the game looks hot from what I have seen and I want to get out there whoring me some loot, heh.

Mashing

Are you using a multicore CPU (dual core, quad core)? If so, right click on your Sacred 2 icon on the desktop (or in the start menu), click on Properties, in the target: box add -nocpubinding on the end of it. It should look like this: "D:\Program Files (x86)\cdv Software Entertainment USA\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\system\sacred2.exe" -nocpubinding

That fixed A LOT of my CTD's. Also, do a search on the Sacred 2 forums for Sacred 2 Cleaner Utility. These two things together have eliminated 99% of my CTD's.

It could be audio drivers too, the game seems to be real finicky with some audio cards.

Edit: Oh and there is a major bug with 2.4.3 that will occur on Windows 7/Vista 64bit. You'll have to run the game in XP 32bit compatibility mode to work around this issue for now. I have XP 64bit and I didn't have any issue with this though. Right click on your Sacred 2 icon and the compatibility tab should be somewhere on it (not sure where it is exactly in Win7/Vista)

Woo-Fu

Banned
If you have a creative audio card on an nforce mobo this is one of the games you need to back down the acceleration slider. The very few cutscenes in the game stutter and have broken audio even with this "fix", but the game itself is playable and sounds just fine.

Make sure you update the game to 2.40 or 2.43 if you didn't do that right after install. The game has become much more stable for most people with these patches.

Top Bottom