• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Mr YuYu

How do i get my proprietary mount in this game? I have been playing for 17 hours now and i have no idea where to get it. thx in advance

Cahill

Banned
Mr YuYu said:
How do i get my proprietary mount in this game? I have been playing for 17 hours now and i have no idea where to get it. thx in advance

If you just play the main story line you'll go through the wall and then have to go to Orcish Byway. Once there, there's a person with a Quest. They have a yellow beam of light coming down from the sky to them... really hard to miss it it.

Fake Edit: Just did a search and found this on the wiki

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Unique_Mounts

Cant0na

Banned
Yo my friends forced me to get this so they can play co-op. Gameflys sending this, might arrive today/tomorrow.

Whats it like? Reviews say its shit but friends say its awesome. and is the game broken/crashes like the reviews say it does? is it gonna bork my 360?

enewtabie

Cant0na said:
Yo my friends forced me to get this so they can play co-op. Gameflys sending this, might arrive today/tomorrow.

Whats it like? Reviews say its shit but friends say its awesome. and is the game broken/crashes like the reviews say it does? is it gonna bork my 360?

I'm really interested in it myself since hearing Garnett gush about it. Never really played Diablo though.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I've been waiting for a Steam or Gamersgate sale for this game for almost a year now. I have a feeling it might never happen.

Cahill

Banned
Cant0na said:

The game is fine.. just install it first. I have several hundred hours into the game now and crashes are extremely rare. I generally save after I've been running around for a while to play it safe.

Also, as for "broken" there's a few annoyances/issues for sure, but (on the 360, not sure about the PS3) there's one actual problem that can stop your progress if you're not careful. I'm snipping it from another post I made in the thread:

Look at this map.

http://www.maplib.net/map.php?id=4184&lat=-53.2&lng=35.45&z=9

Bottom middle underneath the huge desert area is a boss (in red) "Kral of the Winged Demons".

Do not explore or click pillars underground in this area. If you go underground where he is and click the pillars before you fight him in the story first you will not be able to progress after you fight him.

eXistor

I kind of liked it. I didn't come close to finishing it though as the quests are tedious as all hell. After about 10 hours playing (singleplayer mind you) I was just about done with it and I haven;t played it since. There's just not enough incentive to keep playing for me. If you're gonna play it multiplayer, then I think you'd get your money's worth.

Ricker

Cahill said:
Ricker... this was on Silver, right? ...going to be a rough ride in higher levels my friend ;) I'm guessing by your post you didn't make Combat Alert a buff? Which mods did you take on it, if any yet? I can help you get through Silver if you want. I have a few characters in your LV range. TG, Inq and SW. The shadow warrior will plow through your game (my Guidon will help you a LOT) but it might be fun to have a couple TG's running since I don't use him often. I'm usually on ~7 Eastern time. Shoot me a FR if you'd like (360 version): Cahill

Yeah on Silver...I haven't been able/received any points to modify my CA in like 10 levels now and I don't think I modified Combat Alert at all,went with the buff in the Devout aspect,Dedicated Blow has the 3 mods and a few in Deathly Spears...If you are in the list from TeamXbox(the Sacred2member list) i'll add you from there later on today :)

Cahill

Banned
Ricker said:
Yeah on Silver...I haven't been able/received any points to modify my CA in like 10 levels now and I don't think I modified Combat Alert at all,went with the buff in the Devout aspect,Dedicated Blow has the 3 mods and a few in Deathly Spears...If you are in the list from TeamXbox(the Sacred2member list) i'll add you from there later on today :)

No, I'm not in the list. Generally only play (anything) with a bunch of real life friends...

GreekWolf

Cahill said:
They're glitched (at least on the 360 supposedly). I don't have any, but people report they will lock up the game with the character they're on. Some people aren't even able to select the character any more. Probably a good thing you don't have one.

Hammer, that's correct (not sure about runes though). I even bought a horse and still got it. Think it's just regular traders.
I've read this as well, which initially put me off from hunting one down. However, after chatting with several saber-wielding folks, none seem to have experienced these issues... which makes me wonder if it's been patched.

Whatever the case, I've recently scored a Sword of the Blood Dryads which I'm more than happy with.

Mashing said:
That set sucks. Wear Shadow/Tormentor set or XTM set. XTM set is the shit. I'm spec'd lost fusion and I don't like the technical set because it has so few armor slots. Lightsabres (from something I read) only show up at low levels (like level 15).
I never wear my TM set during grinds, it's just for 'free play' car shows. I'm currently getting a ton of mileage out of my GoL, which I have modded to the hilt. +20% exp and quad multipliers on all skills/arts (thank you, Empty Office quest!) . There's no feeling like gathering a horde of wasteland mobs, jabbing spears and watching your screen turn solid green :D

Cahill

Banned
GreekWolf said:
I've read this as well, which initially put me off from hunting one down. However, after chatting with several saber-wielding folks, none seem to have experienced these issues... which makes me wonder if it's been patched.

Whatever the case, I've recently scored a Sword of the Blood Dryads which I'm more than happy with.

I've gotten one Excalibran... currently on my Melee/Skellie SW. Got it a while ago and went HOLY SHIT!. Awesome sword.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Excalibran

I have a ton of Officer's Sabers (35 - 90) and don't really use em... even on my Melee Ser. I think I have a LV 35 and 85 or so Blood of the Dryad Sword. Also have only ever found one low-ish Serpents Tongue and no Ice Flash or Flame Smiter. Some of the drops seem really tough to get.

GreekWolf said:

I never wear my TM set during grinds, it's just for 'free play' car shows. I'm currently getting a ton of mileage out of my GoL, which I have modded to the hilt. +20% exp and quad multipliers on all skills/arts (thank you, Empty Office quest!) . There's no feeling like gathering a horde of wasteland mobs, jabbing spears and watching your screen turn solid green :D

Holy cow, you completed the Office quest? I just picked it up the last session or so and thought screw that! If it kept track of all the developers you already spoke to than I'd be well along the quest but it's too much to bear that I've went pretty much everywhere in the world and spoke to countless of these guys, some in very obscure places, only to learn I have to find them all again. If they could at least have marked where they are on the map by region it wouldn't be as bad.. Alas, I did not know what those exclamation people were for before I found the quest, I had a feeling they had quests but didn't realize it'd be one massive quest to connect them all!

GreekWolf

Cahill said:
I've gotten one Excalibran... currently on my Melee/Skellie SW. Got it a while ago and went HOLY SHIT!. Awesome sword.
Excellent! I've only ever seen one... and it was being flaunted by a Dryad, of all characters. I wanted to punch her.

SquallASF said:
Holy cow, you completed the Office quest? I just picked it up the last session or so and thought screw that! If it kept track of all the developers you already spoke to than I'd be well along the quest but it's too much to bear that I've went pretty much everywhere in the world and spoke to countless of these guys, some in very obscure places, only to learn I have to find them all again. If they could at least have marked where they are on the map by region it wouldn't be as bad.. Alas, I did not know what those exclamation people were for before I found the quest, I had a feeling they had quests but didn't realize it'd be one massive quest to connect them all!
Well, er... I'm not ashamed to admit that I did have just a little help along the way. ;)

GreekWolf said:
Excellent! I've only ever seen one... and it was being flaunted by a Dryad, of all characters. I wanted to punch her.

Well, er... I'm not ashamed to admit that I did have just a little help along the way. ;)

Blocked from work but I imagine it's a map with the locations? I wouldn't be ashamed at all. There once was a time where I refused to look at guides or ask for help but I just don't have that kind of time to play games anymore. So if something helps me on my way, I'll take it! Especially when the OCD completionist in me wants to do all the damn sidequests in a game which stretches the length so much haha

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well I finally caved in and bought this on Steam. I played it a bit at a friend's house and really had a great time (I played a Shadow Warrior). I even borrowed the Collector's Edition DVD from my friend to install the "Elite Textures". The game really looks amazing with everything turned up.

I'm debating whether to start up a Shadow Warrior again or play another class. The Seraphim sounds cool, but I really dislike the character design. Is there a general consensus about what class is "the best" or are they all pretty balanced? I usually prefer melee combat in these type of games.

roxya

Zefah said:
Well I finally caved in and bought this on Steam. I played it a bit at a friend's house and really had a great time (I played a Shadow Warrior). I even borrowed the Collector's Edition DVD from my friend to install the "Elite Textures". The game really looks amazing with everything turned up.

I'm debating whether to start up a Shadow Warrior again or play another class. The Seraphim sounds cool, but I really dislike the character design. Is there a general consensus about what class is "the best" or are they all pretty balanced? I usually prefer melee combat in these type of games.

Shadow Warrior is probably the easiest to build without getting it horribly wrong. It's a great class with good damage and survivability.

They are all pretty balanced though. Temple Guardian is the only one I wouldn't want to play.

I was convinced to buy this thanks to Garnett. :lol

I've logged in over 33 hours so far and still only done 20% of the quest. Killing and looting in this is sooo addictive, and the graphical detail is amazing.

There are a few bugs I've noticed (360 version). When I activate "Dashing Assault" for my Dryad, most of the time she sticks in place, not shooting or being able to move until I open the menu and close it again. In the middle of a big fight this can get really annoying.

She also has the annoying habit of auto-targeting enemies that are furthest away, ignoring the enemies slashing her with swords. Is this part of the design or just another bug?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I went and made a Seraphim (silver difficulty) and got up to level 9 last night. The UI was kind of confusing at first, but I am getting used to it. I like how I can double click on one of the quest rings on the map and have the arrow point there.

I am still very confused as to what I *should* be upgrading. So far I have been putting most of my points into upgrading my sword ability (Sword Lore I think it was called...) and Strength.

Is it possible to reset your points later in the game or are the decisions you make permanent?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Xevren said:
Can't respec, so try and look up what you want to do.

There is a very barebones character editor available for the PC version which will at least allow you to change up your skill choices. I've used it a couple times.

orion434

I have a quick question... has anyone come across a Unique Blowgun for the Dryad? I haven't played in awhile but I remember this post was the reason for joining the site almost 2 months ago :lol

AkuMifune

Banned
Wow this game evokes all the old-school Diablo 2 lootwhoring I've been missing.

I don't think I'll be taking this out of my 360 for a long time.

Goodbye social life! :lol

yamo

My lvl 20 shadow warrior is getting owned big time by the Gar'Colossus. I'm spamming space bar to drink potions but he hits so bloody hard that I can't keep up. Tried 2 times now and I probably didn't get his shield to more than 80% and I probably used about 50 health potions. :lol

Is he supposed to be this hard, should I go lvl up some and come back later or will he just scale with my lvl?

Edit: I searched the internets for answers and found that the Gar'Colossus seem to be really hard before the latest patch on the PC. Thought the game would update itself if it was running on an old version, or at least have some menu option to look for new versions. I am now downloading updates to get from v2.0.2 to v2.40 and from v2.40 to v2.43 off the Sacred 2 homepage, hopefully it will help. :D

Edit 2: Hmm the update page seem to be fubar. When I click the link to download Release International 2.0.2 → Update 2.40 I get the incorrect file. Instead of 2.0.2 --> 2.40 I get 2.34 --> 2.40 and when I try to start it says that I don't have Sacred 2 installed.

Arrgghh nerd rage!

No45

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/showthread.php?t=63691

Official patch notes for 2.43 (PC only at the moment).

The Patch 2.43 for the PC version will be available today after an extended lobby downtime. All the lobbies should be online again around 15:00 (CET) The Steam version may come a bit later.

New Features:

• It is now possible to disable the camera shaking via an entry in the optionscustom.txt. The entry is: camera.cameraShake = 0

Bugfixes:

• The heroes do not point out insufficient armor against the wrong damage types anymore.
  • Reflection damage from NPCs has been reduced.
  • The Sakkara demon on the "Start Island" no longer attacks the player unless he has been attacked first.
  • Gold and XP amounts will now be displayed using periods as the thousands separator. (For example 123.456.789.000)
  • When fight music is disabled, the region music will continue to play during combat.
  • The bonus "Chance to dismount opponent" has been removed.
  • Blowpipes are now able to hit mounted creatures.
  • Achievements will only be shown ingame and commented by the hero the first they are accomplished.
  • The achievement "Group Hug" is now possible to accomplish.
  • Other heroes in multiplayer game sessions are now less chatty.

The patchnotes are not showing all the changes. One of the undocumented changes is the savegames compatibility preparation for the addon.

Also has links to the new patches in that thread.

yamo

Managed to get hold on the UK International patch 2.40 after some detective work on the internets. The Gar'Colossus went down like a girl this time. :lol

Ricker

How the heck do I get to the big island(probably the Dryad one I keep hearing about) that's on the south left portion of the map? I have my Temple Guardian class quest(Communication) pointing me there now but the boat doesn't take me there...

Cahill

Banned
Ricker said:
How the heck do I get to the big island(probably the Dryad one I keep hearing about) that's on the south left portion of the map? I have my Temple Guardian class quest(Communication) pointing me there now but the boat doesn't take me there...

Have you been there in the story? If not, I'll tell you a quick way to open up some main boat points. Create a free world game. Just to the side of where you start (on the little island) is a cave that will has a ton of portals and will teleport you all over the place. Take any one of them. Save and leave the game and you'll have all the main island boat points available in your story when you continue.

Still need a hand finishing your story?

yamo

Here's a pic of my shadow warrior with some of his friendly orc guards that follow him everywhere! :lol

shadow_warrior.jpg

Ricker

Cahill said:
Have you been there in the story? If not, I'll tell you a quick way to open up some main boat points. Create a free world game. Just to the side of where you start (on the little island) is a cave that will has a ton of portals and will teleport you all over the place. Take any one of them. Save and leave the game and you'll have all the main island boat points available in your story when you continue.

Still need a hand finishing your story?

Ah ok,i'll try that...yeah I saw you online last evening,tonight might a good time to go back to the dragon area and kill the rest of the dragons I guess hehe...and Lilljolle,I have 2 followers also,not Orcs,but 2 guys from the desert/sand area,from a failed quest that are basically invincible since when their blue meter empties up and they are suppose to die I guess,it just refills automatically...it's funny because sometimes they even call for help :lol

yamo

I have 2 invincible characters following me around since chapter 1 or something, Croweye and Gnarler. On top of that I got like 5-6 other chars that spawn everytime I log on but luckily most of them die pretty soon. Soo annoying trying to hit something with 8 npc's in the way. :lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I got my Seraphim up to lvl 22 now and I have to say that the game has been extremely easy so far. I have more potions than I'll ever need and have never really come close to dying. I am dual-wielding with two relatively powerful swords and most monsters die almost instantly. Is the Seraphim just really overpowered or is the game just really easy? Is there a difficulty above Silver? How do I access it if so (I'm not really interested in playing on Hardcore).

Regardless of the lack of difficulty I am having a lot of fun slaughtering hordes of enemies and collecting loot. I do wish the story was better, though. So far the story has been practically non-existent despite there being a main quest.

Xevren

Difficulty will ramp up the longer you stay alive due to the survival bonus and what difficulty you're on. To get harder difficulties you have to beat story mode.

Silver gets gold, gold gets platinum, platinum gets niobum. For my 90 something Seraphim everything was 30 levels higher than me on nio.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Xevren said:
Difficulty will ramp up the longer you stay alive due to the survival bonus and what difficulty you're on. To get harder difficulties you have to beat story mode.

Silver gets gold, gold gets platinum, platinum gets niobum. For my 90 something Seraphim everything was 30 levels higher than me on nio.

Well damn, that sounds pretty awesome! I guess I should treat my Silver playthrough as some entry-level tutorial then.

How does the survival bonus work? Does it reset every time you reboot the game? I don't think I have even died once on my Seraphim, but I generally only play in 1 or 2 hour sessions.

Xevren

Survival bonus will keep going up until you die, it doesn't get reset when you turn your system off or anything. The higher it gets the slower it will raise also. As it raises it will effect the levels of your enemies and I believe it's supposed to help get better drops also but I don't know how something like that can be proven but whatever.

So basically, don't die.

Mashing

Xevren said:

Which kinds of sucks when you get loot you can't use (because your build doesn't have any weapon lores--I don't need them really). I've got a lot of gold items that I can use but slow me down bigtime.

Luma

Neo Member
Xevren said:

Whoa, I hadn't even realized that's what was happening, that's awesome! Have a level 49 Seraphim, and was curious as to why the enemy levels kept rising from ~3 levels above to about 6.

Still in amazement of how big this game is. And to think there are even 3 more difficulties after silver to complete...this game will last me forever.

GreekWolf

Zefah said:
Well damn, that sounds pretty awesome! I guess I should treat my Silver playthrough as some entry-level tutorial then.

How does the survival bonus work? Does it reset every time you reboot the game? I don't think I have even died once on my Seraphim, but I generally only play in 1 or 2 hour sessions.
Oh, believe me, even on silver you'll encounter standard mobs (later in the game) that can make mincemeat of your health bar within a few hits. Nothing like getting swarmed by panthers/leopard elites in the jungle and losing that hard-earned survival bonus in a matter of seconds.

Thankfully, it doesn't reset until you die... then it's back to zero combat bonuses and less likelihood of scoring those coveted set pieces.

AkuMifune

Banned
For my general ignorant gamefaqs build question of the day, I'm only lvl 9 and already have chosen Sword, Armor and Constitution and I'm thinking of taking Shield, DW Focus, MW Focus, Combat Discipline, Combat Reflexes, Concentration and Tactics...how's that sound?

As my first go round I just want a vanilla melee tank monster basically, but am I overlapping skills that won't stack or something?

I've been editing and rethinking this build all day at work. :D

orion434

AkuMifune said:
For my general ignorant gamefaqs build question of the day, I'm only lvl 9 and already have chosen Sword, Armor and Constitution and I'm thinking of taking Shield, DW Focus, MW Focus, Combat Discipline, Combat Reflexes, Concentration and Tactics...how's that sound?

As my first go round I just want a vanilla melee tank monster basically, but am I overlapping skills that won't stack or something?

I've been editing and rethinking this build all day at work. :D

Don't Take Shield Lore... Instead go with Dual Wield, there is an easy quest to take to get the Bone Slicers, using two of them is pretty awesome. You can take Sword but the bonus won't stack, but Sword Mastery will allow you to use some good Swords late in the game. Also ditch Combat Reflexes... you get a buff Reflective Emanation... for the Gold mod to work you HAVE to be hit. You took Constitution a little early, Silver difficulty is a breeze, otherwise your choices are pretty decent. If you can squeeze it in take Astral Lore Focus... Nether Allegiance is a really good buff with mods.

Ricker

I died about 40 times now(level 56 on Silver) hehe,and 10 of them where on the last part of the Myst Boss...couldn't kill it myself until my last try,when he was finally down to about 1/8 of health but he bugged out on me...he just stood there and I couldn't damage him and the helper,who is crucial in this fight,just didn't go up to him to attack him either...had to restart the game,loosing my death runback :lol damage on him hehe...finally got him with 2 other players.

This is one of my small gripes with the game,the regen of health on Bosses is a bad idea,making the battles take forever...on Silver,besides a few champions,everything is pretty easy but the jump in difficulty for the Bosses is way too high because of this I think...especially if your build is a little messed up,like mine,because of the earlier mistakes I made in CA and points spent.

Still loving it though,as the 80 hours I played attest...

tadcalabash

Neo Member
Just started playing this on the PC and had a quick question. When I use the WASD keys to move, my character ends up taking 3 or 4 steps in any direction before stopping. I can get fine movement with the mouse, but there appears to be a huge amount of input lag after I let go of a movement key.

Is this just a quirk of the game or do I have some other problem?

Cahill

Banned
Ricker said:
I died about 40 times now(level 56 on Silver) hehe,and 10 of them where on the last part of the Myst Boss...couldn't kill it myself until my last try,when he was finally down to about 1/8 of health but he bugged out on me...he just stood there and I couldn't damage him and the helper,who is crucial in this fight,just didn't go up to him to attack him either...had to restart the game,loosing my death runback :lol damage on him hehe...finally got him with 2 other players.

This is one of my small gripes with the game,the regen of health on Bosses is a bad idea,making the battles take forever...on Silver,besides a few champions,everything is pretty easy but the jump in difficulty for the Bosses is way too high because of this I think...especially if your build is a little messed up,like mine,because of the earlier mistakes I made in CA and points spent.

Still loving it though,as the 80 hours I played attest...

Did you try teleporting to the nearest Res and running back? Happened to me once as well.. I ported and it freed him up.

Also, if you're going to be on tonight, set up a private game and shoot me a invite. I'll bring my SW. My TG and Inq are dark so they can't join you. I've kept my SW @ 59 just so I can help out. You're in the desert (or will be soon) and you'll need a hand there as well from the sound of things.

AkuMifune

Banned
rayner said:
Don't Take Shield Lore... Instead go with Dual Wield
Thanks! It's hard for me to break out of the old mentality that a decent fighter needs sword, shield and armor proficiencies. :D

Has anyone else had issues connecting with friends, or online in general (360)? I played with my brother for a while last night but we ran into lag, so I quit and when I tried to rejoin it kept giving me the "Warning - Can't Connect to Server" error. It was probably just a temporary issue, but still annoying.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
After learning that Shadow Warriors have the ability to dual wield as well, I decided to can my Seraphim. I chose some bad skills and I really disliked the character design anyway.

I have taken Tactics Lore, Armor Lore and Dual Wield so far, but what should I go for next as a Shadow Warrior? How is Speed Lore?

roxya

Zefah said:
After learning that Shadow Warriors have the ability to dual wield as well, I decided to can my Seraphim. I chose some bad skills and I really disliked the character design anyway.

I have taken Tactics Lore, Armor Lore and Dual Wield so far, but what should I go for next as a Shadow Warrior? How is Speed Lore?

I don't like it. I'd go with MC focus or DW focus (MC focus for dual wield imo, Frenzied Rampage with double attack mods is killer, and RE is a great buff). This will also help you unlock concentration (2 buffs = awesome).

orion434

Zefah said:

It's all about the modifications on your Combat Arts, I would take all 3 focus skills, Combat Discipline, Concentration and Enhanced Perception if it's your first character. This way you would get to modify all 3 Art trees, you can Dual Wield Bone Slicers & have 2 Buffs active. Later if you are still playing this character past lv 60 that last slot would be Constitution if you want to take on Platinum or higher or a Weapon Skill, of your choice.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the Octagolamus with my level 36 Dryad. Should I wait till I'm a higher level?

I'm pulling him out of the water and can drain about 10% of his health but he always heals back up to 100% again, my bow has magic damage but I'm guessing it's not enough.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the advice all! I'll grab the focus skills then

Top Bottom