• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Any idea on how this one has sold? I'm trying to wait until it hits 35 bucks online (ebay or otherwise) but I don't want to wait too long if it isn't going to drop real soon.

rayner said:
You can take Sword but the bonus won't stack, but Sword Mastery will allow you to use some good Swords late in the game.

correct me if i'm wrong, but when taking dual wield on a weapon is it not a good a idea to also take a weapon lore to unlock other bonuses on the weapon?

so dual wield skill affects attack+ and speed+, while say sword lore affects any special bonuses like 'causes deep wounds' etc...this is what ive been doing with my dual wield inq.

Shambles

Mr_Appleby said:
correct me if i'm wrong, but when taking dual wield on a weapon is it not a good a idea to also take a weapon lore to unlock other bonuses on the weapon?

so dual wield skill affects attack+ and speed+, while say sword lore affects any special bonuses like 'causes deep wounds' etc...this is what ive been doing with my dual wield inq.

This is correct. When dualling your +attack and +speed are not affected by your specific sword skill but the bonuses behind the sword skill you still receive.

sweet cheers, been avoiding faq's & guides and just trying to figure it all out. lost my first character (SW) after ~22 hours of play (not lost, but a forced reset on ps3 that marked that save file as tampered. kind of my fault). having learnt a lot i was able to get back to the same spot in half the time with a far more usably spec'd character.

so since then i pretty much make two of each char, one to trial out and then another to fix my mistakes :lol

orion434

Shambles said:
This is correct. When dualling your +attack and +speed are not affected by your specific sword skill but the bonuses behind the sword skill you still receive.

Yeah and some require "Sword Mastery" Which means you have Sword Lore @ lv 75. If you don't plan to take a character beyond lv 100 the Sword Lore + Dual Wield is wasted, better off just taking one or the other.

Spike6663

Anyone here have characters around the lvl60 area? I'm looking to finish my Endjyn(sp?) set for my 59 Ser and need someone to grind with. I'm happy to go through peoples campaigns too.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Mr_Appleby said:
sweet cheers, been avoiding faq's & guides and just trying to figure it all out. lost my first character (SW) after ~22 hours of play (not lost, but a forced reset on ps3 that marked that save file as tampered. kind of my fault). having learnt a lot i was able to get back to the same spot in half the time with a far more usably spec'd character.

so since then i pretty much make two of each char, one to trial out and then another to fix my mistakes :lol

I didn't finalize my dryad built until around level 105. :D

Ricker

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Any idea on how this one has sold? I'm trying to wait until it hits 35 bucks online (ebay or otherwise) but I don't want to wait too long if it isn't going to drop real soon.

All together,on both consoles,not including PC,I think it probably sold around 150,000 copies...I remember seeing it sold 90,000 copies in the first week on 360 alone,and that was just the North America numbers...so yeah,maybe close to 200,000 all together by now I guess...

Mugaaz

Just picked this up yesterday. Played a HE, didn't like it. Switched to TG and liking it a lot more now, can't wait to go home.

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:

I got it for 35 on half.com 2 weeks ago. Check there much better prices than ebay even though there like sister sites.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Mashing said:
Are you using a multicore CPU (dual core, quad core)? If so, right click on your Sacred 2 icon on the desktop (or in the start menu), click on Properties, in the target: box add -nocpubinding on the end of it. It should look like this: "D:\Program Files (x86)\cdv Software Entertainment USA\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\system\sacred2.exe" -nocpubinding

That fixed A LOT of my CTD's. Also, do a search on the Sacred 2 forums for Sacred 2 Cleaner Utility. These two things together have eliminated 99% of my CTD's.

It could be audio drivers too, the game seems to be real finicky with some audio cards.

Edit: Oh and there is a major bug with 2.4.3 that will occur on Windows 7/Vista 64bit. You'll have to run the game in XP 32bit compatibility mode to work around this issue for now. I have XP 64bit and I didn't have any issue with this though. Right click on your Sacred 2 icon and the compatibility tab should be somewhere on it (not sure where it is exactly in Win7/Vista)
I am using a Quad Core processor (A Q9400 OC'ed to 3.6Ghz), so I'll try the nocpubinding trick, also thanks for suggesting that cleaner too, I'll try it later.

Woo-Fu said:
If you have a creative audio card on an nforce mobo this is one of the games you need to back down the acceleration slider. The very few cutscenes in the game stutter and have broken audio even with this "fix", but the game itself is playable and sounds just fine.

Make sure you update the game to 2.40 or 2.43 if you didn't do that right after install. The game has become much more stable for most people with these patches.
I have updated the game to 2.43, it was the first thing I done. As for the audio card, I have an Audigy 2 ZS, but am using the Intel P45 chipset (on a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3P) and my stutetrs are full stutters, the frame rate dives to 0 AND the audio stutters.
HoRNS456 said:
I am still trying to locate a copy for $25, I feel like it is a month or two away from reaching my price.
I bought the game new for £7 ($11.70 ish) on PC, I felt really bad afterwards too, heh.

Xenon

I just started to try and get back into this on the 360. I'm hoping someone could help my on a few things.

Is there a good non spoiler faq that goes over all the weapon & armor upgrades? Every time I visit the smith its a hassle sifting through all my options and nothing seems much better than the default options he offers. The only time I even bother is if I want to convert damage to a different type.

Also I downloaded my carrier imp but I don't know how to call or use it.

Thanks

jkanownik

Xenon said:
Is there a good non spoiler faq that goes over all the weapon & armor upgrades? Every time I visit the smith its a hassle sifting through all my options and nothing seems much better than the default options he offers. The only time I even bother is if I want to convert damage to a different type.

There's no need to convert damage to another type unless you get stuck on a boss and need a specific type of damage. At first you won't have anything better than what he offers, but that quickly changes at higher levels. There is a major downside in the default options in that you can't remove them from an item.

At higher levels I am routinely removing items or switching them out. Nothing goes into an open slot unless it is + skills or + experience. Right now my wife has a +4 all skills amulet and a +6 combat skills amulet sitting in her inventory because neither of us want to remove a + experience amulet from any of the items we have. And we're not even going hardcore into the item finding. I have one point in Enhanced Perception + relic bonuses and my wife has one point in Bargaining + relic bonuses.

Flyguy

Xenon said:
I just started to try and get back into this on the 360. I'm hoping someone could help my on a few things.

Also I downloaded my carrier imp but I don't know how to call or use it.

Thanks
Your smithing options are limited by what you have available to socket (rings, runes, and amulets). I'm not sure if that answered your question, but I'm not sure if I entirely understand it either.

To summon your imp pull up the radial menu and there's an option in the lower right corner to summon him ('A' on 360, not sure on PS3).

Xenon

I just wanted to see if Im missing something since so many of the things you can slot seem pointless. Like why would I slot a rune when I could just use it. I know there is a slight boost of something else. But it would seem more useful to use the rune and use the slot for something better.

thanks for the info on the imp

Flyguy

There are a few benefits to socketing runes. Socketed runes have half the regen penalty that consumed runes have. Also, socketing in a silver socket or gold socket will grant you a bonus of the rune's secondary effect of 7% or 15%, respectively. Lastly, if you know it's an item you aren't going to be using for long and you socket a decent ring or ammy in another slot then you can remove it later and only be out a rune.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Forging

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:

If you want the 360 version, you can get it for around $42 on Ebgames/gamestop.com if you have an edge card. Use that with "cag16" and "saver" for 26% off and free shipping.

It's used, but they guarantee box and manuals now.

Mugaaz

Beat the game for the first time on Silver with my Temple Guardian on Silver and managed to get the Dedicated and Survivalist trophy! Had to quitscum 3 times toward the end to maintain the dedicated achievement because I didn't realize the elemental dmg from certain bosses.

What I find really weird is that I am exceedingly MORE powerful now in gold. My TG has finally started getting good. My char was getting conistently worse as I progressed before, but now he is starting to tear stuff up. I tried to follow the advice of not leveling any of my CA's past 1 in order to get the regen time down. Deathly Spears was down to 1.1 seconds but it was abysmal. I raised it up to level 16 now where it grants another wave of spears and it is really, really good now. It's not a boss killer yet, but it kills trash mobs very well.

I can't really tell what CA's I want to raise in level yet... it's hard to choose because if you're wrong you can't go back.

Right now I'm level 40, all stat points are in Stamina.
Skills:
Devout Guardian (parked at 35)
Tactics (maxed)
Armor Lore
Toughness
Constitution
Warding Energy Lore
Concentration
Combat Discipline

I have Deathly Spears at 16, Dedicated blow at 4, and the rest at one. I moded Combat Alert into the permanent buff and run with Tenergy Shield.

Any reccomendations on which CA's to raise?
Also, what about for my last two skills? I want to pick two of the following three - Sword Lore, Perception, Bargaining

Shoogoo

roxya said:
It seems Ascaron is finally dead as a developer :( Saw this on the forums: http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/showthread.php?t=64252

Such a shame. This game has been an amazing surprise for me.

Sad news :(

I tried to figure most of the mechanics by myself and I approximatevily got it. Some things are unclear though :

1/ What's the point of crafting a ring that gives let's say .. +2 in Ancestral Fireball instead of just eating 2 runes and save the socket for something else?

2/ Sometimes you can mod your combat arts (bronze, silver, gold mods). I think I figured it was linked to the focus skill (ie. Delphic arcana focus), is that right? And is there a pattern for when those mods appear? I thought it was every 3 points but now I'm not sure.

3/ I don't really understand the "Highest spell without penalty" or "Highest weapon without penalty" thing that appears on some skills.

4/ I don't understand the mechanics of some buffs. Here is the description from Incandescent Skin;

* Constant pulse of 100% Fire Damage dealt to opponents in close combat
* Mitigation: Fire Damage 20.2%
* Regeneration penalty to all Combat Arts: +35.0%
* Regeneration bonus to Arrant Pyromancer Combat Arts: -29.5%

Does the bolded part affect the italic part?
Thus, +35% for Delphic Arcana and Mystic Stormrite and +5.5% for Arrant Pyromancer?

Concretely, if I only play Arrant pyromancer, can I eat runes at will?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Shoogoo said:
Sad news :(

I tried to figure most of the mechanics by myself and I approximatevily got it. Some things are unclear though :

1/ What's the point of crafting a ring that gives let's say .. +2 in Ancestral Fireball instead of just eating 2 runes and save the socket for something else?

2/ Sometimes you can mod your combat arts (bronze, silver, gold mods). I think I figured it was linked to the focus skill (ie. Delphic arcana focus), is that right? And is there a pattern for when those mods appear? I thought it was every 3 points but now I'm not sure.

3/ I don't really understand the "Highest spell without penalty" or "Highest weapon without penalty" thing that appears on some skills.

4/ I don't understand the mechanics of some buffs. Here is the description from Incandescent Skin;

* Constant pulse of 100% Fire Damage dealt to opponents in close combat
* Mitigation: Fire Damage 20.2%
* Regeneration penalty to all Combat Arts: +35.0%
* Regeneration bonus to Arrant Pyromancer Combat Arts: -29.5%

Does the bolded part affect the italic part?
Thus, +35% for Delphic Arcana and Mystic Stormrite and +5.5% for Arrant Pyromancer?

1) The ring will give you the power of eating 2 runes, but the penalty of only eating 1
2) It goes every 3+2+2+2+2 I think, something near that.
3) If you eat a ton of runes instead of leveling up 10->11 if your highest is 10, then the skill will only go to 10.3 -> 10.6 -> 10.9 -> 11.0 -> 11.1 etc. Damage/Effect is lowered, but penalty is the same (iirc)
4) The %'s are separate, Fire arts will all go down 30%, the rest will go up.

roxya

Shoogoo said:

Well, eating runes will result in a big increase in regen time. If you're happy with the longer regens, eat. Most CAs tend to be best at level 1 until you have enough gear/skills to keep the regen low.

For Grand Invigoration (an amazing buff that is unique for not having any downsides), you can eat as many as you like.

Giard

Damn. :(
I love Sacred 2...I made 4 of my friends buy it with me, sadly it didn't help them.
Gonna start re-playing again in about 2 weeks.

orion434

Giard said:
Damn. :(
I love Sacred 2...I made 4 of my friends buy it with me, sadly it didn't help them.
Gonna start re-playing again in about 2 weeks.

I also got 2 of my friends to buy Sacred 2... but neither can understand NOT to use Runes... and the importance of managing Regeneration Time. I haven't played in over a month.

I finally bought this game. It should be coming in the mail today.

Any tips for a beginner?

Are there any broken classes?

Useless abilities?

Common character building mistakes?

Any help would be much appreciated as I will probably only do one play through.

Hammer24

Banned
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:

Any tips for a beginner?

Useless abilities?

You probably wont be able to do it in one playthrough. Beginner tips are easy: try a character that you like, play it to around lvl10-12 to get a feel for it - then restart. On this real try just eat the runes for the spells you really want. Thats it.

roxya

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:

Any tips for a beginner?

Useless abilities?

Imo, for a normal single play through, High Elf and Shadow Warrior are beasts.

Lots of useless (or limited use) abilities. Best if you try to decide a class and then ask what to concentrate on.

Most common mistake -- other than getting your skills/ability mods wrong -- is eating too many runes. You eat runes to give yourself abilities (Combat Arts) and then eat more to level them up. Levelling them up means more damage, but the regen time can increase greatly too, which is bad.

Benson said:
I picked up the PC version recently in a sale but can't apply the patches. Is it playable without them?
You're trying to apply one of the 'all-in-one' patches, right? I've had these fail aswell. Get the single smaller patches, there are a lot of them but they should work. You need the patches, or NEED, seriously. Also you actually have to have the latest version to play online. But the patches fix and add so many things you can't play without them.

Benson

It's really that bad unpatched?

Got the patches sorted now anyway, apparently the sacred update page assumes you've already patched up to a certain level from somewhere else.

Shoogoo

Ah well I'm kind of disappointed in my High Elf so far. I've been playing with my girlfriend (she as a Seraph) and she does loads of damage compared to me. Approx 4x more. I've gone full pyro after having tried a couple of builds and retries. It's not really fun anymore since she kills shit so fast that I don't even have the time to get a fireball going.

We're at the same lvl and she does approx 450-580 dmg while I'm at 140-180. Wtf? Also I really don't think there is anything major flawed in my build..

+ Diligent achievement who glitched on me :mad: grom.

How are your elves going? Went through the same shit as me?

Mrbob

PC version is now 19.99 at amazon. EBgames dropped it in price to 19.99 as well for the pc version.

I'm gonna wait and see if the steam version drops to 19.99 first.

I rented this game on 360, it is pretty awesome hack and slash loot 'em up. Frame rate and screen tearing are doing me in though. Time to bite on the pc version soon!

nli10

Really enjoying the game. I decided to be a major rune eater - Up to 10 or so on Nether Allegiance and also high on the reflective shields. This means I have time to wait for things to recharge, but with 4 bodyguard skeletons, a few resurrected beasts and the nice shields I can wait it out.

Also means I can abandon the controller if necessary as in most situations the team can defend me enough to keep me alive until I get back.

Shame about the devs - does this kill the DLC chances?

Woo-Fu

Banned
nli10 said:
Shame about the devs - does this kill the DLC chances?
I don't know that DLC ever was planned.

The PC version gets an expansion this month in Germany, which will probably show up in other regions by the end of the year. Last I heard about the expansion coming to consoles was that it was under discussion. I read that as not very likely.

roxya said:
Imo, for a normal single play through, High Elf and Shadow Warrior are beasts.

Lots of useless (or limited use) abilities. Best if you try to decide a class and then ask what to concentrate on.

Most common mistake -- other than getting your skills/ability mods wrong -- is eating too many runes. You eat runes to give yourself abilities (Combat Arts) and then eat more to level them up. Levelling them up means more damage, but the regen time can increase greatly too, which is bad.

Shadow Warrior.

roxya

Shoogoo said:
Ah well I'm kind of disappointed in my High Elf so far. I've been playing with my girlfriend (she as a Seraph) and she does loads of damage compared to me. Approx 4x more. I've gone full pyro after having tried a couple of builds and retries. It's not really fun anymore since she kills shit so fast that I don't even have the time to get a fireball going.

We're at the same lvl and she does approx 450-580 dmg while I'm at 140-180. Wtf? Also I really don't think there is anything major flawed in my build..

+ Diligent achievement who glitched on me :mad: grom.

How are your elves going? Went through the same shit as me?

I went ice and I'm destroying my SW partner due to my range, damage and aoe. I'm pretty sure pyro should have more damage than ice. What level are you / what CAs are you using?

+ you could be in an area of fire resistant enemies...

Shoogoo

roxya said:
I went ice and I'm destroying my SW partner due to my range, damage and aoe. I'm pretty sure pyro should have more damage than ice. What level are you / what CAs are you using?

+ you could be in an area of fire resistant enemies...

Hey, thanks for answering. I'll get all the stats and get back to you when I'll have it all written.

They sure kept the bad news quiet. Looks like the console versions are dead in the water as far as future development or the x-pac. :(

Shoogoo

I took a couple pictures with the DSi. Sorry about the quality.

Those are my stats with 2 buffs (Incandescent Skin and Grand Invigoration)

HNI_0017.jpg
HNI_0018.jpg
HNI_0021.jpg
HNI_0022.jpg

And those are the stats from my gf. I thought it was useless to put her skills along, the images are taking already enough room like that.

HNI_0019.jpg
HNI_0020.jpg

Her damage thus range from 479 to 690 and she hits ultra fast while mine takes longer and does 125 to 149. Sometimes she let me kill a monster out of pity. What did I do wrong GAF? Help me get back my virility :lol

Moobabe

I need someone to convince me to get this game in less than 5 screenshots. I've been looking for a collectathon game for a while and this might just satisfy the urge.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
You are using blazing tempest right?

It should be doing something like 300, then 60, 60, 60 and be cast every 2 seconds...

Aaron

Moobabe said:
I need someone to convince me to get this game in less than 5 screenshots. I've been looking for a collectathon game for a while and this might just satisfy the urge.
Just look up a picture of the map. It's gigantic and all there to explore.

Top Bottom