• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Aaron

Moobabe said:
Is the demo worth a download or is it better to go in blind?
Depends. There's only a PC demo, which is accurate to how it plays on the PC, but the console version controls very differently. I much prefer it myself, though the PC version will be getting the expansion, and the console ones are very unlikely to get it.

Stratman

Neo Member
Aaron said:
Depends. There's only a PC demo, which is accurate to how it plays on the PC, but the console version controls very differently. I much prefer it myself, though the PC version will be getting the expansion, and the console ones are very unlikely to get it.

I'm 99% percent sure I saw this at a video store for 20 bucks. Hmmm...

roxya

Shoogoo said:
I took a couple pictures with the DSi. Sorry about the quality.

Those are my stats with 2 buffs (Incandescent Skin and Grand Invigoration)

And those are the stats from my gf. I thought it was useless to put her skills along, the images are taking already enough room like that.

Her damage thus range from 479 to 690 and she hits ultra fast while mine takes longer and does 125 to 149. Sometimes she let me kill a monster out of pity. What did I do wrong GAF? Help me get back my virility :lol

Skills look fine, it really depends on what CAs you're using and what mods you took. Did you take damage on the Incandescent Skin gold mod? What CA are you using for killing mobs?

Appropriate gear can make a difference. + to relevant combat arts if you can take the regen hit, +all skills, and lastly +fire/+all damage.

Shoogoo

Hazaro said:
You are using blazing tempest right?

It should be doing something like 300, then 60, 60, 60 and be cast every 2 seconds...

Yes I'm using it but it's nowhere near 2 seconds nor 300 :/ this is my blazing tempest ;

HNI_0024.jpg

And honestly, it's not the skill I use the most. How can you have it at 2 seconds? I only ate 6 runes and i have 26 in focus. I don't get it.

roxya said:
Skills look fine, it really depends on what CAs you're using and what mods you took. Did you take damage on the Incandescent Skin gold mod? What CA are you using for killing mobs?

I don't have the gold mod for Incandescent Skin yet. I'm at silver.

For killing mob I use fireball as this is my quickest regenerating skill. But it's not much efficient honestly.

This is my fireball stats ;

HNI_0023.jpg

mods (not shown on picture) are ; explosion, fusillade, hot pursuit

Thanks for helping out.

Spike6663

That fireball is mad! Has anybody here got to Niob yet? And, if so, what level range were you playing at. Myself and a friend started the platinum campaign last night with a lvl 58 and lvl 61 and we got to the Orc Region and started getting our arses handed to us.

jkanownik

Spike6663 said:
That fireball is mad! Has anybody here got to Niob yet? And, if so, what level range were you playing at. Myself and a friend started the platinum campaign last night with a lvl 58 and lvl 61 and we got to the Orc Region and started getting our arses handed to us.

Made it to Niob around level 88. Realistically once we hit 75 we could have pushed through the rest of platinum. The masteries make a big difference. The Orc Region gave us the most difficulty so we usually rushed through that as quickly as possible.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Since it's been a while one glance at my character told me all I needed to know.

Equips. :lol
I'm level 32 and my damage is ridiculous compared to you luckily this is easy to fix.

What I did was buy items that gave +3 Bargaining or +3 General skills to boost my Bargaining up. Once it was high enough I could buy +All Skill, and socketed items from the vendor.

Sockets are SO SO important. 2 Sockets + Black smith can give you -25% Regen Time on a single piece or armor, not to mention it might already have + Skills, or -regen % already.
Right now get socketed items, forge them, and pump Focus (If that lowers regen time).

drbaco.jpg

vesp

I'm annoyed this is still like 55 used at gamestop. Gamefly wont send me the damn thing to keep it for like 40(+ coupons and stuff). I refuse to pay near full price so late after launch and with so many technical problems, but I really want to play this local coop.

Shoogoo

Hazaro said:
Since it's been a while one glance at my character told me all I needed to know.

Equips. :lol
I'm level 32 and my damage is ridiculous compared to you luckily this is easy to fix.

What I did was buy items that gave +3 Bargaining or +3 General skills to boost my Bargaining up. Once it was high enough I could buy +All Skill, and socketed items from the vendor.

Sockets are SO SO important. 2 Sockets + Black smith can give you -25% Regen Time on a single piece or armor, not to mention it might already have + Skills, or -regen % already.
Right now get socketed items, forge them, and pump Focus (If that lowers regen time).

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, indeed there's quite a difference :lol. I don't know how to get -25% on a piece of armor, is it from those 3 default things that the blacksmith allow you to buy even if you don't have any on you?

What's the goal of getting the regen so low? I guess it's not to eat a buttload of runes, at least you didn't.

Aurora

Because so many things give regen penalty, from armour to eating runes. You might think your regen time is great, level up once and pump your stats/change your equipment only to find your regen time has seriously messed up. Also lower regen times make your better spells and abilities available more of the time, increasing overall efficacy.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Shoogoo said:
Thanks, indeed there's quite a difference :lol. I don't know how to get -25% on a piece of armor, is it from those 3 default things that the blacksmith allow you to buy even if you don't have any on you?

What's the goal of getting the regen so low? I guess it's not to eat a buttload of runes, at least you didn't.
Yes it's the default thing from the blacksmith.

Since your CA are still pretty low on runes, fast regen time will basically double your damage (since you can just spam the skill). Once the regen is low enough that lowering it doesn't matter, you can start raising the skill again for more damage (I keep mine at 2s).

The Higher Skill in Focus and Lore no doubt also helps giving me +40-60% damage or so also.

The All Skills give points into everything (duh) so from them I get:
-Lower armor regen penalty
-More damage, more critical chance, less regen time (Focus/Concentration)
-Etc.

*I noticed you didn't pick regen time for Blazing Tempest :[

Nos_G

Not sure if this issue has been addressed yet, but my lvl 16 Temple Guardian decided to get stuck in one place... Even after leaving the game and loading and I'm still stuck in 1 spot.

I exited a cellar and then bam, I was stuck. Has there been a fix discovered for this? I'm playing the 360 version.

EDIT: well I'm still stuck even after using the booster/hover talent for the Guardian... I hover to a different spot and still can't move, or even mount my horse.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Nos_G said:
Not sure if this issue has been addressed yet, but my lvl 16 Temple Guardian decided to get stuck in one place... Even after leaving the game and loading and I'm still stuck in 1 spot.

I exited a cellar and then bam, I was stuck. Has there been a fix discovered for this? I'm playing the 360 version.

EDIT: well I'm still stuck even after using the booster/hover talent for the Guardian... I hover to a different spot and still can't move, or even mount my horse.
I had this happen to me and I used my teleport skill very skillfully and got out.

Alternatively you can try warping to the monolith.

Aaron

vesp said:
I'm annoyed this is still like 55 used at gamestop. Gamefly wont send me the damn thing to keep it for like 40(+ coupons and stuff). I refuse to pay near full price so late after launch and with so many technical problems, but I really want to play this local coop.
I was waiting too, but decided screw it and bought it full price. Even with the rare bug it is so worth it, especially for local co-op. Played four hours straight and just wanted to keep going.

I'm wondering what kind of playtimes people are getting with this game? How many hours to beat it? At what level can it be beaten? How many hours to get to level 100, for instance? Level 150? Are we talking dozens of hours?

Shoogoo

Fleet of Foot said:
I'm wondering what kind of playtimes people are getting with this game? How many hours to beat it? At what level can it be beaten? How many hours to get to level 100, for instance? Level 150? Are we talking dozens of hours?

I'm lvl 35 after ~20hrs but you can do that faster if you don't explore much.

Thanks everyone for the help. I'll try to get that HE more decent and keep you in touch.

Giard

Shoogoo said:
yep :/ Maybe I can get its regen time low anyway? In which item did you find the bargaining +3? Relics?
You did a good thing not picking that actually. However, what you did wrong was eat too many runes.

EDIT: Have you modded IS and GI yet? That will help you with damage and regen time.

Spike6663

Fleet of Foot said:

My highest level is 61 at 83hours. Got a 48 at 47 hours too. That might give you a rough idea.

Shoogoo

Giard said:
You did a good thing not picking that actually. However, what you did wrong was eat too many runes.

EDIT: Have you modded IS and GI yet? That will help you with damage and regen time.

Thanks. Both IS and GI are modded silver. But I'll mod them gold next. What should I take?

Cahill

Banned
Shoogoo said:
Thanks. Both IS and GI are modded silver. But I'll mod them gold next. What should I take?

Resilience for GI and I took intensity for IS but (almost) anything critical is always good too.

Don't worry too much about the regen times man. You're still really low. They'll come way down with some focus and as GI increases. Also try to equip some +fire dmg items to bump the power up.

Shoogoo

Cahill said:
Resilience for GI and I took intensity for IS but (almost) anything critical is always good too.

Don't worry too much about the regen times man. You're still really low. They'll come way down with some focus and as GI increases. Also try to equip some +fire dmg items to bump the power up.

Thanks mate. Talking of +fire dmg. I have a ring that gives +9% fire damage. Yet it doesn't show anywhere. What am I missing there?

Cahill

Banned
Shoogoo said:
Thanks mate. Talking of +fire dmg. I have a ring that gives +9% fire damage. Yet it doesn't show anywhere. What am I missing there?

It'll show up in your stats. Bring up the "Overview" window and press "RT". there are several pages of bonuses/stats. In there will be Additional Fire damage or something like that. Just a note, if you're only getting one page of stats remove your buffs. It's a bug that while buffs are running some screens don't respond/scroll properly.

Shoogoo

Cahill said:
It'll show up in your stats. Bring up the "Overview" window and press "RT". there are several pages of bonuses/stats. In there will be Additional Fire damage or something like that. Just a note, if you're only getting one page of stats remove your buffs. It's a bug that while buffs are running some screens don't respond/scroll properly.

OH SHI.. That must be the reason it wasn't showing up!
I guess you also have this bug where the details (RT) on a CA doesn't always display. And when you try to mod a CA it gives you another branch. I suppose it will never get patched either.

Cahill

Banned
Shoogoo said:
OH SHI.. That must be the reason it wasn't showing up!
I guess you also have this bug where the details (RT) on a CA doesn't always display. And when you try to mod a CA it gives you another branch. I suppose it will never get patched either.

That's correct. If it's acting up all you gotta do is remove your buffs and it'll be fine.

Shoogoo

Cahill said:
That's correct. If it's acting up all you gotta do is remove your buffs and it'll be fine.

Indeed! I had no idea that it was due to the buffs.

So I tried lowering all my CA's with the socketed armor pieces + I found a third piece of Celdrahil and thus benefits from my first set bonus. I could lower fireball to 0.9s, blazing tempest to 2.3 and incendiary shower to 2.3 or 2.5, can't remember. I'm doing better than before thanks to you guys.

I have 28 in bargaining now. But I didn't find any + all skills yet :s

Spike6663

FUUUUU! Last night I was just chillin' with my 62 Ser. Doing a few boss runs etc. My chest piece at the time was part of a set I wasn't using with some pointless atts and base armour of 194. I killed an elite kobold and it dropped an interesting sounding piece of armour....it was the 5th part of my set I'm hunting AND had a whopping base armour of 692! Quite a step up.

Mudo

I bought the PC version at release but it doesn't run amazingly well on my computer...so I'm thinking about getting the 360 version. Does anyone have input on that version? The reviews make it sound like it's BETTER than the PC version, but I just can't imagine that with a Diablo style game and a controller.

Shoogoo

Mudo said:
I bought the PC version at release but it doesn't run amazingly well on my computer...so I'm thinking about getting the 360 version. Does anyone have input on that version? The reviews make it sound like it's BETTER than the PC version, but I just can't imagine that with a Diablo style game and a controller.

Trust me, they completely aced it. I don't know how the PC version plays but on 360, getting used to the controls takes 5 mins and it goes perfectly (except for dismounting, I find it kind of weak).

Mudo

Thanks for the input, I am probably gonna go drop the $$ for it tomorrow then. Something about playing this game on my couch as opposed to sitting at my computer sounds....nice

Lain

Shoogoo said:
Trust me, they completely aced it. I don't know how the PC version plays but on 360, getting used to the controls takes 5 mins and it goes perfectly (except for dismounting, I find it kind of weak).

I agree, I play it on PS3 and it controls realla well with a pad.
The only thing that I have some annoyances with, is the ring menu system.

Loudninja

Shoogoo said:

Yeah thats the only thing wrong you have to open the status screen to dismount.

Mashing

Fleet of Foot said:

I'm level 114 (on my single player TG) and it's taken me over 7 days of REAL TIME to get there. (I'd have to check when I get home, as it could be more). This is a game that will last a LONG time.

I've explored 77.6% of the map, and that takes a LONG time to do.

Mrbob

Mudo said:

Controls do work great. No issues.

Unfortunately the 360 version chugs frames quite a bit and has a lot of nasty screen tear. Also low res textures...your mileage may vary depending on how your PC version runs. I would definitely rent it on 360 first before you buy it, especially if you are having technical problem issues on your pc. This game is great fun to play, but not exactly technically proficient.

Shoogoo

What should I get as gold mod for GI? Run speed doesn't really interest me, but the other one is maybe crap/glitched? (and I don't really understand what it does)

Aaron

Mudo said:
Thanks for the input, I am probably gonna go drop the $$ for it tomorrow then. Something about playing this game on my couch as opposed to sitting at my computer sounds....nice
I've played both, and think it controls much better on the 360. Also don't have much problem with framerates, but there's plenty of tearing if you care about that.

ZombieSupaStar said:
so deep silver now owns the scared 2 ip?

you think we will get the xp on consoles? Any euro gaf more familiar with these devs have anything to tell?
Deep Silver is a publisher, not a developer. It's possible they could contact another dev to port it. I think it would depend on console version sales.

roxya

Shoogoo said:
What should I get as gold mod for GI? Run speed doesn't really interest me, but the other one is maybe crap/glitched? (and I don't really understand what it does)

I was never keen on gold modding GI. I just picked run speed for the hell of it. You could look at putting it into Shadow Step, breaking free of roots is pretty cool, though I modded cooldown because I love teleporting over fences and stuff :D

Shoogoo

roxya said:
I was never keen on gold modding GI. I just picked run speed for the hell of it. You could look at putting it into Shadow Step, breaking free of roots is pretty cool, though I modded cooldown because I love teleporting over fences and stuff :D

You make it look like you made 50 HE :D Thx though. I sometimes use shadow step but not enough to mod it. Is resilience that bad?

Resilience - Reduces the impact and duration of incoming detrimental effects. (30% + 0.3% per CA level reduction on debuffs)

I suppose it reduce the time of poison, fire, root, -???-, effects?

Ettie

Does this play well with the 360 controller on PC's? Thinking of picking up a copy for me and the wife to play, 19.99 at GS is too good to pass on.

EDIT: Also, with the campaign co-op, even though one player doesn't get quest advancement, do they still share in the xp rewards?

ripsa

Neo Member
Ettenra said:
Does this play well with the 360 controller on PC's? Thinking of picking up a copy for me and the wife to play, 19.99 at GS is too good to pass on.

EDIT: Also, with the campaign co-op, even though one player doesn't get quest advancement, do they still share in the xp rewards?

It plays great on the 360 controller and yes it can be picked up for a bargin right now. It's also one of the most awesome multiplayer games I've played.

Not sure how the XP allocation works exactly in multiplayer. Someone who is more of an expert should know. It seems fine to me tho' as everyone seems to be happy enough with the loot and XP allocation in multiplayer whenever I've played.

Shoogoo

Damn now there is something I wonder. I've dropped this piece yesterday

celdrahilshelm.gif

But mine is nowhere near 180AL and the stats sucks compared to that. Does it change based on your level?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Shoogoo said:
Damn now there is something I wonder. I've dropped this piece yesterday

celdrahilshelm.gif

But mine is nowhere near 180AL and the stats sucks compared to that. Does it change based on your level?
Stats change depending on item level yes, also some bonuses can stack or differ. (PC)
*Did you happen to find any +skill rings or ammys yet? It can take a couple warps or retry's to find em in the shop.

Shoogoo

Hazaro said:
Stats change depending on item level yes, also some bonuses can stack or differ. (PC)

But the item doesn't evolve according to your level then? If I have a sucky helm it will remain a sucky helm until I find a newer, higher level helm. Right?

Hazaro said:
*Did you happen to find any +skill rings or ammys yet? It can take a couple warps or retry's to find em in the shop.

Yes, I can't thank you enough. I have +3 on my armor, legguard, and arms. +3 on a sword, +2 on 4 rings and +2 on 2 amulets. My fireball goes for 800 dmg, regens in 0.8s and I walk through the game. I think I'll rush to the next difficulty level because it has become too easy.

Also, I don't know exactly who is Spiiike in my friend list but I'm sorry. There is a reason I never added any gaffer on this game. I play this with my gf and we only have one gold sub. And even if we had two, I'm not sure we could play over xbox live on the same console. She could come as a guest, maybe, but that wouldn't be fair for her to start a new character (that can't be saved either).

edit : another question. What's the max + all skills for rings and ammys? is it +2?

XShagrath

Alright.. I've got a stupid question. I hear all this negative talk about "eating runes", but I don't see anything on screen in the description that says why that would be bad. I'm wondering what the advantage of slotting a rune (say, Nether Allegiance for Shadow Warriors) instead of going to the blacksmith and getting Enhance to bring my regen rate down?

Aurora

Shoogoo said:
But the item doesn't evolve according to your level then? If I have a sucky helm it will remain a sucky helm until I find a newer, higher level helm. Right?

edit : another question. What's the max + all skills for rings and ammys? is it +2?
1) Items evolve according to your Survival Bonus. The higher it is the more bonus you get out of your items. So for example an item with Attack +20 might increase to say +22 after SB increases a certain amount. SB will not create bonuses on items however, it can only enhance already existing ones. So if an item has shit bonuses it won't gain better ones unless you actually slot some on (or obviously find a better/higher level item).

2) There is no real cap. Changes depending on level/difficulty/EP/Bargaining. I've seen +22 all skill ammies before.

roxya

Shoogoo said:

Depends on the item level and I guess difficulty. +18 stuff exists and most likely higher

Top Bottom