• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row 2 |OT|

Oh man....anyone done the Vehicle Surfing diversion? In every open world city game I jump on a car's hood and try to ride it around, and this one actually encourages it! SR2 has not yet ceased to amaze me (except framerate-wise).

raYne

BigKaboom2 said:
Oh man....anyone done the Vehicle Surfing diversion? In every open world city game I jump on a car's hood and try to ride it around, and this one actually encourages it! SR2 has not yet ceased to amaze me.
How else will I show how much of a bad-ass I am than to do a handstand on the hood of a moving car while my co-op friend and 3 people from my posse do a driveby on unsuspecting foos?

MrTroubleMaker said:
What tipped me off about the old numbers was a news report on the radio saying something about a zombie, so I thought the same thing. Who knows, they have so much stuff packed in this game, she might be there somewhere:)
She better be. :/

ice cream

Banned
BigKaboom2 said:
Oh man....anyone done the Vehicle Surfing diversion? In every open world city game I jump on a car's hood and try to ride it around, and this one actually encourages it! SR2 has not yet ceased to amaze me (except framerate-wise).
How do you do this? I put my car on auto drive and then jumped out of it, then jumped on top of the car, but nothign came up saying I could surf it ...?

raYne

ice cream said:
How do you do this? I put my car on auto drive and then jumped out of it, then jumped on top of the car, but nothign came up saying I could surf it ...?
You can only activate it with someone at the wheel. Co-op partner, random NPC etc

raYne said:
How else will I show how much of a bad-ass I am than to do a handstand on the hood of a moving car while my co-op friend and 3 people from my posse do a driveby on unsuspecting foos?
:lol :lol :lol Amazing.
ice cream said:
Oh man, now you've ruined it for me by pointing out that you can't ghost ride the whip... :(

Ledsen

Played all day with my friend in co-op today. This might be the most fun I've had with a video game, ever. I know I'm dying to play Fallout 3, Dead Space, Far Cry 2, Fable 2, Gears 2, PoP, Tomb Raider: U etc etc, but there's just no way anything will come even close to being this much fun. We've basically been laughing non-stop all day, it's insane! BUY THIS GAME

so yea...i played it at a friend's house, left his house and went straight to buy it. it is NOT lame like it looks. its FUN.

the thing that got me hooked was when
i was supposed to buy clothes at sloppy seconds, so i jacked a car to get there (it was right around the corner). the chick i jacked ran around to the store and started fighting me, so i knocked her down and ran in the store. she follows me, so i killed the bitch right there in the store. some alarm went off, the cops come shooting, im shooting back... i throw somebody out of a car and hop in...as soon as slam the door nas' "new york state of mind" dropped..."straight out the motherfuckin dungeons of rap....".

i was like ooooooh shit. consequently i had to complete a couple missions in my orange jumpsuit. yea...fun game

zsswimmer

Mister D said:
You get it for completing level 3 of one of the Fuzz instances. To get infinite pistol ammo, complete level 6.
That's the thing, I did beat level 6. I even had infinite ammo until today I noticed that it wasn't unlimited anymore. I couldn't figure out why.

Cobra84

zsswimmer said:
That's the thing, I did beat level 6. I even had infinite ammo until today I noticed that it wasn't unlimited anymore. I couldn't figure out why.

Its only unlimited when you use a weapon you took from your weapons cache.

zsswimmer said:
You might have picked up that weapon and it will only have the amount of ammo in that gun, go back to your crib or gun store and reselect the gun, that should get it back to infinite. Its done this to me as well, and this always fixed it for me.

zsswimmer

Thanks I'll try that. This game was definitely worth buying, really only a couple of problems with the game. The main one that bugs me is how the cars have like 3 gears and top out in 10 secs, I noticed on the highway I was barely passing other cars at top speed. It was the same way with the first SR. Other than that, the missions and activities are a ton of fun.

deadbeef

Does anyone know if I can import my Saints Row character into this new game? I put a helluva lot of time into the first game, and to see how this first game starts out - I really want to have my old character model in the game.

Help?

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
deadbeef said:
Does anyone know if I can import my Saints Row character into this new game? I put a helluva lot of time into the first game, and to see how this first game starts out - I really want to have my old character model in the game.

Help?
You can't

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
extremely fun game so far, but I have an unlockable question, which is why I'm spoilering.

I unlocked "bodyguards" under customization, but I can't seem to find said bodyguard customization option anywhere...is it a store, a selectable inside the underground mansion, etc?

Amir0x

Banned
I wish the game would tell me BEFORE I allow someone to join my game whether they have cheats enabled or not -_-

something like: WARNING: The following player has cheats enabled. Are you sure you want to continue?

Brashnir

zsswimmer said:
Hey guys I got the Kobra pistol, and I thought it had infinite ammo. But today I whipped it out and and noticed that I only had about 25 rounds, and I ran out of ammo eventually. Has anyone else had this problem?

certain activities will mess with your unlimited ammo perks. Just go back to a crib and re-equip the unlimited version to fix it.

MMaRsu

Amir0x said:
I wish the game would tell me BEFORE I allow someone to join my game whether they have cheats enabled or not -_-

something like: WARNING: The following player has cheats enabled. Are you sure you want to continue?

Does this matter in the way of achievements or are you just sayin because it's annoying?

FoeHammer

Ledsen said:
Played all day with my friend in co-op today. This might be the most fun I've had with a video game, ever. I know I'm dying to play Fallout 3, Dead Space, Far Cry 2, Fable 2, Gears 2, PoP, Tomb Raider: U etc etc, but there's just no way anything will come even close to being this much fun. We've basically been laughing non-stop all day, it's insane! BUY THIS GAME

Same here, this game is a freaking blast.

Meohsix

Metroidvania said:
extremely fun game so far, but I have an unlockable question, which is why I'm spoilering.

I unlocked "bodyguards" under customization, but I can't seem to find said bodyguard customization option anywhere...is it a store, a selectable inside the underground mansion, etc?

go to the saints hide out and there is a gang icon where you can change your tag, gang cars and gang style

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I like shooting someone in their car, the passenger still inside with their mouth agape in a D: expression and me driving off with the limp dead body thrashing around in the car to each corner and bump.

Linkhero1

Stupid Snatch Mission Level 6 was ass for Sons of Samedi in Chinatown. It took me one friggin hour to beat level 6:lol

Edit: If you guys want to have some real fun get a car, find a gas station and drive towards the pumps at high speed.

Brashnir

idahoblue said:
Suburbs level 3 Fuzz is giving me the shits...

Fuzz is weird in that sometimes it'll give you 3 of the tougher crime types in a row (bank robber, mailman, runaway APC) and then the next time it will give you a bunch of easy ones instead. Just do it a few times and eventually you'll get a fairly easy set of objectives.

Dead Man

Brashnir said:
Fuzz is weird in that sometimes it'll give you 3 of the tougher crime types in a row (bank robber, mailman, runaway APC) and then the next time it will give you a bunch of easy ones instead. Just do it a few times and eventually you'll get a fairly easy set of objectives.
Yeah, that's the plan, but I'm on my sixth go right now :| Either I get 3 od the hard missions, or I screw up with the driving and get stuck, or some other stupid thing happens. Gonna give it a break and go do one of the millions of other things to do!

Awesome game!!

I have been playing it since thursday, been doin only Activities with a coop buddy, no storymissions yet. Over 20 hours played, 27% done, I got various perks unlocked, my Respect level is Infinite and I love to throw people around.
:D

So after I did a stronghold and was in a strip club I discovered the ho-ing diversion.

It's not listed on the diversions page for whatever reason, and I got up to level 8 or so before it got hard (lol). Is there an end to the levels and an unlockable or achievement for getting through them all?

Also, I've bailed out of things, opened my parachute, and hit y to base jump, but I totally don't see any target down there. Does it show on the map or anything? What am I looking for?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
platypotamus said:
So after I did a stronghold and was in a strip club I discovered the ho-ing diversion.

It's not listed on the diversions page for whatever reason, and I got up to level 8 or so before it got hard (lol). Is there an end to the levels and an unlockable or achievement for getting through them all?
Level 10 completion gets you a pimp outfit.

This game is unbelievable. I haven't had this much fun with a game like this in ages.

I haven't gotten to play as much as I'd like, only about 5 hours in... I've only done two or three missions. I keep doing side jobs, and fucking with people in general. Finding high places and tossing people into traffic below... :lol

saunderez

platypotamus said:
Ho-ing has 10 levels. I found it ridiculously easy. It unlocks a cool Pimp Suit.

avcables

Banned
Dunno how many people have come across this Camp Fear-like place, but there's what looks to be a Jason hockey mask. And a prompt when you walk over it, but it does nothing. I'm guessing it's a gimmick?

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

I just realized that I didn't take a picture of the real prompt. The cellphone rang at the wrong time, haha. It says "Press A to pick up bones" but it doesn't do anything no matter how many times you press A or what you have in your inventory or your hands. Anyone know?

Metroidvania

Thanks to those who answered my earlier question, now I have another one quick.

Just beat the fight club sequence, got the unlockable rewards...but no achievement. Is there something I'm missing?

edit: I don't know if there is more than one "club", but didnt' see a qualifier such as "suburbs" or "university" before Fight club in the reward screen, when others do have them....

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Metroidvania said:
Thanks to those who answered my earlier question, now I have another one quick.

Just beat the fight club sequence, got the unlockable rewards...but no achievement. Is there something I'm missing?

edit: I don't know if there is more than one "club", but didnt' see a qualifier such as "suburbs" or "university" before Fight club in the reward screen, when others do have them....
There's another Fight Club on the prison island, you either have to walk back through the prison or land a chopper in the back courtyard or parachute down and in. You have to complete both for the achievement

Metroidvania

Nozdeuce said:
There's another Fight Club on the prison island, you either have to walk back through the prison or land a chopper in the back courtyard or parachute down and in. You have to complete both for the achievement

Thanks, hadn't been anywhere near there, and without the qualifier, I had no idea.

Been playing this game for 7 hours straight...and I haven't gotten bored once. :D

Linkhero1

Did
All 6 levels of drug trafficking near the airport and 3 levels of snatch for Ronin and the game froze on me right after.
All I have to say is thank God for Autosave :lol

Amazing game so far, more than I could of hoped for from a sequel. I'm currently about 20% in according to my save.

The only thing that is bothering me, and it probably shouldn't, is that it's way way too easy to get Respect in this game. I'm currently at x28 and it's just raising steadily, 3 or 4 levels of one activity is five full bars. I've completed a few activities (Mayhem, Fuzz, Insurance Fraud, etc...) and when you beat the last level you're rewarded something like 3 bars all at once plus whatever your style bonus is. Then driving around, maybe just because I'm awesome, I get shit tons of respect from stunts (oncoming lane, power slide, near miss, and two wheels mostly). I do the story missions but I hate to rush it, but seeing that mission multiplier and knowing it just keeps getting bigger sort of bugs me.

In the original Saint's Row I'd usually max out around x9 or x11 and by that point I'd of been not doing story missions for a long time.

Linkhero1

Houston3000 said:
Amazing game so far, more than I could of hoped for from a sequel. I'm currently about 20% in according to my save.

The only thing that is bothering me, and it probably shouldn't, is that it's way way too easy to get Respect in this game. I'm currently at x28 and it's just raising steadily, 3 or 4 levels of one activity is five full bars. I've completed a few activities (Mayhem, Fuzz, Insurance Fraud, etc...) and when you beat the last level you're rewarded something like 3 bars all at once plus whatever your style bonus is. Then driving around, maybe just because I'm awesome, I get shit tons of respect from stunts (oncoming lane, power slide, near miss, and two wheels mostly). I do the story missions but I hate to rush it, but seeing that mission multiplier and knowing it just keeps getting bigger sort of bugs me.

In the original Saint's Row I'd usually max out around x9 or x11 and by that point I'd of been not doing story missions for a long time.
Actually I'm kind of glad it's easier to get respect this time around. In the first Saints Row I'd usually spend one hour to get a full respect bar doing the activities (yeah I sucked) and I never really got the missions. Plus there are so many activities you shouldn't feel like you're rushing the game, just do activities :p

So far I have 90+rep and haven't started story mode yet :eek:

Linkhero1 said:
Actually I'm kind of glad it's easier to get respect this time around. In the first Saints Row I'd usually spend one hour to get a full respect bar doing the activities (yeah I sucked) and I never really got the missions. Plus there are so many activities you shouldn't feel like you're rushing the game, just do activities :p

So far I have 90+rep and haven't started story mode yet :eek:

There's not really a "Story Mode" you just do Missions as opposed to Activities or Diversions. There are multiple missions to take at any one time, from all the different gangs, you should play them - a lot of cool and funny cinematics to watch. That is... if you've at least done the first three or so (to start building up the Saints) but I assume you have or otherwise you wouldn't of had a starting crib for money, a weapon stash, or a garage

Linkhero1

Houston3000 said:
There's not really a "Story Mode" you just do Missions as opposed to Activities or Diversions. There are multiple missions to take at any one time, from all the different gangs, you should play them - a lot of cool and funny cinematics to watch. That is... if you've at least done the first three or so (to start building up the Saints) but I assume you have or otherwise you wouldn't of had a starting crib for money, a weapon stash, or a garage
I meant the main story missions. I know there isn't a story mode xD

Yeah I did the first two or three because I didn't expect to get into activities in the beginning.

This game is pretty good but I'm glad I rented, the glitches and slowdown are annoying as fuck. A friend and I just tried for an hour to do the heli attack or whatever activity and we keep getting stuck on level 5 when we have to lower the chopper so the dudes can hop on the rails. One of them just sits there every damn time. I am also 110% not interested in this lame ass story.

MMaRsu

Bumblebeetuna said:
This game is pretty good but I'm glad I rented, the glitches and slowdown are annoying as fuck. A friend and I just tried for an hour to do the heli attack or whatever activity and we keep getting stuck on level 5 when we have to lower the chopper so the dudes can hop on the rails. One of them just sits there every damn time. I am also 110% not interested in this lame ass story.

Well good for you since the story is actually really funny so you dont even know what you are talking about :lol

And try clearing your cache or something, I did that mission easily.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
This game is an absolute blast in CO-OP. A friend and I spent the better half of yesterday playing a system link game. We pretty much just did activities the entire time and it was great. I'm particularly fond of the crowd control.

I love how easy it is to gain respect this time around as well. Basically, I'm finding that playing activites in CO-OP is a great way to pave the way for you to enjoy the story based missions on your own (though I'll probably want to do those in CO-OP as well).

I found it to be surprisingly glitch free. Most of the glitches that would occur were actually enjoyable as well. We ran into a couple of crashes as well as a problem with the helicopter failing to show up during certain crowd control missions, but other than that, it was reliable (unlike Mercs 2).

It's just a shame the game is still pretty ugly and has a poor framerate. Both have been improved over the original, but it has nothing on GTAIV. Heck, I thought Mercs 2 even looked and ran better overall. Still, it doesn't actually get in the way of the fun.

Dabanton

MMaRsu said:
Well good for you since the story is actually really funny so you dont even know what you are talking about :lol

And try clearing your cache or something, I did that mission easily.

Yeah the story is pretty good and engaging.

by 'good' i mean for a video game. The story won't win any Oscars ;) but it's already three times as better as GTA:IV sorry excuse for a story. The main character is a brutal son of bitch though.:lol

I'm doing some Brotherhood missions and so far i've made the lead brotherhood guy
crush his GF in a monster truck and yesterday broke that tattooists arm so he can't play guitar anymore.
:lol

Even i was a little shocked about that.

Top Bottom