• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row 2 |OT|

Egg Shen

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Sister Christian just came on the radio. My guy started to sing along for the entire song. :lol
My guy did "The Final Countdown" at one point, just like that when I was driving from Saint's Row to the airport...all of the little things Volition put into this game really kept it fun. Even the Ambulance diversion had shock paddle and CPR mini-games.

Hootie said:
Tow Truck diversion is fucking impossible.
I gave up on this after my truck exploded from all of the damage when I was about Level 6 or 7, but I might try it again. Firefighting was fun, but as heavy as the firetruck feels to drive, small compact cars can still knock it around.

MMaRsu said:
Well good for you since the story is actually really funny so you dont even know what you are talking about :lol

And try clearing your cache or something, I did that mission easily.

Yeah I was laughing at how stupid it is and how annoyingly crappy the voice acting is. Is that what you meant by really funny? And how would my cache make the game glitch at the exact same spot on one mission for both of us? The game is just a little glitchy, more so in co-op. But like I said it's still a fun game.

MMaRsu

Bumblebeetuna said:
Yeah I was laughing at how stupid it is and how annoyingly crappy the voice acting is. Is that what you meant by really funny? And how would my cache make the game glitch at the exact same spot on one mission for both of us? The game is just a little glitchy, more so in co-op. But like I said it's still a fun game.

Crappy voice acting? Wow really?

MMaRsu

Heh I'm going on a shopping spree buying every store I see :p.

Except I can't buy Brotherhood controlled stores yet cause I haven't done any missions of those guys yet :p.

Linkhero1

MMaRsu said:
Heh I'm going on a shopping spree buying every store I see :p.

Except I can't buy Brotherhood controlled stores yet cause I haven't done any missions of those guys yet :p.
I've only bought an airplane hanger. Trying to save all the money so I can buy out all the stores later :p

MMaRsu

Linkhero1 said:
I've only bought an airplane hanger. Trying to save all the money so I can buy out all the stores later :p

Well I already got 400k :p.

Does anyone know where I can find the drive in theater for the hitman mission?

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
MMaRsu said:
Well I already got 400k :p.

Does anyone know where I can find the drive in theater for the hitman mission?
North West (top left) corner of the expanded arena district, look for a big white screen and a shabby building.

raYne

Nozdeuce said:
North West (top left) corner of the expanded arena district, look for a big white screen and a shabby building.
Yeah, just "found" it a few seconds ago after finishing up a Trailblazing activity.

i6kv8x.gif

MMaRsu

Nozdeuce said:

Thx man, thought I can't find technically legal in suburbs :\ any help?

raYne

MMaRsu said:
Same place you did the Ronin standoff mission on the roof of the club. Just southeast of Foreign Power. Like a block away or so.

Nozdeuce

MMaRsu said:
It's the old Teenay club from SR1, its North East of Pussies nightclub along the main drag in the suburbs

Edit: Beaten :lol

Nozdeuce

Darklord said:
Where can you find a coat that lets you flash?
At the costume shop in the secret mall in the High End Retail district just a bit to the right of the Penthouse Loft.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
What in the holy fuck, I just did the Samedi mission where you have to kill a load of bad guys outside the Saints' Mission. I get to 59 and there's no one left.

Except one.

And he was fucking trapped in the wall! I could just see his arms and legs poking out every now and then! Fuck was that annoying, I had to restart from the checkpoint, which thankfully was just before that. :lol

raYne

Darklord said:
Where can you find a coat that lets you flash?
That reminds me,

When I did those activities there was a guy who was did the following: First he said, "Ugh.. what? No one wants to see that", but right afterwards he pulls out a full blown camera and takes a picture. :lol

MMaRsu

Man FUCK MAYHEM

jesus christ they made it so unfair and hard this time.
Everytime you get knocked over a cop or gangbanger shoots you in the face with a fucking rifle...and you can't do shit because some car exploded and hit you in the face with the bumper or tire.

ARGHHHHHHHHH

raYne

MMaRsu said:
Man FUCK MAYHEM

Everytime you get knocked over a cop or gangbanger shoots you in the face with a fucking rifle...and you can't do shit because some car exploded and hit you in the face with the bumper or tire.

ARGHHHHHHHHH
Weaksauce.gif

Nozdeuce

MMaRsu said:
Man FUCK MAYHEM

ARGHHHHHHHHH
Real pros shoot fences, not cars :D

newsguy

I have a question abot moves. What activity do I need to do to upgrade them? I saw the youtube vids where the guy was doing rock bottoms and all kinds of cool slams.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
cjelly said:
What in the holy fuck, I just did the Samedi mission where you have to kill a load of bad guys outside the Saints' Mission. I get to 59 and there's no one left.

Except one.

And he was fucking trapped in the wall! I could just see his arms and legs poking out every now and then! Fuck was that annoying, I had to restart from the checkpoint, which thankfully was just before that. :lol

When I did it, he was standing across the street minding his own business. So I had to sprint over there and cap him. I say sprint because he was out of the area where the fight was going on, so I only had a short time to get over there and shoot him. I am finding lil glitches like this all over the game.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
newsguy said:
I have a question abot moves. What activity do I need to do to upgrade them? I saw the youtube vids where the guy was doing rock bottoms and all kinds of cool slams.

You have to get progression in the story missions, there's one style for each gang.

While I'm at it...does the ho-ing diversion actually provide any benefits? I just finished off the assassination involving one, and I'm curioua.

MMaRsu said:
Man FUCK MAYHEM

ARGHHHHHHHHH

every once in a while you'll find an
attack chopper
on the roof of police headquarters in the saints row district. makes mayhem a lot easier, just go into the area, find a long string of fences, destroy away.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Amir0x said:
I wish the game would tell me BEFORE I allow someone to join my game whether they have cheats enabled or not -_-

something like: WARNING: The following player has cheats enabled. Are you sure you want to continue?

I know!!!! I have over an hour of gameplay to make up because of it and not 100% sure I want to.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
newsguy said:

You have to get progression in the story missions, there's one style for each gang.

While I'm at it...does the ho-ing diversion actually provide any benefits? I just finished off the assassination involving one, and I'm curious.

Edit: Lol, a pimp suit. :lol

Has ANYONE been able to play a "quick match" at all on their PS3 version?

Everyone time I join, whether ranked or unranked, it'll just sit there and never actually go into a game. Players will show up then go away, but a match never starts

WTF!?

raYne

So far I've unlocked the Ronin and Samedi (plus the obvious starter Brawler) fighting styles. I sorta wish you could combine fighting styles, because each of them has a few "Holy shit!" moves/attacks that I want to use. :/

newsguy said:
Thanks alot. I'm like 10 hours in and I've only done the mandatory story stuff :lol
There's mandatory stuff?

MMaRsu

Yeah I know about fences, I was actually 5000 away from getting it that time.

But then, a fucking FBI truck ran me over, some brotherhood fools started shooting their AK's at me and shit.. and there you go.

Just like Snatch I did just now..
This is level 6 btw..so ok.

I need three more hoes, so I drive to the airport where they are, I recruit them but my car is almost busted so I need a new one, at that point I've already got a 4 star brotherhood gang on my ass, but I manage to survive after a battle of a few minutes. With little time left on my clock I race my ass in my newly aquired taxi to Chinatown where I'm supposed to deliver these hoes. On the way there my taxi starts smoking because fools are shooting at it like crazy. On the way there I notice a garage icon coming up, and I'm thinking " YES I can repair it and just breeze on outta here ^_^ " .

FAIL

I drive into it, and try to press the Y button to repair it, at that same fucking second a brotherhood car rams into me, and the garage gives me the message " something is blocking your path". I kill them, but seconds after I've killed them the alarm goes off, and two other brotherhood cars now ram into the garage so I'm climbing over there cars to get the fuck outta there, suddenly a police car from outta nowhere rams me ... I'm lying on the ground and I get busted.

FUCK THAT

raYne

MMaRsu said:
Yeah I know about fences, I was actually 5000 away from getting it that time.

But then, a fucking FBI truck ran me over, some brotherhood fools started shooting their AK's at me and shit.. and there you go.

Just like Snatch I did just now..
This is level 6 btw..so ok.

I need three more hoes, so I drive to the airport where they are, I recruit them but my car is almost busted so I need a new one, at that point I've already got a 4 star brotherhood gang on my ass, but I manage to survive after a battle of a few minutes. With little time left on my clock I race my ass in my newly aquired taxi to Chinatown where I'm supposed to deliver these hoes. On the way there my taxi starts smoking because fools are shooting at it like crazy. On the way there I notice a garage icon coming up, and I'm thinking " YES I can repair it and just breeze on outta here ^_^ " .

FAIL

I drive into it, and try to press the Y button to repair it, at that same fucking second a brotherhood car rams into me, and the garage gives me the message " something is blocking your path". I kill them, but seconds after I've killed them the alarm goes off, and two other brotherhood cars now ram into the garage so I'm climbing over there cars to get the fuck outta there, suddenly a police car from outta nowhere rams me ... I'm lying on the ground and I get busted.

FUCK THAT
Note to self, don't let MMaRsu plan anything...

Billen said:
Not a single freeze and very few bugs so far for me. Buy it, works great and is fecesloads of fun.
lulz

newsguy said:

I can't figure out how to do a rock bottom - I've done a backbreaker and a death valley driver with the Brotherhood melee style but haven't figured out that one. Maybe (RT RT RT) is one combo, then (LT LT LT), and then maybe it extends to (LT LT RT), (RT LT RT) and stuff like that. Not sure.

newsguy

raYne said:
There's mandatory stuff?

Well I mean mandatory in the sense of I needed to do the initial mission to get back Gat, and the one to at least have a crib for storage. Other than that I'm just doing whatever the hell.

raYne

BigKaboom2 said:
I can't figure out how to do a rock bottom - I've done a backbreaker and a death valley driver with the Brotherhood melee style but haven't figured out that one. Maybe (RT RT RT) is one combo, then (LT LT LT), and then maybe it extends to (LT LT RT), (RT LT RT) and stuff like that. Not sure.
It does..

newsguy said:
Well I mean mandatory in the sense of I needed to do the initial mission to get back Gat, and the one to at least have a crib for storage. Other than that I'm just doing whatever the hell.
Oh those. Well, yea.. that makes sense.

You've been doing that for 10 hours?! :p

newsguy

raYne said:
You've been doing that for 10 hours?! :p

lol no. ever since I did those I've just done 10 hours of stricly activities and diversions. I guess because those are the things that I missed in GTA, I could just do those and the game would be worth it.

SIP YEK NOD said:
every once in a while you'll find an
attack chopper
on the roof of police headquarters in the saints row district. makes mayhem a lot easier, just go into the area, find a long string of fences, destroy away.
:O nice, thanks!

pr0cs

When I first started playing I felt that the game wasn't as good as the first, that maybe the first game was tainted by rose colored goggles (ie: nostalgia made it out to be better than it was) but 35% in (not even done one enemy gang yet) I say that the sequel is better than the first and reminded me why I love sandbox games. This game really is great.

pr0cs said:
When I first started playing I felt that the game wasn't as good as the first, that maybe the first game was tainted by rose colored goggles (ie: nostalgia made it out to be better than it was) but 35% in (not even done one enemy gang yet) I say that the sequel is better than the first and reminded me why I love sandbox games. This game really is great.

I was actually having a conversation with a coworker who's new to the series. Yeah, he wasn't impressed by SR2 at first either....I'd wondered why but then I actually got to play it myself and indeed, IMO SR2 starts off a bit worse then SR1 did...especially if your new to the series.

Top Bottom