• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

Ashtar

Went against my better judgement and used a 5 dollar coupon for amazon and got 10 dollar gift certificate. Should be here in a few days
Gonna take yung hunma for a spin nh

I wanted to check out the Machinima stream, but they're just making as ugly a character as possible. Ugh, I remember why I hate watching other people play games.

Ploid 3.0

Dwzgo.gif

Darmik

Just finished the third the other day and have sorted out my Steam issues so I'm all ready to go for tomorrow! For anyone in Australia as long as you have registered a US key you should be able to preload (and I'm presuming activate) using a VPN. Using a VPN is still a risk however so I'm leaving the VPN on until the Australian release date just to be safe. I would not recommend using a VPN to buy the US version directly from Steam. Luckily I don't need to use my gaming PC to surf the internet in general. It's a shame I need to do this, but it's either this or no buy at all.

I really enjoyed playing through the Third with Laura Bailey's (Female Voice 1). Hopefully she continues to call everyone sweetie.

With the superhero gameplay these casual clothes just doesn't cut it anymore. I wish they have some better costume dlc or more customizable clothes (length of sleeves, place decal anywhere, etc)

Frankly the disparity in the 360 and PS3 reviews is the only thing of any concern to me. Didn't rent the 360 version, and was actually considering the midnight launch :p

The two lowest reviews for the PS3 versions are both from playstation focused publications, doubt there's that much of a difference between the two consoles.

I believe so. Everyone says it's a trusted site, although I haven't used it. I probably will for both this and Rome 2.

(Regarding NUUVEM) I ordered SR 4 from them a few days back, went fine, but the only thing I would warn people about is that it may be unlocked later for Brazil. My account page SEEMS to say it will be posted 8/23. I don't read Portuguese though, so I may be misinterpreting it, or they may post the keys earlier for preloading and it would work for those in US. I'll be a little disappointed if I have to wait, but OH WELL! Just FYI, if anyone knows different let me know!

The two lowest reviews for the PS3 versions are both from playstation focused publications, doubt there's that much of a difference between the two consoles.

OPM UK review has one relevant sentence devoted to the framrate. 10-15 fps for minutes at a time sounds horrible. I really need a new vid card so I can play this on PC.

Rest of the review was the usual ignorable analogies and piffle about how GTAIV was better.

Squire

Banned
OPM UK review has one relevant sentence devoted to the framrate. 10-15 fps for minutes at a time sounds horrible. I really need a new vid card so I can play this on PC.

Rest of the review was the usual ignorable analogies and piffle about how GTAIV was better.

Christ, it's really going to take GTA V for some people to admit IV isn't very good.

15 fps for "minutes at a time?" Wut. That cannot be something that's gone unfixed in the final code.

Sooo close to launch! I have my Steam version preloaded and ready to go, and my 360 Game of the Generation version shipping soon from Amazon (which I will be selling the game out of).

Haha [DLC TITLE SPOILERS]
GAT V
and
Saints Save XMAS
. Fantastic.

Anybody had any experience with early Amazon deliveries? They were the cheapest... had bad experiences with them before though.

GAT V
and
Saints Save XMAS
. Fantastic.

Anybody had any experience with early Amazon deliveries? They were the cheapest... had bad experiences with them before though.

Hmm, I've used Amazon tons of times for videogames and never had a problem. With my Prime shipping, I've never had a game not delivered on release date, but I've never gotten one even a day early before.

Zeth

$39.99 with coupon on GMG? Yes please!

Plus surprise $9 credit I forgot about - oh yeah! Love that feel.

TxdoHawk

GAT V
and
Saints Save XMAS
. Fantastic.

It really depends on where you live and who they choose to handle your deliveries. Mail delivery is like cell phone service, no company is perfect everywhere, and often times you can find that USPS or Fedex or whoever is great on one side of town but absolutely abysmal on the other.

TxdoHawk

Just FYI, beware the 24 hour stream. I saw a tweet pop up this morning that (I believe) spoils the ending or at least a major part of the endgame. Looks like pretty much no one is monitoring those tweets.

That said, they are giving out Steam codes for the PC version on the @Machinima_com Twitter account along with a replica tentacle bat, just need to retweet the appropriate tweets and follow the account. No need to even look at the stream for that.

WatTsu

Hm. So I've got the PS3 SDWW version on preorder but the performance issues/lower Metacritic score worry me. I hate using MC as a barometer but I want the best possible SR4 experience (and I don't have a high-end PC, so that's out).

Should I try to get it switched over to the 360 version?

pahamrick

Just FYI, beware the 24 hour stream. I saw a tweet pop up this morning that (I believe) spoils the ending or at least a major part of the endgame. Looks like pretty much no one is monitoring those tweets.

That said, they are giving out Steam codes for the PC version on the @Machinima_com Twitter account along with a replica tentacle bat, just need to retweet the appropriate tweets and follow the account. No need to even look at the stream for that.

Oh, nice. Thanks for the heads up on the give-away. Now if the stars align, I might get to play IV after all.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Is that stream being done from inside a HVAC unit? SO MUCH WUBUWBUWBUWBUWBWUB, and it's not from Dubstep.

About Season Pass: Nope. Wait for the inevitable Steam Sale discounts, that cover DLC content. In a year, you could probably get all of it for $3-5.

Pre-ordered this game months ago on 360, for some E3 promotion, and just this weekend my 360 bit the dust. So this game has already shipped for me, and I have no system to play it on. I wonder if I can exchange it for the PS3 version or if I should send the 360 in for repairs and hold off on playing it until I get it back.

Facism

Anybody got their greenmangaming steam keys yet or is this going to be a release day thing with them?

Actually sorry the last few posts answered that question, apologies for the post fluff.

How about that saints row 4 eh? bet it's going to be MAZIN ;p

DasRaven

SR4 Strategy Guide getting special weapon skins

As a completist, the fact that they're spreading "exclusive" content all over different preorders/guides/passes/services is driving me nuts and making me want to just wait for the "full package" version. Maybe even a next-gen version that fixes the frame-rate issues compared to the PC version.

ChuckNyce

Wanted to pick this up but had insufficient funds due to real life and beginning onslaught of games. Woke up this morning to find that a friend had gifted me a Steam copy. I'll be there at 12:01 with a big ass bag of Twizzlers and my Sony Pulse headset. Represent SR4 GAF crew!

Wanted to pick this up but had insufficient funds due to real life and beginning onslaught of games. Woke up this morning to find that a friend had gifted me a Steam copy. I'll be there at 12:01 with a big ass bag of Twizzlers and my Sony Pulse headset. Represent SR4 GAF crew!

Damn, I wish I had friends like that haha. Awesome!

Mononoke

Banned
Anybody got their greenmangaming steam keys yet or is this going to be a release day thing with them?

Actually sorry the last few posts answered that question, apologies for the post fluff.

How about that saints row 4 eh? bet it's going to be MAZIN ;p

Thinking of just asking for a refund, and just buying it on Amazon for $44 and pre-loading it now. Pretty stupid I know. Watch, I do this and then they send out the keys later today before 9 then tell me they can't refund as the keys were distributed.

GMG just sent me a Steam Code, but it looks to be for the pre-order bonus stuff only and it won't register in Steam until GMG sends me the full Saints Row IV code.

I bet that email is going to confuse a lot of people, though.

Facism

Thinking of just asking for a refund, and just buying it on Amazon for $44 and pre-loading it now. Pretty stupid I know. Watch, I do this and then they send out the keys later today before 9 then tell me they can't refund as the keys were distributed.

i'm just happy to pay a sane price for the game via gmg US. £40 for a pc game? 'avin a giggle the cheeky gits.

Top Bottom