• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

Weenerz

Banned
Yeah, I used a VPN, although I'm a bit worried because I've heard reports of them deleting the game from your library, although this wasn't some dodgy Russian key. That said, even if they do, I'd be out £28 anyway. And I doubt they'd ban my account.

Now I just need to resist the urge to VPN to play it on my two days off from work, Weds & Thurs, instead of waiting until Friday...

The VPN thing is from unlocking a game early from what I can tell.

God damn it, and I bought off Nuuvem after being told it was safe to do it

Same... I was wondering if anybody who speaks Portuguese would be kind enough to write up an e-mail for a refund for those of us who've ordered from the site? Or is there any way to set up a Steam account in a different region?

Sober

God damn it, Deep Silver.
People with a GMG key, are they listed as ROW or NA specific if you ordered from the US?
There shouldn't be a NA specific key. I bought it from Steam in Canada and on my account it lists it as ROW.

I thought it was just AUS and ROW skus.

Turfster

There shouldn't be a NA specific key. I bought it from Steam in Canada and on my account it lists it as ROW.

I thought it was just AUS and ROW skus.

Well, since people in the thread are having trouble activating the "NA - ROW" key they got from Amazon in Europe, there is one since 3 days ago.
I'm seeing an AU, BR, PL/HU/CZ/SK, RU/CIS, Asia, DE, JP, ROW and NA-ROW version in the steamdb, all with country restrictions.

UrbanRats

God damn it, and I bought off Nuuvem after being told it was safe to do it

Me too.
Oh well, i guess i won't be playing Saint's Row IV anytime soon then.

Thankfully GTAV comes out in a bunch of days. :\

Fuck off deep silver.

Same... I was wondering if anybody who speaks Portuguese would be kind enough to write up an e-mail for a refund for those of us who've ordered from the site? Or is there any way to set up a Steam account in a different region?

That'd be good.
I doubt we'd have much ground for a cancellation though.
Still worth trying.

Who else is excited to pick this up? Got mine paid for and waiting to be picked up tonight along with Splinter Cell.

Ahhhhh the last few games before next gen. That feeling...

Gav47

Well, since people in the thread are having trouble activating the "NA - ROW" key they got from Amazon in Europe,

If you are referring to my post I got my code from Amazon.com not any of the european sites.
GMG usually identify region locked games by putting NA in the title and having a note on the store page.

Any regions where the game unlocks earlier than the US?

Australian release was randomly delayed until September 20th and that's the only locale I can think of that would work for what for what you're discussing. Depending on where you're at, particularly in the U.S, you may not have to wait until midnight anyway.

Ploid 3.0

I learned my lesson from trying to play SR3 early via vpn. I ended up having to redownload when the game officially unlocked. Now I'm happy to wait.

got my gmg key. i really should setup vpn so i can connect to my home pc at work :X

they've been a pretty reliable service for me so far. sure, sometimes they are a bit late... but for 20-25% off the price... i would say its worth it.

remember everything freaking out when sleeping dogs codes didn't arrive until like noon lol.

UrbanRats

So let me get this straight, since this thing is region locked, Aus gamers MUST play the censored version, at a higher price and later, too? LOL.

HT UK

So should those of us who have pre-ordered for Nuuvem try and cancel?

Or can we just use a VPN to redeem our keys?

UrbanRats

Using a VPN will get your account banned.
If you find out how to cancel, tell us, though i'd guess you just lost those money.

got my gmg key. i really should setup vpn so i can connect to my home pc at work :X

they've been a pretty reliable service for me so far. sure, sometimes they are a bit late... but for 20-25% off the price... i would say its worth it.

remember everything freaking out when sleeping dogs codes didn't arrive until like noon lol.

yep, i was one of those freakers, lol

HT UK

If you find out how to cancel, tell us, though i'd guess you just lost those money.

I've been using a VPN on Steam for ages to unlock games early. Never had any account issues.

Redeeming keys can't be any different?

I'd really like to know this, too. I used a VPN to play Dishonored early, but that was after redeeming the key and pre-loading - I'd be really hesitant to use one to actually redeem a key. And that's assuming the Brazilian version is actually playable in English. I've never even heard of a PC game that was region-locked like this.

r3n4ud

I've used a VPN a couple times before and never had any issues. Valve goes after folks using a VPN buying from another regions store rather than your own.

Gurrry

So after swearing I wasnt going to get this game tonight... I probably am going to anyway.

That being said.. where is the cheapest deal for the PC version?

UrbanRats

I've been using a VPN on Steam for ages to unlock games early. Never had any account issues.

Redeeming keys can't be any different?

Using a VPN itself may not be that risky, but buy region locked stuff from other countries with a VPN should warrant a ban of the account.
I've never used a VPN on steam, so it's stuff i've read about on steam forums.

I mean when you start fucking with money, it's different.

I've used a VPN a couple times before and never had any issues. Valve goes after folks using a VPN buying from another regions store rather than your own.

We've bought from a Brazilian store and want to redeem those keys on a different region, should be the same thing.

Turfster

If you are referring to my post I got my code from Amazon.com not any of the european sites.
GMG usually identify region locked games by putting NA in the title and having a note on the store page.

Nono, I mean "it's an amazon.com (aka US site) key, and it's locked"

Spazznid

Only if you buy while using a VPN, if you buy normally, and use a VPN to unlock early, then it's aiiight.

Also, why not get a US gamer to gift you the game in return for some $?

I just got my european GMG key half an hour ago (I preordered the game some days ago), and Im preloading the game as we speak. Now I jave t wait till friday. Not going to use VPN like with Sleeping Dogs becuase that fucked up some of the achivements and I tried to get all of them in that game.

And this afternoon just beated SR The Third for the second time, but this one 100% with all the achivements except the 3 coop ones (stupid idea putting that kind of achivements), I also beated for the first time the 3 DLC also with all the achivements. Had a lot of fun, really liked the fun stories of Gangstas in Space and the Trouble with Clones (and a demo of the super powers in that DLC lol).

Now we play the waiting game...

UrbanRats

Only if you buy while using a VPN, if you buy normally, and use a VPN to unlock early, then it's aiiight.

Also, why not get a US gamer to gift you the game in return for some $?

I've already pre-ordered the game from the Brazilian store, because people were saying it was alright (to their credit, they couldn't know the game was region locked, the site itself is legit).

yatesl

I used a VPN to activate the game on Steam, although now I'm worried my account will get banned...

Hopefully it's fine, and I can play it without a VPN.

HT UK

It's purely down to Deep Silver being price gouging cunts. £39.99 is taking the fucking piss.

Especially when you can get the 360/PS3 versions for £25 from the Tesco website.

I'm just gonna have to take my chances and use the VPN. It's too late to get a refund

if you want to cancel:

email: contato@nuuvem.com.br

What I wrote to them: said:
Recentemente, pré-ordenada Saints Row IV, mas gostaria de cancelar o pre-order.

I recently pre-ordered Saints Row IV, but would like to cancel that pre-order.

Número do pedido
Order Number
# XXXXXXXXXXX

They refunded my Paypal money.

Dawg

Might as well post them here too -> Some (steam) screenshots I took. Game looks even better on ultra, but steam screenshots suck so yeah :p

2013-08-19_00002d1kwa.jpg

2013-08-19_00003cpksv.jpg

2013-08-19_000045njtj.jpg

2013-08-19_0000526jo7.jpg

2013-08-19_00006nzkcx.jpg

2013-08-19_000078pku7.jpg

2013-08-19_00008s6jdj.jpg

2013-08-19_00009trk3r.jpg

2013-08-19_00010j7jtq.jpg

2013-08-19_00011zmj82.jpg

2013-08-19_000120lkdo.jpg

2013-08-19_00013ook4s.jpg

2013-08-19_000142ek5t.jpg

2013-08-19_000155oju6.jpg

2013-08-19_000164yjrs.jpg

2013-08-19_00017ihkch.jpg

2013-08-19_000185lkfx.jpg

2013-08-19_00019d3jgj.jpg

Facism

My steam key from GMG is displayed as "Saints Row IV (ESD)" when validated.

Should i be worried about the "ESD?" :p

Top Bottom