• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

Ploid 3.0

This stream should be archived, it's very informative on the Volition history and saints row. This should be up for future studies, for the kids!

styl3s

Was leaning more towards xcom but after watching this stream for a good 15 minutes i immediately opened up steam and pre-ordered it and now pre-loading.

It's like they took the best parts of crackdown, best parts of saints row and threw in some ridiculously awesome powers. Still haven't beaten SR3 (wasn't the biggest fan) but i might burn through some of it to hold me over.

For those worried about Nuuvem, just found this on their forum: http://forum.nuuvem.com.br/topic/1587-saints-row-iv-key/#entry16694

We're aware that most of our international community is having a big time wondering if the Saints Row key that we're providing will be regionally exclusive or not.

In a first moment, the Saints Row IV pre-purchase rights that we sold until now, will, indeed, be redeemed as regional keys, but we've already taken action in order to protect the best interests and rights of our foreign users, so, soon after the game is launched we guarantee that all the foreign users that pre-purchased with us will receive a worldwide redeemable key.

It is important to state though, that all the keys that will be sold AFTER the game launch, will be regionally blocked.

If there is any question that remains unanswered please let us know.

Best Regards

Nuuvem Team

Gotta say, thats incredibly awesome of Nuuvem. They didn't have to do anything, since they could just turn round and say "Well, we're a Brazilian reseller, your loss".

sunnz

That's very nice of them indeed. Hopefully next time people will realize that saving $10 by buying overseas is almost never worth the headache.

3 days ago when I saw this website and how much I could have saved, I was kinda gutted to have have got it from there.

Kinda relieved now :p

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Right fuck it, I asked them not to cancel it and said I was an international customer and posted a link to the nuuvem forums. If they tell me to get fucked then that's fair enough but can't help but try and see anyway.

That's very nice of them indeed. Hopefully next time people will realize that saving $10 by buying overseas is almost never worth the headache.

Granted it was my first purchase, but it's surprising since its never been an issue before from everything I've seen as usually they receive ROW keys. My reckoning of it is Deep Silver were intent on price gouging the EU and US and with that didn't want people going outside their region, hence the region locks. Hopefully this sends a message that buyers won't put up with trying to increase PC prices for no reason. Same thing seems to have been attempted with Arkham Origins, but looks like WB backed down.

Granted it was my first purchase, but it's surprising since its never been an issue before from everything I've seen as usually they receive ROW keys. My reckoning of it is Deep Silver were intent on price gouging the EU and US and with that didn't want people going outside their region, hence the region locks. Hopefully this sends a message that buyers won't put up with trying to increase PC prices for no reason. Same thing seems to have been attempted with Arkham Origins, but looks like WB backed down.

I think Nuuvem assumed they were getting ROW keys hence why they let people outside purchase it

Right fuck it, I asked them not to cancel it and said I was an international customer and posted a link to the nuuvem forums. If they tell me to get fucked then that's fair enough but can't help but try and see anyway.

Anyone know how to say this in Portuguese? Would like it to be consistent with my first email

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Deep Silver are well known for it. I remember before Risen 2 came out it was very hard to get it below £40 and you weren't able to get it from many places either as they were determined to price gouge as much as possible.

I think Nuuvem assumed they were getting ROW keys hence why they let people outside purchase it

Anyone know how to say this in Portuguese? Would like it to be consistent with my first email

I just forwarded my cancellation email and put in PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL in the subject header. Basically just said 'I am international customer' and gave a link to the Nuuvem forum thread with their post. It may not work but it doesn't hurt to try, I'll take the loss if it happens. The fact they said that when they didn't have to was pretty cool of them.

UrbanRats

I did a similar thing.
Hopefully they understand, i won't fault them if they don't, though.
I fault Deep Silver for being idiots.

Salsa

my latino hipster from SR3 is ready

i2HCVGltDBudc.PNG

http://www.saintsrow.com/community/characters/details/126189321727596572

For those worried about Nuuvem, just found this on their forum: http://forum.nuuvem.com.br/topic/1587-saints-row-iv-key/#entry16694

Gotta say, thats incredibly awesome of Nuuvem. They didn't have to do anything, since they could just turn round and say "Well, we're a Brazilian reseller, your loss".

That's awesome of them, I don't mind if they go through the cancellation or get me a post-release key I'm just content that I'm not throwing money away. I'll definitely use the service again.

Salsa

wait, I go to the SRIV inauguration station to try to download my SR3 character and it says I dont have any character available to download

am I missing something?

wait, I go to the SRIV inauguration station to try to download my SR3 character and it says I dont have any character available to download

am I missing something?

You need to upload your character to their servers through SR3 first. Then, in the inauguration station, download the character and make changes.

Mal'ice

Neo Member

am I missing something?

Go the the SR community website, under my steelport, then character. You should see all characters you uploaded then you can queue a character to download.

Z_Y

The first game is not good. Gangsta stuff with zero irony.

Eh..there is some irony in it. Technically speaking it might be rough though. One of these days I'm going to go finish 1 and 2....hopefully.

It's a soulless, cynical ripoff of GTA with worse mechanics. I can't even conceive of how the game could be defended, honestly.

Start with SR2, that game is an unambiguous masterpiece.

The mechanics were better than GTA 3 at the time..

derExperte

Wait, how will they determine who's Brazilian and who's not? Because I used a fake address when signing up, hope that won't bite me in the ass.

It's a soulless, cynical ripoff of GTA with worse mechanics. I can't even conceive of how the game could be defended, honestly.

Start with SR2, that game is an unambiguous masterpiece.

Huh. I still think the first Saints Row is better than GTA4 in terms of fun factor (graphics are rough). Awesome characters with great voice acting(Michael Clark Duncan, Milan Kunis, David Carradine, etc.), fun activities that lived on in future games (insurance fraud is awesome), and the basic storyline that sets up the beginning and ending of Saints Row 2.

Just my two cents, but I love the whole series.

LTTP on this franchise. Should I play the first game, or just jump ahead to SR2?

Only things I remember about the first SR was that it was the first sandbox game I can remember that plotted out a route on your mini-map when you set a waypoint, and that you could cheat for money by putting an armored car in your garage and blowing it up over and over again. Oh, and the terrible, buggy Hitman missions.

Other than that, it was entirely forgettable, and you could probably start with SR2 after reading a plot summary for SR1 online.

Top Bottom