• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

I guess the first Saints Row had more fans than I thought it did. Still, I think most people would agree it's worth skipping ahead to SR2.

Oh, and the terrible, buggy Hitman missions.

The worst part: they were the only way to unlock weapons with full ammo on your houses, so unless you managed to complete atleast one list, you had to buy ammo. At full weapon price. And money was harder to get.

OTOH, SR2 had several activities unlock different types of infinite ammo (FUZZ = pistol, Snatch = SMG, Drug Trafficking = shotgun, Hitman = rifle)

Salsa

my latino hipster from SR3 is ready

i2HCVGltDBudc.PNG

http://www.saintsrow.com/community/characters/details/126189321727596572

iQsY6xUVd4B9d.jpg

now we talkin

derExperte

Indeed, I don't remember ever entering an address. May need to email them at some point about it.

I just deleted my (fake) address so it seems it really wasn't necessary, maybe I entered one when I couldn't put one of the games into the cart to trick them.

Fitz

I managed to navigate my way to the address page, so I entered United Kingdom into the country field in case that's where they check, but I guess they probably get the info from Paypal.

Salsa

also man the characters in SRIV look much nicer shared-wise. Just look at my character's differences in this page

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I just deleted my (fake) address so it seems it really wasn't necessary, maybe I entered one when I couldn't put one of the games into the cart to trick them.

I used paypal as well, never had to enter an address either. I get the feeling that they may be getting a 'first run' of worldwide keys for everyone who's preordered and then use brazilian only keys after release.

Tiu Neo

Only a few hours left (I hope it's released tomorrow here on Brazil, steam has no date.)

Anyone know how to say this in Portuguese? Would like it to be consistent with my first email

You can probably ask them in english and they'll understand, but if you really want to do it in portuguese, it's something like:

Por favor, não cancelem meu pedido. Sou um usuário internacional, gostaria de uma chave que funcione em meu país/para clientes internacionais.

(Translating: Please, don't cancel my order. I'm an international user, I would like a key that works on my country/for international clients.)

styl3s

When does it go live on Steam EST time? Got it pre-loaded and ready to go.

Hopefully it isn't like 3-4am.

Kolgar

No PC demo? My laptop ran The Third acceptably, but I'm not sure about IV.

Think I ought to bother having an nVidia GT 330m?

I loved The Third (my first Saints Row game) and I'm starting to feel launch hype for this.

Yeah, I used a VPN, although I'm a bit worried because I've heard reports of them deleting the game from your library, although this wasn't some dodgy Russian key. That said, even if they do, I'd be out £28 anyway. And I doubt they'd ban my account.

Now I just need to resist the urge to VPN to play it on my two days off from work, Weds & Thurs, instead of waiting until Friday...

I've used VPNs quite a bit, never gotten any trouble on my account as far as banning and game removal. Maybe I'm just lucky though.

LQX

Any Brazilian Gaffers can get me Saints Row from Nuuvem? Any other Gaffers bought from them?

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
I only played through half of SR3 but loved it enough to preorder 4. Is there anything from the end of 3 that will help me understand 4 tonight? I guess spoiler tag if you want to go into story details.

klee123

So for Aussie steam users, I'm assuming that we can't buy the game from overseas due to the region locking?

I noticed that the game is not on GMG or on other retailer sites like ozgameshop.

I wanna play this, but I don't wanna pay the default steam price.

Courage

I traded in a few games at Gamestop and got $140 credit so I preordered this and Wonderful 101. I'm getting it for the PS3 like a bum tho.

Riggs

Banned
GTA V mechanics will shit all over this game and GTA IV ... but I will enjoy this game for what it is. I like SR but its a fucking GTA rip off 100%, this series is so over hyped its not even funny. Again its fun, but this is just filler for me until September.

GTA V mechanics will shit all over this game and GTA IV ... but I will enjoy this game for what it is. I like SR but its a fucking GTA rip off 100%, this series is so over hyped its not even funny. Again its fun, but this is just filler for me until September.
GTA V to have superhero powers confirmed

styl3s

SR2 and 3 were really nothing like any of the GTAs and this looks the furthest thing from a GTA game.

But since it's open world i guess that makes it a GTA clone. Since, you know. GTA invented open-world sandbox games /shrug.

You've never played a SR game have you? They are vastly different in execution and story/mechanics. Just the tone of your post seems very trollish as well.

trailer-park-boys-piss-jugs-o.gif

Riggs

Banned
Just my opinion I really enjoy SR as a series, but GTA V, at least for me is going to blow this out of the water. The shooting and on foot controls will be nothing like GTA IV. Almost can guarantee that, if I am wrong I deserve perma ban.

Riggs

Banned
You've never played a SR game have you? They are vastly different in execution and story/mechanics. Just the tone of your post seems very trollish as well.

trailer-park-boys-piss-jugs-o.gif

Lol, I've played every single SR game. all GTA games. It's my opinion, way different as far as actual game play goes. But its still always going to be a rip off to me. Personally I enjoy both games for what they are. But people shitting on GTA always makes me laugh, SR wouldn't even be here if GTA didn't start this style of game. Just my opinion, I ll get shit on for it but its all good.

Also good gif :)

styl3s

Just my opinion I really enjoy SR as a series, but GTA V, at least for me is going to blow this out of the water. The shooting and on foot controls will be nothing like GTA IV. Almost can guarantee that, if I am wrong I deserve perma ban.
But your opinion towards it being a clone is completely false. Everything outside of sandbox is completely different.

And GTA V will blow it out of the water? I guess? Looks boring to me and you can't guarantee it will be better since that is completely subjective. It's not a fact. But your continued ramblings of SR being a clone is completely absurd. Yeah, i will give you that SR1 resembles a GTA game more than 2,3 and 4 but 2-4 are so different it's like saying modern warfare is nothing but a counter-strike clone because it's a modern military first person shooter where you pit one team against another.

Saints Row in terms of absurd combat/side missions, story and overall gameplay is so insanely different that calling it a clone is not only doing a disservice to the franchise it shows how little you know. It makes you look like you have never touched a SR game outside of the first which in itself did A LOT of things different. I hate to break it to you but GTA did not invent the sandbox, it did not invent open world games.

Derrick01

Banned

Yeah it's basically filler for me too. I admit all I can really think of right now with games is GTA 5 because of how impressive it looks. They're the only open world dev who manages to make their worlds feel alive too which gives it a unique advantage over not just SR but others like just cause and infamous too.

I should be able to enjoy this for what it is though. Until 5 comes out at least.

Top Bottom