• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

Mandoric

Banned
nuuuuuuuveeemmmmmm

I wish Steam let you queue a preload without the key installed, and then hit you up for the key to unlock it

I cannot understand why, but despite having like zero hype up till now watching the reviews and videos is actually making me interested in this.

IT actually looks like a serious departure from previous games and actually kind of a fun concept.

I got some money saved up at Gamestop. Maybe, I actually will give this a whirl, after all.

_woLf

Is anyone else getting this? this is just a small area, it's happening quite a lot on all objects/characters when they move around.

GTX 670, max settings. It's really bothering me :(

iVSfS5O.jpg

Paskil

Copy just shipped according to Amazon update. Anyone know if the regular version was release date shipping? Considering buying a PC copy/download so I don't have to open my GoG edition.

Holy shit, that first song. Game has me laughing early and often.

Blood Dragon ripoff.

Also, this game does not allow you to install it on a drive that is not C: and therefore I can't play it since my C drive is a small partition on my internal SSD with just enough room for Windows and that's it. So I bought a game I can't play, yippee.

Anyone with a hd6870/5870 , how does this run?
saints row 3 still runs poorly (28-45 ish fps for me) even after the patches and driver updates, at release it ran even worse (20-40 fps with shadows on medium)

Salsa

ibhVoUiaWPe9Sr.png

ballin

Is anyone else getting this? this is just a small area, it's happening quite a lot on all objects/characters when they move around.

GTX 670, max settings. It's really bothering me :(

iVSfS5O.jpg

this was an issue in Saints Row The Third as well, to some extent (not this bad I think tho)

but yeah same here on a 680

_woLf

Blood Dragon ripoff.

Also, this game does not allow you to install it on a drive that is not C: and therefore I can't play it since my C drive is a small partition on my internal SSD with just enough room for Windows and that's it. So I bought a game I can't play, yippee.

Uhh...it definitely does. It installs to whatever drive your steam games install to. Every steam game is that way.

this was an issue in Saints Row The Third as well, to some extent (not this bad I think tho)

but yeah same here on a 680

yeah, I remember that. Definitely wasn't as bad tho, this pretty much defeats the purpose of anti aliasing to me

Uhh...it definitely does. It installs to whatever drive your steam games install to. Every steam game is that way.

uhh.. it definitely doesn't. but thanks for the snark.

I have Steam installed on my external drive which is M:

I downloaded Saints Row IV to my M: drive like all my other Steam games.

I launched it, and after the Deep Silver, Volition and AMD logo splashes the screen goes black and the program is "Not Responding" which requires me to exit it through the Task Manager

The same problem exists on my brother's computer which also has Steam set up in an identical fashion.

Since he has extra space on C:, I moved the game to C: to see if that would fix it and lo and behold, he is currently playing the game.

So maybe I should've reworded it. It allows you to install it on any drive you want, but the only drive it will allow you to install it on and actually play it, is the C drive.

Salsa

uhh.. it definitely doesn't. but thanks for the snark.

I have Steam installed on my external drive which is M:

I downloaded Saints Row IV to my M: drive like all my other Steam games.

I launched it, and after the Deep Silver, Volition and AMD logo splashes the screen goes black and the program is "Not Responding" which requires me to exit it through the Task Manager

The same problem exists on my brother's computer which also has Steam set up in an identical fashion.

Since he has extra space on C:, I moved the game to C: to see if that would fix it and lo and behold, he is currently playing the game.

there's probably something else at play here that randomly got fixed because of that, cause that would make no sense

there's probably something else at play here that randomly got fixed because of that, cause that would make no sense

it makes no sense, but the same shit happened to me with Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon. Install on external = crashes at startup. Install on C: = it runs fine
Anyone else not able to get their 360 controller to work on the PC version?
Do you have GeForce Experience installed? if so, uninstall it and relaunch Steam after.

bar mitzvah

Neo Member
Other than the outline thing, how is it running for you 680/670 folks? I've got a 144hz monitor, so sub 60 fps is sorta shitty for me and will wait for drivers if there is any slowdown.

_woLf

Here's another shot of the outline problem:

o2FsQKv.jpg

Friend of mine is running on AMD and doesn't have it, so this seems to be nvidia related. Hope they release a driver to fix it soon.

Other than the outline thing, how is it running for you 680/670 folks? I've got a 144hz monitor, so sub 60 fps is sorta shitty for me and will wait for drivers if there is any slowdown.

It runs perfectly fine on my machine, no slowdowns or anything. Only running at 60Hz though.

Salsa

it makes no sense, but the same shit happened to me with Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon. Install on external = crashes at startup. Install on C: = it runs fine

then the issue is clearly something with your PC dude, why blame the game

Here's another shot of the outline problem:

o2FsQKv.jpg

Friend of mine is running on AMD and doesn't have it, so this seems to be nvidia related. Hope they release a driver to fix it soon.

I *think* downsampling helps cause its not that bad for me

I think

Anyone else not able to get their 360 controller to work on the PC version?

you have to launch the game with the controller on and synced

then the issue is clearly something with your PC dude, why blame the game
All my other games play from my external drive, it's just this one, blood dragon and far cry 3 that don't. So I do blame the game, dude. My other 100+ games work just fine. That includes Saints Row The Third.

Salsa

All my other games play from my external drive, it's just this one, blood dragon and far cry 3 that don't. So I do blame the game, dude. My other 100+ games work just fine.

but that's unheard of for anyone else, even with those games

it's your PC

im not arguing just cause im saying try to find a solution from a "something's wrong with my PC" standpoint

the fact that it doesnt happen with most doesnt immediatly rule your machine out

maybe its something with your steam installation

Brick

Do you have GeForce Experience installed? if so, uninstall it and relaunch Steam after.

I don't have the the GeForce Experience installed (not even sure what that is, but it's not in my registry). It's a wired controller, so it's not a syncing issue, either.

Deep Crow

Neo Member
So I just started playing and the game keeps minimizing every 10-15 minutes. Seems to be more or less random. Is anyone else having this issue?

Oh and Salsa, a shitload of other people on the Steam forum are having the same issue as me with the game crashing right after the AMD logo splash.

Also, I've verified my cache. Still want to blame me? Oh and this issue is even happening to some people who do have the game installed on their C drive it turns out.

d1rtn4p

Welp, just played for an hour and a half and have to call it a night now. As I suspected, easily the worst start to a Saints Row game yet. Not that it isn't fun, I just think it's so ridiculous in so many ways that it's just hard for me to care about anything. Here's hoping something compelling continues to drive me. Aliens totally not nearly as cool as gangs and being in a simulation just further detaches me from the action. I'm gonna keep at it since I love the series, but I didn't ask for any of this in my Saints Row.

Oh and Salsa, a shitload of other people on the Steam forum are having the same issue as me with the game crashing right after the AMD logo splash.

Also, I've verified my cache. Still want to blame me? Oh and this issue is even happening to some people who do have the game installed on their C drive it turns out.

you seem personally offended

Seriously, all evidence pointed at a hardware problem. Now we have new evidence and it seems to be a possible software issue.

we're all friends here man

GamerSoul

Wooot. Back from Wal-Mart. I had to wait for the guy to search the back for the game but I got it. I got my Funyuns, my Publix brand Lemon Drink, I'm ready :) lolol

Derrick01

Banned
Is anyone else's regular sound effects really damn low? I have everything turned up to max in-game but when people are talking and the radio's going I can barely hear anything from the car, like the horn or slamming into shit. Even when it's just music it's almost impossible to hear any sounds.

I don't have the the GeForce Experience installed (not even sure what that is, but it's not in my registry). It's a wired controller, so it's not a syncing issue, either.

Do you have any other controllers plugged in? If so, unplug them.

Someone on the Steam forums also mentioned removing "Nostromo" got their controller working. I don't know what that is, but maybe you do?

Welp, just played for an hour and a half and have to call it a night now. As I suspected, easily the worst start to a Saints Row game yet. Not that it isn't fun, I just think it's so ridiculous in so many ways that it's just hard for me to care about anything. Here's hoping something compelling continues to drive me. Aliens totally not nearly as cool as gangs and being in a simulation just further detaches me from the action. I'm gonna keep at it since I love the series, but I didn't ask for any of this in my Saints Row.

Just pretend it's a new IP superhero game making lots of Saints Row references. As a fan of SR2, that's the only way I can make sense of this game.

Ugh just came in from our midnight release @ gamestop, and now I'm waiting for the game to unpack. I have classes tomorrow, I'll have to wait to play tomorrow before I head to school.

Salsa

im trying to help you brah, dont take it wrong

Top Bottom