• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

Welp, just played for an hour and a half and have to call it a night now. As I suspected, easily the worst start to a Saints Row game yet. Not that it isn't fun, I just think it's so ridiculous in so many ways that it's just hard for me to care about anything. Here's hoping something compelling continues to drive me. Aliens totally not nearly as cool as gangs and being in a simulation just further detaches me from the action. I'm gonna keep at it since I love the series, but I didn't ask for any of this in my Saints Row.

I just have to remind myself that this was originally a expansion pack and the end of the day if I'm having fun it doesn't matter how goofy the game comes off as.

im trying to help you brah, dont take it wrong
I've reinstalled Steam a shitload of times, even reformatted C and reinstalled Windows 7 a shitload of times. I've tried with Steam installed on C and having my games folder on my external, and also tried with Steam installed on my external and with all my games installed in the defaul install folder which is how I'm currently set up. My Steam install is pretty new right now and again, works with 147 out of my 150 games. I've also replicated the same issues I am currently experiencing on my brother's computer that has a similar setup with Steam installed externally. My issues with SR4 as well as FC3 and Blood Dragon have been reported by others on the Steam forums for the respective games. I'd appreciate some thought prior to the kneejerk "your computer is the problem, not the game" response.

Kydd BlaZe

Now this is Banjo-Threeie.

fOTdhZ5.jpg

lKO41h7.jpg

7kccVVP.jpg
Bravo sir...*bow*

I just spit soda all over my monitor. Funniest shit I've seen all day.

XAL

SR3 ran perfect for me...up until I booted it up yesterday to play the last DLC I hadn't finished.

60-70fps smooth but drops hard to 1 fps every so often, extremely annoying and came completely out of the blue. 27 hours no problems, as of yesterday - borderline unplayable.

I powered/strained through the DLC, hopefully Saints Row IV doesn't suffer from the same problem :(

What the fuck.
Same problem.
Goddammit.

Looks like I'll be playing Blacklist instead until it gets fixed ughhh

Kabuto

how do I put my Inauguration Station character into the game? I'm on saintsrow.com and I can't figure it out :(

edit: alright figured it out. I'm dumb

Mairu

I can't believe how entertaining this game is. Played for a couple hours. I wish I didn't have work early tomorrow.

1337Sauce

Any comments on how well the PC port is optimized? Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this game that much as I was going to buy XCom before, but am switching to this at the last moment.

I'm using a 7750 by the way

Salsa

game is definetly not running too hot now that im in the city and speeding :/

2040x1152, GTX680, i5 2500k at 4.5ghz

seems to be a general issue since messing with the options doesnt help

Ploid 3.0

This game runs much better than SR4 for me. That said I'm pissed, darn you Volition, I'm here playing the game and I'm looking for orbs. I'm jumping all over the place when I should be doing missions. Screw you, just one more and that's it, I'm going to stop OK!

Loving the game so far, the graphics also look better to me. Having a ball, and I think my melee She Hulk can work with the action button melee. Probably won't work on the boss dudes though. I'll accept her using a melee weapon. Now to get back to the game.

Bravo Volition!

jediyoshi

Gettin warm fuzzies all around so far

Crazy how similar the animation and flow play out to crackdown when you're collecting orbs

Salsa

So how to the console versions fare against each other for this game?
Also do we know if the PC port is any good?

both console versions are trash, PC port is on par with the third or a even a bit better

but yeah, everyone slammed the console version's framerate

The intro is amazing, 100% amazing

Also, you can listen to music when you arent in a car. Im sorry, but thats a huge deal for me, as i love the stations, and felt that with the superpowers, i was gonna miss out on that. Nope, now i can jam to my favorite songs as i go insane. This truly is the game of the generation

Kabuto

After playing for an hour, I love the game.
- Guns and cars feel way better than SR3.
- Game is hilarious. The ocean is made out of red cubes hahaha.
- I thought the dropping of health was dumb since we have regenerating health but when there are waves of enemies attacking, I'm not complaining.
- There is a lot of pop-in. Some parts of the game look great while some parts the characters don't look like AA is working on them.

I bought the game on GMG on a whim an hour before it was released and I don't regret it at all.

Loved the intro and setup, the intentionally cheesy gameplay and achievement stuff was great.

Sadly, this PS3 port is ugly as sin, my imported character's red outfit looks like muted pink, the character creation screen looked like mud covered in bloom, there's screen tearing while walking down a hall that looks like a first gen PS3 title, and the framerate varies from 60-20 depending on which way you turn. I bet even my crummy vid card woulda run this better on PC. I feel pretty dumb right now.

cdViking

Feel like I hit a hangup.
During the buy a gun mission, I buy guns, try leave, and no scripting happens. Every time I go back in the shop, I have a full $1,000, and no guns.
Am I missing something?

Ploid 3.0

Feel like I hit a hangup.
During the buy a gun mission, I buy guns, try leave, and no scripting happens. Every time I go back in the shop, I have a full $1,000, and no guns.
Am I missing something?

it's probably the wrong store. Check the map and make sure you're going to the gun store they want you to go to.

Salsa

drivers didnt help :/

card pulling 1202mhz fine, still cant mantain 60fps

im at a loss

you guys saying you're downsampling and running at 60 have all on Ultra + max AA, right?

HT UK

Sorry if this has already been posted, but it looks like the international keys from Nuuvem won't be available till next Friday:

Indeed, Saints Row 4 is region locked, but we are already working in order to receive a worldwide key for only all of those who have pre ordered Saints Row 4 by Nuuvem.

We'll just need a bit more time to include the key on your Nuuvem account, probably untill next friday.

No Love

Banned
drivers didnt help :/

card pulling 1202mhz fine, still cant mantain 60fps

im at a loss

you guys saying you're downsampling and running at 60 have all on Ultra + max AA, right?

Yes, 8x AA, Ultra settings. Vsync is on. I can do a FRAPS run for you if it helps.

Also, turn on Saint's Row 3 and see how performance on there is for you.

PC version is tight so far. Looks better than SR3 too, surprised. Screenshots didn't do it justice compared to playing it in game. And I'm only using an old quad core and a 5770 at 1920x1080.

I *am* bummed about no Rebecca Sanabria (female voice 3/hispanic female), having said that, the french female voice I'm definitely warming up to after the intro.

Edit: question though, my friend gifted me this through steam but did I actually get the commander in chief edition?

bar mitzvah

Neo Member
im sad

maybe the game is better optimized for the 7xx series or somethin

I'm on a similar setup (except I'm on a 3770k). I'm glad I didn't buy it yet seeing the issues that you are having with the 680.

Then again, Total Biscuit was saying that he would have FPS drops with dual Titans, so that suggests that a driver update should help.

It's ironic, I went with Nvidia a year ago BECAUSE of my experience with SR3 on ATI (it was shit for a while).

I guess that gambit bit me in the ass, eh?

medze

It's Crackdown all over again! and that's a good thing.

This is the best thing they could have done for the franchise. I found the previous games obnoxious and cringeworthy yet this one has been extremely fun so far. Fighting aliens in a matrix style setting is about a million times more fun and interesting than the previous Saints Row games.

One of my friends was complaining how getting cars is completely pointless and so is driving. I agree but I don't see it as a negative at all. Jumping and gliding across the map makes the game somewhat unique. It at least differentiates itself and makes the series more than just a cheap GTA knockoff.

Top Bottom