• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

Sean

Banned
Any tips for doing some of the challenges such as 250 Dubstep gun kills after beating the game (did all side quests, missions, activities, etc)? All of the hoods are "saints controlled" and I'm having trouble getting much aliens to spawn.

Kukuk

Banned
Any tips for doing some of the challenges such as 250 Dubstep gun kills after beating the game (did all side quests, missions, activities, etc)? All of the hoods are "saints controlled" and I'm having trouble getting much aliens to spawn.

I'm having the same problems. After so far in the game, aliens just don't spawn that much. It's all robots and shit.

I have found that if you avoid killing the ball mechs and vehicles the notoriety level doesn't cap out as fast.

Quick

Banned
So far, I've experienced two story-based glitches (PS3 copy). One fixed itself eventually, the other didn't.

Glitch 1:
Matt Miller's loyalty mission. Nyteblade wouldn't respond when we were stopped at the church for a good couple of minutes. On our way to the church, he kept stopping on his motorbike.

Glitch 2:
Veteran Child's concert. After finally getting rid of all the VC copies, it was time to finish off the real Veteran Child. I see triangle hover above his head, and nothing happens when I tap triangle. I restarted the checkpoint and it still wouldn't work. I just quit. I'm hoping it'll be fixed the next time I turn the game on.

Just finished the game and I collected all of the clusters, did all of the side quests, all of the optional activities except for the co-op ones, fully upgraded all powers and abilities, and found all but one audio log. Took me almost 22 hours. Fantastic game and will definitely be on my top ten list this year. Now to look for that final audio log...

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What am I doing wrong on the second phase of the last mission? I am trying to protect the thing alone, have to do it for two minutes, but enemies constantly appear everywhere around me, I am all alone and they bring the thing down within a minute. I am constantly killing folks, throwing as many bursts as I can, killing portals as I see them, killing ships as I see them. And even turned it down to casual, but it isn't enough. Am I missing something?

Edit: did nothing different and beat it. Ok. Whatever.

I think I prefer SR2 and 3 to this. SR4 just feels like a DLC that got blown into a full game. Sucks they decided to ditch the whole car as a means of transportation. Now its just sprint everywhere, blow shit up and win. The story is so crazy now its hard to invest anything into it. Plus I miss having hangouts and cribs to upgrade.

Both, you can be any on the fly, find a interesting character to look at from the saints row community character list and run with it until you want to see something new.
Yeah, I can do that, but I just started the game.

I'm now torn between female 3 voice and Nolan North.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
:lol at the location where you have to
Rescue Kinzie from the 50s and Cyrus. His speech is in front of the Back to the Future Courthouse, complete with the time and the cable to catch the lightning.

Oh man at Keith David's loyalty mission.
"No one calls Roddy, he comes when he is needed."

Wish you couldn't unlock Rowdy Roddy Piper suit so early, spoiled it slightly.

Can anyone tell me which option in the Simulation Override menu makes it dark out? I wish they would have placed that computer right next to the simulation entrance.

Ploid 3.0

Just rescued Asha, funny mission, a lot of stuff was funny. wow,
I want to make my character look exactly like that now.
Also I had the French voice so it was perfect.

So it seems like Nuuvem is trying to fulfil all the SRIV pre-orders they've got with keys from the orderers' home countries. While it's really great on Nuuvem's part (fixing a problem that wasn't their fault to begin with, that they have no obligation to bother with), unfortunately it means that Australian customers are going to be waiting until September 20th and getting a censored version of the game.

The whole reason I ordered from Nuuvem in the first place was to avoid that, so I'm going to see if they'll refund my order. At this point I think I'll just give this game a miss - been screwed over by region-locking so many times in my PAL gaming career.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
So it seems like Nuuvem is trying to fulfil all the SRIV pre-orders they've got with keys from the orderers' home countries. While it's really great on Nuuvem's part (fixing a problem that wasn't their fault to begin with, that they have no obligation to bother with), unfortunately it means that Australian customers are going to be waiting until September 20th and getting a censored version of the game.

The whole reason I ordered from Nuuvem in the first place was to avoid that, so I'm going to see if they'll refund my order. At this point I think I'll just give this game a miss - been screwed over by region-locking so many times in my PAL gaming career.
No, the blame for that goes to Australian voters.

Sean

Banned
I'm having the same problems. After so far in the game, aliens just don't spawn that much. It's all robots and shit.

I have found that if you avoid killing the ball mechs and vehicles the notoriety level doesn't cap out as fast.

Lots of games have this problem, you get all the cool weapons/abilities later in the game and by the time you have enough money to max everything out you never really have much of a chance to use it to the full potential.

Would be neat if there was some kind of "arena" with infinitely respawning enemies that you could use your super powers and weapons in.

Been jumping and gliding collecting orbs for the past 20 minutes while having Ode to joy on background. Game's tight.

You know who you need to call for Crackdown 3 Phil Spencer.

Ceebs

Anyone tried the PC version of SR2 on a modern high end PC? Wondering if I can just brute force some decent performance out of it now.

Anyone tried the PC version of SR2 on a modern high end PC? Wondering if I can just brute force some decent performance out of it now.

If you have W7, It'll be a real pain in the arse. But the gentlemen of steel port mod does help quite a bit.

If your CPU is the same speed as the 360's. You'll be fine.

Not happy with GMG. The code they sent me won't activate on Steam. Apparently it's for the DLC, not the full game so Steam won't activate it.

they gave me 2 codes o_O

Any tips on that one side event? You are in a rift and you have to telekinesis colored balls and shoot them at the same color targets.

I seem to always get hit, even if i try to catch their balls... could barely scrape by with a bronze.

They should send two codes did you only get one?

they gave me 2 codes o_O

Any tips on that one side event? You are in a rift and you have to telekinesis colored balls and shoot them at the same color targets.

I seem to always get hit, even if i try to catch their balls... could barely scrape by with a bronze.

Under Saints Row IV in the My Keys menu, there's only one code. Should there be 2?

Try to shoot the balls as quickly as possible at the colors. Make sure you aim for the ones that aren't blinking so that you for sure will get a hit on it. Other than that, just do your best.

Not my favorite activity since mines the platforming one. Says alot about me.

Jintor

Wow, even though it's pretty similar to SR the Third it's stepped up its game so much now. I'm really enjoying myself.

Quick question though - any way to stop the fucking weapon wheel coming up every time I hit the button?

Got the game and it has a 317MB update, which I skipped, as well as a 7 min install time. I hate how you can't jump in and play games straight away these days.

Try to shoot the balls as quickly as possible at the colors. Make sure you aim for the ones that aren't blinking so that you for sure will get a hit on it. Other than that, just do your best.

Not my favorite activity since mines the platforming one. Says alot about me.
No offense, but this is terrible advice. You're not being timed in this event, so just shoot one ball at a time and there is zero threat.

No offense, but this is terrible advice. You're not being timed in this event, so just shoot one ball at a time and there is zero threat.

Yeah, but there's a combo meter that ticks down the longer you take to make a shot, and keeping that high is pretty much the key to getting a gold on those. So yeah, fire them off quick, and don't worry too much about accuracy. I found that if you just generally got it in the vicinity of the light, it counted.

My problem with that side activity wasn't getting the high score, but I actually ended up dying a lot on the last part of the hard one, because it seemed like bombs were going off before I even saw them. Finally figured out that I didn't have to stand right where the way point was, and that I could move around the platform and grab the bombs that were shooting above my head and exploding behind me. After that, became a lot easier.

If I only have a choice between the 360 and the PS3 version, which should I choose? I've seen some comments about the bad framerate, how does it compare to SR3? Because that game never bothered me. Finally, is there any way to have custom soundtracks on the PS3 version?

winstano

Glitch 2:
Veteran Child's concert. After finally getting rid of all the VC copies, it was time to finish off the real Veteran Child. I see triangle hover above his head, and nothing happens when I tap triangle. I restarted the checkpoint and it still wouldn't work. I just quit. I'm hoping it'll be fixed the next time I turn the game on.

That happened with me. You need to be
in front of the DJ decks I think. A couple of tried of hitting triangle didn't trigger it until I moved over to the front of the decks

yeah... i think im done with doing these side missions. unless someone here can tell me 1 good reason/powerup/weapon/etc, i think ill just stick with main missions, otherwise ill burn out before finishing the game.

yeah... i think im done with doing these side missions. unless someone here can tell me 1 good reason/powerup/weapon/etc, i think ill just stick with main missions, otherwise ill burn out before finishing the game.

Well, I just did the main story missions first then went and did all the side quests. That works the best. Though, most side quests unlocks elements on the final tier so if you do all the side quests then you'll unlock a variety of different elements for each power. Alot of them are really cool elements which are better than the original one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess it's cool that people like getting the clusters

because to me it feels like the most boring filler content I've ever played in a game.

U2NUMB

11 hours into it 55% done all co op and we are both feeling that it is dragging on at this point. We will push through but I have stopped having fun for some reason.

well got the game for PS3 already thinking my bro will co-op with me, but he bought 360 (facepalm)

so now I'm thinking of double dipping on PC version. I can't stand this blurry look.
or should I wait for sale?

well got the game for PS3 already thinking my bro will co-op with me, but he bought 360 (facepalm)

so now I'm thinking of double dipping on PC version. I can't stand this blurry look.
or should I wait for sale?

sale.

for the $40 i paid for this, it's a fine enough game. I'd be disappointed if i paid $60 though.

game is fun, but feels way too shoddy and budget for full price.

Top Bottom