• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

Dug

Banned
If anyone is having trouble getting the Epic Jump Quest achievement, if you jump from the roof and using a flying vehicle to get to the other roof it still unlocks.

Sorian

Banned
I don't remember - didn't the first two games open up the city at the start but not involve the activities as missions? Regardless, they could have spiced it up a bit or changed the formula. You know, given us something besides activities for the first set of missions. But that's a matter of opinion.

My biggest problem is how glitchy the game is. I've falling through the floor countless times, crashes, blah blah blah.

On the bright side, it had some great effects, including some characters spazzing out inside a car (the limbs hanging out) and people driving invisible cars. It fits, almost.I know the game has those moments, but it's so constant besides the purposeful ones that it's hilarious most of the time.

I can't remember one at all but yes, two did have everything open at the beginning. There were a good number of people who thought that wasweird at the time though if I remember correctly. I feel like they got through the "tutorial" mission activities fairly quickly in this one and it was no where near as bad as 3. I'm with you on glitches since I've had my fair share (no falling through the floor but a couple crashes and lock-ups).

I will say that the game does a poor job of explaining that as you do more things in the simulation, the more the system "destabilizes" thus causing more glitchy textures and funny looking people so the casual observor thinks the game isn't loading properly or something when, in fact, it is a design decision.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm very much enjoying it so far, but damn, the audiomix is one of the worst I've heard. I can barely hear any effects, everything just lacks impact. I tried screwing around with the sound in the audio settings, but I can't get it to decent levels. Am I doing something wrong?

Try:

Ok, I know this is fucking bizarre, but for people having audio issues on PC...

http://idolninja.com/blog/?p=2084&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Saint's Row 4 first mission was better than 87% of games last missions.

sr4k0zv5.gif

Jezbollah

Played a number of hours of SR4 with a friend, jointly we are up to level 25/26. Loving this game.

The Aerosmith moment at the beginning is *genius*. You know straight away you're playing a SR game.

it's also the touches like the characters and cars deforming near rifts and hacking missions. Amazing detail.

Cant wait to play more.

This game can be very cpu bound and you have an outdated AMD cpu (which is why changing gpu settings does nothing for you).

I guess, saints row 3 ran like shit for me too though and the friend whom it ran fine (50+ fps) for had a shitty core 2 duo ,slower than my phenom II.

I do guess it's time to replace the old little cpu that could, it's a shame there still aren't any more bang for buck cpus than the i5 2500k after so many years :(

Nowise10

how do you beat these robots that have the energy beams?

can't seem to damage them o_O

I hate these things, especially in the city, as they appear every 10 seconds and arent fun to fight if you don't have the abduction gun.

But you wait until the lock unto you with the lasers, then you go (or fly) behind them and shoot the green area at their head.

I will say that the game does a poor job of explaining that as you do more things in the simulation, the more the system "destabilizes" thus causing more glitchy textures and funny looking people so the casual observor thinks the game isn't loading properly or something when, in fact, it is a design decision.

I actually really loved how far in they went with that stuff. Basically every side quest is for the sake of "destabilizing the simulation," so I guess it was enough of a head's up for me. The whole way things go from red to blue is also very Tron :p

Ceebs

Oh man...the Mass Effect 2 jokes in this last mission. It's even better since I thought ME2's execution was terrible.

Also the fully upgraded dubstep gun with unlimited ammo is game breaking. Holy hell this thing just murders everything and gives you a goofy ass soundtrack while doing so.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I hate these things, especially in the city, as they appear every 10 seconds and arent fun to fight if you don't have the abduction gun.

But you wait until the lock unto you with the lasers, then you go (or fly) behind them and shoot the green area at their head.

You can freeze them too and walk around and shoot them,

Is The Mix 107.77 an unlockable radio station? I've only seen it appear once when I was doing a racing side mission, and then as soon as I finished it was gone. I have the PC version.

Is The Mix 107.77 an unlockable radio station? I've only seen it appear once when I was doing a racing side mission, and then as soon as I finished it was gone. I have the PC version.

No, you can access it at any time alongside any other radio station in the weapon select menu.

jediyoshi

Whether or not the player is actually aware of whether the mucked up models were intentional or not seems irrelevant. Seeing as they eventually are pretty explicit with it down to just showing it in a prerecorded cutscene, the pieces are there for someone to just put everything together. I don't think there's any inherent issues with trying to manipulate player expectations outside of mechanics or story.

Sorian

Banned
Whether or not the player is actually aware of whether the mucked up models were intentional or not seems irrelevant. Seeing as they eventually are pretty explicit with it down to just showing it in a prerecorded cutscene, the pieces are there for someone to just put everything together. I don't think there's any inherent issues with trying to manipulate player expectations outside of mechanics or story.

I think the main problem is that the game is a mess to begin with (especially on consoles) which makes it hard for some to realize what is a design decision and what is the game just screwing up. I think the fake glitches would be so much better if there weren't real bugs scattered about.

Ploid 3.0

I just did the Gat stuff, when it first started
something happened that made me burst out laughing uncontrollably. Oh and the Saints of Rage segment made me want a HD 3d cellshaded side scroller brawler like the new guilty gear. That mission had me all nostalgic for Double Dragon
Funniest game I have ever played.

Ploid 3.0

You know the scary thing about that gif?

Troy Baker was the main protagonist in all three of those games.

BAKER TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD CONFIRMED!!!!!

And he almost had a shot at being in another game that looks great but it's coming out next year. Infamous SS, not saying it would be GOTY stuff but just another game for TB in 2013.

Dug

Banned
So
at the end when I have to choose who does what is there a correct team to choose or does it not matter?

Nowise10

So
at the end when I have to choose who does what is there a correct team to choose or does it not matter?

Doesnt matter

Can someone honestly explain on why someone thought it was a good idea to send in those AA Alien guns every 10 seconds when in the city? They are honestly extremely annoying. They also only send in 10 vehicles but only 3 aliens on foot. I dont like that at all.

Ploid 3.0

The Pop Star skin is totally the way to go though.

Pink one? If so that's the one I use too, and man is dub gun a best in slot or what? I don't see myself picking anything else, it's the only weapon I have maxed out too.

I remember early impressions of the gun being low, look at it now!

-GJ-

Is there a way to summon Wardens after you've completed the game? I still need 14 for one of the last challenges I still need.

Nowise10

Is there a way to summon Wardens after you've completed the game? I still need 14 for one of the last challenges I still need.

Go to the section of the city that is always owned by aliens and just begin to fight them. After a random amount of time one will fall from the sky. Could take 20 seconds of fighting or 5 minutes.

Persona86

Banned
You know the scary thing about that gif?

Troy Baker was the main protagonist in all three of those games.

BAKER TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD CONFIRMED!!!!!
Isn't he going to be in Infamous: Second Son and MGSV too? Infamous being one of the first games to come out that makes people excited for next gen.

He's got it good.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
You can tell that it was originally intended to be an expansion, but I'm having a blast with this game.

Also I'm romancing all of them. ALL OF THEM!

Even though I loved SR3 I was more excited about those 2 titles, both of which took about a week to finish despite being much shorter games. SR4 took me 2 days of marathon sessions, it's just so fucking fun. There was so many great moments and the super-powers were such a smart edition, they instantly made ever activity and navigation around the world an utter joy.

Having just completed it I'm feeling a little hollow now, knowing it's going to be a long ass time for another SR titles and when it comes it might end up being a totally different entity which will kind of suck because there's nothing out there like SR as it is right now.

U2NUMB

So how exactly does the save work if you are the second person in a co op game? My save says 61% but when I load it to play by myself it is back to the beginning. I also did not get credit for a mission we did which is annoying and now as I talk.. my xbox froze up trying to load into his game.

I am starting to regret my purchase.

dubq

Do you have to do all of the side missions and get all of the collectibles before the final mission or does the game stay open, post-endgame, for you to keep doing that stuff?

TheBez

Posting again in hopes that someone can help me. I just want to play SRIV! My game keeps freezing after the intro cinematics, right as the visor is supposed to turn on it just freezes as a white line across the screen. Has anyone had a similar issue and if so how did you fix it? If you need specs or DXDiag shoot me a pm. Thank you Gaf, you are my only hope!

Caladrius

Do you have to do all of the side missions and get all of the collectibles before the final mission or does the game stay open, post-endgame, for you to keep doing that stuff?

It's open in the postgame, and you also get the option to change the time of day, lighting and
The Mech.

So how exactly does the save work if you are the second person in a co op game? My save says 61% but when I load it to play by myself it is back to the beginning. I also did not get credit for a mission we did which is annoying and now as I talk.. my xbox froze up trying to load into his game.

I am starting to regret my purchase.

I tried coop today with my brother when he quit and I quit the game it asked me if I wanted to save my progress, I'm guessing you didn't save? (I played on pc btw)

Top Bottom