• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

U2NUMB

I tried coop today with my brother when he quit and I quit the game it asked me if I wanted to save my progress, I'm guessing you didn't save? (I played on pc btw)

I have a save that says 61% done.. when I load it.. its the first mission. I played the whole game with him so not sure what the deal is. I have been saving every 30 min or so the whole time we have been playing. And the mission that I lost out on I guess I am just SOL even though I was there and helping.. it never registered that I did it.

Ploid 3.0

Someone needs to make a mod that increase the recharge rate of the black hole gun pronto. I fully upgraded it before I even used it outside of that mayhem mission. 3 shots and it takes seemingly 5 minutes to get one shot back.

Couple of other funny tips:

Use Shrink Stomp on a Warden. It's just really funny.

Gravity stomp + damage upgrade = very effective way to kill guys that also looks very brutal.

Grabbing a TK Ball in TK Mayhem and just sprinting around can be super effective.

Ploid 3.0

Couple of other funny tips:

Use Shrink Stomp on a Warden. It's just really funny.

Gravity stomp + damage upgrade = very effective way to kill guys that also looks very brutal.

Grabbing a TK Ball in TK Mayhem and just sprinting around can be super effective.

I just did this a few minutes ago. I kept failing, I tried a lot of stuff like managing 2 of them, but no gold, so I started sprinting all over the place. I didn't know it was doing a good job with points until I got the gold. I couldn't believe it worked.

Caladrius

Someone needs to make a mod that increase the recharge rate of the black hole gun pronto. I fully upgraded it before I even used it outside of that mayhem mission. 3 shots and it takes seemingly 5 minutes to get one shot back.

You can get an infinite ammo upgrade for it if you clear all of
Gat's
missions.

Ploid 3.0

You can get an infinite ammo upgrade for it if you clear all of
Gat's
missions.

Oh cool, I was just doing those. Thanks, though thinking about it, I'm kind of scared of getting unlimited black holes. Time to farm my upgrade money back as I try to gold this tank mayhem.

Caladrius

This game really makes me want a Destroy All Humans! reboot.This has been my favorite Sandbox game since those two and I get the same feeling from all of them. My only complaint is that the map is too small. Hopefully Saints Row V will introduce a city large enough to accommodate the crazy.

Ploid 3.0

I just tried to start up FFXIV but I had to turn it off because Just a Friend wasn't playing, I think SR4 has broken every game for me.

Maybe this game can be use for the boring leveling of FFXIV.

Ice > fire x4 > ice = nuke mage ffxiv

Motivation to play down to 40%

Dubstep gun fun = SR4

Motivation back up to 80% back to ffxiv

This game really makes me want a Destroy All Humans! reboot.This has been my favorite Sandbox game since those two and I get the same feeling from all of them. My only complaint is that the map is too small. Hopefully Saints Row V will introduce a city large enough to accommodate the crazy.

Volition knows what they must do for next gen.

Red Faction glorious building destruction gif.

Just finished with the Good Ending. A fun game, but I'm still pretty disappointed that
they killed off one of my favorite characters, Oleg. I guess with the ending they can easily bring him back, but still...

The kinzie romance scene is just too funny, it never gets old.

You really become a god near the end of the game, holy shit.

tip; if you don't particularly enjoy the side missions, just do the story ones first, the weapons and powers you unlock make them much more enjoyable.

Running around with the freeze buff + the explosion on freeze death upgrade + shrink stomp + shooting planes and shit out of the sky with the freezing blast is pretty fun.
I wish the buffs were a toggle, it's a pain to have to switch back to them every 15seconds or so.

Dead

well not really...yet
Man there is so much fucking shit to do on this game. Way more missions and activities compared to SR3, not to mention the time spent just causing chaos on the streets for no reason. Can't stop won't stop!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Finished it with around 90% of total completion. Very good but Saints Row 2 is still my favourite, it's a much better game than Saints Row 3 though. The first thing that can be said are that the powers are excellent, basically it's Volitions version of Prototype. I know Crackdown's been mentioned but but it felt a lot more like Prototype to me, especially in the traversal after getting most of your powers/upgrades etc. The one thing to me is that the story seemed very 'slight' in this, almost like just a bunch of skits/crazy levels just very loosely strung together. It was definitely a lot funnier than SR3 though, some parts had me laughing out loud, even some of the general dialogue when being attacked 'Aim for the mascot!' I do admittedly miss some of the pitch black humour but they obviously wanted to go more 'silly' and that's fine. If you've played 2 and 3 I think you'll get more out of it, there's a lot of references and characters etc from those. It's almost like an injoke game at times just for the fans.

I also honestly can't think of any other game where a question mark fucked me up.

Ploid 3.0

Did you guys hear about the sound glitch fix? Weird, and I always click through these opening screens.

SRTT and SRIV sound issue fix

"Idolninja" said:
August 24th, 2013
Some players have sound problems with both SRTT and SRIV where certain audio like guns or homie voices are much too quiet in relation to the others. I’m one of those users who are affected, and it’s been a complete mystery until today when Mike Wilson from Volition gave me a solution.

This really has to be one of the strangest fixes ever. Mike referred to it as “the 5.1 bug”, and all you have to do to correct it is make sure to watch the opening startup bink videos (THQ/Deep Silver/AMD, etc logos) all the way through without cancelling them. For some unholy reason this actually fixes all the audio levels in the game. I tested it myself, and it worked perfectly. How weird is that?

bryanee

Did you guys hear about the sound glitch fix? Weird, and I always click through these opening screens.

SRTT and SRIV sound issue fix

God damn it. That's all you have to do? I played through The Third with this issue and at least 15 hours of IV with the same problem.

Ceebs

I ended up with an amusing bug somehow. Every time I load the game the last Fun Shaundi audio log plays. So random.

dream

Oh my god these crazy motherfuckers actually went and got
Rowdy Roddy Piper
and reenacted the
fight scene from They Live.

Amazing.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Finished the main story today at 12hrs with a little messing around here and there. Really great, and definitely improved on SR3 and probably my favorite SR since 2. Something about SR3 I wasn't feeling and once I finished it in 7:43hrs I didn't even wanna continue to play it.

In SR4, I want to keep playing after the main story and maybe even 100% which I can't say for a lot of open world games. The humor aksi seems better than SR3.

Also dat sexy Kenzie dance during the credits in the good ending
Kreygasm.png

Shahadan

Anyone chose the Red Door during the Matt's Escape mission and wann tell me what happens? I'm curious.

Also I'm strangely addicted to the dubstep song. Life can be surprising.

Oh my god these crazy motherfuckers actually went and got
Rowdy Roddy Piper
and reenacted the
fight scene from They Live.

Amazing.

I think that will remain my favourite "cinematic" gaming moment for a long time. I was awestruck when it happened, I couldn't believe they went there. Then after a few moments of giddy bliss I quickly came to realise that of course they went there, I mean why wouldn't they go there? Volition's ability to set things up so they're able to contextualise absurd moments and references like that within the game is what really makes the game great.

Also, why such a terrible gliding animation?

Never once did I think that?

poopninjamvc3mk

Anyone chose the Red Door during the Matt's Escape mission and wann tell me what happens? I'm curious.

Also I'm strangely addicted to the dubstep song. Life can be surprising.

If you go to the red door you die, and the credits start rolling. You get a achievement then it loads back to the choice

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Just finished the game. Amazing. You could easily nick pick stuff all over, but in the end it was a fun ass ride, I'm at 99% complete and finished in 21 hours, so I definitely got my money's worth.

The amount of perfectly placed fan service and pop culture references is ridiculous, there were a lot of moments in SR3 that made me groan but everything about SR4 was just spot on. This was a great way to end the SR saga and hit all the right notes for me at least.

Sulik2

Still playing this, but this game is fantastic. The focus on fun and humor are such a breathe of fresh air. Every moment in this game is just a delight to play. The intro had me physically laughing multiple time. This is AAA gaming done right. I can't wait to play more.
Is it just me or does the audio mix slight off though. Some of the dialogue and sound effects seem to randomly jump around in volume.

PSA: LISTEN TO THE CLASSICAL RADIO STATION. ZENYAK READING CLASSIC WORKS OF LITERATURE SHOULD NOT BE MISSED,

ending boss fight was kinda rough. I think i just beat it by luck during the part
where you had to disable the shields, but they keep on spawn more murderbots.

how did y'all do it?

ending boss fight was kinda rough. I think i just beat it by luck during the part
where you had to disable the shields, but they keep on spawn more murderbots.

how did y'all do it?

I remember having a lot of close calls.
Started using TK vamp to heal and ice buff to freeze them near me (but didnt kill them so they didnt respawn). I think Mind Control Blast on the ones near the shields should work too

poopninjamvc3mk

I remember having a lot of close calls.
Started using TK vamp to heal and ice buff to freeze them near me (but didnt kill them so they didnt respawn). I think Mind Control Blast on the ones near the shields should work too

Damn you did all that I just
hit them with the fully upgraded ice projectile that gave me enough time to disable the shields and used the fully upgraded dubstep gun if they got close

another challenging part for me was during kinzie's loyalty mission.

dubstep gun vs propaganda trucks

that was some frustrating shit. That gun takes too long to charge up. Had to cheese the ai to win that.

Damn you did all that I just
hit them with the fully upgraded ice projectile that gave me enough time to disable the shields and used the fully upgraded dubstep gun if they got close

lol I remember i was super low on health at the start, hence the tk heals and yeah ice blast woulda worked too

another challenging part for me was during kinzie's loyalty mission.

dubstep gun vs propaganda trucks

that was some frustrating shit. That gun takes too long to charge up. Had to cheese the ai to win that.

I couldnt use the gun against the trucks (mine was nearly stock). Just jumped in cars and let them ram me lol (damaged them til they blew up)

edit: shit double post

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh my god. The gliding, the sprinting, all the powers! I haven't lost track of time in a videogame like this in a long time.

Chris R

Fun game when it wasn't being stupidly dumb. Final boss fight took way too long with the infinite spawning portals :| Nice little story though, even with some pointless things here and there. Loved the collectables though, and the super powers.

Can't wait to play it on my PC sometime next year when it goes on Steam Sale. Hope it won't freeze my PC as often as it did my PS3 :|

Ceebs

Just finished. That sequel tease.

I hope that is actually what they want to do for a sequel because that would be fucking insane in the best way, and really the only place to go after aliens.

Loved the game. Not as enjoyably dumb as 3, but still delivered what I wanted. The powers were amazing.

Just wondering from you Console guys, how bad was the framerate during that final mission?

Just finished. That sequel tease.

I hope that is actually what they want to do for a sequel because that would be fucking insane in the best way, and really the only place to go after aliens.

Loved the game. Not as enjoyably dumb as 3, but still delivered what I wanted. The powers were amazing.

Just wondering from you Console guys, how bad was the framerate during that final mission?

regarding that,
did you play as a male char or female char? I played as a female boss and during Asha's rescue I'm pretty sure they changed me to the same model that they used for Jane Austen

SeanR1221

So how exactly does the save work if you are the second person in a co op game? My save says 61% but when I load it to play by myself it is back to the beginning. I also did not get credit for a mission we did which is annoying and now as I talk.. my xbox froze up trying to load into his game.

I am starting to regret my purchase.

My friend is having this exact same issue. He went to go play by himself and its starting him at the beginning.

Top Bottom