• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

Yeah, I had real trouble with this the first time because I tried to get a Gold super-early. But if you hold off on this one until A) you have the cash to upgrade the black hole gun and B) upgrade your super sprint to add the tornado ability that fucks shit up behind you as you sprint, it's a lot easier.

Most annoying perk in the game. Can't even sprint without getting a bounty. I recommend not purchasing that until after you've completed all the blazing activities.

Dawg

You could wait until you unlock it in the story and upgrade it. The rate of fire is increased substantially.

Or you could switch to casual.

I did it on normal as soon as it became available just by keeping a high multiplier, and never staying in one spot.

On some of the activities I would purposely lose my multiplier close to the end and start fresh when there's only a few seconds left. As long as you have a combo going, you can still rack up points after the timer has expired.

Thanks for the advice :)

I think the game skipped me past some story stuff. Just now realizing I have no idea where CID came from.

Had the same exact thing happen to me. I actually had to check some YouTube LP to see what had been skipped. I had accepted the mission while on the ship and, since I wasn't in the simulation, I missed all of the "system" dialogue that setup the mission.

Kind of a bummer they hadn't thought of that, and just had the dialogue play when you DID get back into the simulation, but I'm finding the mission queues to be buggy as hell.

You've got the above example, along with if you complete the initial objective in the side missions - the mission dialogue starts out on the 2nd (or 3rd, ect) prompt - sometimes leaving you clueless as to what is going on. I like that the game doesn't have me go through the same side mission stuff again, but it isn't exactly smart about how it treats the items you'd completed in advance.

Which leaves me at the point I'm at now - which is not doing ANY of the side missions unless the game asks me to so that I don't miss any of the setup, or character moments. Sadly, this makes the game kind of a chore to play through as you are just going from side mission to side mission instead of doing the actual story beats from the main mission.

Related point - what the hell was going on with Shaundi's first mission?
I remember there being some comment about there being a simulation of the plane mission from SR3, but the leap to it being Johnny Gat's prison made no sense. It was one of those situations where I felt sure I had missed some more dialogue because everything about that mission felt really out of place.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Related point - what the hell was going on with Shaundi's first mission?
I remember there being some comment about there being a simulation of the plane mission from SR3, but the leap to it being Johnny Gat's prison made no sense. It was one of those situations where I felt sure I had missed some more dialogue because everything about that mission felt really out of place.

Kinzie finds a simulation prison involving a plane. The Boss is convinced its Johnny Gat's while Kinzie mentions its more likely Shaundi's since Gat's supposed to be dead. The Boss is convinced its Gat until he runs into Shaundi in the mission.

Nethaniah

Almost at the end, 16 hours in and currently at 90%, this game REALLY loves to crash, even more sound glitches and just audio not being there where it should be, add to that the same audio log playing every single time i load a save.

Also hating how most if not all story missions switches your weapons, never to a weapon i have upgraded.

Edit: Did the last mission, currently at 95% with 17:43 on the clock, not sure if i'm going for the last 5%, sorta had my fill, overal very enjoyable game let down by lots of technical issues, a boring ass world and the game not being designed with the powers in mind
since they also loves taking them away.

LiK

Just finished it. FANTASTIC! That final mission and battle was EPIC as shit. So fucking good. I can't wait to see what DLC they come up with.

Dug

Banned
Mid Game Spoilers

The fact that Gat is alive in the game is a spoiler.
Yeah...but didn't they publicly announce it? I saw a trailer on their own YouTube channel, and they even tweeted about it. I guess I understand why you would be angry though.

Megasoum

Banned
Geez...I'll spoiler it I guess...

I've known about that character for almost 6 months now and I've seen far worse non tagged spoiler in this thread.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah...but didn't they publicly announce it? I saw a trailer on their own YouTube channel, and they even tweeted about it. I guess I understand why you would be angry though.

I'm not even mad, personally. The story in Saints Row isn't what I'm here for but I'd just like some comon courtesy. Some people do go full black out on games since devs these days love to ruin their own games.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Geez...I'll spoiler it I guess...

I've known about that character for almost 6 months now and I've seen far worse non tagged spoiler in this thread.

You've known, but others may not have.

It's better to be overly cautious than not cautious enough.

Lijik

Ive played like seven and a half hours of this game, and man its so much fun

Its there a way to unlock the music that plays at Lets Pretend as a radio station? Because The Mix, Klassic, and Krhyme are starting to get old

Put in another hour or so this evening, and about to go back in. I finally got over my OCD and started playing the Main Story missions before clearing out all the side quests. Have a much better time seeing just how deep Volition is willing to go on backstory for these characters, and seeing more of that clever 'I can't believe I am playing this' sections too.

Still a bit bummed by some of the glitching that is happening, but I'm much more back on board with SR4 after getting a good dose of the main story out of the way. Just wish they could bring *some* of that creativity to the structure of the side missions.

Its there a way to unlock the music that plays at Lets Pretend as a radio station? Because The Mix, Klassic, and Krhyme are starting to get old
I don't think there is, but when the sdk gets released I bet some modders will be adding or changing radio stations.

yea, all the Loyalty missions are great

True! The few of those I've gotten to have been great. I guess I'm just nitpicking at this point, since the main missions have been great so far, and the loyalty missions have also been fun. If anything I blame myself for going OCD on the side missions and getting burned out.

One day I'll overcome that 'have to finish ALL THE THINGS' mentality before getting to this point and just play what I actually enjoy in the game.

LiK

Greatest Homie is also in this game. I'm so glad I wasn't spoiled by it. Not even gonna mention here who it is.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Not listening to Mad Decent radio should be a criminal offense.

IISANDERII

Most fun firearm?
I was using the America thing but it makes the game too damn easy, even on Hardcore.
Most satisfying firearm so far has been the Anton Chigure quiet shotgun. You still need to aim but the spread makes it more forgiving and one shot kills are possible and if you're face-to-face you don't even need to aim for the face.

nocountryoldmen3.jpg

ultron87

Kind of surprised by the large number of Saint's Row 1&2 callbacks there seem to be in here. Since I just played The Third it is an interesting look into the characters humble beginnings.

george_us

Listening to some of the songs on the Gen X while causing mass destruction with your super homies at the same time gives me FLCL vibes for some reason.

Most fun firearm?
I was using the America thing but it makes the game too damn easy, even on Hardcore.
Most satisfying firearm so far has been the Anton Chigure quiet shotgun. You still need to aim but the spread makes it more forgiving and one shot kills are possible and if you're face-to-face you don't even need to aim for the face.

nocountryoldmen3.jpg

Yeah, that was one of my most used weapons. I wore the Uncle Sam outfit and had the USA skin on that shotgun (don't remember what it's called).

Holy shit, that post-credits scene.

That is perhaps the best person to have been narrating a parody. Now, SR5 is gonna be a parody of a parody. It's gonna be nuts

Oscar Wilde would have also worked.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Holy shit, that post-credits scene.

That is perhaps the best person to have been narrating a parody. Now, SR5 is gonna be a parody of a parody. It's gonna be nuts

Oscar Wilde would have also worked.

I would love to see a time-traveling mechanic in a future game. Even something as simple as going back and forth between SR1/SR2 Stillwater could make for some very creative missions.

My ultimate scenario would be if they made a huge environment - include Stillwater, Steelport, one other brand new huge city that could normally stand on its own in a whole game, and maybe another small city or two, connect them all on one giant map like in San Andreas - and then have at least three different time periods to go back and forth from. That'll open the opportunity for some RDR parody.

I would love to see a time-traveling mechanic in a future game. Even something as simple as going back and forth between SR1/SR2 Stillwater could make for some very creative missions.

My ultimate scenario would be if they made a huge environment - include Stillwater, Steelport, one other brand new huge city that could normally stand on its own in a whole game, and maybe another small city or two, connect them all on one giant map like in San Andreas - and then have at least three different time periods to go back and forth from. That'll open the opportunity for some RDR parody.

That's great and all, but my mind literally stopped at Jane Austen being a Saint.

SR5 Game of the Epoch.

I'm so bummed that this game is such a mess for so many people in here. It's definitely going to be in my top 10 for the year, but I can't in good conscience defend something that's intended to be mod friendly that seems like it won't even work properly for half of the people playing it on PC.

Final three missions were great. I don't what the hell this game is or if it deserves to be called a Saints Row, but I want more of it.

Now imagine her as a homie playing alongside you as you go from Old West Stillwater to SR3-era Stillwater. ;)

The Back To The Future level is going to be insane.

Oh fuck. They are going to do a Pride and Prejudice level.

Mr. Darcy with a Gatling Laser.

On a T-Rex.

Would be nice if we could get a vehicle location list going. Don't have to be rare, just spots where you can always find vehicles.

Ambulance - New Colvin, Camano Place. Hospital north of Rim Jobs.
Bulldog - Sierra Point, Restricted SNG Base.
DonoVan - - New Colvin, Wesley Cutter Intl. At the entrance to the airport. Shuttle variant.
Estrada - New Colvin, Camano Place. Leather & Lace.
Flatbed - New Colvin, Wesley Cutter Intl. Parked next to the old Airplane Hangar.
Gat Mobile - Carver Island, Yearwood. Planet Zin
Kenshin - New Colvin, Wesley Cutter Intl. Behind a stack of storage containers at the back of a garage, opposite of the old Airplane Hangar.
Knoxville - New Colvin, Wesley Cutter Intl. Airport is filled with them.
Mongoose - Carver Island, Yearwood. Dirt track below Tank Mayhem. Steal from racer.
Pacemaker - New Colvin, Camano Place. Hospital north of Rim Jobs. Parked in the street.
Pulse - New Colvin, Camano Place. Leather & Lace.
Relic - New Colvin, Wesley Cutter Intl. At the entrance to the airport.
Taxi - - New Colvin, Wesley Cutter Intl. At the entrance to the airport. TNA Taxis variant.
Toad - Carver Island, Yearwood. Dirt track below Tank Mayhem. Steal from racer.
---

when I saw
the touch
as one of the songs I knew it would play
right near the end
and boy I was not dissappointed at all. I have that song on speed dial via the custom radio

Jaroof

I did the stealth mission a little earlier...
My God.
I love this game.

I haven't laughed that hard at a game in a while.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Did anyone else have the propaganda vehicles going full suicide attack on you?

Was Keith David wearing a
Lando Calrissian outfit
? lol

Part of a mission parodying
They Live
? Game of the Forever. OMG
Roddy Piper

Top Bottom