• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

Dug

Banned
I think M.O.M was my favorite activity out of them all. Worst one was the telekinesis red/yellow ball thing.

Does anyone have trouble using an Xbox 360 controller to play these games on PC?

In SR4, if I'm idle long enough for the controller to turn off, the game won't respond to controller input after I turn it back on.

But that's better than SR3; if the controller idles off when I'm playing that, the whole game freezes.

Kurdel

Banned
I finished the game today and I was really great.

Still missing a couple of things, but completed all activies and missions at 22 hours.

I would have liked the powers upgrades to go full retard after the end if the game. Sure there is the
Power armor
, but I would have loved a Blast attack that just murders people.

Does anyone have trouble using an Xbox 360 controller to play these games on PC?

In SR4, if I'm idle long enough for the controller to turn off, the game won't respond to controller input after I turn it back on.

But that's better than SR3; if the controller idles off when I'm playing that, the whole game freezes.
Yeah, same problem. Though SR3 never gave me that problem.

Still missing a couple of things, but completed all activies and missions at 22 hours.

I would have liked the powers upgrades to go full retard after the end if the game. Sure there is the
Power armor

To be fair though dude, that would get old kind of quick.

Just blowing stuff up with no challenge isn't gonna be much fun for too long.

Just barely managed to gold that after about twenty attempts. The Genki head ones were usually the trickiest, so I did those first. If there's more than one target, go for the lowest one first, and then immediately pull it back in and fling it towards the other one. Other than that, it might be a good idea to wait until you've upgraded the movement powers all the way, to make the transit time between locations as quick as possible.

Man, did that announcer banter get annoying after about the 10th time, though...

I'll try the bottom-first trick. All my movement powers are fully upgraded, so that's out sadly. Some of the hoops are in awkward spots (the second area has one vehicle hoop down an alley and around a corner and the fifth area has a few hoops behind billboards and other crap) and sometimes the TK aiming is infuriating, grabbing everything but the thing I actually need.

I think M.O.M was my favorite activity out of them all. Worst one was the telekinesis red/yellow ball thing.

See, I felt the opposite--all the TK Rift activities were super easy to me, I think I golded them all on the first try. Probably helped that there was no time limit, you just had to concentrate on keeping the chain going. It also got a lot easier once you got the no-ragdoll upgrade.

Can we talk about the Mind Over Matter activities, though? Trying to gold the last one is basically impossible for me. After doing it countless times I managed to get within NINE SECONDS and I just couldn't push any more.

The medium Mind Over Matter took me several tries to get gold in. For whatever reason I got gold on my first try on hard. One of the activities I didn't get all gold in was the telekinesis rift challenge. I think I have gold on easy and then silvers on medium and hard.

hwalker84

Power armor
I would've loved a combo power at the end. Meaning The projectile would be a combo of the three projectiles, etc.

Torraz

How do I get the clusters on the side of buildings? I have all the powers, but not sure which to use (and how).

Thanks!

HoodWinked

are you using a third party receiver?

Dave1988

I'm sad that Volition couldn't be assed to include mission replay into the game. This can be somewhat mitigated by trying to join someone in co-op but with no control over the process, it's practically a miracle to find a game that's not post final mission and / or with cheats disabled.

NIN90

The TK mayhem missions are hella easy. Just grab a ball and sprint on the sidewalk, mauling trash cans and stuff in the process. Managed to Gold them in a fraction of the time limit with that method.

Ploid 3.0

[PC MOD]

Are you bad enough dude to play Intense Hardcore?

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/intense-hardcore-mod.3876/

When Zinyak declared that he would torment the boss until he has a nervous breakdown,he meant it.

This mod will make the game much more difficult and challenging and it is only recommended to skillful players.

Installation:Unpack the attached arhive and put the files (with the exception of Readme.txt) inside "Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\" (where SaintsRowIV.exe is) and it's all done !

Changelogs:
09.26.2013 - Version 1.0
-increased prices to ammo,upgrades,vehicle tuning,weapons and weapon upgrades
-takes longer to level up
-bigger cache penalty when you die
-greater delay between "cache-outs"
-can no longer upgrade to no damage anymore(ex:fire,bullets,explosions,etc)

More features coming soon ! Have fun !

Still hoping for more of those hard to kill enemies roaming around.

SethMode

Neo Member
I apologize if this was already addressed (my PC is severely limited at work -- search doesn't really work for me, and I can't seek this out elsewhere as nearly everything is block) but: is there any plan to fix the framerate issues on the 360 version? Is it even possible? My buddy really wants to play co-op, but he doesn't have a PC that can run it nor a PS3. I would probably just get it via Redbox for a couple of nights, but I don't feel like just tossing the money away if it's still pretty busted (I've played the PC version now too, so I'm doubly afraid to go back to it and it be even more noticeable).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ploid 3.0

I've played for hours on the new patch with no issues. You're making it out to be a bigger deal than it is. 360 ver

The issue seem to be with the PC version. To be safe I'm just going to wait. I forgot to turn auto update off on steam, I'm sure mine must be patched by now.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I've done everything, except co-op stuff, and Fourth and Forty and Alien Vehicle Challenge. But I'm sure I'll get the latter two sooner rather than later. Dunno bout co-op though, don't have any friends with the game and I almost never play with randoms online, especially one on one.

Just finished the game, that was a lot of fun really glad I bought the game at launch probably the most fun I've had in a game this year, not without flaws but in terms of pure fun nothing tops it

game would have been like a 9 instead of a 7 for me if you could get all the powerups and weapons without doing all these shitty side gold silver bronze shit.

Boogybro

This is how I feel when I play this game.

MznpZLu.jpg

Dave1988

Might as well as here: do you guys hear any voice clips when using the "HOOOOOOOOOOO" compliment with Female voice 1? My Female never utter a sound when using this compliment no even after reloading a save. I wonder if this is intentional or is it a glitch?

I hope they fix or revoke the update before I get home from work. I've been thinking about playing this shit all day, damnit. Don't screw me over Volition!

GamerSoul

Might as well as here: do you guys hear any voice clips when using the "HOOOOOOOOOOO" compliment with Female voice 1? My Female never utter a sound when using this compliment no even after reloading a save. I wonder if this is intentional or is it a glitch?

Noope I never heard a voice clip for that compliment. Even the Inauguration Station didn't have a voice clip for that one.

22 hours in and I finally completed Ben King's rescue mission. That was one of my favorites. My only gripe, I WISH it was longer. lol

random pics

I don't know how it happened.... I didn't know Kinzie was still with me. When I noticed her on my screen and turned around I saw this with her. lol

Buzzman

Banned
Does anyone else have bugged weapons? For some reason my Alien SMG goes into the pistol slot, and it has infinite ammo? I can equip a mounted .50 cal weapon but instead it's some kind of targeting laser?

Top Bottom