• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

Bombless

Finished it. God damn what a game. So many epic moments...
"Zylniak fucked with Biz Markie!"
. JB Blanc did a fantastic job as Zylniak.

Now to replay it all as the french boss!

OMG @ the last 2 hours of this game. The missions, the references, the dialogue between the gang; all of it is completely nuts and I really enjoyed it. The stuff with
Keith David + Roddy Piper + They Live
was gold, and the pre-credits cutscene was icing on the cake. What a completely ridiculous plot.

At the end of the day I still think SR2 remains the most fulfilling game in the series, but the final run in SRIV is right behind that, and the characters all feel more well rounded than SR3, including Zinyak as a villain. Here's hoping Volition takes a bit more time for the next one, wherever the series will go, and really blow the doors off next-gen Saints Row.

jediyoshi

OMG @ the last 2 hours of this game. The missions, the references, the dialogue between the gang; all of it is completely nuts and I really enjoyed it. The stuff with
Keith David + Roddy Piper + They Live
was gold, and the pre-credits cutscene was icing on the cake.

The Roddy Piper stuff would've hit harder if they hadn't tipped the inclusion of him off waaaaaaay early in the game by having it be a side mission bonus outfit. That entire mission was pretty fucking golden though.

Ploid 3.0

Crap, I booted up steam to check if I would download a patch, and sure enough it was downloading but it was too fast, I couldn't stop it. :(

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Yeah, my weapons inventory is messed up. My Disintegrator gun decided to disintegrate itself. No 'Merica gun. Can't customize the Dubstep gun,

Ploid 3.0

What did this new patch break?

Hmm, maybe the patch I just downloaded fixes things.

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/...r-sriv-breaks-weapons.3915/page-14#post-33546
"Idolninja" said:
The initial patch last night included both bugfixes and new dlc files (not on-disc) and that patch is what caused all the issues. There was also mistakenly leaked material included with it which is a huge problem. Because people had already bought the newly released DLC, Volition couldn't just pull it and revert back. This second patch today cleans up some of the problematic files, and they are still testing another third patch which will fix the weapons.

Ok like a real Saint, I have a save file that's one second younger than the autosave. I should be fine to just mess around.

LiK

Why do you guys have so many weird glitchy things happen with the weapons and menu? My game was totally fine except for three missions where the game script didn't play out so I reloaded a checkpoint to progress.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Why do you guys have so many weird glitchy things happen with the weapons and menu? My game was totally fine except for three missions where the game script didn't play out so I reloaded a checkpoint to progress.

Recent patch broke some stuff.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I saw this thread way too close to a vita thread and misread it as Saints Row IV Vita.

I almost had a heart attack.

So is it safe to place Saints Row IV on PC yet? I've downloaded a 7ish MB file when I booted up Steam but I am seeing other says that things are still bugged out.

Do we have any idea how badly? Like - loose your save file and all progress bad? Or just have some weirdness till it gets patched again? I'd like to play another couple hours tonight, but not at the cost of fucking up the 12ish hours I've already put in.

Gvaz

Banned
I wish that the game didn't crash so much. I literally can't beat the last missions because it keeps crashing during them.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I wish that the game didn't crash so much. I literally can't beat the last missions because it keeps crashing during them.

Are you on PC? Like clockwork I have the game freeze up after a couple hours.

It didn't happen when I had different missions to do, but when I just had the open world and was finishing off challenges and all the collectibles, that's when it was happening all the time.

Just in case any Volition people are reading :)
Win 7
i5-2500
8GB ram
Radeon 6870

just finished, but that ending though -_-
- game is very funny, still found saints row with the best touch of humor.
-the simulation world lacks life,
- as much as i love the super powers, it ruins the point of vehicles in the game
- missions in reality sucked, repetitive and just dull.

d1rtn4p

Loved the
dance party
at the end. I don't know why, but I was just chuckling the whole time. Makes me hope that they go back to the gangsta/thug semi-reality of the first two games...

Voror

Good lord, the PS3 version really does look quite bad. Ah well, still having fun. Though I suppose I didn't realize what picking Nolan North would entail though it is still quite amusing thus far.

TheBez

Does anyone know the support email address for Volition? The website appears to down and I need to send a scathing email about how I have been unable to play this game so far, even with all my attempts for a week.

Flaboere

Does anyone know the support email address for Volition? The website appears to down and I need to send a scathing email about how I have been unable to play this game so far, even with all my attempts for a week.

I sent one to saintaccount@deepsilver.com but that was about my account, not the game not working. I guess you can always try and send one here, and see if they forward you to the right place. But be prepared for waiting time - i waited 5-7 days between each reply i made.

Hobohodo

Anyone get the Season Pass on PS3? I don't seem to have the Alien Probe Weapon in the weapon cache and I can't find it anywhere to download. I know the season pass has been redeemed as its in my active services list.

Jintor

So as an Aussie what is the best way to get the uncut version on steam? I tried GMG but they won't let me buy it. :\

Gifted from a Gaffer - check the international sale threads

Unfortunately somehow it'll still be IP date-locked behind a preload button, but you can VPN around that pretty easily.

Bombless

Yeah don't bother playing on PC right now. Tried to start a new playthrough and the game doesn't register me buying the first gun at Friendly Fire.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Guess that explains lasts nights weirdness. I lost most of my special weapons and at one point my coop partner ended up in the simulation in his space suit and lost all his super powers.

Top Bottom