• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

Qwell

Odd question I can't seem to find the answer to, does anyone know when you unlock the rocket launcher or other explosive weapons? I can't seem to buy any explosive weapons yet, or any melee weapons besides the baseball bat. I just saved Matt Miller, and I'm already like lvl 24 or something, been doing a bunch of side missions, but still seems like I should have more options than the baseball bat and at least 1 of the explosive weapons. I'm also like 13 hours into the game, loving it, the super powers are so much fun.

JWong

Banned
And you did all of the other stuff in the game too? If so then your trophy/achievement is glitched sir.

Only thing missing is that and 1000 alien kills and 40 hours in simulation.

I'm fucked.

Also, just crashed the game getting 100 alien kill combo with arc lightning lol.

Finished the game the other day. I didn't think that the story was as good as sr3. It just felt that sr3 had a lot more wacky things going on where as sr4 didn't have as much.
the saints of rage part was pretty good though
. I also thought parts of the story weren't really explained well, pretty much
why does keith david join back up? Is that really ever explained? That part seemed really iffy
. The only other thing I had against the game was the bugs (mainly crashes due to rpg/loading) but that's bound to happen. I got the season pass so hopefully some of the dlc is pretty good. I also wish that the game took place somewhere else than steelport since I was hoping for a new setting. Overall I still think it was good purchase

dubq

I also thought parts of the story weren't really explained well, pretty much
why does keith david join back up? Is that really ever explained? That part seemed really iffy

I thought this was odd too.
He changes his mind and betrays Zinyak while in the simulation.. but then he's suddenly back on your ship? Was he just jacked into the simulation on your ship the entire time even during his brief heel turn? Weird.

Ashtar

I'm on Xbox and this game is glitching up on me, I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, I'm at the "Grand Finale" but i was doing some side quests and things like the lights are all glitched up.
Every time I load the game a shaundie audio log plays as well...... it's weird

"No I don't know how late back I'll be. I said I don't know! I was told to walk in patterns over and over until something interesting happens. Well I don't see you getting a job!"

I'm on Xbox and this game is glitching up on me, I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, I'm at the "Grand Finale" but i was doing some side quests and things like the lights are all glitched up.

no that is not normal it happened to me too. there are things that are in the game that are purposely glitched but that is not one of them.

sunnz

Yea that is normal.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Odd question I can't seem to find the answer to, does anyone know when you unlock the rocket launcher or other explosive weapons? I can't seem to buy any explosive weapons yet, or any melee weapons besides the baseball bat. I just saved Matt Miller, and I'm already like lvl 24 or something, been doing a bunch of side missions, but still seems like I should have more options than the baseball bat and at least 1 of the explosive weapons. I'm also like 13 hours into the game, loving it, the super powers are so much fun.

You might be affected by the patch that broke weapons. I had at least the baseball bat, taser, and tentacle bat when I got to a store. I think the last one is an unlockable though.

Does anyone know what these six silver presents/boxes mean? They only seem to appear during UFO and Tank Mayhem. I know they weren't there the first time I played these activities.

ibsHtCQYrvIQAU.png

These boxes are also showing up during Mech Mayhem. They don't show up during TK Mayhem or on-foot mayhem nor Super Power Fight Club, Insurance Fraud or Mind over Matter. I didn't check Blazing or any of the Rift Challenges.

They appear in all instances of Mech/UFO/Tank mayhem as soon as the round starts, don't do anything and persist until it's over.

I wonder if they're showing up because I completed and got golds on all the activities or maybe it's a bug from the PC patch. Anyone on consoles that has completed and gold medeled all activities getting these boxes when replaying Mech/UFO/Tank mayhem?

Ashtar

no that is not normal it happened to me too. there are things that are in the game that are purposely glitched but that is not one of them.
Yeah I stopped playing for awhile and went back and it was fixed, after I beat the game it happened again though......
I have a question about the credits...... is there supposed to be music or something playing because it was completely silent for me also
Am I the only one disappointed that Zinyak didn't become your homie after you killed him? that would have been awesome

Got the good ending and holy shit at the possibilities based on what was discussed pre-credits. After watching the entire end credits the implication of that reveal blew my mind once more. What an incredible tease for a next gen entry in the Saints Row franchise.

Cronen

Hoping this patch comes out soon. Just realised that it has caused my Inflatoray to disappear. Cannot complete the challenge until the patch is out!

clockpunk

Grrrrr... desperate to get the Genki weapon skins, but that final Mind Over Matter challenge (the Hard one) is impossible! Almost brol=ke my controller ealier after getting a silver for the thirtieth time. >.<

NinjaJesus

Grrrrr... desperate to get the Genki weapon skins, but that final Mind Over Matter challenge (the Hard one) is impossible! Almost brol=ke my controller ealier after getting a silver for the thirtieth time. >.<

It's not impossible. Make sure you take something with you from location to location (Car, person, Genki head). Also helps if you max out speed and get the Haste upgrade.

I said fuck it early on. Went back later and did it in 3 tries.

Metalmarc

Got the game yesterday having a blast on it, gotta say first time i've ever played a game online properly besides mario kart ever, co-op mode with my girlfriend and it was awesome fun.

I've yet to play single player mode but gather it's the same

Best matrix game ever made

Yeah I stopped playing for awhile and went back and it was fixed, after I beat the game it happened again though......
I have a question about the credits...... is there supposed to be music or something playing because it was completely silent for me also
Am I the only one disappointed that Zinyak didn't become your homie after you killed him? that would have been awesome

LOL yes
"This is how we Do it" should be playing"
. pretty funny that a game about glitching up is doing just that. There are multiple sound bugs in the game like audio logs playing when you first load a save, or missing dialogue, etc. I had the light glitch happen to me a couple of times as well but restarting like you stated always fixed. i beat the game a couple of days ago and was a blast even with all the accidental glitches.

OMG @ the last 2 hours of this game. The missions, the references, the dialogue between the gang; all of it is completely nuts and I really enjoyed it. The stuff with
Keith David + Roddy Piper + They Live
was gold, and the pre-credits cutscene was icing on the cake. What a completely ridiculous plot.

At the end of the day I still think SR2 remains the most fulfilling game in the series, but the final run in SRIV is right behind that, and the characters all feel more well rounded than SR3, including Zinyak as a villain. Here's hoping Volition takes a bit more time for the next one, wherever the series will go, and really blow the doors off next-gen Saints Row.

I'm with you this game was a lot of mindless fun. SR2 is still my favorite but this is definitely a much better game following SR3, which was okay IMO. The
2D Streets of Rage level with Johnny
was awesome!

eshwaaz

Just beat it - such an incredibly fun game. I didn't love Saints 3 as many people did - in fact, I was a bit disapponted - but this game had me smiling through most of the 25 hours I've spent with it.

Performance on 360 can be very poor and there are some annoying levels for sure, but the overall experience is just a joy. Absolutely loved it. It's clearly focused on just being fun and satisfying first and foremost, which too many developers seem to have forgotten about.

Great job, Volition. I cannot wait to see what these folks do for their next game.

Regarding the good ending
Anyone else notice that the model used for
Jain Austen
was the same the one used for the female boss in Asha's rescue mission?

Tobor

@SaintsRow said:
@SaintsRow: Steam patch is a go! We're sorry about the delay. @EmperorZinyak had thrown in a last-minute bug. More updates for all platforms on the way!

Yes! Now I can finish the challenges.

Yes! Now I can finish the challenges.

Just came here to post this. Our long national nightmare is over, PC players. I've not touched the game since the patch for fear of loosing the 12 hours I'd put into it. Looking forward to making up for lost time this weekend, and hopefully finishing the main missions at least!

What are the patch notes?

Here ya go
http://steamcommunity.com/games/206420/announcements/detail/2109096961093340679
[BUGS]

- Fixed a patch issue in the save system where weapon data was corrupted. Examples of the data corruption includes duplicated weapons or missing weapons.

[UPDATES]

- Most weapons lost due to the previous patch will be restored. This includes weapons rewarded due to game progress, promotional weapons, and DLC pack weapons. In addition, all weapons purchased from Friendly Fire or picked up from enemies that were upgraded, customized, or equipped will be restored.

- Certain players will no longer be in possession of weapons purchased from Friendly Fire or picked up from enemies if those weapons were not upgraded, customized, or equipped. Any missing weapons can be re-acquired from the Friendly Fire store or enemies. Potentially affected weapons:

Baseball Bat (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Stun Gun (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Heavy Pistol (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Quickshot Pistol (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Heavy SMG (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Rapid-Fire SMG (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Pump-Action Shotgun (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Thumpgun (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Automatic Rifle (purchased from Friendly Fire)
RPG (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Sniper Rifle (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Burst Rifle (purchased from Friendly Fire, picked up from Cops)
Alien RPG (purchased from Friendly Fire, picked up from Aliens)
Alien Pistol (picked up from Aliens)
Alien SMG (picked up from Aliens)
Alien Rifle (picked up from Aliens)

- The Volition and Deep Silver teams would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the recent patch error. We are looking into future ways to thank everyone for their patience and understanding.

Ploid 3.0

Here's a link to some insane character creator.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Labclon...itZj2yQ.3.saints-row-iv&sort=dd&shelf_index=0

Top ones for me are Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Willis, and Sam J

Wow nice find, these are awesome.

Oh yeah! Back to playing SR4 today. So ready, need to finish the missions pronto, then try out the intense hardcore mode. That thing gets updates a lot, so by the time I'm finished it will be even better.

Finished it earlier and it really wan incredible last couple of hours. I loved the music throughout, when
The Touch started playing again after you get the power armour, I was geeking out like a madman.

The ending itself was a little flat I thought, was expecting something more substantive, but the journey to the ending was brilliant and because of that this is my second favourite game in the Saints series. 2 still remains the best, everything was simply perfect in 2 and it was always going to be hard replicating that level of perfection, but they came somewhat close with 4 and the whole package was only really let-down by the side quests to hack stores, etc.

I also feel that they let players become too overpowered too soon and the lack of any challenge in the various activities was very disappointing. 2 is still king in this regard, the activities were very challenging and for good reason as the reward at the end was often something like unlimited ammo or unlimited sprint, invincibility, etc. Buying these upgrades instead of earning them felt shallow.

Anyway, fantastic game and I cannot wait to see where they take the series next gen. Also bought the season pass as soon I finished, hoping the DLC is substantive.

Lijik

Finished it earlier and it really wan incredible last couple of hours. I loved the music throughout, when
The Touch started playing again after you get the power armour, I was geeking out like a madman.

I was so pumped in that moment! One of the best moments in the game

Excellent. I can start in on the game again. I'd held off playing since i heard of the issues with the last patch. Steam says 8mb was downloaded just now.

The weekend starts here :)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that wants to get the dildo bat early. You can get it in a much later story mission, but I found a way to get it a lot earlier on.

On the northwest piece of the city, where you first start the game out, there is a hidden cave with a dildo bat sitting inside. The approximate place is next to the bridge that goes from that section of the city east. It is on the northern side of the bridge underneath.

Carm

Does anyones stats page mission complete number differ from what's listed on the save file? My stats page says 14 out of 37 completed but my save file shows 19 missions complete.

Top Bottom