• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

I wonder what is the relationship between the cult and Aku. The cult seems to have if any minimal contact with Aku even though they basically worshiping him and raising warriors to serve him. Yet that assassin dude was able to randomly call him on a cell phone.

ricelord

I wonder what is the relationship between the cult and Aku. The cult seems to have if any minimal contact with Aku even they basically worshiping him and raising warriors to serve him. Yet that assassin due was able to randomly call him on a cell phone.

Aku dont have time for hoes.

TheOGB

Banned
I had to check again just because it was said in the thread

these dudes really made this episode 92 (XCII)
24glr5K.gif

Do you guys think the Guardian is going to make an appearance again?

latest

He has to, he is guarding the only portal left for Jack to go back to the past. Unless there are more portals... I mean there could always be more "portals". Also did Jack lose his sword in Season 4? Or is this a new thing?

If Aku really has destroyed every time portal, could see them having the Guardian be some crazed, wandering warrior now that he has no purpose. Maybe he'll team up with Jack.

Gorillaz

Something I realized was the episode number seemed....higher? Like the Roman numermal was in the 90s....

Are they planning on going back to fill in the difference? Pretty clever if they are using these 10 episodes as a measuring rod for possibly doing the inbetween years

Unbounded

Just a thought: Even if every time portal is destroyed, wouldn't Aku himself still have the ability to create a time portal at will like he did the first time he and jack fought?

Is Aku really the only being in existence in this entire fantasy-ridden world with the ability to create a time portal?

Where the heck did all of those time portals even come in the first place?

i'm currently watching all season of samurai jack, never seen all the episode back in the day.... but can i still watch episode 1 of season 5? Is there references to old episodes?

i'm currently watching all season of samurai jack, never seen all the episode back in the day.... but can i still watch episode 1 of season 5? Is there references to old episodes?
Not really anything specific. I think you're good if you've seen the pilot episodes of the original run.

caliph95

i'm currently watching all season of samurai jack, never seen the whole thing.... but can i still watch episode 1 of season 5? Is there references to old episodes?
There is barely any continuity between episodes besides the premise and some recurring characters, though this season seems to have an arc compared to the other seasons being done in one standalone episodes. You can pretty much watch season 5 and get what is going on with basic knowledge of the show.

There is barely any continuity between episodes besides the premise and some recurring characters, though this season seems to have an arc compared to the other seasons being done in one standalone episodes. You can pretty much watch season 5 and get what is going on with basic knowledge of the show.

Not really anything specific. I think you're good if you've seen the pilot episodes of the original run.

thanks, will do that! Currently on season 3, it's even better than i remembered!

xezuru

thanks, will do that! Currently on season 3, it's even better than i remembered!

I assume you went "through" to season 3. I don't completely think a clean run is that great for Season 5, but I do think if you watched the opening movie/episodes 1-3, that's definitely enough. Things like Aku origins and Scottsman is super gravy.

I had to check again just because it was said in the thread

these dudes really made this episode 92 (XCII)
24glr5K.gif

For reference the last episode was 52, so apparently we missed 39 episodes (or 3 13 episode seasons) between the end of season 4 and the start of season 5.

Yudoken

I really enjoyed the first episode, the art is really beautiful and the sound is really good too but waiting for new episodes is going to be a really annoying. =/

Tizoc

I wonder what is the relationship between the cult and Aku. The cult seems to have if any minimal contact with Aku even though they basically worshiping him and raising warriors to serve him. Yet that assassin dude was able to randomly call him on a cell phone.

Aku don't care. Heck do we even know if Aku is even still alive?
Is he really even in control anymore?

This being 50 years later must mean no Scotsman unless people in the future age differently.

If they were his real kids they'd have his GREAT FLAMING EYEBROWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they'd be hammy and loud as all heck. They'd also laugh maniacally
A LOT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMqQOGTshak

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Spoilers from one of the reviews from someone who saw the first three episodes, but Aku is still alive, don't even know what that's a question since in the series he's been alive for literal centuries.

Apparently episode 2 opens up with Aku's morning wake-up ritual.

I was confused when the ending sequence started, surely 20 mins hadn't passed!

Time literally disappeared while I was watching.

So fucking good.

Tizoc

I mean he has to be otherwise who did Scatman, baby call and answered

An Artificial Intelligence that's replaced Aku :V
Or heck maybe he didn't really call Aku and was making fun of Jack

@Dusk Golem- Ah fair enough, looking forward to Aku haminess.

It seemed impossible, but Jack's really back. And didn't miss a beat.

Time to rewatch the series to fill in some of the wait between episodes!

Tsunamo

I love how they managed to keep the silliness going with the assassin even though Jack's in serious mode, this is the Jack I know and love just with a bit more seriousness mixed in, it's like it never left.

I absolutely LOVE how they kept the original credits sequence too, so nostalgic. I'm really happy we're finally getting a conclusion, but I almost wish it wasn't only 10 episodes because it's just so good and nice to have Jack back again.

The only mystery I have left to care about now is whether we get Finely Aged Scotsman...or Scotsman Progeny?

Great start though---after all these years at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom