• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Santa Monica is working on a new IP unrelated to God of War

Varteras

aka Voluptuous Queen , the prequel
il_570xN.3726572105_np5i.jpg

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Good. Series need to end. I hope Uncharted and TLOU don't come back either. Stories with great conclusions need to stay concluded.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Good. Series need to end. I hope Uncharted and TLOU don't come back either. Stories with great conclusions need to stay concluded.

True, but I think The Last Of Us 3 is 100% happening and then after, they should move on.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Oh you'll be getting more of all three. Trust me. Whether we like it or not.
The only way I'd want it is something completely separate story wise where there's maybe very loose references to others like Life is Strange 2 barely referencing Max and running across one common character.

Varteras

The only way I'd want it is something completely separate story wise where there's maybe very loose references to others like Life is Strange 2 barely referencing Max and running across one common character.

Sadly, I doubt that will happen with two of them. Kratos IS God of War. It's way too risky to move away from him in a mainline game. You might get an Atreus spinoff, though.

TLOU3 will happen, it will feature Ellie, and she'll die by the end. Probably. How? A sacrifice. Where before she dies anyways, they keep her alive long enough to perform that procedure to come up with a defense against fungal infection. A bittersweet ending with no good reason for anyone to stop it this time.

As for Uncharted, probably Drake's daughter in the future who will be the main character. The others will make appearances. Hell, maybe Chloe takes her under her wing. Nathan finds out, gets pissed, comes to their rescue. Shit goes sideways. His daughter ultimately ends up the hero.

I wouldn't say don't hope for something different than that, but my gut tells me that's what you should expect. But at least we know both Santa Monica and Naughty Dog are working on brand new stuff.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Sadly, I doubt that will happen with two of them. Kratos IS God of War. It's way too risky to move away from him in a mainline game. You might get an Atreus spinoff, though.

TLOU3 will happen, it will feature Ellie, and she'll die by the end. Probably. How? A sacrifice. Where before she dies anyways, they keep her alive long enough to perform that procedure to come up with a defense against fungal infection. A bittersweet ending with no good reason for anyone to stop it this time.

As for Uncharted, probably Drake's daughter in the future who will be the main character. The others will make appearances. Hell, maybe Chloe takes her under her wing. Nathan finds out, gets pissed, comes to their rescue. Shit goes sideways. His daughter ultimately ends up the hero.

I wouldn't say don't hope for something different than that, but my gut tells me that's what you should expect. But at least we know both Santa Monica and Naughty Dog are working on brand new stuff.
Oh I know that's what we should expect. The TLOU3 one is particularly predictable. I know they're just gonna circle back to the end of the first game to be as lame as possible. Making the second and third game a complete circuitous route to get back to the end of the first game which is just SO stupid

Uncharted I was honestly fine with Chloe but his daughter....eh can't they make Jak 4 or a medieval game or something lol

GoW I've said since the greek games concluded that people would get hype if you had a new protagonist in a new mythology. Not to say I didn't LOVE what they did with Kratos in the new games but now he's TOTALLY complete as a character and i really don't want them to touch the ending to ragnarok. It used to be I thought it was a way to get to new religions but now I legit would hate them to mess with his ending character wise. you can get just as many sales without him and maybe running across him or Atreus

tmlDan

Oh I know that's what we should expect. The TLOU3 one is particularly predictable. I know they're just gonna circle back to the end of the first game to be as lame as possible. Making the second and third game a complete circuitous route to get back to the end of the first game which is just SO stupid

Uncharted I was honestly fine with Chloe but his daughter....eh can't they make Jak 4 or a medieval game or something lol

GoW I've said since the greek games concluded that people would get hype if you had a new protagonist in a new mythology. Not to say I didn't LOVE what they did with Kratos in the new games but now he's TOTALLY complete as a character and i really don't want them to touch the ending to ragnarok. It used to be I thought it was a way to get to new religions but now I legit would hate them to mess with his ending character wise. you can get just as many sales without him and maybe running across him or Atreus
Nobody wants Jak, it's always hilarious when people mention it.

That's just not how PS players have been conditioned, they want serious, blockbuster triple A games. If they made Jak i doubt it would sell more than 3 million copies.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member

That's just not how PS players have been conditioned, they want serious, blockbuster triple A games. If they made Jak i doubt it would sell more than 3 million copies.
Oh yeah that's not a serious thing but I would love SOMEONE to make it. I don't expect ND to. They don't have 3d platform devs left there.

Make Astrobot successful

Sly 4 was sent to die just like Sackboy and Puppeteer with the worst possible release windows, two at the end of a console and one just at the launch buried by all the other launch titles rather than delaying to like February for its own window.

nial

If they made Jak i doubt it would sell more than 3 million copies.
That would be amazing for such a dead series that wasn't even doing numbers like these back in the day (aside from The Precursor Legacy).
Sly 4 was sent to die
Sly 4 was not sent to die, it was very well marketed at the time, it simply flopped like Sly 1-3 did in the past. The main SCEI not being exactly fond of the series is what ultimately killed it; they didn't even publish Sly 4 in Japan, in fucking 2013! Blame Andrew House and Shuhei Yoshida.
Also, ND isn't making any more Uncharted games, so I don't get this whole Drake's daughter thing. That's not going to happen.

Last edited:

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
That would be amazing for such a dead series that wasn't even doing numbers like these back in the day (aside from The Precursor Legacy).

Sly 4 was not sent to die, it was very well marketed at the time, it simply flopped like Sly 1-3 did in the past. The main SCEI not being exactly fond of the series is what ultimately killed it; they didn't even publish Sly 4 in Japan, in fucking 2013! Blame Andrew House and Shuhei Yoshida.
Also, ND isn't making any more Uncharted games, so I don't get this whole Drake's daughter thing. That's not going to happen.
Dude it came out when everyone was done with PS3. A bunch of smaller first party games were needlessly sent out at the end of PS3 when they had no chance to get any serious sales or help the hardware. Some of the dumbest decisions software wise were made then including Sly 4, Puppeteer, Ratchet Nexus (third party att), and above all GT6 which couldn't overcome PS4 hype despite the brand name. Only TLOU succeeded and honestly it would have been better to just convert to PS4 launch window

EDMIX

I don't see how they can salvage it but I guess you're right.
I mean, its one of the fastest selling PS games in history, still charting and selling faster then the first.

I don't see something to "salvage" , with the success of the sequel and the show out, that is an inevitability tbh.
eh can't they make Jak 4

Because they tried and didn't have much ideas for it so moved on and 1 The Last Of Us game sold more then the whole series combined.
Oh you'll be getting more of all three. Trust me. Whether we like it or not.
lol now this is one where I'd be surprised. I mean, I get it, we got this with lots of games back then.

4 Jaks
4 Slys
4 Uncharted

etc, but theses are different times, for all we know with how long and expensive it is to create, they might be content with 3 games and move on, but I've been wrong before lol (a lot)
TLOU3 will happen, it will feature Ellie, and she'll die
^ lol This. I love that this is even open and on the table.

That is one of the things I love with this IP.

No one is safe.

So playing it, you have no idea who will live or who will die and it creates this amazing tension and suspense that i think is needed to really drive that narrative home.
lol some do, but I get what you mean. I don't buy enough really want it to justify a 4th game, at this point, you'd need a remake of 1 to gauge if a 4th even makes sense.
Oh yeah that's not a serious thing but I would love SOMEONE to make it. I don't expect ND to. They don't have 3d platform devs left there.
Well...its feasible a lot who worked on it are still at ND, but even if they were not, what team would you even suggest? Its not like that concept is the biggest thing today currently.

nial

Dude it came out when everyone was done with PS3. A bunch of smaller first party games were needlessly sent out at the end of PS3 when they had no chance to get any serious sales or help the hardware. Some of the dumbest decisions software wise were made then including Sly 4, Puppeteer, Ratchet Nexus (third party att), and above all GT6 which couldn't overcome PS4 hype despite the brand name. Only TLOU succeeded and honestly it would have been better to just convert to PS4 launch window
Come on, we're not talking about Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus releasing in the exact same week as PS4 launch in North America (Tuesday-Friday), or Gran Turismo 6 releasing a month after it; though this was not the case in Japan, I would say that delaying the game and making it cross-gen would have been much better.
Sly 4 was released in early February 2013, when the PS4 wasn't even announced yet! Plenty of games do well in the last major year of a console, people simply had no interest in Sly Cooper, just like in 2002.
Puppeteer was an interesting case, that one just didn't resonate with the PS3's audience in any form; it had a very decent marketing push in Japan for a September 2013 release, when PS4 wasn't even launching over there until February 2014, and it mega flopped.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Come on, we're not talking about Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus releasing in the exact same week as PS4 launch in North America (Tuesday-Friday), or Gran Turismo 6 releasing a month after it; though this was not the case in Japan, I would say that delaying the game and making it cross-gen would have been much better.
Sly 4 was released in early February 2013, when the PS4 wasn't even announced yet! Plenty of games do well in the last major year of a console, people simply had no interest in Sly Cooper, just like in 2002.
Puppeteer was an interesting case, that one just didn't resonate with the PS3's audience in any form; it had a very decent marketing push in Japan for a September 2013 release, when PS4 wasn't even launching over there until February 2014, and it mega flopped.
Mindshare was with the new consoles. Sorry but I can't ignore that

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I mean, its one of the fastest selling PS games in history, still charting and selling faster then the first.

I don't see something to "salvage" , with the success of the sequel and the show out, that is an inevitability tbh.

Because they tried and didn't have much ideas for it so moved on and 1 The Last Of Us game sold more then the whole series combined.

lol now this is one where I'd be surprised. I mean, I get it, we got this with lots of games back then.

4 Jaks
4 Slys
4 Uncharted

etc, but theses are different times, for all we know with how long and expensive it is to create, they might be content with 3 games and move on, but I've been wrong before lol (a lot)

^ lol This. I love that this is even open and on the table.

That is one of the things I love with this IP.

No one is safe.

So playing it, you have no idea who will live or who will die and it creates this amazing tension and suspense that i think is needed to really drive that narrative home.

lol some do, but I get what you mean. I don't buy enough really want it to justify a 4th game, at this point, you'd need a remake of 1 to gauge if a 4th even makes sense.

Well...its feasible a lot who worked on it are still at ND, but even if they were not, what team would you even suggest? Its not like that concept is the biggest thing today currently.
Hmmm a sumo digital like thing where they just contract some third party would be fine. Maybe a smaller team like the ones who made Kena? idk

As far as TLOU2 is concerned they've quickly discounted it, it's been met with MASSIVE backlash, and they haven't given a sales update since they rode the hype of hte first to those massive initial sales. It undoubtedly hurt the series. Spidey 3 had a big box office but they didn't make 4 because they recognized the backlash. I get that media outlets didn't wanna get labeled bigots so they rated it highly and gave game awards and such but it had a lot of legit criticism.

Last edited:

EDMIX

As far as TLOU2 is concerned they've quickly discounted it
That isn't true btw, it went on sale, but all major Sony titles go on sale following release.
it's been met with MASSIVE backlash
? People online cry over stupid shit, it was met with the fastest selling game in PS history too..

and they haven't given a sales update since they rode the hype of hte first to those massive initial sales.
That isn't true either

It undoubtedly hurt the series
I don't see any factual evidence of this and stop spreading misinformation

Factually provide evidence to objectively prove your point instead of this weird repeating forums stuff as some proof of something.

Using your logic Far Cry 6 shouldn't exist cause "backlash" from Far Cry 5.

Companies do not make games based on this or avoid games based on this.

They do so based on sales.

Last edited:

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
So what? That doesn't mean everything will outright flop, especially not the game that was marketed AND released BEFORE that next gen console was even revealed.
If it was some huge release that could mean something but this was a revival of a 3d platformer in 2013 at the end of a console (everyone knew Ps4 was coming the only surprise was the late announcement)

That isn't true btw, it went on sale, but all major Sony titles go on sale following release.

? People online cry over stupid shit, it was met with the fastest selling game in PS history too..

That isn't true either

I don't see any factual evidence of this and stop spreading misinformation

Factually provide evidence to objectively prove your point instead of this weird repeating forums stuff as some proof of something.

Using your logic Far Cry 6 shouldn't exist cause "backlash" from Far Cry 5.

Companies do not make games based on this or avoid games based on this.

They do so based on sales.
It is true, FC5 did hurt things, it's not misinformation to see that TLOU2 has a lot more negative feedback than TLOU1, people online are just people, sony won't give numbers to help or hurt their image of their game but as far as numbers to help...9.2 user reviews or TLOU1 vs 5.8 for pt. 2. Now I know there's conspiracy theories about review bombing and bots and such but that's the numbers. Now if you believe those conspiracy theories you surely believe the ones about bundles helping TLOU2 sales which already has bad legs compared to the first. Not misinformation just honestly seeing the controversy that made me lose a lot of respect for Sony as they tried to silence criticism.

nial

If it was some huge release that could mean something but this was a revival of a 3d platformer in 2013 at the end of a console (everyone knew Ps4 was coming the only surprise was the late announcement)
Lol, it was not a revival; the time frame between Sly 3 and 4 was just 7 years (not to mention it was announced in 2011), with the remastered collection and the PS Move crossover game being released in 2010-11. Not the most active series at the time, but far from dead.
The most logical answer is that PS3 was not a very good market for family oriented stuff; Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction could only sell 2M units, while R&C '16 and Rift Apart sold 7M and 4M units respectively.

EDMIX

FC5 did hurt things, it's not misinformation to see that TLOU2 has a lot more negative feedback than TLOU1
Far Cry 5 is the best selling Far Cry in the series history sir

https://www.vg247.com/far-cry-5-ubisoft-best-selling-this-generation

https://gaming-age.com/2018/04/far-...g-title-in-franchise-history/#google_vignette

Stop.

Stop forcing this whole thing of "hurt" cause someone online was mad about something, that is not hurting the IP when the game is breaking records as I'm not seeing how that even makes sense.

All that hurt as far as I can see factually is feelings lol

Far Cry 6 debuted at number 1

sony won't give numbers

Sony already gave an update on The Last Of Us 2 sales as provided in the previous comment and Sony generally gives that feed back on miles stones as they release news about games in that IP

As in, we got the sales numbers to God Of War as they announced a PC port

They may be saving some sales update for when the new season of the shows starts or the announcement of The Last Of Us 3 etc
.9.2 user reviews or TLOU1 vs 5.8 for pt. 2.
ok and? All that means they wish to review bomb a game bud, some of those reviews also released within seconds of the game coming out lol

bundles helping TLOU2 sales
? The first was bundled too and I believe even that has been debunked

So I'm sorry man, this is misinformation and I think you wish it to be true, I do not see any evidence that anything is hurt from that IP when its breaking these types of records

It merely sounds like you wish it to true.

You'd have to be insane to think you won't see a 3rd game because of anything you posted btw

Shit, you would have been wrong on Far Cry considering 6 exist lol

Last edited:

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Lol, it was not a revival; the time frame between Sly 3 and 4 was just 7 years (not to mention it was announced in 2011), with the remastered collection and the PS Move crossover game being released in 2010-11. Not the most active series at the time, but far from dead.
The most logical answer is that PS3 was not a very good market for family oriented stuff; Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction could only sell 2M units, while R&C '16 and Rift Apart sold 7M and 4M units respectively.
They had largely moved on from that audience so yeah it was a revival but I hope they give a new one its own release on a still going console with actual hype

As far as TLOU2 goes I knew Edmix would throw out the review bomb excuse (conspiracy theory) so whatever on that. The series was hurt. I get projection and trying to protect an image or wish something true or whatever and if you wanna do that then fine, but it simply is ignoring reality.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member

I can honestly say I’ve never played a Jak game. I did play Daxter on PSP though.

EDMIX

As far as TLOU2 goes I knew Edmix would throw out the review bomb excuse (conspiracy theory)
I mean, when a someone is reviewing game that released less then 2 minutes ago and they've given it a 0/10 and the review is just talking about religious stuff...sir, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not even sure how one can argue legitimately that such a thing is a honest review to go by.

So, I'm sorry man, I don't care. When you get people like this crying over a game, obsessing over all these ideologies etc they've made themselves a group to ignore, so when I see some game having a LOT of reviews and content being made about it and 99% doesn't even actually have to do with the game, its time to ignore those metrics

Using this logic, Far Cry 5, Battlefront 2015, Call Of Duty, Control and so many more should have been the last those teams made and those games should have flopped IF the things being stated truly were the voice of the majority

So when I'm seeing that uptick in reviews or videos or something made and a controversy surrounds it, it has destroyed any creditability that any review system can offer and goes right into the ignore pile man.

I mean, some folks literally made it sound like a Call Of Duty getting DOWNVOTES ON YOUTUBE was some thing to concern over, the shit went on to move over 20 plus million units.

For fuck sake, stop trying to use crying, coping or some shit as some metric as if a company uses this to see the success of a game....Hogwarts Legacy using your logic should be a flop.

OMG look at the petition

WOW look at the user reviews OMGz

Downvotes on YOUTUBE BBQ /s

Last edited:

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I mean, when a someone is reviewing game that released less then 2 minutes ago and they've given it a 0/10 and the review is just talking about religious stuff...sir, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not even sure how one can argue legitimately that such a thing is a honest review to go by.

So, I'm sorry man, I don't care. When you get people like this crying over a game, obsessing over all these ideologies etc they've made themselves a group to ignore, so when I see some game having a LOT of reviews and content being made about it and 99% doesn't even actually have to do with the game, its time to ignore those metrics

Using this logic, Far Cry 5, Battlefront 2015, Call Of Duty, Control and so many more should have been the last those teams made and those games should have flopped IF the things being stated truly were the voice of the majority

So when I'm seeing that uptick in reviews or videos or something made and a controversy surrounds it, it has destroyed any creditability that any review system can offer and goes right into the ignore pile man.

I mean, some folks literally made it sound like a Call Of Duty getting DOWNVOTES ON YOUTUBE was some thing to concern over, the shit went on to move over 20 plus million units.

For fuck sake, stop trying to use crying, coping or some shit as some metric as if a company uses this to see the success of a game....Hogwarts Legacy using your logic should be a flop.

OMG look at the petition

WOW look at the user reviews OMGz

Downvotes on YOUTUBE BBQ /s
potential sales vs reality. Negativity does effect it. Many bad metrics for this game vs the overwhelming positivity for the first. Druckman going full culture war with it didn't help. Many of the games you mentioned did hurt their series. People wanted to ignore Spidey 3, TLJ, and Marvel movies before 2023 and they hurt the series and you saw the fallout later. The Marvels was supposed to make a lot ffs and the previous films since endgame had started its decline.

EDMIX

Many of the games you mentioned did hurt their series.
full culture war with it didn't help
The games I mentioned moved massive units bud and I think you are too much into that culture war yourself if you think review bombing is suddenly some legit review or something.

Good luck with that as I don't get how the best selling Far Cry game, best selling Star Wars game and Hogwarts Legacy all moving record units, suddenly means they were "hurt" in some regard lol

All those games got people downvoting, making fake reviews, petitions and all sorts of dumb shit and the majority who ACTUALLY PLAY GAMES didn't even care.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

They should've done this before neutering Kratos into a soy boy.

You can bet if they couldn't go all out with the woke shit in Ragnarok they sure as hell will do that now.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
The games I mentioned moved massive units bud and I think you are too much into that culture war yourself if you think review bombing is suddenly some legit review or something.

Good luck with that as I don't get how the best selling Far Cry game, best selling Star Wars game and Hogwarts Legacy all moving record units, suddenly means they were "hurt" in some regard lol

All those games got people downvoting, making fake reviews, petitions and all sorts of dumb shit and the majority who ACTUALLY PLAY GAMES didn't even care.
Oh yeah Hogwarts legacy did fine. Way better than any previous HP game. If you wanna get into conspiracy theories about review bombing and crap then more power to you but fact of the matter is it's done worse and had worse legs than the first. Druckman being culture war obsessed and trying to deflect all criticism as ists and isms and such is cringe and further hurt the legs. Fact.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
You should try them out. Great little 3d platformer collectathon and then I dunno what to call 2 and 3 but semi-GTA and semi platformer lol. Truly unique fun games
Nothing against them. They just came out in an era where I had a PS2, Xbox, GameCube and PC. So I never ran out of shit to play. That generation was when I had a job, a roommate, no girlfriends, no kids and just young and working at Blockbuster. Best 5-6 years of my life.

Now I’m nearly 40, married, high paying job, wife with an even higher paying job, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats and a house about 90% paid off. I think I’m happy, lol.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Nothing against them. They just came out in an era where I had a PS2, Xbox, GameCube and PC. So I never ran out of shit to play. That generation was when I had a job, a roommate, no girlfriends, no kids and just young and working at Blockbuster. Best 5-6 years of my life.

Now I’m nearly 40, married, high paying job, wife with an even higher paying job, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats and a house about 90% paid off. I think I’m happy, lol.
Oh well they're pretty kid friendly so if you ever wanna enjoy a playthrough of something with your kids go with that! Fun play with the wife too! Not sure how cats handle it but they're lame anyway

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Oh well they're pretty kid friendly so if you ever wanna enjoy a playthrough of something with your kids go with that! Fun play with the wife too! Not sure how cats handle it but they're lame anyway
I’m playing Conker around my 5 and 2 year old, lol.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Well there ya go Jak is cool for that especially the first! Though yeah conkur is fun for them but the great thing about old games is they're not 100s of hours long
Are they on the PS+ premium or water stupid level? I might upgrade to play them.

I hope the PSP GTA Chinatown Wars gets added some day.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Are they on the PS+ premium or water stupid level? I might upgrade to play them.

I hope the PSP GTA Chinatown Wars gets added some day.
So they seem to be on plus premium though they seem to be $15 individually. Hell I still have the PS3 HD collection in 1080p 60fps lol. There's some glitch with their upgrade cause I upgrade till 2026 from essential to premium for like $70 total

EDMIX

If you wanna get into conspiracy theories about review bombing
? Both The Last Of Us 2 and Hogwarts got review bombed, unless you fucking think someone beat the game in 2 minutes bud
Druckman being culture war obsessed and trying to deflect all criticism
You sound obsessed over that shit yourself man , the "criticism" you are talking about was filled with religious quotes and had nothing to do with the game itself, just like the dumb petition for Hogwarts and its review bombing didn't even actually talk about the game

If you have a hard time seeing that both can be review bombed, it sounds like you very much are in that culture war yourself

Lol someone gave Hogwarts Legacy a 1 / 10

Sir, this is as dumb as the people who review bombed The Last Of Us 2

Neither should be taken seriously and you are running on a wishing The Last Of Us 2 did poorly, them records broken show otherwise.

The Last Of Us 2 literally had reviews within seconds of being released, saying 0/10 and then just spewing a bunch of religious things or things that have nothing to do with the game

Meta Critic even changed their whole policy because of this game, you can no longer just post a review within minutes of a game releasing.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202..._metacritic_paused_ghost_of_tsushima_verdicts

As in, this was one of the reviews

The-Last-Of-Us-Metacritic-Review-Bomb.jpg

Deep, engaging, oh man Fena really put some deep thought into this. /s

or

main-qimg-628e8b62c1306e3819f86ad229801061-lq

Nope, not a review bomb at all, pretty normal /s lol

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
? Both The Last Of Us 2 and Hogwarts got review bombed, unless you fucking think someone beat the game in 2 minutes bud

You sound obsessed over that shit yourself man , the "criticism" you are talking about was filled with religious quotes and had nothing to do with the game itself, just like the dumb petition for Hogwarts and its review bombing didn't even actually talk about the game

If you have a hard time seeing that both can be review bombed, it sounds like you very much are in that culture war yourself

Neither should be taken seriously and you are running on a wishing The Last Of Us 2 did poorly, them records broken show otherwise.

The Last Of Us 2 literally had reviews within seconds of being released, saying 0/10 and then just spewing a bunch of religious things or things that have nothing to do with the game

Meta Critic even changed their whole policy because of this game, you can no longer just post a review within minutes of a game releasing.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202..._metacritic_paused_ghost_of_tsushima_verdicts

or

Yes I know they try to fortify themselves against fans and the actual response that's pretty cringe. Way to cherry pick. Now show all the 10/10s that are to "balance" out things. Like wtf ever dude just trust the number.

the contant "I knowyou are but what am I" is getting tiring

Last edited:

Varteras

or

Sorry, Those reviews were mine. My face hit the keyboard after a long night of drinking, special brownies, midgets, and a package of gummi bears I found in my prison wallet. I vaguely remember having a dream of me fighting Neil.

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

FoxMcChief

Gold Member

or

I don’t trust user reviews. I don’t trust folk paid to review shit either. If it ain’t my opinion, it’s wrong. I think I’ve hit my limit of drinks tonight.

EDMIX

Yes I know they try to fortify themselves against fans and the actual response that's pretty cringe. Way to cherry pick. Now show all the 10/10s that are to "balance" out things. Like wtf ever dude just trust the number.

This is to show you clearly people review bombed both games bud.

Thats it.

Neither should be taken seriously and more logically reasons exist why would could give a 10 to both, but either getting a 10 within SECONDS of the fucking game releasing should be ignored. Its fucking funny as shit that you are mad someone gave it a 10 in that time frame, like you know that makes no sense, yet you are at the same time trying to question any review bombing if its negative and suits your purpose =)

So lets make clear...I even fucking tell you that those metrics should be ignored btw when such controversies come out, like here...
When you get people like this crying over a game, obsessing over all these ideologies etc they've made themselves a group to ignore, so when I see some game having a LOT of reviews and content being made about it and 99% doesn't even actually have to do with the game, its time to ignore those metrics
^

So...yea lol I can trust a 10 if they provide why they feel that way in a a reasonable time frame.

However, I cannot trust a review within seconds of a game releasing that is just saying a series of religious things or something or really anything that has nothing to actually do with the game.

Get this clear please, it is untrustworthy because of the time frame and the subject matter. Regardless of score.

I don't care If I like the game or fucking hate it, if someone is putting out a review within seconds of a games release and that game happens to have a fuck ton of news and content about it that is controversial, its time to ignore those metrics.
Sorry, Those reviews were mine. My face hit the keyboard after a long night of drinking, special brownies, midgets, and a package of gummi bears I found in my prison wallet. I vaguely remember having a dream of me fighting Neil.

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF
GOD DAMN VART!!! lol Neil was getting the business! lol

I don’t trust user reviews. I don’t trust folk paid to review shit either. If it ain’t my opinion, it’s wrong. I think I’ve hit my limit of drinks tonight.
^ This 1000x

Even the reviews for Hogwarts and Ghost Of Tsushima felt off, like people where just giving 10s for something out of spite lol Even if I like a game, if someone is just throwing out that 10 and I just don't see it or I play the game and a few things don't really support that 10, yea I'm going to feel like maybe this is a reaction to something else or something.

So even in a situation where its a game I like, I can't trust reviews if some bias exist, even the recent amount of people praising Days Gone, where the fuck was this at release? lol

So its like, do they like the game for real or is this cause something outside of the game?

Does someone really dislike a game to the point of a 1 / 10 or is it cause something outside of the game?

So because of that, I rarely trust a review, user or otherwise.

Last edited:

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
This is to show you clearly people review bombed both games bud.

Thats it.

Neither should be taken seriously and more logically reasons exist why would could give a 10 to both, but either getting a 10 within SECONDS of the fucking game releasing should be ignored. Its fucking funny as shit that you are mad someone gave it a 10 in that time frame, like you know that makes no sense, yet you are at the same time trying to question any review bombing if its negative and suits your purpose =)

So lets make clear...I even fucking tell you that those metrics should be ignored btw when such controversies come out, like here...

^

So...yea lol I can trust a 10 if they provide why they feel that way in a a reasonable time frame.

However, I cannot trust a review within seconds of a game releasing that is just saying a series of religious things or something or really anything that has nothing to actually do with the game.

Get this clear please, it is untrustworthy because of the time frame and the subject matter. Regardless of score.

I don't care If I like the game or fucking hate it, if someone is putting out a review within seconds of a games release and that game happens to have a fuck ton of news and content about it that is controversial, its time to ignore those metrics.

GOD DAMN VART!!! lol Neil was getting the business! lol

^ This 1000x

Even the reviews for Hogwarts and Ghost Of Tsushima felt off, like people where just giving 10s for something out of spite lol Even if I like a game, if someone is just throwing out that 10 and I just don't see it or I play the game and a few things don't really support that 10, yea I'm going to feel like maybe this is a reaction to something else or something.

So even in a situation where its a game I like, I can't trust reviews if some bias exist, even the recent amount of people praising Days Gone, where the fuck was this at release? lol

So its like, do they like the game for real or is this cause something outside of the game?

Does someone really dislike a game to the point of a 1 / 10 or is it cause something outside of the game?

So because of that, I rarely trust a review, user or otherwise.
Sounds like you're letting your own biases effect what you believe.

I can trust a 1/10 for that game a lot easier than a 10/10. To say something has no flaws vs you hate it is a lot easier to believe. Leaks only effect something if it's crap btw

DrMano

Neo Member

or

There is a key difference though:

TLOU2 was review bombed after people were angry at the bait and switch trailers, when they saw the whole story leaked before the release. Since it was a terrible story they were pissed at it.

Hogwwarts Legacy was review bombed by Twitter psychopaths that were never going to play/buy it because they don't play games.

Top Bottom