• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

hhh-sheamus-reigns.jpg

Glad to see Pat making it to the big times.

sjay1994

I wonder if blind LP's are going to be infrequent now, due to the reception of stuff like Undertale and MGSV.

Usually blind lp's go over well when the game is garbage, like Ride to Hell or Prison Break. But if its actually a good game, reception is always mixed. Its usually because they don't know what to do in a moment or because "they didn't see a thing". I mean, even when they try to play something completely blind, usually the result in a video is "X yelled at us to do this thing, now we are doing it". I actually commend the guys for trying their best to play these games blind, even if the results aren't always great.

The best blind LP for a good game was probably Revengeance, because its pretty linear and its hard to miss critical things, or understand what to do. And I doubt people yelled at them for missing some of the optional fights in the levels.

I dunno, I like blind LP's but I get the frustration they receive, even though its kinda unfair to them.

Devils third is either going to be the best or the worst

Can you? The one I saw showed you able to
turn into a Beast

I just finished the Kellogg's Boo Berry stuff and came outside to see that airship. What an "oh shit" moment. I'm only level 12 though, underleveled?

Asked Pat for the console command to bypass weight though. I'm now a dirty cheater but holy shit did it make the game more fun than backtracking every 10 fucking minutes to manage inventory space.

im probably overleveled as fuck since i STILL havent been to Diamond City
edit: Their Slogan should be "We play the bad games so you dont have too"
cause they literally do

Edzi

The best blind LP for a good game was probably Revengeance, because its pretty linear and its hard to miss critical things, or understand what to do. And I doubt people yelled at them for missing some of the optional fights in the levels.

*Sigh* If only.

I felt a bit weird watching that wedding video. It was too personal a thing to be privy to as a fan. Looked like a nice ceremony though and the zaibatsu looked sharp as fuck in suits.
I'd feel weird about it if we "found" the footage or something but they control what they put out so they obviously are comfortable with it. That said, I didn't expect to hear their vows.

im probably overleveled as fuck since i STILL havent been to Diamond City
edit: Their Slogan should be "We play the bad games so you dont have too"
cause they literally do

Yeah you're way over leveled buddy.

As for the wedding video, I watched all of it but I turned the sound down during the vows. That's not something I have any business hearing.

Jintor

probably why sam was so mad hype

them all marking out when they accidentally discovered sam can rocket-boost off walls was fucking hilarious, as was them completely losing it when they got to the boss

aly

I felt a bit weird watching that wedding video. It was too personal a thing to be privy to as a fan. Looked like a nice ceremony though and the zaibatsu looked sharp as fuck in suits.

Feeling really good about their output now. Knowing they are looking at feedback is reassuring. Mirror's Edge has been great and even though SOMA is super rough at times its still worth watching. Undertale and MGSV are on the way out so hopefully we'll get some new blood in.

The Ninty direct was a bit nothing but the Cloud bit at the end made it worthwhile.

I did too. Like I was spying through someone's bedroom window. But what a nice wedding with everyone looking super clean.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The Sam dlc redeems a lot of the fakeness of the regular run. The funny thing is that they don't even really try to hide it. They mention they already beat it when the credits are rolling.

ArjanN

The Sam dlc redeems a lot of the fakeness of the regular run. The funny thing is that they don't even really try to hide it. They mention they already beat it when the credits are rolling.

Honestly it was pretty obvious just from the way they were playing, in the Sam DLC they're actually figuring out his mechanics, while in the main game they're facerolling everything, for some of the enemies like the gorilla type guys you never even see most of their attacks because they're already so efficient at destroying them.

Skrams

Also about the wedding, if Matt puts it out there then I don't see what the problem is. It's nice that they let the fanbase see it. I'd assume Matt likes to think a lot of the fans are important enough to him to allow them to see that kind of stuff like the vows. I also assume he just wants to share his happiness of finally getting married with a lot of people.

I just checked their site. Looks like their new LP is going to be
Devil's Third

Not sure how I feel about this.
If it turns out like Ride to Hell then I'll probably be fine. I guess it's another thing of them wanting to capitalize on day one bullshit with the game because none of us in northamericaland know how dumb the game is yet. Hopefully Liam can actually put his gunjumping to use here since the game looks like it has gameplay stuff to experiment with. At least I hope it's Liam. I also wonder if they got the game early considering usually a site listing doesn't happen unless they have videos already recorded I'd think?

Xux

Yeah, I'd say the wedding video, along with the Japan videos, are some of the worst since they just look like normal dudes instead of weird, eccentric assholes.

Forreals, tho, I thought it was pretty cute.

MrHoot

Woolie and Pat in japan was dope. I noted down the "Yakiniku Blackhole" thing as something i absolutely want to try whenever I go there

Skrams

Best Friends Play - Mirror's Edge (Part 4)

Website

Youtube

That weird spit thing coming out of Woolie's Mouth is still gross. Also Mirror's Edge was 2008 and Portal was 2007 you dumdum Pat.

sjay1994

Best Friends Play - Mirror's Edge (Part 4)

Website

Youtube

That weird spit thing coming out of Woolie's Mouth is still gross. Also Mirror's Edge was 2008 and Portal was 2007 you dumdum Pat.

Just some of that natural woolie slime.

Also, pat wearing faiths clothing and having her dumb eye tattoo just cracks me the fuck up.

What was Matts ringtone in the Woolie World video?

Asked Pat for the console command to bypass weight though. I'm now a dirty cheater but holy shit did it make the game more fun than backtracking every 10 fucking minutes to manage inventory space.

"player.setav carryweight <number>" if you still don't know it

Today's Mirror's Edge video was great just because it's the start of where the game begins to fall apart and both of them are totally aware of its faults and missed opportunities.

And Woolie's super right, first level (well, that and the one after) is the best part of the game. The Shard really shouldn't be as horrible as it is for a final level, especially since I like scenarios that have you climbing a huge tower. But it's just not good.

Rockk

Devil's Third
is a better game then Evil Within imo. will definitely play more multiplayer when it's released on PC.

Yeah, I picked the right time to start my free trial on Vessel. Like hell I'm waiting for this new LP to go up on the Youtube channel.

Matt and Liam is literally the best combination you could ask for with this game. Already Liam's killing it way harder than any of the playthroughs I saw for it back in August.

Oh man, the end of this Soma episode is pretty spoopy.

That said, I agree about the RLM
Star Trek
reviews and the
Borg Queen
comparison for that one monster.

Squishy3

I think that's the earliest I've seen a review copy LP go up. Game isn't out for another 2 and a half weeks lol

Less than 10 minutes in and it's already off to a rollicking good start

sjay1994

I think that's the earliest I've seen a review copy LP go up. Game isn't out for another 2 and a half weeks lol

Less than 10 minutes in and it's already off to a rollicking good start

Are we talking about the new lp?

I thought the game was out, since the reviews have been out for a long time now.

Are we talking about the new lp?

I thought the game was out, since the reviews have been out for a long time now.
In Europe and Japan, yes. North America, not yet.

The worst part about it is that there's no digital version for NA, so my plan to have no physical games across all current gen consoles is fucking ruined.

New LP(up on vessel):
I thought Devil's Third looked awful after I saw the first trailer and it looks like my first impression was right. I find male power fantasies extremely lame. Guy is super cool, saves the world, gets the girl, etc.

Anung

Un Rama
I'd feel weird about it if we "found" the footage or something but they control what they put out so they obviously are comfortable with it. That said, I didn't expect to hear their vows.

Also about the wedding, if Matt puts it out there then I don't see what the problem is. It's nice that they let the fanbase see it. I'd assume Matt likes to think a lot of the fans are important enough to him to allow them to see that kind of stuff like the vows. I also assume he just wants to share his happiness of finally getting married with a lot of people.

Oh, I know. I get that they put the video up so they are fine with people watching it. And I have no problem with it. Just personally I don't feel like its my place to watch it. I tried to watch a few minutes, muted some and skipped most of the video. The gesture is nice though :D

SOMA 11 was good for the most part. But they talked way too much over important dialogue.

Anung

Un Rama
That podcast video was great. I'm really in two minds over the spoilercast though. Can't decide if I want to listen or not.

Top Bottom