• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

To those who have completed Nier, does the last half get significantly better? Because so far I'm really not feeling that game and totally understand why it didn't review outstandingly. Unless something spectacular emerges to reverse that then I'd at best give it a 6.5.

Nordicus

To those who have completed Nier, does the last half get significantly better? Because so far I'm really not feeling that game and totally understand why it didn't review outstandingly. Unless something spectacular emerges to reverse that then I'd at best give it a 6.5.
It has near Spec Ops: The Line levels of "If you only got halfway, you don't know what this game *IS*" to it.

Eagerly waiting for Pat's reactions for what's about to come

They really got all the way through the story mode without realizing that FANG is just Skeletor, and literally only exists to job nonstop. I'm impressed.

Kaztinka

HLTB says:

Main Story: 19½ Hours
Main + Extras: 34 Hours
Completionist: 68½ Hours
Combined: 30½ Hours

I cannot verify though.

yeah... HLTB is probably too hardcore for me
"Kingdom hearts 2 takes 32 hours" - beat it in 63 hours
"God hand takes 13.5 hours" - beat it in 20 hours
"Symphony of the night takes 8.5 hours" - beat it in 16 hours
funny how my completion time is always close to that of Completionist
but I do like to dick around in many games, like for instance, in god hand I spent hours getting rekt on the secret challenges
In KH2 final mix a friend of mine told me Zexion is easy and I should fight him early on...
he lied..... I died to Zexion like 20 times or something.... ZEXION FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

Squishy3

Just do whatever your first playthrough of Nier, collecting the weapons doesn't matter as you have 2 other playthroughs to be able to get them, follow this guide on your second or third playthrough to get all the weapons, then for the third playthrough save before the point of no return, pick top option for ending C, then reload immediately if you want to do ending D right away (need to complete the last area again, but it's not that long.) but if you want the platinum trophy save ending D for after. :p

Also Nier is really easy, even with some of the ridiculous bullet patterns near the end of the game because you can just power right through them. you keep all your weapons for each playthrough too so you have phoenix spear right away. this is the one weapon i do recommend saving for in your first playthrough because it kills everything in 2-3 hits and bosses in like 5 even unupgraded

Okingjrr

So, rule 63 Woolie was announced for Tekken 7
CnnGhX7UkAAFsK2.jpg:orig

Kaztinka

Just do whatever your first playthrough of Nier, collecting the weapons doesn't matter as you have 2 other playthroughs to be able to get them, follow this guide on your second or third playthrough to get all the weapons, then for the third playthrough save before the point of no return, pick top option for ending C, then reload immediately if you want to do ending D right away (need to complete the last area again, but it's not that long.) but if you want the platinum trophy save ending D for after. :p

Also Nier is really easy, even with some of the ridiculous bullet patterns near the end of the game because you can just power right through them. you keep all your weapons for each playthrough too so you have phoenix spear right away. this is the one weapon i do recommend saving for in your first playthrough because it kills everything in 2-3 hits and bosses in like 5 even unupgraded

Took me 35 hours to get all the endings, and I dicked around doing quests for extras muns

Nice.
Thanks a lot guys

Siegcram

I doubt he's farther than GioGio, but that still means he's only read half of the manga. And having wiki information is just poor form if he's going that route to be informed for the LP.
I just think it's weird to preemptively complain about problems of an LP that hasn't even started yet.

yeah... HLTB is probably too hardcore for me
"Kingdom hearts 2 takes 32 hours" - beat it in 63 hours
"God hand takes 13.5 hours" - beat it in 20 hours
"Symphony of the night takes 8.5 hours" - beat it in 16 hours
funny how my completion time is always close to that of Completionist
but I do like to dick around in many games, like for instance, in god hand I spent hours getting rekt on the secret challenges
In KH2 final mix a friend of mine told me Zexion is easy and I should fight him early on...
he lied..... I died to Zexion like 20 times or something.... ZEXION FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

Yeah i didn't fight any of the absent silhouettes till after my first visit on critical mode. Larxene specifically fucked me up.

Kaztinka

Yeah i didn't fight any of the absent silhouettes till after my first visit on critical mode. Larxene specifically fucked me up.

Now that you mention it
he also told me to play the game on critical difficulty (this was the first time I've ever played a KH game btw)
thank god I decided to back down and play on proud difficulty...

Xux

Can I just buy the whole JoJo series in English, please? Just put them all out at once; I'll buy them. I know it's months and months of work that'd cost millions of dollars but just do it; I have an LP to prepare for.

Steel Ball Run is amazing. Of all the parts, Part 7 is probably Araki's masterpiece.

Yeah, complete agreement. I know a lot of people like Part 4, but the growing pains as he strained against the limits of shonen without really embracing seinen show through so hard sometimes in Diamond is Unbreakable.

Steel Ball Run is where you really feel you're getting "Peak Araki", uncensored, all thriller no filler. He got close at times with Stone Ocean, but there was still the feeling that the shonen structure was there even if the censorship was gone; Part 7 is him really telling the story his way, all the way.

Man, Furi is so fun but it has a bad case of Platinumitis where you have to do everything perfectly or you lose.

I can't even make it past the 2nd bosses 5th life bar after 3 attempts. And they take like 10 minutes each, geez

Anung

Un Rama
Man, Furi is so fun but it has a bad case of Platinumitis where you have to do everything perfectly or you lose.

I can't even make it past the 2nd bosses 5th life bar after 3 attempts. And they take like 10 minutes each, geez

For a game that prides itself on its difficulty the balancing is all over the shop. Don't even drop it down to easy as the game basically plays itself.

ArjanN

For a game that prides itself on its difficulty the balancing is all over the shop. Don't even drop it down to easy as the game basically plays itself.

You hardly have to be perfect, maybe if you didn't have multiple health bars. If you're having trouble with the early bosses the problem is almost certainly that you haven't fully grasped the mechanics, and not the actual execution, (which is somewhat understandable, given that there's not much in the way of a tutorial.)

The time you need to beat them also drops quite a bit once you fully understand when they're vulnerable, and when the window for charging/ boosting attack is etc.

I don't think the balancing is as bad as people claim though, pretty much every boss introduces a new concept that the following ones then build on. Some 'waves' and bosses are easier but that seemed mostly intentional to me.

Xux

Oh snap, the Fisticuffs everyone's been waiting for!

...and they had to upload it right when the podcast went up. I don't have all night, guys, and I obviously have to listen right when it goes up.

Menitta

Oh man their voices are sooooo hoarse. I understand why, of course, but it's just much more extreme than after a normal con. The mics make it so clear too!

Edit: Oh my god I need to try DDR fighting games!

Top Bottom