• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Welcome to Berserk

It only gets more fucked from here and the ride never ends.
Something boat something

I'll forgive Miura if he tells me his favorite Idolm@ster
I would have preferred if only one of them had beat the game - so at least one person was genuinely seeing things for the first time - or just be upfront about it from part 6 onward that "we've already beat the game". How they handled it wasn't great.
Yup, but they've been pretty vocal about regretting it. I don't think they'd do it again.

Skrams

So Matt posted about the Vessel thing on the somethingawful forums, so I thought I'd link some of those posts pertaining to the Vessel thing if anyone cares.

We aren't super ready to go for a full blown explanation yet (wait a few more weeks) but here's the gist of it.

Vessel is a completely separate premium video service, and you pay 3$ a month for everything it has, there's stuff like epic meal time, and another LPers like Seananners, etc.

The videos will be three days ahead of youtube. If you want to take advantage of that and watch stuff early, please do, if you don't, continue watching on youtube. I'm fine with either. If you sign up for the service and reference us when you do so, you get your first month free to try it out, and see if you like it. If you hate it, don't continue.

This was a deal presented to us, and us as a group, accepted it, and the contract lasts for one year. There's a couple of reasons why we chose to do this, but without going into a lot of details, the failure of our site was one of them. It was made and maintained by another company altogether, and we've been a bit unhappy with the progress (or lack thereof) on getting it up to code and adding features.

As for Machinima itself, I'm sorry some of you feel it's an evil corporation or whatever that burns baby monkeys, but we wouldn't be where we are without them. They've always treated us fairly, flown us out to various events, and have contributed alot more than you'd assume to the channel. Until they actually slight us or treat us poorly, we're content to stay with them as they have let us do our own thing the way we want.

Also guys, I post in here fairly regularly I guess, and you are directly asking me, so I felt compelled to reply. And while this is not top secret hush hush information, I'd appreciate it if you could keep it to yourselves for now, we'll be making a formal video or at least a text announcement in the coming weeks so everyone gets the low down.

You can also scroll down if you want some other behind the scenes goodies about things like Woolie just being Nah at a DMC4 SE Quick Look because they're not good enough. Or stuff like

Just submitted my script for Did You Know Gaming Silent Hill Part 2!

Hope it gets approved soon, so Pat and I can voice it in time for Halloween!

Something boat something

I'll forgive Miura if he tells me his favorite Idolm@ster
Yup, but they've been pretty vocal about regretting it. I don't think they'd do it again.

I really should of said boat ride. Missed opportunity. Also yeah, I don't really ever expect it to happen again. Pat got poo'd on enough with him playing ahead in Bloodborne a bit, and I don't think any of the others want to push that line.

finished Ultra Despair Girls
man i hope they dont skip alot of dialogue as this game has perhaps even more plot info than the previous ones imo

Neol

That Zoo looks very pleasant :D The Zoo I went to in Ueda in Tokyo was horrible and really put me off Zoos ;_;

Most zoos are pretty depressing especially if most of the exhibits are just the animals sleeping/lazing around.

Still that zoo is pretty cool since they have the animals just walking on the road and your free to interact with them.

Village

I need your help, serious life delema.

I need your help on whether or not I should make a thread.

It is about early 2000's internet. And it is video game related

Nah we don't need anymore threads about how Sephiroth is the best and most handsome character of all time

finished Ultra Despair Girls
man i hope they dont skip alot of dialogue as this game has perhaps even more plot info than the previous ones imo
If the dialogue keeps overstaying it's welcome, well...

external

jeez theres a bunch of salty fucks in the youtube comments about Ultra Despair Girls
good, your suffering is delectable
i love the series and their salt is just making me stronger

:( Aww I actually liked the English in Ultra Despair Girls

Saying this as someone who's never played a Dangnammit RonPaul game before, but still.

Also can't do something in another tab and get at least half the dialogue they skip thru

you should prob play them instead of making your future self hate you

giphy.gif

:[

OH WELL, NO TURNING BACK NOW

Alfredo

:( Aww I actually liked the English in Ultra Despair Girls

Saying this as someone who's never played a Dangnammit RonPaul game before, but still.

I think both languages are good. DR1 had the weakest English voice acting, but it got infinitely better as the series went on.

But if you ever do play Danganronpa, it's best to pick one language and stick with it through the whole series (unless you watch the English dub of the anime, which has a completely different cast [except one character] from the English dub of the game).

Anung

Un Rama
Considering most people seem to say that Dagron Romba is good as podcast listening I don't think switching the VA to Japanese is a good idea. Probably just alienate people further.

Man, I wish the Zaibatsu would do an LP of Nier now that the second one is on it's way and Liam keeps gushing all over the first one.

Also because the game is just fucking great I can never get enough of Kainé swearing.

Yeah, count me in on the pro-Dag-gon'-it Ron-Paul dub crowd. The dub VA performances felt more alive.

Also, fuck Shirokuma's Japanese dub voice. That high pitched cutesy shit makes me want to stab things.

Yeah, count me in on the pro-Dag-gon'-it Ron-Paul dub crowd. The dub VA performances felt more alive.

Also, fuck Shirokuma's Japanese dub voice. That high pitched cutesy shit makes me want to stab things.

theres a reason for that voice
a plot reason
also Monokuma sub voice is superior and hes the face of the damn series
the friggin mascot even

Squishy3

I think both languages are good. DR1 had the weakest English voice acting, but it got infinitely better as the series went on.

But if you ever do play Danganronpa, it's best to pick one language and stick with it through the whole series (unless you watch the English dub of the anime, which has a completely different cast [except one character] from the English dub of the game).
DR1 is fine, Ultra Despair Girls is fineish except for Jataro and the first kid whose name I can't remember.

DR1 also has Shaggy voicing Hagakure, therefore it's the best.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I personally find the Japanese dub just way stronger in Danganronpa overall. Not to say the English dub is that bad (it was worst towards the beginning of Danganronpa 1), but I find the Japanese dub to just be really good.

That said, they probably shouldn't switch mid-playthrough. That can really screw with attachment to characters.

Disgraced

Thanks for posting.
Matt said:
Also guys, I post in here fairly regularly I guess, and you are directly asking me, so I felt compelled to reply. And while this is not top secret hush hush information, I'd appreciate it if you could keep it to yourselves for now, we'll be making a formal video or at least a text announcement in the coming weeks so everyone gets the low down.
This post here's silly though. Like, what, dude? It's the Internet, you didn't think people'd find it and talk about it? "Keep it to yourselves for now." C'mon man. If you wanted it presented your way be prepared.

Aside from that, I actually think Vessel seems cool. Few bucks for a few days early's fair and beneficial for all viewers so long as it goes into improving the show.

One last negative I'll say: I really think they ought to start getting the audio and frame rate problems solved if they're offering stuff for money now. That shit's bad.

ArjanN

I personally find the Japanese dub just way stronger in Danganronpa overall. Not to say the English dub is that bad (it was worst towards the beginning of Danganronpa 1), but I find the Japanese dub to just be really good.

That said, they probably shouldn't switch mid-playthrough. That can really screw with attachment to characters.

The english dub sounds like your typical generic anime dub, i.e. pretty bad compared to the original voices.

Anung

Un Rama
One last negative I'll say: I really think they ought to start getting the audio and frame rate problems solved if they're offering stuff for money now. That shit's bad.

Yeah, that's the whole thing. I know being unprofessional is kind of their thing. But when money gets involved, real human money, you have to deal with it in a specific way or people will get pissed off.

kewlmyc

The dub for the DR series is fine. It's not better than the JP original, but only few dubs, anime and videogames, can say that nowadays (Cowboy Bebop and Baccano come to mind). It's just annoying having them constantly bitch about the dub when in reality it isn't bad. Even Jataro is fine because he's supposed to sound like a stupid kid. Glad they switched to the language they prefer though. Hopefully they stop skipping though dialogue now since we're getting pretty far into the game now.

They should go watch Akame ga Kill's dub if they want a shit dub.

Anung

Un Rama
Most zoos are pretty depressing especially if most of the exhibits are just the animals sleeping/lazing around.

This one was pretty much animal mistreatment. Shitty enclosures and ridiculously intolerable heat to boot. Only animals that had it made were the reptiles. Cheap entry price too which is lame. I'd have paid a extra if it helped the animals out. Felt bad for the penguins and the red pandas looked dead :(

This post here's silly though. Like, what, dude? It's the Internet, you didn't think people'd find it and talk about it? "Keep it to yourselves for now." C'mon man. If you wanted it presented your way be prepared.

He's using Reverse Streisand Advertising. You tell people not to talk about the thing to get them to talk the most about the thing.

Man, they really had Toko take a big swig of the "you're a pussy if you don't engage in pointless combat with underequipped forces" kool-aid and not offer any useful ideas. She really came across as one of those really shitty Klingons that's all "honor and glory!", then charges into a fight, just to get taken out in like five seconds.

Actually, it'd be hilarious to see Worf and Martok dealing with Komaru and Toku as they go through the city, giving advice and telling cool stories, at least until the game ends because Worf comes up with a technobabble solution to the Monokuma problem.

he obviously needs to replay Peace Walker
I feel like everyone else in the Zaibatsu needs to replay Peace Walker. Liam seems like the only one that would know anything from that game.

Though it's funny PW was mentioned as I just started playing that game this afternoon after finishing Subsistence, and now I'm pretty much locked into playing the games in chronological order.

Top Bottom