• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Yeah, that's the whole thing. I know being unprofessional is kind of their thing. But when money gets involved, real human money, you have to deal with it in a specific way or people will get pissed off.

I think the unprofessional thing is pretty endearing, especially with how their podcasts still sounds like 4 dudes talking into a 50 dollar mic while sitting in someone's bedroom. But yeah, when money's involved, they'd better be ready for the complaints assuming anything goes wrong.

I hope this goes well for them though!
Maybe I'll sign up if they play a specific game I've been asking a year for.

Yeah, no thanks.

Video's private now, if you're curious it looked like an LP intro for
FFX with Matt and Zach.

AH HA HA HA HA HA

AH HA HA HA HA HA

Back in my JRPG phase, FFX sure was topz. Had NO IDEA what the fuck I was doing in Bliztball tho.

Also Zach needs to play Xenogears cat don't know what's he's missing. Long-haired catz are da bezt.

Disgraced

That's sounds like a one-off, mainly cause
Zach
, hopefully it is.
You're probably right.
He's using Reverse Streisand Advertising. You tell people not to talk about the thing to get them to talk the most about the thing.
Riiiiiight.
But yeah, when money's involved, they'd better be ready for the complaints assuming anything goes wrong.
I'm worried they aren't. I hope they are.
he obviously needs to replay Peace Walker
I feel like everyone else in the Zaibatsu needs to replay Peace Walker. Liam seems like the only one that would know anything from that game.
Aren't the rest of 'em not so warm on PW?

Aren't the rest of 'em not so warm on PW?

None of them likes it besides Liam I think. Matt especially dislikes it, considering how much he loves Snake Eater.

I could go for an FFX LP. It'd be like Star Fox where I'm reminded on how mediocre the game is compared to my initial thoughts on it (loved it to death back a decade ago). Though an FFVIII styled video would also be great as well.

Skrams

If it's Blitzball I would think it would be Super Best Friends because it's kind of Wooliam's schtick. For now I can only assume Matt and Pat or Liam on controls for a full LP. I'm also not super familiar with Blitzball, so I don't know if there's some interesting way to actually make a gag LP where it's just working their way up in the Blitzball rankings.

Man, I dunno. Anyway I can think the LP will go in my mind sounds boring.

so apparently you can throw your guys off the motherbase to their death lol
auto game over though

Also, if it takes you more than 3 in game days to save Kaz in the first mission, when you find him he'll be dead and its automatic game over. Someone pointed that out in the GB thread.

Very good contender. Keep forgetting about it cuz I was fortunate to not play FFXIII.

I liked it enough to play it 3 times. Well, two and a half technically.

Anung

Un Rama
None of them likes it besides Liam I think. Matt especially dislikes it, considering how much he loves Snake Eater.

I could go for an FFX LP. It'd be like Star Fox where I'm reminded on how mediocre the game is compared to my initial thoughts on it (loved it to death back a decade ago). Though an FFVIII styled video would also be great as well.

I played FFX recently on PS4 and I loved it almost as much as I did back in the day. I still hate Blitzball with a passion though. Not sure FFX would be good LP material right now.

Numb

tumblr_inline_mpot3mdVwF1qz4rgp.png

Thx Clay

I played FFX recently on PS4 and I loved it almost as much as I did back in the day. I still hate Blitzball with a passion though. Not sure FFX would be good LP material right now.

That's pretty amazing. I remember watching parts of an LP of it a year or two ago and just remembering "wow this is not as good as i remembered it to be." Then again when i played it as a teen i thought it was one of the greatest games ever with an amazingly written story but it was my first RPG so yeah lol.

Also, so thats how you do the Quiet fight with the loot drops. God that trvializes the fuck out of whats probably a Top 5 metal gear fight. Though im sure Liam probably went home and redid it the traditional way to see how great it is.

Anung

Un Rama
That's pretty amazing. I remember watching parts of an LP of it a year or two ago and just remembering "wow this is not as good as i remembered it to be." Then again when i played it as a teen i thought it was one of the greatest games ever with an amazingly written story but it was my first RPG so yeah lol.

I was like 13 when X came out. I did expect it to not live up to my nostalgia but I did have a very enjoyable experience with XHD.

I was like 13 when X came out. I did expect it to not live up to my nostalgia but I did have a very enjoyable experience with XHD.

I was like 8 but didnt get a ps2 till i was like 12 which is when i played it.

I should give it another shot someday especially since this is the international version with the dark aeons and penance. With all my problems with the game, the gameplay definitely isn't one of them, even if a little barebones.

Also, so thats how you do the Quiet fight with the loot drops. God that trvializes the fuck out of whats probably a Top 5 metal gear fight. Though im sure Liam probably went home and redid it the traditional way to see how great it is.

Having fought her with a tranq pistol, then a proper rifle, Liam missed out on some of her cooler stuff.

Top 5 Metal Gear fight? Still too early to say.

MrHoot

Also holy crap that starfox finale was great. Such a trainwreck of emotions all around and Liam playing them like damn fiddles.

Absolutely enjoyed that LP. They made a pretty mediocre boring game very enjoyable with their banter

Holy shit. I seriously thought I missed a lot of StarFox because it was the final and I missed the things they were talking about during the LP
I also thought you switched between characters
but Liam is the ultimate fiddler player.

Numb

Hope we get early podcast again.
What even happened the past week? or right TGS. I am sure Liam and Pat got stuff to say.
Pat was gone too last time so we might get a jam packed bulging podcast.

Two Best Friends Play Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain (Part 12)

Website

What an ending to Star Fox. Woolie's reactions were great. Hoping the next LP is a Matt/Woolie of Predator quality

Fucking losing my shit over here. You're the rising superstar of this thread.
I'm crying. You've made my week.
I'm trying to hold my laughter in while waiting for my next class. It's working out poorly.

Glad you liked it, Skla had the idea. Any other projects for poorly made videos, shops or art I'm open to ideas. Basically, help me procrastinate as much as possible.

go get famous on the subreddit

Looks like somebody already posted a better edited video, at least two afternoons of work.

Top Bottom