• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle Fed. Judge grants temporary restraining order on Immigration Ban nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, come in&out? You weren't allowed to leave the country either?

Yeah, this is the same reason why they screwed up on the green card aspects on the original.

I'm so surprised the weight of the world didn't fall on him. Presidents can't make mistakes like that.

"oops, forgot that bit of info!"

SerTapTap

The man has the temperament of a fucking infant. He is the biggest, most fragile snowflake on the planet, yet the "fuck your feelings" morons voted for him. What is their damage?

Even rats abandon sinking ship

Unless they're insane white nationalist rats

Unfortunately it's looking like there are many, many more insane white nationalists than any of us ever even imagined could be in this country.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of his tweets/ EOs are starting to make sense.

He actually thought he was a dictator.

I mean, his whole campaign was about how he would run America like he runs his businesses. Never mind that that is not how our democracy works or the fact that he has run just about all of his businesses into bankruptcy. Plenty of hateful idiots out there who bought his message completely.

Nokterian

giphy.gif

Volimar

You guys are all cocky and I'm still remembering that there's no such thing as a sure thing in this country anymore. Here's hoping justice prevails.

HE'S STILL GOING?!

You guys are all cocky and I'm still remembering that there's no such thing as a sure thing in this country anymore. Here's hoping justice prevails.

They popped that EO in on a weekend without anybody knowing about it and it still got struck down day of in some spots

It's gonna be real hard for it to stick

Grug

The way thungs stand he won't win. At the worst certain parts wont pass as okay.

Yeah, they will probably uphold 99 percent of the Federal stay but declare that a small provision about being allowed to do a slightly more detailed passport examination is legal. Trump will then declare it a great victory over "liberal activist so-called judges".

KSweeley

This specific Tweet is now getting news coverage: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ns-separation-of-powers-after-judge-halts-his

The tweet by Trump appeared to question the authority of the judge and his ability to halt his executive order banning travel.

"What is our country coming to when a judge can halt a Homeland Security travel ban and anyone, even with bad intentions, can come into U.S.?" Trump tweeted.

Matthew Miller, a former Justice Department spokesman in the Obama administration, knocked Trump's response, saying that "with every tweet he is just making it harder and harder for DOJ attorneys to win in court."

As much as I rag(rightfully due) on Trump it's not like his stupid shit has never been said before in this country. Hell this isn't the first time we wanted "to build a wall"

We tend to forget this type of redoric had been repeating and repeating. This article on it is pretty good. Back then we didn't have twitter, but we did have newspapers. Which were obviously the most wide spread use to spread info.

Take a look at some of the cartoons that were made back then in that article. It's pretty disgusting.

leroidys

As much as I rag on Trump it's not like his stupid shit has never been said before in this country. Hell this isn't the first time we wanted "to build a wall"

We tend to forget this type of redoric had been repeating and repeating. This article on it is pretty good. Back then we didn't have twitter, but we did have newspapers. Which were obviously the most wide spread use to spread info.

Take a look at some of the cartoons that were made back then in that article. It's pretty disgusting.

And now these people have more political power than they've had at any point in modern history.

commedieu

Banned
As much as I rag(rightfully due) on Trump it's not like his stupid shit has never been said before in this country. Hell this isn't the first time we wanted "to build a wall"

Now. Wrap that all into one candidate that openly ran on bigotry and hate. Won an election, Then continued to say said rhetoric and hired white supremacists to run his cabinet and is trying to destroy the division of power in our country.

No one is saying elements of bad things have never happened in isolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom