• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle Fed. Judge grants temporary restraining order on Immigration Ban nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
C3yg7ROVUAIfUiX.jpg:small

Tovarisc

DoJ will fight this outrageous order against President's EO as soon as possible, this by Spicer from WH.

Acosta just read their lengthy statement on CNN.

"Customs & Border Protection has informed airlines "back to business as usual” prior to executive order effective immediately #travelban"

Zophar

DoJ will fight this outrageous order against President's EO as soon as possible, this by Spicer from WH.

Acosta just read their lengthy statement on CNN.
I take it to be good news that they are actually going to use the judicial branch to duke this out instead of just going over their head.

"Customs & Border Protection has informed airlines "back to business as usual” prior to executive order effective immediately #travelban"

So, how many people died, were injured, and how much business was lost over this EO that did nothing but show the racism of the current people in the white house and give terrorist groups and people skeptical of the US more ammo with which to criticize?

Trojan

Man this is big. Apparently Customs and Border patrol is reinstating the visas that got rescinded. This has got to drive Trump bananas.

sqwarlock

Say Trump and company lose the battle on this (which I'm sure they will if it goes to court). Where do they go from here? Someone there clearly wants this to be a thing, so what lengths will they go to, to stop "the evil Muslims" from entering our country?

I'm hoping this win is actually a win, and not some sort of ammunition to draft something worse in response.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Say Trump and company lose the battle on this (which I'm sure they will if it goes to court). Where do they go from here? Someone there clearly wants this to be a thing, so what lengths will they go to, to stop "the evil Muslims" from entering our country?

I'm hoping this win is actually a win, and not some sort of ammunition to draft something worse in response.

100% serious I think they'll pull an Andrew Jackson and tell the courts to fuck off. That they can try to enforce their ruling.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Some potentially "smrt" people would want him to close all of immigration. Good luck on that :lol

Soroc

I bet you Trump gave Spicer the keys to the Oval office and told him not to throw any parties while he's away. Spicer got triggered and wrote the statement hastily lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The biggest shit show in modern times, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom