• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle Fed. Judge grants temporary restraining order on Immigration Ban nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? (From UK, so don't know why)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_judge

Article III federal judges" (as opposed to judges of some courts with special jurisdictions) serve "during good behavior" (often paraphrased as appointed "for life"). Judges hold their seats until they resign, die, or are removed from office. Although the legal orthodoxy is that judges cannot be removed from office except by impeachment by the House of Representatives followed by conviction by the Senate, several legal scholars, including William Rehnquist, Saikrishna Prakash and Steven D. Smith, have argued that the Good Behaviour Clause may, in theory, permit removal by way of a writ of scire facias filed before a federal court, without resort to impeachment.[1]

Knurek

Thought that was a fake tweet for a minute, can't tell anymore. What a baby. He can't fire a federal judge, I hope he realizes this.

He can't fire a judge, sure.
But as far as I know, he can order a drone strike against a suspected Al-Qaeda sympathizer.

Na_ytto_kuva_2017_02_04_kello_15_13_56.png

Trump just got up from his nap.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/827867311054974976

Here's more:

Na_ytto_kuva_2017_02_04_kello_15_23_44.png

Na_ytto_kuva_2017_02_04_kello_15_23_52.png

One more. This one's fucking amazing.
Na_ytto_kuva_2017_02_04_kello_15_44_37.png
This guy

Ithil

I guarantee he legitimately thought judges were supposed to just do whatever he says and not challenge him.

Grug

Republicans are all about worshipping the founding fathers until they bang their heads against the checks and balances they put in place.

Nokterian

He either does not understand how the judiciary branch of the government works or he wants all matters to be settled on Twitter. This nightmare cannot be over soon enough.

Correct, he doesn't know how rule of law works and doesn't know what the constitution is.

Jabronium

Nice way to kick off week 3 of this nightmare.

I need to find a protest to take part in. Spent all week trying to call my Senators but it was either busy or full mailboxes.

aceface

Imagine how much Republicans would have collectively lost their shit if Obama called a judge that ruled against one of his executive orders a "so-called" judge.

Also the Judge, James Robart, is a Bush appointee so I seriously doubt he's some rogue liberal.

But that was before he was president, being president means he's like a king now, everyone just has to worship him and do whatever he says.
And people thought the Republican Party were talking about Jesus when their statement only 6 weeks ago mentioned the coming of a new King.

jiiikoo

Banned
Na_ytto_kuva_2017_02_04_kello_16_29_32.png

Still going hard with the catchphrase. Probably some aide said "hey, don't call them so-called judge" and he thinks this will make it better.

JP_

Banned
Republicans are all about worshipping the founding fathers until they bang their heads against the checks and balances they put in place.
Nah they just use founding fathers the same way they use the bible -- revise it to fit their beliefs.

Xater

Trump basically just said that the judicial branch of the government is bullshit. Hat is astoundingly undemocratic. How is this a real person in charge of the US?

Na_ytto_kuva_2017_02_04_kello_16_29_32.png

Still going hard with the catchphrase. Probably some aide said "hey, don't call them so-called judge" and he thinks this will make it better.

It's his touchstone, his benediction.
It's brought him so far He is tweeting it out as a prayer thinking trump force will lift him up, and dash his enemies.

I wonder if he ever thought of becoming an evangelist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom