• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle Fed. Judge grants temporary restraining order on Immigration Ban nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkBeard

GET FUCKED, TRUMP

06-jim-carrey-ace-venmny7k.gif

I feel like this should be quoted often.

BFIB

To really piss him off, people should gather down at his runaway ego boost and celebrate this being overruled.

With the way the courts are going, Trump'll need emergency powers to get the heinous stuff through. Which actually scares me.

I want to see more happy pictures of people arriving in US now that this has been halted. The ones I've seen are a tad heartwarming.
Same. These pictures should be what represents America.

Have you seen the guy? He has absolutely no clue how to handle most electronics.
They should make it so the president has to enter UNIX commands in order to launch nukes from the bunker. Maybe after he has to walk down several flights of stairs to get there.

Thanks!

Edit: Cool, possibly Trump coming to his senses.
Later on Sunday, a larger senior staff meeting was convened with White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, senior adviser Jared Kushner and Trump himself, where all tried to make sense of the process and chart a path forward. The president made a decision at that meeting that, following the already scheduled rollout of a executive order on regulatory reforms, all other executive orders would be held up until a process was established that included the input of key officials outside the White House. ”We have to evaluate the way we get input from the Cabinet secretaries affected before we do things," the White House official said.

Or not:
The pause appeared to end on Friday, when Trump signed an executive order and a memorandum on financial regulation.

Lego Boss

DHS and TSA are the main reason l don't like visiting USA, but l'm never going to visit as long as that orange fuckwit is in charge.

Sorry. Nothing personal.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Love that Trump is having a meltdown over this

Stay losing until you're impeached pls

I can only imagine the look on Bannon's face when Kelly told him, "I don't take orders from you, you're not the president."

Trump's going to have a hard time having plausible deniability about any of his inner circle's policy ideas.

Boke1879

Good let them fight. Bannon is most assuredly overstepping and that's about to piss off a lot of people.

Also Trump isn't coming to his senses. He's likely getting frustrated at the way Bannon is acting and quite possibly getting more attention.

liquidtmd

Banned
Just catching up on this news.

Goddamn this is fucking amazing.

"No one is above the Law, not even the President" genuinely sounds like a Hollywood espionage thriller, specifically from the end of an Act 2 battlecry before an all out assault is launched on the White House to take out the 'bad dudes'

Is this real life?

Just catching up on this news.

Goddamn this is fucking amazing.

"No one is above the Law, not even the President" genuinely sounds like a Hollywood espionage thriller, specifically from the end of an Act 2 battlecry before an all out assault is launched on the White House to take out the 'bad dudes'

Is this real life?
Next scene
Edward-Isaac Dovere‏ @IsaacDovere

Bannon went to DHS Sec. to give him an order re ban. Kelly said he only takes orders from president -via @joshrogin
https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/827910836433858561

Boke1879

So the EO is losing support and the courts are slowing him down.

Wonder how Trump or Bannon will use the DOJ and the FBI

Kadin

So what does it take for the DoJ to overturn this federal judge's ruling? I know there's still more to be done with the judge and the lawyers involved, but can the DoJ literally just step in and say, "nope" and overturn it? I imagine they have to prove in some fashion, that the public will be able to see, that this judge went too far?

linkboy

So what does it take for the DoJ to overturn this federal judge's ruling? I know there's still more to be done with the judge and the lawyers involved, but can the DoJ literally just step in and say, "nope" and overturn it? I imagine they have to prove in some fashion, that the public will be able to see, that this judge went too far?

No, they have to appeal the ruling. If they ignore it, they're in contempt of court.

Kadin

No, they have to appeal the ruling. If they ignore it, they're in contempt of court.
Okay good. Reading the tweet from Trump earlier saying it will be overturned seemed to imply that he's fully confident it'll happen which scared me just a tad.

Protein

Banned
I hope the ACLU sues the orange off of his skin. Also, LOL at Bannon getting cockslapped away. I don't take orders from fucking Nazis.

America really needed this ray of sun shine after the nightmare we've all been living in for these past weeks. Anything or anyone challenging this facist on this large of a scale makes me feel better.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
The movie about this will be an awesome watch. Too bad that Oliver Stone will probably be the first to make it. Will wait for the David Fincher version. An aged Owen Wilson for Trump.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
NYC Mayor's Office ‏@NYCMayorsOffice

NYC Mayor's Office Retweeted Donald J. Trump
This so-called judge stood up for American values and rights, allowing cities like NYC to remain welcoming to ALL.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump

The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
NYC Mayor's Office ‏@NYCMayorsOffice

NYC Mayor's Office Retweeted Donald J. Trump
This so-called judge stood up for American values and rights, allowing cities like NYC to remain welcoming to ALL.

Where are all the "Fuck Yea!' gifs? Where does GAF hide those things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom