• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Section 8: Prejudice |OT| Thread of ridiculously good value $15 PSN/XBLA/GFWL

I've had some very very good games as of late and some piss poor ones. Both types were in full 32 player servers.

When a team doesn't know what to do, or are being selfish (ie camping on the outskirts by themselves) it is infuriating. You can tell good players and people working like a team because they are so on point and lethal.

You know you are being worked when the final score is 280 to 1000 or some such fiasco.

Does anyone know on the higher ranks if you get more points to spread over your abilities or is it stuck on the points you are given at the beginning?

Warm Machine said:
I've had some very very good games as of late and some piss poor ones. Both types were in full 32 player servers.

When a team doesn't know what to do, or are being selfish (ie camping on the outskirts by themselves) it is infuriating. You can tell good players and people working like a team because they are so on point and lethal.

You know you are being worked when the final score is 280 to 1000 or some such fiasco.

Does anyone know on the higher ranks if you get more points to spread over your abilities or is it stuck on the points you are given at the beginning?

It's capped at 10. Otherwise everyone would be overpowered.

LocoMrPollock said:
It's capped at 10. Otherwise everyone would be overpowered.

I was just reading. If you get to level 65 you get 1 more point and when you get to 85 you get 2 more points. I'm level 29 or so right now.

Raide

Really enjoying the MP side of things but has anyone else have the game lockup on them? I have had it once in SP and just now in MP. Really annoying but at least they are infrequent.

Love the objectives and the scale of maps. Not really played with vehicles, since I am playing a Support Medic type of thing. :D

Raide said:
Really enjoying the MP side of things but has anyone else have the game lockup on them? I have had it once in SP and just now in MP. Really annoying but at least they are infrequent.

Love the objectives and the scale of maps. Not really played with vehicles, since I am playing a Support Medic type of thing. :D

Yeah, my friend and myself have both had multiple lockups. Usually when a bunch of shit is going on.

Raide

LocoMrPollock said:
Yeah, my friend and myself have both had multiple lockups. Usually when a bunch of shit is going on.

Hrmm, annoying because it locks up so bad the power button on the console does nothing. :D

Overall I really like the game. The difficulty curve is pretty good, especially if you think about it as a team game. I think those that like to ride solo might have a more difficult time adjusting to it.

Just to double check, as I Rank up online, I get access to the other gear right?

Raide

LocoMrPollock said:
Yeah, and apparently a couple more attribute points if you make it up to 65 and 85 or something.

Good good. Will jump back on again later and try and rank up more. I miss some of the stuff from SP.

Btw, the unlock for finishing SP, how does that work?

Raide said:
Good good. Will jump back on again later and try and rank up more. I miss some of the stuff from SP.

Btw, the unlock for finishing SP, how does that work?

Not sure about that one. I think it's a different type of armor that you can change in your loadout.

Raide

Billen said:
I am so curious as to how this plays on the PC.

Hrmm...I cannot see it playing much differently to the 360 version. Other than controls and maybe the deployment stuff being a little easier, aiming might be different. (Not sure if they have the lock-on feature)

Billen

Banned
Raide said:
Hrmm...I cannot see it playing much differently to the 360 version. Other than controls and maybe the deployment stuff being a little easier, aiming might be different. (Not sure if they have the lock-on feature)

Well, there IS bit of a difference to the gameplay considering that the controls are entirely different. :D

Raide

Billen said:
Well, there IS bit of a difference to the gameplay considering that the controls are entirely different. :D

:D

I am guessing the overall gameplay is similar. Large teams, capturing the points, deploying objects and doing the sub-missions that pop up. I guess the PC version might get much more variety through mods etc later on down the line.

Edit: Dammit! Got a good way through a Swarm match and the game locks up again...grrr.

I just went on a nice tear with a mech. 8 kills with it and some good assists as well as damage to turrets and so forth. I actually had a team mate healing me too so it was doubly cool.

When the game does lock up, does the entire server get hit or just the player? It's crashed on me twice, maybe three times.

Raide

Warm Machine said:
I just went on a nice tear with a mech. 8 kills with it and some good assists as well as damage to turrets and so forth. I actually had a team mate healing me too so it was doubly cool.

When the game does lock up, does the entire server get hit or just the player? It's crashed on me twice, maybe three times.

Think it might just be the player. Holding down the power button will switch it off, or pull the power. Really annoying but I have seen on the Timegate forums that they know about the issue and working on a fix. ETA...dunno. :D

I have had it 3 times so far in all of the modes and at random times, so I have no idea what it triggering it.

I had another crash today too.

So they say they are going to unlock Assault mode when they hit 10 million kills. Right now the counter is 6.5 million and climbing.

Warm Machine said:

So they say they are going to unlock Assault mode when they hit 10 million kills. Right now the counter is 6.5 million and climbing.

What's assault mode? Reversed Swarm I'm gonna guess.

Raide

Warm Machine said:

Would like a patch before new modes get added but its nice to see them adding stuff. :D Have they said what Assault mode is yet or is it a straight "2 base and teams have to destroy/hack 1 objective"?

I would like a MP version of Swarm, where you have to defend your Hacked Unit from players and then the teams swap from Defence to Attack.

Assault is a team-versus-team game mode where teams race to capture all Control Points in the fastest time. While in the attack round, players must work together to capture all control points. During the defense round, players defend their bases for as long as possible.

Sounds pretty cool actually. Didn't Battlefield BC2 have something like this?

Billen

Banned
Any eurogaffers that will be playing this tonight?

Update: Also, I have been talking to some people about this game. When I iscuss the spawning mechanics and some other things, people are VERY interested. Thing is, many gamers have no idea about this game. Have they failed at marketing?

Waiting for my steam version to unlock, went with that version instead of 360 just because it will run better and I think play better on a mouse, I did love the 360 demo though the 30 minute trial time I was still learning half the shit around the map and what to do :p

Hope it unlocks before 6pm, I work at night :(

Raide

Billen said:
Any eurogaffers that will be playing this tonight?

Update: Also, I have been talking to some people about this game. When I iscuss the spawning mechanics and some other things, people are VERY interested. Thing is, many gamers have no idea about this game. Have they failed at marketing?

I will be playing later this evening on 360, just as long as it does not lock up again on me.

Most people I talked to about it still think it was the old Section 8 just relaunched. I don't think they did enough to advertise the new game and show why it was different enough to pick up again.

Busy servers on steam, bah :( one thing I hate about steam is stuff like this.

Megalodactyl said:
Got this on Steam, waiting for it to unlock, any Gaffers on Steam feel free to add me so we can group up

Steam ID: Megalodactyl
can't find you on steam via that name.

Billen said:
What the hell does GFWL to do with the fact that you can't download it via Steam?

I wasn't sure if you could preload a GFWL title within Steam. If I'm wrong, then so be it. Do you ask all of your questions with a "What the hell" prefix? If so, how very grizzled of you.

no pre-load so you get a few hundred people fighting over bandwidth, annoying especially when the game is released at 5pm in the UK, half a day wasted.

If it's any consolation, Diablo...another fan will have to hit the hay before he gets a chance to play it. It's a very late (for me, at least) 1:35AM Tokyo time, and while I'd love to *jump in* once it's downloaded...I better do the right thing.

May all the PC players rain down righteous fire from on high. I require impressions from the PC version to await my awakening in a few hours! :D

Pylon_Trooper said:
If it's any consolation, Diablo...another fan will have to hit the hay before he gets a chance to play it. It's a very late (for me, at least) 1:35AM Tokyo time, and while I'd love to *jump in* once it's downloaded...I better do the right thing.

May all the PC players rain down righteous fire from on high. I require impressions from the PC version to await my awakening in a few hours! :D
heh well I have work in just over an hour as I work lates, still I can try to download it later at midnight.

Diablohead said:
heh well I have work in just over an hour as I work lates, still I can try to download it later at midnight.

No chance of leaving the thing to download and greet your upon your arrival home, or more a matter of logistics?

Either way, soon enough. Soon enough.

Top Bottom